what a crappy day off from work - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-20-2004, 12:41 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64
what a crappy day off from work

i wake up this morning with a message on my cell phone from my mom saying that she hit my 93 this morning backing out of the garage in my dads 01. I go look at my car and you can barely see a tiny scratch and some black paint so I think no big deal and call her to tell her she can make up for it by buying me lunch. When I get to scholtzky's I see my dads car and noticed the rear bumper is screwed up pretty bad - clear coat is cracked in a huge (like 8" x 8") spot with some green paint in the middle of it.

During lunch, my mom tells me that my 64 is taking up too much space in the garage and she wants me to move it outside (thats right, she wants me to move my 64 - with over $700 in brand new sheet metal and fiberglass, fresh primer, and hours of body work in it - right next to my 93 that she swapped paint with earlier that day). I told I would think about it if she bought me a nice car cover so the weather doesnt ruin the primer. She told me if I wanted a good one I would have to pay for it but she would get me a crappy universal one from sams for $30. We argued some more and it ended with her threatening to have the 64 towed.

After lunch I decided to go to autozone to get some oil and an oil filter and find out why my CEL is coming on. I get there and find out they cant do diagnostics on cars older than 1996 (hey, lets only serve half of our potential customer base!) so I got the stuff to change my oil and left. I get home, jack my car up, put it on the jack stands, and get the oil drainage pan out only to not be able to get the bolt off of the oil pan to drain the oil out.

what a lame day
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2004, 01:08 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
they only have a computer to scan obd2 codes at auto zone thats why they could not check your car
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 01:11 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Suckage :-/ Your mom shouldn't have been so hostile against the 64 being in the garage, it's a classic car! I wouldn't want it out there with all that money invested to it so far

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2004, 01:14 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

that seems pretty stupid to me since they told me to bring my car to a shop (which says to me that they dont want my business). Why don't they just buy the computer for the older cars and make more money selling parts to people with the older cars?
Old 07-20-2004, 01:37 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Falcon Send a message via MSN to Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon
Quote:
Originally Posted by fast64
that seems pretty stupid to me since they told me to bring my car to a shop (which says to me that they dont want my business). Why don't they just buy the computer for the older cars and make more money selling parts to people with the older cars?
i dont think you realize how much those things cost.. my dad has them for his shop dang ripoff just for a comp, the main scanner was over 3 grand and then the extra programs for diff year and make cars are about 5 hundred each time you get them
Full Stainless Magnaflow Exhaust, Stainless Longtubes/Off Road Y-Pipe, QTP E-Cutout, HP Tuners, Super Sucker Ram Air Kit, BMR Tunnel Brace/Driveshaft Safety Loop, Hotchkis Panhard Bar, Hypertech 160 Thermostat, CF Whisper Air Lid, Corvette FRCs, K&N, !AIR, !EGR
Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 01:44 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

damn, i didnt know they were that much
Old 07-20-2004, 01:55 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

yeah obd 1 scanners are expesive and you nedd a specific program for each car and a specific plug for each car we have one at my transmission class but we have over 20000 dollars in programs and its not for every car
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 07:41 PM   #8
Regular

Region: Tennessee
9wow your parents suck lol. I get to park in the garage

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 10:10 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

me too, my car isnt movin
Old 07-21-2004, 07:41 AM   #10
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
I used to not park in the garage, but i convinced my mom to scoot her Expedition over so I could squeeze my stang in one night because it was supposed to hail. Of course it didn't, but that is where my car gets parked everyday now
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar