Specialty Car Insurance - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-28-2004, 12:48 PM   #1

Specialty Car Insurance

Anyone have separate coverage for their Mustang through a specialty car insurance company? I'm talking antique/collectible/sports car type of companies that deal with collector cars that might insure a 94 Gt convert?
getgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2004, 06:16 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to LuvMyGT
Quote:
Originally Posted by getgo
Anyone have separate coverage for their Mustang through a specialty car insurance company? I'm talking antique/collectible/sports car type of companies that deal with collector cars that might insure a 94 Gt convert?
Well, a 94 doesn't really qualify as a classic yet. I'm not sure what you're asking. Why do you want to know?
LuvMyGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 07:12 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64
just go pick up car craft or another "classic car mag" or watch speed channel, they have advertisements all the time for specialty car insurance. but why do you want to get special insurance for a 94?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2004, 07:40 PM   #4

Well, it's complicated, but I will try to condense.

Just got my stang about two weeks ago. Previous to that the wife and I both have separate vehicles with each of us insured as the primary.

Now it gets complicated, when I added the stang, all was well til daughter # 1 just got her license, they want to make her the primary driver of one of the vehicles and I say woah!!! She is an occasional driver and is not the primary driver of any of our cars ESPECIALLY the stang. I am the only driver of the toy.

They say it does't matter, if we have three cars and three licensed drivers, we will all be the primary of one vehicle. I'm hot!!

I tell em' the stang is like a motorcycle, sunny weekend days only, pleasure driven by me only! They don't care.

I say, Ok, cancel the stang, now I only have two cars, daughter is an occasional driver now. They are mad and I don't care. I have found an insurance co. in CA. that will insure the stang with me and the wife as the only drivers (wife won't drive it anyway) so all is well.

It all boils down to dollars and cents. With daughter on as an occasional it is $20 additional per month. With her as a primary it is an additional $55 per month!! Do the math, that is $420.00 per year!!! Stupid insurance co.

Where there is a will, there is a way. The cool part is, the new co. for the stang allows comp only during the winter nap which = 6 months around here and will carry comp for 27.00 for six months, My other required me to carry full year round, no storage only. Stupid insurance company..
getgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 10:38 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to LuvMyGT
Quote:
Originally Posted by getgo
Well, it's complicated, but I will try to condense.

Just got my stang about two weeks ago. Previous to that the wife and I both have separate vehicles with each of us insured as the primary.

Now it gets complicated, when I added the stang, all was well til daughter # 1 just got her license, they want to make her the primary driver of one of the vehicles and I say woah!!! She is an occasional driver and is not the primary driver of any of our cars ESPECIALLY the stang. I am the only driver of the toy.

They say it does't matter, if we have three cars and three licensed drivers, we will all be the primary of one vehicle. I'm hot!!

I tell em' the stang is like a motorcycle, sunny weekend days only, pleasure driven by me only! They don't care.

I say, Ok, cancel the stang, now I only have two cars, daughter is an occasional driver now. They are mad and I don't care. I have found an insurance co. in CA. that will insure the stang with me and the wife as the only drivers (wife won't drive it anyway) so all is well.

It all boils down to dollars and cents. With daughter on as an occasional it is $20 additional per month. With her as a primary it is an additional $55 per month!! Do the math, that is $420.00 per year!!! Stupid insurance co.

Where there is a will, there is a way. The cool part is, the new co. for the stang allows comp only during the winter nap which = 6 months around here and will carry comp for 27.00 for six months, My other required me to carry full year round, no storage only. Stupid insurance company..
Okay, I understand now. The first thing I would suggest for you to to do if you haven't already, is to check out other insurance companies in your area and consider switching your entire family's policy over to a friendlier insurance firm. You may be able to find one that will accommodate your needs and maybe at a lower price than you're paying now. Aside from that, your idea is the way to go. Be sure to read their fine print very carefully though, some classic car insurers have ridiculous rules for their policy holders, such as not allowing the car to be driven at certain times. Anyway, good luck with it!
LuvMyGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 11:00 AM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to whipster24 Send a message via Yahoo to whipster24
Yep, look at other companies. I'm sure ya will find one that isn't a complete jerk to ya

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
-Adolf Hitler, 1935
whipster24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 11:09 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Insurance companies are PITA.

When my daughter moved out, got married and got her own car and insurance I called up Allstate to remove her from my policy. They told me I couldn't till she was 21. Unless I signed an exclusion form which would not allow her to drive any of my vehicles at all, ever. My son in law could drive them though. Which I figure the odds of either of them borrowing one of my cars is about the same. Even when I moved 200 miles away from her I still couldn't get her off my policy, so I dropped Allstate and let them know why. My new insurance comapny wanted to know why I wasn't keeping my daughter on my policy when I went with them and I told them the deal, they said "oh, ok, no problem".

Find another insurance company, vote with your dollars.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvr2000stang
Holy crap he's right.
Ponycarman is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar