BUSH: The Missing Years - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-28-2004, 10:37 AM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to V6STANG007 Send a message via Yahoo to V6STANG007
BUSH: The Missing Years

http://us.gq.com/features/general/ar...feco_02?page=1

what do u guys think of this article from GQ mag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
OK you are right!!! Maybe I am the Old Crazy One
V6STANG007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2004, 10:49 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by GQ
Bush supervised the construction personally, often arriving as early as 8:30 A.M. and staying on the job as late as 3 P.M
Quote:
Originally Posted by GQ
Thanks to fortuitous weather and the country's plentiful labor, the Beijing headquarters of Amberson's Magnificence Co. was finished in just two and a half days.
That's just too ridiculous.
Laser02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 10:54 AM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
"Was Bush Deep Throat?" asked one former FBI agent. "No one knows for sure besides Woodward and Bernstein. He certainly had access to sensitive information. But he was in and out of the country so much that year. It would have been awfully hard—but not impossible."
I personally like this part

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2004, 11:22 AM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
As a person who works with Spooks (intell people) You just never know. Most will never tell. I worked with a special air unit that would open a Box with decals in it and stick them over the planes numbers and with a little paint could make the aircraft be from any country, Airforce or Airline and fly right into enemy territory.
Old 07-28-2004, 11:44 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I think if you sit down and look at the timeline given you'd think the date was April first.

Seems way too much stuff packed into a very short time. It's not like thye missions were snatch and grabs or assasinations. Heck, the supposed Warhol mission would take a few months, or the tour witht he Stones, or any of them really.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvr2000stang
Holy crap he's right.
Ponycarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 11:56 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to tire
good read!
tire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 12:13 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: North Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Rick0636 Send a message via Yahoo to Rick0636
Its a really secret organization if it existed I would say! But its certainly possible, I wouldn't doubt it for a minute. I am a former Air Force Member and I am sure things went on that not everyone knows about.
Rick Kilpatrick, AAS Automotive Systems Tech, Alamance Community College, Class of 99. 06 5 speed manual Mustang with Pony pkg : GT Mac Mufflers, true duals with one custom pipe. 2.5" system. GT bumper cover, all installed March 7&8 2006. AFE Stage 1 CAI, Motoblue Underdrive pulley, GT aluminum shifter knob, honeycomb rear blackout panel,and dash kit installed. Roush hood scoop and side window louvers installed. SS taillight trim has been installed, new alum. GT steering wheel installed.
Rick0636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 12:47 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponycarman
I think if you sit down and look at the timeline given you'd think the date was April first.
Quote:

Seems way too much stuff packed into a very short time. It's not like thye missions were snatch and grabs or assasinations. Heck, the supposed Warhol mission would take a few months, or the tour witht he Stones, or any of them really.

Steve

That's what i thought but GQ prints it as if it was all true. It makes Bush look like a super spy. If it is true how come nothing has come up before.

Quote:
Old 07-28-2004, 12:54 PM   #9
Road Trip!

Send a message via AIM to MusclesFromBrussels
Bush is an alien
MusclesFromBrussels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 01:15 PM   #10
I liek gramer
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
sounds like a big joke. like something you would read in the onion.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 01:33 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6STANG007

That's what i thought but GQ prints it as if it was all true. It makes Bush look like a super spy. If it is true how come nothing has come up before.
During the Cold War we were up to a lot of stuff nobody knows about. we had agents infiltrate all sorts of groups, agencies, Countries, corporations and organizations. You will not hear much about this from Bush because he has sworn a oath of secrecy. He is not going to say anything because he is a man of principle and to do so would be treason.
Old 07-28-2004, 01:52 PM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
During the Cold War we were up to a lot of stuff nobody knows about. we had agents infiltrate all sorts of groups, agencies, Countries, corporations and organizations. You will not hear much about this from Bush because he has sworn a oath of secrecy. He is not going to say anything because he is a man of principle and to do so would be treason.
Yes I get that, but how come GQ was able to figure this out and no one has ever come up with any of this info before. If GQ was able to. Im sure others could've. Besides doesn't this seem like a big joke to you? I mean, he recruited his college buddy "PINKY" for a mission in vietam? and he was the getaway driver in watergate? please

Quote:
Old 07-28-2004, 02:10 PM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Well yes it does seem strange I must admit but it is entertaining to say the least. If it really happened it wont be discussed of it was fake we will learn about it soon on the internet. Someone will speak out just dont expect any of the major players in Government to even mention it either way.
Old 07-28-2004, 02:14 PM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Yes it was entertaining, that is why I shared with u guys.

Quote:
Old 07-28-2004, 02:48 PM   #15
I liek gramer
Legacy

I'm almost positive that it was a joke. I mean, who would send secret letters asking about what happened to their underpants?

There's just too much stuff in their that could only be for comedic intent.
Old 07-28-2004, 02:56 PM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteStang99
I'm almost positive that it was a joke. I mean, who would send secret letters asking about what happened to their underpants?

There's just too much stuff in their that could only be for comedic intent.
But remember the old saying "Truth is stranger than fiction" In the intell world everything is a bit odd to begin with!!!

Underpants could be a code name or he might have been in the jungle with no clean spare pair.
Old 07-28-2004, 03:10 PM   #17
I liek gramer
Legacy

lol. You are correct about truth = stranger than fiction.

guess that's why i'm ALMOST positive. Only fools are positive...
Old 07-28-2004, 07:29 PM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Tennessee
Send a message via AIM to dark Send a message via Yahoo to dark
^are you sure?

:pnoid:
Old 07-29-2004, 12:01 AM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

Remember the one about the banana in the VC's tail pipe? I remember a kid jammed an apple or something in the school bus tail pipe once, the bus back fired and that thing fired out of there like a cannon ball, lol.
Rick Kilpatrick, AAS Automotive Systems Tech, Alamance Community College, Class of 99. 06 5 speed manual Mustang with Pony pkg : GT Mac Mufflers, true duals with one custom pipe. 2.5" system. GT bumper cover, all installed March 7&8 2006. AFE Stage 1 CAI, Motoblue Underdrive pulley, GT aluminum shifter knob, honeycomb rear blackout panel,and dash kit installed. Roush hood scoop and side window louvers installed. SS taillight trim has been installed, new alum. GT steering wheel installed.
Old 07-29-2004, 06:04 AM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy

I remember a time when US intelligence operatives took picturs of Viet Cong officers and took them to labs and doctored the pictures so it looked like they were engaging in Gay Sex and then distributed them to agents who mailed them to Viet Cong superiors. There were indications it worked with some of the officers being shot or committing Suicide.

Intell works hard to create confusion and disinformation.
Old 08-11-2004, 12:02 PM   #21
Legacy Member
Legacy

This is so good, I think its worth bringing it up again, LOL.
Old 08-11-2004, 12:26 PM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
ok, who seriously writes this stuff? Even the author's name "Jason Gay'' is funny. I'm sorry, I've heard the man talk, and Bush isn't smart enough to have done all this... I doubt his friend Pinky is either. And the Vietcong quit the war because of a banana in the tailpipe? Seriously.... and he's Deep Throat too? I wonder how GQ got the story if this is a SECRET organization, which would have top secret notes... especially about when Bush's superiors couldn't even know where he was.... but GQ knows.... I smell a big 'ol pile of bull****

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 12:33 PM   #23
Regular

Quote:
and Bush isn't smart enough to have done all this..
Why do you say this? because god forbid he doesnt say Nuclear right? Good grief.

I dont believe the story either but I seriosuly dont see how you can say someone that graduated from Harvard with a Master of Business Administration is not smart.

btw if you could please respond to everything I wrote in the other thread i would appreciate it

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 01:41 PM   #24
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner
And the Vietcong quit the war because of a banana in the tailpipe? Seriously.... and he's Deep Throat too?
Do you know anything about the Vietnam war. How old are you?????

The Vietcong did not quit the war. They took over the South as soon as we pulled out. Please read more about world history before you lose all credibility and stick a banana up your own tailpipe !!!!!
Old 08-11-2004, 02:34 PM   #25

Send a message via MSN to trinity Send a message via Yahoo to trinity
That GQ article was hilarious! I just keep trying to imagine GW as some kind of James Bond spy and I just keep crackin up! That is almost as funny as trying to imagine him as President.... 2:
trinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 04:01 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity
That is almost as funny as trying to imagine him as President.... 2:
Which is almost as funny as imagining you with two Ivy League degrees.

Isn't it funny the morons that call Bush stupid seem to forget he's got two degrees from two different Ivy League schools. One from Yale, one from Harvard, and no they are in "liberal arts" either, they are real degrees.

As a famous propaganda minister once said, to paraphrase it, if you say a lie long enough the truely stupid will believe it.

Steve

Quote:
Holy crap he's right.
Old 08-11-2004, 04:02 PM   #27
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Falcon Send a message via MSN to Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon
Quote:

Isn't it funny the morons that call Bush stupid seem to forget he's got two degrees from two different Ivy League schools. One from Yale, one from Harvard, and no they are in "liberal arts" either, they are real degrees.

As a famous propaganda minister once said, to paraphrase it, if you say a lie long enough the truely stupid will believe it.

Steve
dang your good thats quote material right there
Full Stainless Magnaflow Exhaust, Stainless Longtubes/Off Road Y-Pipe, QTP E-Cutout, HP Tuners, Super Sucker Ram Air Kit, BMR Tunnel Brace/Driveshaft Safety Loop, Hotchkis Panhard Bar, Hypertech 160 Thermostat, CF Whisper Air Lid, Corvette FRCs, K&N, !AIR, !EGR
Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 04:06 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Dang your quick.

Quote:
Holy crap he's right.
Old 08-11-2004, 04:07 PM   #29
Regular

Dang......

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 04:07 PM   #30
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Falcon Send a message via MSN to Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon
Full Stainless Magnaflow Exhaust, Stainless Longtubes/Off Road Y-Pipe, QTP E-Cutout, HP Tuners, Super Sucker Ram Air Kit, BMR Tunnel Brace/Driveshaft Safety Loop, Hotchkis Panhard Bar, Hypertech 160 Thermostat, CF Whisper Air Lid, Corvette FRCs, K&N, !AIR, !EGR
Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 08:59 AM   #31

Quote:

Actually, the ironic and funny thing is that I do have two degrees... And it was a joke dude... calm down. Damn.

Besides you can't tell me that Bush always appears as the brightest bulb in the box, you know. And although he went to Ivy League schools, he was only let in because his father went there. And by all accounts he was less than a C student but they squeeked him by.
Old 08-12-2004, 09:31 AM   #32
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity
Actually, the ironic and funny thing is that I do have two degrees... And it was a joke dude... calm down. Damn.

Besides you can't tell me that Bush always appears as the brightest bulb in the box, you know. And although he went to Ivy League schools, he was only let in because his father went there. And by all accounts he was less than a C student but they squeeked him by.
So you judge a Person by his looks HUMMM pretty shallow. Most of the people who get into Ive League schools get in because their parents went there. That is the case at all Universities. Alumni have great pull so why should it be different for GW. And you know what kind of student he was???? WOW

Interesting thing about looks is Stephen Hawking is considered one of the smartest people alive but you would not be able to tell it by his picture or the fact he cant speak or walk and is Wheelchair bound. So looks dont mean squat and just shows how shallow most people are.
Old 08-12-2004, 09:44 AM   #33
I liek gramer
Legacy

Quote:
Interesting thing about looks is Stephen Hawking is considered one of the smartest people alive but you would not be able to tell it by his picture or the fact he cant speak or walk and is Wheelchair bound. So looks dont mean squat and just show how shallow most people are.
AMEN!
Old 08-12-2004, 09:55 AM   #34
Legacy Member
Legacy

Another interesting fact is in the 92 and 96 Presidental election polls were taken about women voters and 41% voted on the best looking candidate. HUMMM!!! So much for the best person for the job!!!!!!!! We got slick willey
Old 08-12-2004, 10:14 AM   #35

Quote:
So you judge a Person by his looks HUMMM pretty shallow.
No actually, I am not shallow. I am judging him by what comes out of his mouth:

"I'm the master of low expectations." —George W. Bush, aboard Air Force One, June 4, 2003

"They misunderestimated me." —George W. Bush, Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000

"If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier — so long as I'm the dictator." —George W. Bush, Dec. 19, 2000

"The legislature's job is to write law. It's the executive branch's job to interpret law." —George W. Bush, Austin, Texas, Nov. 22, 2000

"They have miscalculated me as a leader." —George W. Bush, Westminster, Calif., Sept. 13, 2000

"The problem with the French is that they don't have a word for entrepreneur." —George W. Bush, discussing the decline of the French economy with British Prime Minister Tony Blair

"It's clearly a budget. It's got a lot of numbers in it." —George W. Bush, Reuters, May 5, 2000

"I'm the commander — see, I don't need to explain — I do not need to explain why I say things. That's the interesting thing about being president." —George W. Bush, as quoted in Bob Woodward's "Bush at War"

"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again." —George W. Bush, Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002

Sorry if I expect our President to communicate like he has an Ivy League education. That is what every person should expect from a person in the highest office of our country.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar