Farenheit 9/11 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-21-2004, 07:34 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to sweet stang94
Farenheit 9/11

has anybody seen this movie yet.
sweet stang94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2004, 07:43 AM   #2
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
no. I might see it if somebody hands me a copy. No way I'm going to contribute to the Michael Moore isn't fat enough fund.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 09:51 AM   #3
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteStang99
no. I might see it if somebody hands me a copy. No way I'm going to contribute to the Michael Moore isn't fat enough fund.
What he said

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2004, 10:04 AM   #4
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
:wstupid:
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 11:57 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
michael moore is a genius
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 11:58 AM   #6
I liek gramer
Legacy

232stang has an opinion
Old 07-21-2004, 12:00 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to Horse Send a message via Yahoo to Horse
I'd like to see it, but it looks like it'd be depressing and I don't like paying for depressing myself. That's what I have my job for, and THEY pay me.
4.2L , CAI, BBK 65MM throttle body, 30lb injectors, SSM ported intakes, FLEX 1/2" spacer, RPM big valve heads, Comp roller rockers and cam, ASP-underdrive pulley, GT rear swaybar, & Quad Shocks, Full MM Coilover conversion, 17" Grey Torque Thrust wheels, FMS Aluminum driveshaft 8.8 rear w/ 3.73 gears, Tri-Ax Shorthrow shifter & SPEC stage II clutch w/ aluminum flywheel
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 02:12 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

its a typical documentary. he takes an opinion and backs it up with a bunch of facts. his opinion just happens to be that our president is a lying dink, who really doesnt have much intelligence. i could go on for days about this. by the way i am not a bush supporter.. if you couldnt tell. but to eatch his own.
just if you go see it, dont close your mind to it.. or only open your mind to his opinion. in either situation you are only cheating yourself.
This is America, where every vote counts, unless it's a vote for a Democrat.
thirstymate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 02:15 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I'm sorry, but when you parse the facts so severely that you make them say the opposite of the truth it ain't fact no more.

Moore is a lying idiot and those who believe his crap is the truth should not procreate.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvr2000stang
Holy crap he's right.
Ponycarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 02:30 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

i think he does twist some things to look more severe then they actually are. BUT there are many many audio facts taken from washington post and other reliable sources that i think people should know. like did anyone know that before bush was the big man in texas he ran not 1 or 2 but 3 oil companys bankrupt. a freakin oil company. one of the most prefitable companys to be established and he ran three bankrupt. and now hes running the whole country. there are alot of things he did that were good moves. but the president has a whole lot of advisors on subjects. so hes obviously got some good advisors and some bad ones. but personally i find him to be a babbling idiot. i can completely 100% honestly say that when i listen to him speak i feel stupider. how many times can you mispronounce one thing. how many times will he be unprepared. he father tried to have saddam killed 12 years ago in dessert storm. and since saddam put a bounty on his dads head he startegized first thing when he took office.and in the process lied straight faced to us all and has killed almost 900 of our own men. not that i dont believe we are threatened with terror attacks but i believe it is at the point now that when someone sneezes it is taken the wrong way. has anyone heard the stories that if there is a significant enough terror threat he has the power to postpone the elections. i dont think he has either the brains nor do i think this country would stand for it but still.
i think this will be an interesting thread i think its something we can all learn alot from eatch other with too.
Old 07-21-2004, 02:37 PM   #11
I liek gramer
Legacy

Well, how many times can you misspell something when you type it?

most prefitable companys, he father tried, in dessert storm, he startegized first thing

not to make you look stupid, I misspell too. Just a point that he may not be perfect, but neither or you and neither is anybody else.

He did not knowingly lie to us. Did you hear any of the reports recently about our intel and british intel before we went to war?

What you have heard about postponing elections will not happen. They were simply memos generated by an individual in charge of making sure that the election process goes off smoothly and simply mentioned the idea of postponing elections. The power to postpone an election would give the President unlimited power.

I think this could be an interesting thread with the chance to learn from each other too if we can keep from getting too heated over politics.
Old 07-21-2004, 02:40 PM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Quote:
Originally Posted by thirstymate
i think he does twist some things to look more severe then they actually are. BUT there are many many audio facts taken from washington post and other reliable sources that i think people should know. like did anyone know that before bush was the big man in texas he ran not 1 or 2 but 3 oil companys bankrupt. a freakin oil company. one of the most prefitable companys to be established and he ran three bankrupt. and now hes running the whole country. there are alot of things he did that were good moves. but the president has a whole lot of advisors on subjects. so hes obviously got some good advisors and some bad ones. but personally i find him to be a babbling idiot. i can completely 100% honestly say that when i listen to him speak i feel stupider. how many times can you mispronounce one thing. how many times will he be unprepared. he father tried to have saddam killed 12 years ago in dessert storm. and since saddam put a bounty on his dads head he startegized first thing when he took office.and in the process lied straight faced to us all and has killed almost 900 of our own men. not that i dont believe we are threatened with terror attacks but i believe it is at the point now that when someone sneezes it is taken the wrong way. has anyone heard the stories that if there is a significant enough terror threat he has the power to postpone the elections. i dont think he has either the brains nor do i think this country would stand for it but still.
I think this will be an interesting thread i think its something we can all learn alot from eatch other with too.
Wrong Oil companies had a tough time in the late 90's with cheap oil, No wars, loosing revenues, clintons closing 50% of our oil refineries (we use to refine all the oil coming to us now we dont) High cost of drilling. Why do you think Gas stations have turned into quickmarts. They make more money on Cigs and beer than Gas. No you only see the what appears to be big profits. Why do you think Gulf sold to Bp then BP bought Amoco.. Smaller oil companies are always being bought out. Bush ran a few small oil companies and in the 90's with cheap oil and closing of refineries most went bust.
Old 07-21-2004, 02:41 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Im a Bush supporter. If Clinton had of done a better job were would we be? Oh thats right he was busy doing other things more important
Jayber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 02:42 PM   #14
Regular

<-- Voting for Bush. If you want to now why please search through pretty much every political thread on this site.

Reddit
Old 07-21-2004, 03:01 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

that is true it was a tough time.. didnt think of it that way.
still find it hard to believe that having three different chances to financially keep three oil companies, small or not. and them being small would play a large factor i can understand that,from going under could be more difficult then balancing the economy. i guess it is a loose loose situation what one person has one person lacks. bush has no problem going to war with anyone who sneezes in our direction and it is possible that by him doing that he unknowingly stopped many more severe attacks on our country.

also about the typing i figured i misspelled something..and i KNEW it would bite me in the ***.. heh. but seriously the president has to give speeches all the time, it is his job to be the professional one. and i agree everyone should be givven a chance its just that it seems like everytime he stands up in front of a microphone hes making a fool of himself. maybe he needs a better rehersal coach.

and clinton had his own personal agenda. im democratic and i can even hate alot of things he did i believe it was syria that had captured bin ladin in the early 90's and alerted us that they had him in custody. they also said that we had a specific time table to have him brought to the US or they were simply going to deport him from syria. we knew about his terrorist ties and we didnt do a thing he was let go.
clinton did some good things our economy did turn around and the markets went up. we were at peace with the world for most of the time wether its because he was showing everyone a good time or not . who knows . you gotta do what you gotta do.
Old 07-21-2004, 04:34 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponycarman
I'm sorry, but when you parse the facts so severely that you make them say the opposite of the truth it ain't fact no more.

Moore is a lying idiot and those who believe his crap is the truth should not procreate.

Steve
dude why do you have to be so immature and says stuff like that
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 04:55 PM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to whipster24 Send a message via Yahoo to whipster24
Moore is a liar, his movies are not documentaries but political propaganda. He is a very good movie maker but he cuts and pastes things together to make them back up his argument. you should check out www.bowlingfortruth.com and several other sites that will be linked to that one sometime.

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
-Adolf Hitler, 1935
whipster24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 05:21 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to steedav6builder
I agree with ponycarman. Voting for Kerry would be a vote for flushing our country down the toilet. If you turn on the TV and watch C-span, not a biased news channel, and actually see John Kerry speak you will be apaulled. The man cannot even answer a question. He talks around all the issues in order to not look bad, but he comes off as having no opinion on anything at all. If on the other hand you watch Bush speak you will see that he has can back up everything he says and has done. He can also answer a question with something that makes sense! I was watching TV last night and a spokeswoman for John Kerry could not decide, if he had been president, whether he would have gone to war in Iraq or not. So in other words Michael Moore is bashing President Bush for going to war when the cantidate he backs is unsure what he would have done. Sounds like presidential material to me. Bush '04!
steedav6builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 05:37 PM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to dark Send a message via Yahoo to dark
you people are missing the point of the movie

it's MEANT to be onesided

that doesn't make ALL of the issues invalid
Old 07-21-2004, 05:41 PM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to whipster24 Send a message via Yahoo to whipster24
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark
you people are missing the point of the movie

it's MEANT to be onesided

that doesn't make ALL of the issues invalid
It can be as one sided as you want it to be, but it is still deceptive, especially when people portray it as a documentary.

do any fact checking on the movie and you will find that it is mostly invalid

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
-Adolf Hitler, 1935
whipster24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 05:56 PM   #21
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Indiana
Send a message via AIM to Fishers Stang
Hey I have little time to grip back and forth on a web page about this movie, I will Vote for Bush. if you really want to watch a documentary go pick up " 9/11" by Jules & Gedeon naudet. then we can talk about why we are at war and I lost people i knew in the WTC's. ok?
Old 07-21-2004, 05:57 PM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Indiana
Send a message via AIM to Fishers Stang
o and BTW all the film in the movie is frist hand, not cut together and made you think think about one side.
Old 07-21-2004, 07:44 PM   #23
Regular

Ok i lied I will respond to you because you actually give credit where it is due.

Quote:
that is true it was a tough time.. didnt think of it that way.
still find it hard to believe that having three different chances to financially keep three oil companies, small or not. and them being small would play a large factor i can understand that,from going under could be more difficult then balancing the economy. i guess it is a loose loose situation what one person has one person lacks.
Have you ever owned a business? Its not easy at all. Getting elected as President is easier than making a small business make money. My mom owned a travel agency busiess for a year and never made money. She had to shut it down eventually due to 9/11.

Quote:
bush has no problem going to war with anyone who sneezes in our direction and it is possible that by him doing that he unknowingly stopped many more severe attacks on our country.
Iraq "sneezeed" our way 13 years ago. They should have been dealt with then. Its not like Bush didnt give Sadaam chances. You can beat around the bush all you want but Sadaam was never going to let us talk to the scientists we wanted to. He was never going to let us into restricted zones. I mean you got to admit it he isnt going to do it.

Quote:
also about the typing i figured i misspelled something..and i KNEW it would bite me in the ***.. heh. but seriously the president has to give speeches all the time, it is his job to be the professional one. and i agree everyone should be givven a chance its just that it seems like everytime he stands up in front of a microphone hes making a fool of himself. maybe he needs a better rehersal coach.
He gets his point across doesnt he? Its no where near as bad as people make it out to be. Its the way he is. About making a fool of himself I would rather have someone that wasnt the best speaker in the world as a President as someone who commits adultery and lies under oath. I mean not voting for someone because they do not speak well is kinda well dumb?

Quote:
and clinton had his own personal agenda. im democratic and i can even hate alot of things he did i believe it was syria that had captured bin ladin in the early 90's and alerted us that they had him in custody. they also said that we had a specific time table to have him brought to the US or they were simply going to deport him from syria. we knew about his terrorist ties and we didnt do a thing he was let go.
Clinton Let Bin Laden Slip Away and Metastasize
Sudan offered up the terrorist and data on his network. The then-president and his advisors didn't respond.

By MANSOOR IJAZ
President Clinton and his national security team ignored several opportunities to capture Osama bin Laden and his terrorist associates, including one as late as last year.

I know because I negotiated more than one of the opportunities.

From 1996 to 1998, I opened unofficial channels between Sudan and the Clinton administration. I met with officials in both countries, including Clinton, U.S. National Security Advisor Samuel R. "Sandy" Berger and Sudan's president and intelligence chief. President Omar Hassan Ahmed Bashir, who wanted terrorism sanctions against Sudan lifted, offered the arrest and extradition of Bin Laden and detailed intelligence data about the global networks constructed by Egypt's Islamic Jihad, Iran's Hezbollah and the Palestinian Hamas.

Among those in the networks were the two hijackers who piloted commercial airliners into the World Trade Center.

The silence of the Clinton administration in responding to these offers was deafening.

As an American Muslim and a political supporter of Clinton, I feel now, as I argued with Clinton and Berger then, that their counter-terrorism policies fueled the rise of Bin Laden from an ordinary man to a Hydra-like monster.

Realizing the growing problem with Bin Laden, Bashir sent key intelligence officials to the U.S. in February 1996.

The Sudanese offered to arrest Bin Laden and extradite him to Saudi Arabia or, barring that, to "baby-sit" him--monitoring all his activities and associates.

But Saudi officials didn't want their home-grown terrorist back where he might plot to overthrow them.

In May 1996, the Sudanese capitulated to U.S. pressure and asked Bin Laden to leave, despite their feeling that he could be monitored better in Sudan than elsewhere.

Bin Laden left for Afghanistan, taking with him Ayman Zawahiri, considered by the U.S. to be the chief planner of the Sept. 11 attacks; Mamdouh Mahmud Salim, who traveled frequently to Germany to obtain electronic equipment for Al Qaeda; Wadih El-Hage, Bin Laden's personal secretary and roving emissary, now serving a life sentence in the U.S. for his role in the 1998 U.S. embassy bombings in Tanzania and Kenya; and Fazul Abdullah Mohammed and Saif Adel, also accused of carrying out the embassy attacks.

Some of these men are now among the FBI's 22 most-wanted terrorists.

The two men who allegedly piloted the planes into the twin towers, Mohamed Atta and Marwan Al-Shehhi, prayed in the same Hamburg mosque as did Salim and Mamoun Darkazanli, a Syrian trader who managed Salim's bank accounts and whose assets are frozen.

Important data on each had been compiled by the Sudanese.

But U.S. authorities repeatedly turned the data away, first in February 1996; then again that August, when at my suggestion Sudan's religious ideologue, Hassan Turabi, wrote directly to Clinton; then again in April 1997, when I persuaded Bashir to invite the FBI to come to Sudan and view the data; and finally in February 1998, when Sudan's intelligence chief, Gutbi al-Mahdi, wrote directly to the FBI.

Gutbi had shown me some of Sudan's data during a three-hour meeting in Khartoum in October 1996. When I returned to Washington, I told Berger and his specialist for East Africa, Susan Rice, about the data available. They said they'd get back to me. They never did. Neither did they respond when Bashir made the offer directly. I believe they never had any intention to engage Muslim countries--ally or not. Radical Islam, for the administration, was a convenient national security threat.

And that was not the end of it. In July 2000--three months before the deadly attack on the destroyer Cole in Yemen--I brought the White House another plausible offer to deal with Bin Laden, by then known to be involved in the embassy bombings. A senior counter-terrorism official from one of the United States' closest Arab allies--an ally whose name I am not free to divulge--approached me with the proposal after telling me he was fed up with the antics and arrogance of U.S. counter-terrorism officials.

The offer, which would have brought Bin Laden to the Arab country as the first step of an extradition process that would eventually deliver him to the U.S., required only that Clinton make a state visit there to personally request Bin Laden's extradition. But senior Clinton officials sabotaged the offer, letting it get caught up in internal politics within the ruling family--Clintonian diplomacy at its best.

Clinton's failure to grasp the opportunity to unravel increasingly organized extremists, coupled with Berger's assessments of their potential to directly threaten the U.S., represents one of the most serious foreign policy failures in American history.

Quote:
clinton did some good things our economy did turn around and the markets went up. we were at peace with the world for most of the time wether its because he was showing everyone a good time or not . who knows . you gotta do what you gotta do.
I dont understand how we were at peace? How are we at peace when we had over 10 terrorist attacks (1 on our soil) and others agianst our service man over seas. Sure we werent engaged in a war but we apparently should have been

Ever heard of Dot Com boom? Or the fact that the computer changed the way we lived. Clinton got lucky and was in the right place at the right time.

Reddit
Old 07-21-2004, 08:04 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

John Kerrys Wife

Teresa Heinz Kerry: Bag Lady for the Radical Left
By Ben Johnson
FrontPageMagazine.com | February 13, 2004

With Matt Drudge’s recent revelation that John Kerry is as faithful to his second wife as he was to his old Vietnam “brothers,” the senator’s presidential campaign may depend more than ever on the actions of his wife, Teresa Heinz Kerry. While the mainstream media has thus far overlooked the alleged infidelity, media outlets have also overlooked a far more important story: The former Mrs. John Heinz is also in bed – financially – with the radical Left.

Teresa Heinz Kerry has financed the secretive Tides Foundation to the tune of more than $4 million over the years. The Tides Foundation, a “charity” established in 1976 by antiwar leftist activist Drummond Pike, distributes millions of dollars in grants every year to political organizations advocating far-Left causes. The Tides Foundation and its closely allied Tides Center, which was spun off from the Foundation in 1996 but run by Drummond Pike, distributed nearly $66 million in grants in 2002 alone. In all, Tides has distributed more than $300 million for the Left. These funds went to rabid antiwar demonstrators, anti-trade demonstrators, domestic Islamist organizations, pro-terrorists legal groups, environmentalists, abortion partisans, extremist homosexual activists and open borders advocates.

During the years 1995-2001, the Howard Heinz Endowment, which Heinz Kerry chairs, gave Tides more than $4.3 million. The combined Heinz Endowments (composed of the Howard Heinz Endowment and the Vira I. Heinz Endowment) donated $1.6 million to establish the Tides Center for Western Pennsylvania, a Pittsburgh office of the San Francisco-based Tides Center. Since that time, the local branch has tirelessly pushed an anti-business agenda in the name of “preserving the environment.” However, it is the Tides Foundation’s national organization whose connections are most disconcerting.

The Tides Foundation is a major source of revenue for some of the most extreme groups on the Left. Tides allows donors to anonymously contribute money to a host of causes; the donor simply makes the check out to Tides and instructs the Foundation where to forward the money. Tides does so. The Tides Center will even manage a left-wing project, for a nominal fee. Drummond Pike told The Chronicle of Philanthropy, “Anonymity is very important to most of the people we work with.” That becomes understandable when one views the list of Tides grant recipients. And who are the beneficiaries of this money?

The Antiwar Movement

Senator John F. Kerry has gone far with his nuanced view of Operation Iraqi Freedom. He voted for the war resolution but specified a litany of conditions the Bush administration must meet before he would support combat, then proceeded to vote against funding troops already in harm’s way – then claimed he had always supported the president when Saddam Hussein was captured. The grant recipients of the Tides Foundation, to which Kerry’s wife has steered millions of dollars in “charitable” funds, understand no such nuance.

Tides established the Iraq Peace Fund and the Peace Strategies Fund to fund the antiwar movement. These projects fueled such hysterical protest organizations as MoveOn.org, the website that recently featured two separate commercials portraying George W. Bush as Adolf Hitler. (Howard Dean, not Kerry, won MoveOn.org’s “virtual primary.”)

The antiwar movement often boasted that MoveOn.org and the radical website Indymedia provided them “alternate media coverage.” Indymedia, an enormous news and events bulletin board with local pages in most of the world’s major cities, provided a vital link for radical activists often with violent agendas to coordinate their protests. Indymedia received $376,000 from the Tides Foundation.

The Institute for Global Communications is another leftist communications facilitator that received Tides grant money. IGC, which during the 1990s was the leading provider of web technology to the radical Left, links to “recommended sites” such as the War Resisters League (a group whose purpose is enabling peaceniks to refuse to pay taxes) and the leftist American Friends Service Committee. Most disturbing is the link to Ramsey Clark’s International Action Center, which has supported Slobodan Milosevic and North Korean strongman Kim Jong-Il. The IAC is the force behind International ANSWER, which sponsored the major antiwar (and anti-Bush) rallies before the invasion of Iraq. When ANSWER was outed as a Communist organization, United for Peace and Justice, headed by longtime Communist Party member Leslie Cagan was created as a "moderate" alternative. UFPJ is also a Tides grant recipient.The Tides-funded “A Better Way Project,” which opposed war in Iraq, also coordinated efforts of United for Peace and Justice and the Win Without War Coalition. The celebrity-laden Win Without War Coalition, along with the Bill Moyers-funded Florence and John Schumann Foundation, ran full-page ads in the New York Times opposing the War on Terrorism. This will not be the last overlapping of far-Left causes.

The Islamist Front

Immediately after 9/11, Tides formed a “9/11 Fund” to advocate a “peaceful national response” to the opening salvos of war. Part of the half-million dollars in grants the 9/11 Fund dispersed went to the New York Gay and Lesbian Anti-Violence Project to protect the rights of homosexual Arabs. The Foundation replaced the 9/11 Fund with the “Democratic Justice Fund,” which was established with the aid of George Soros’ Open Society Institute. (Currency speculator and pro-drug advocate Soros is, like Teresa Heinz Kerry, a major contributor to Tides, having donated more than $7 million.) The Democratic Justice Fund seeks to ease restrictions on Muslim immigration to the United States, particularly from countries designated by the State Department as “terrorist nations.”

Tides has also given grant money to the Council for American Islamic Relations. Ostensibly a “Muslim civil rights group,” CAIR is in fact one of the leading anti-anti-terrorism organizations within the Wahhabi Lobby, with links to Hamas. CAIR regularly opposes and demonizes American efforts to fight terrorism, claiming, for instance, that Homeland Security measures are responsible for an undocumented surge in “hate crimes.”

CAIR officials have reason to fight Bush’s anti-terrorism measures: all too many CAIR officials are on the record supporting terrorism. CAIR Executive Director Nihad Awad openly stated in 1994, “I am a supporter of the Hamas movement.” Community Affairs Director Bassem K. Khafagi has been arrested for visa and bank fraud. Randall Royer, a Communications Specialist and Civil Rights Coordinator at CAIR, was arrested along with a group of Islamic radicals in Virginia for allegedly planning jihad. CAIR has defended terrorist “charities” shut down by the Bush administration. Every few months some CAIR campus official is arrested for aiding and abetting terrorism.

The Legal Matrix

The Tides Foundation has funded a number of the pillars of the radical legal establishment. Chief among these is the National Lawyers Guild, which began as a Commnist front organization and is proud of its lineage. At its recent convention last October, the concluding speaker was Lynne Stewart, an indicted terrorist NLG lawyer arrested for helping her client – convicted 1993 World Trade Center bombing mastermind Sheikh Omar Abdel Rahman – communicate with his terrorist cells in Egypt. In her speech, Stewart said she and her NLG comrades were carrying on a proud tradition of their forebears, past and present:

And modern heroes, dare I mention? Ho and Mao and Lenin, Fidel and Nelson Mandela and John Brown, Che Guevara who reminds us, “At the risk of seeming ridiculous, let me say that the true revolutionary is guided by a great feeling of love.” Our quests like theirs are to shake the very foundations of the continents.

More recently, the NLG has endorsed the March 20 call to End Colonial Occupation from Iraq to Palestine & Everywhere” organized by International ANSWER, and has posted a petition for “Post-Conviction Relief” for convicted cop-killer Mumia Abu-Jamal.

Tides’ Peace Strategies Fund has funneled money to the Center for Constitutional Rights. The CCR was stablished by Sixties radical William Kunstler, defender of the Chicago 8, and Arthur Kinoy. The two also had plans to establish a new Communist Party. Executive Director Ron Daniels has been honored by the Communist Party USA for his work. Daniels also has a long and cordial relationship with racist, anti-Semitic “poet laureate” Amiri Baraka. Since 9/11, CCR has channeled its efforts into fighting every effective Homeland Security measure. They have opposed increasing the government’s ability to wiretap Islamists suspected of plotting terrorism and moaned the sequestering of terrorist detainees at Guantanamo Bay was an unexcusable form of “racial profiling.” CCR President Michael Ratner has portrayed American soldiers as the offenders, guilty of 9/11 by their Middle East policy and guilty of keeping Islamist killers “shackled, hooded and sedated during the 25 hour flight from Afghanistan.” CCR has also defended Lynne Stewart’s “innocence” in aiding Sheikh Rahman’s Islamic Jihad.

Tides also funds the Alliance for Justice, a group dedicated to stopping Bush judicial appointees (a cause John Kerry can agree wholeheartedly endorse). Other Tides grants have gone to the Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights and the Asian Law Caucus.

Environmental Extremism

The Tides Foundation has funded the Ruckus Society, a group of anarchist Greens who rioted and looted Seattle during the 1999 World Trade Organization riots. The Tides Center of Western Pennsylvania, established in Pittsburgh with Heinz Family funds, advocates for environmentalist measures that have helped put holes in the Rust Belt’s economy.

Tides money has also squashed free speech. Thanks to complaints generated by the Tides-funded Environmental Working Group, ABC cancelled a John Stossel piece exposing the misleading nature of environmental advocacy in public elementary schools.

Greenpeace is a well-known Tides grant recipient. Greenpeace is best known for its illegal actions, endangering humans in order to make a point about the environment. Tides gave Greenpeace a quarter of a million dollars over ten years.

Lest one think only Tides’ money is going to radicals, not funds directly controlled by Teresa Heinz Kerry, remember that Heinz money has repeatedly found its way to the Earth Island Institute. On September 14, 2001, the Institute’s website bore the headline “U.S. Responds to Terrorist Attacks with Self-Righteous Arrogance.”

Heinz family philanthropic funds have also had some dubious effects on the presidential race. The League of Conservation Voters has recently endorsed John Kerry’s presidential campaign. The Heinz Family Foundation gave LCV at least $20,000 and donated almost $250,000 to a member of the LCV board.

Perhaps this circular rotation of cash and endorsements should not surprise anyone. The grant-making institutions of the Left and their feverish recipients ultimately form an amorphous, leftist entity. One never needs to search very far to find connections between a leftist foundation and extreme advocacy groups. Teresa Heinz Kerry, George Soros, Bill Moyers and the Ford Foundation fund the Tides Foundation/Center; Tides funds the National Lawyers Guild, CAIR, MoveOn.org and United for Peace and Justice; those organizations then unite in fluid coalitions to protest against their common political enemies (Republicans). Ultimately, their representatives end up on Bill Moyers' PBS programs or active within the Democratic campaigns of their fundraisers. Between now and the election, these organizations will run constant interference for the Democratic presidential nominee (presumably Kerry himself): they will march en masse against the Bush administration again and again; they will file more lawsuits against the administration's Homeland Security measures, decry any effective response to terrorism, claim the United States is guilty of slaughtering Iraqi civilians and petition leftist judges to open America's borders to Islamist terrorists. After they help his election, President Kerry will be indebted to them. And then they will insist he begin implementing their political agenda.

Moreover, they will have a close ally in the East Wing of the White House, an ally more intimately tied to them than she is to her (second) husband. (She only adopted his last name and political party registration less than 18 months ago. “Politically, it's going to be Heinz Kerry,” she recently said. “But I don't give a sh-t, you know?”) Teresa Heinz Kerry will play a potent role in saving her second husband’s presidential campaign now – as Hillary Clinton did in 1992, and again during her husband’s impeachment. Like Hillary, in return for her service, Heinz may demand a place at the table for her pet causes. Caveat emptor.
sctalbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 08:06 PM   #25

Quote:
i when i listen to him speak i feel stupider.
Those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
tippie2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 08:07 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

More Facts about Debate

Learn these facts to properly debate
our poor misguided friends &
family before election time !!!

There were 39 combat related killings
in Iraq during the month of January.....
In the fair city of Detroit there were
35 murders in the month of January.

That's just one American city,
about as deadly as the entire war torn country of Iraq.

When some claim President Bush shouldn't
have started this war, state the following ...

FDR...
led us into World War II.
Germany never attacked us: Japan did.
From 1941-1945, 450,000 lives were lost,
an average of 112,500 per year.

Truman...
finished that war and started one in Korea,
North Ko r ea never attacked us.
From 1950-1953, 55,000 lives were lost,
an average of 18,334 per year.

John F. Kennedy...
started the Vietnam conflict in 1962.
Vietnam never attacked us.

Johnson...
turned Vietnam into a quagmire.
From 1965-1975, 58,000 lives were lost,
an average of 5,800 per year.

Clinton...
went to war in Bosnia without UN or French consent,
Bosnia never attacked us.
He was offered Osama bin Laden's head on a platter
three times by Sudan and did nothing.
Osama has attacked us on multiple occasions.

In the two years since terrorists attacked us
President Bush has ...
liberated two countries,
crushed the Taliban,
crippled al-Qaida,
put nuclea r inspectors in Libya,
Iran and North Korea
without firing a shot,
and captured a terrorist who slaughtered
300,000 of his own people.

The Democrats are complaining
about how long the war is taking, but...
It took less time to take Iraq
than it took Janet Reno to take the
Branch Davidian compound.
That was a 51 day operation.

We've been looking for evidence of
chemical weapons in Iraq for less
time than it took Hillary Clinton to
find the Rose Law Firm billing records.

It took less time for the 3rd Infantry Division
and the Marines to destroy the Medina
Republican Guard than it took Ted Kennedy to
call the police after his Oldsmobile
sank at Chappaquiddick.

It took less tim e to take Iraq than it took
to count the votes in Florida!!!!

Our Commander-In-Chief is doing a GREAT JOB!
The Military moral is high!

The elite media hopes we are too ignorant to realize the facts.
sctalbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 08:40 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to BrooksPS
Hey guys, been awhile since I've posted kinda been under the weather a little. was supposed to ship for port security school and went into the hospital with a bad case of mono...

anyway for those of you who want a free copy of the video go here (you need bit torrent) http://67.19.19.67/index.php/weblog/steal_this_movie/

I havn't watched it yet but I have downloaded it... I havn't figured out how to unzip it or whatever the hell has been done to it but I'm sure some of you computer nuts can.
http://www.mustangmods.com/data/8448/v6stangscom.jpg--2000 3.8L Lazer Red 5spd---Performance- Nitrous Express 75 Wet Shot, MAC Cold Air, Borla Dual Exhaust, ASP Underdrive Pulley, Jacobs Ignition/Wires, Steeda Tri-Ax shifter. *FMS Aluminum D/S*-Appearence- Razzi Full Body Kit, American Racing Rims.-Times--N/A-15.1@93mph--75Shot-14.2@101 - awful 60' times
BrooksPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 08:42 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to BrooksPS
well if that doesnt work go to www.suprnova.org and go in the movies section, its up there as well..
http://www.mustangmods.com/data/8448/v6stangscom.jpg--2000 3.8L Lazer Red 5spd---Performance- Nitrous Express 75 Wet Shot, MAC Cold Air, Borla Dual Exhaust, ASP Underdrive Pulley, Jacobs Ignition/Wires, Steeda Tri-Ax shifter. *FMS Aluminum D/S*-Appearence- Razzi Full Body Kit, American Racing Rims.-Times--N/A-15.1@93mph--75Shot-14.2@101 - awful 60' times
BrooksPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 09:52 PM   #29
I liek gramer
Legacy

I bet 75% of the people don't read the long posts. And still make comments.

I was looking for that email earlier today sctalbot. I couldn't find it, but you did.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar