Who would you rather have running the country? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-09-2004, 10:14 AM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64
Who would you rather have running the country?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2004, 11:14 AM   #2
Regular

Region: Tennessee
lol

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 11:18 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to LuvMyGT
I bet that was the first time Kerry had even seen a football. He's really scared of it.
LuvMyGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2004, 11:55 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Send a message via AIM to Hoover
Not that I am basing my decision on a photo of which two looks better with a football. I like Bush, he's an everyday average guy like me. He may not always say the smartest things, but you know I could go sit and have a beer with him and feel comfortable, like he was just a friend. Not with Kerry, he looks like that crazy guy next door who might be a registered sex offender, at least in my opinoin.
Hoover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 12:01 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Send a message via MSN to Warfire80
go george, u got my vote...

Quote:
by Lawrence Bell
Show me a man who cannot bother to do little things and I'll show you a man who cannot be trusted to do big things
Warfire80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 12:30 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoover
I like Bush, he's an everyday average guy like me.
An everyday, average multi-millionare?

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 12:33 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to whipster24 Send a message via Yahoo to whipster24
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkuzLS1
An everyday, average multi-millionare?
Kerry has a lot more money then Bush does.

The big thing with likeability is that GW puts of a more down home sort of vibe while Kerry comes off as an elitist

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
-Adolf Hitler, 1935
whipster24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 12:35 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

well except the multi-millionare part. Still down to earth guy though.
Old 08-09-2004, 12:50 PM   #9
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
I wonder what in the hell Kerry was actually doing in that photo?
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 12:59 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Falcon Send a message via MSN to Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon
kerrys acctually more into sports and stuff than bush seems to be dont get me wrong bush is the man i would never in my wildest dreams vote for kerry but ive seen pics of him doin like wakeboarding and kiteboarding which i know g dub probably hasnt done.
Full Stainless Magnaflow Exhaust, Stainless Longtubes/Off Road Y-Pipe, QTP E-Cutout, HP Tuners, Super Sucker Ram Air Kit, BMR Tunnel Brace/Driveshaft Safety Loop, Hotchkis Panhard Bar, Hypertech 160 Thermostat, CF Whisper Air Lid, Corvette FRCs, K&N, !AIR, !EGR
Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 01:01 PM   #11

Send a message via MSN to trinity Send a message via Yahoo to trinity
He was laughing actually, and I would be laughing too if that was me catching a football like that. I could die now knowing that I can catch a football better than one other person on this earth.
trinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 01:09 PM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipster24
The big thing with likeability is that GW puts of a more down home sort of vibe
I don't really get that from either one of them. I think I'm in the minority, though.

I like turtles.
Old 08-09-2004, 02:01 PM   #13
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon
kerrys acctually more into sports and stuff than bush seems to be dont get me wrong bush is the man i would never in my wildest dreams vote for kerry but ive seen pics of him doin like wakeboarding and kiteboarding which i know g dub probably hasnt done.
George Bush loves sports so I dunno what your talking about

He owned the Texas Rangers for awhile

Reddit
Old 08-09-2004, 03:53 PM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
we should all make a decision from that picture.

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 04:01 PM   #15
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph
we should all make a decision from that picture.
Bush Wins! lol

Reddit
Old 08-09-2004, 04:08 PM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Bush Wins! lol
We loose! [ducks]

I like turtles.
Old 08-09-2004, 04:15 PM   #17
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkuzLS1
We loose! [ducks]
:shakeshead:

Reddit
Old 08-09-2004, 04:46 PM   #18

Send a message via AIM to 01mineralgrey6
I broke a nail!!
Old 08-09-2004, 04:56 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

What Kerry Really knows about Sports!!

UnsportSmanlike
Kerry fumbles sports references
JOHN KERRY'S efforts to portray himself as a regular guy by tossing out casual sports references are flopping harder than Dick Fosbury.

By now you probably have heard of Kerry's gaffe last month .when he said he loved the Red Sox player Manny Ortiz, who does not exist. ESPN's Peter Gammons related afterwards that Kerry had once proclaimed his favorite Red Sox player of all time to be Eddie Yost. Yost played for the Washington Senators (how appropriate), never for the Red Sox, though he was a coach for the Sox in the late 1970s and early '80s.

By the way, there is a real Manny Ortiz. He is listed on official campaign documents as having donated between $50,000 and $100,000 to the Kerry campaign. No wonder Kerry loves him.

The American Spectator reported this week that while in Michigan, Kerry proclaimed, "I just go for Buckeye foot

ball; that's where I'm coming from." He had just come from campaigning in Ohio, the Buckeye State and home of Michigan's arch enemy in sports. The crowd gave Kerry a great booing.

That Kerry knows little about sports should in no way disqualify him from the White House. It should not even be an issue. It only came up because Kerry has desperately tried ‑ and failed ‑ to pass himself off as a , knowledgeable sports fan.

Why not just refrain from the sports references? Apparently Kerry feels the need to ingratiate himself to voters by disingenuously professing affection for things in which he actually has little interest. Such behavior is the hallmark of a bad, or at least an underconfident, politician. Candidates who believe in their messages have little reason to adopt phony personas.

The Union Leader Aug. 5, 2004
sctalbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 05:21 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

what i have come to realize is that, it really does depend on the state. because alot of people on here are from republican states and therefore have republican news stations. i am from a democratic state and have mostly democratic news stations. its really too bad that the media has that much of an effect on who is elected. the only place to get truthful information about either canadate is from their actual brain because half the things either one of them say is 50% crap simply to get peoples vote. anyone know of a completely unbiased news/website that states alot of the major issues. i dont trust alot of the crap being publicised today about either one.
This is America, where every vote counts, unless it's a vote for a Democrat.
thirstymate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 05:48 PM   #21
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri
Quote:
:shakeshead:
dammit brent theres a smiley for this!!!! back in the days that i had important duties i added it.

:no:

sad sad poor pathetic lil brent :no:

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 05:58 PM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy

Kerry is trying TOO hard to relate to the average joe, it's sorta blowing up in his face.. or a football..in the face.....

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 06:43 PM   #23
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Falcon Send a message via MSN to Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon
Quote:
George Bush loves sports so I dunno what your talking about

He owned the Texas Rangers for awhile
i didnt say he didnt like them i meant he didnt participate in many extreme ones as far as I can tell
Full Stainless Magnaflow Exhaust, Stainless Longtubes/Off Road Y-Pipe, QTP E-Cutout, HP Tuners, Super Sucker Ram Air Kit, BMR Tunnel Brace/Driveshaft Safety Loop, Hotchkis Panhard Bar, Hypertech 160 Thermostat, CF Whisper Air Lid, Corvette FRCs, K&N, !AIR, !EGR
Old 08-09-2004, 06:56 PM   #24
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirstymate
what i have come to realize is that, it really does depend on the state. because alot of people on here are from republican states and therefore have republican news stations. i am from a democratic state and have mostly democratic news stations. its really too bad that the media has that much of an effect on who is elected. the only place to get truthful information about either canadate is from their actual brain because half the things either one of them say is 50% crap simply to get peoples vote. anyone know of a completely unbiased news/website that states alot of the major issues. i dont trust alot of the crap being publicised today about either one.
Foxnews tries to balance things. They report the news no matter who is involved and let the people make up their mind. I mean they arent perfect but compare them to cnn... msnbc is alright as well

Reddit
Old 08-09-2004, 08:41 PM   #25
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Indiana
Send a message via AIM to Fishers Stang
Bush all the way..
Old 08-09-2004, 09:19 PM   #26

i heard on the radio that somewhere kerry said he likes to go deer hunting with a 12 gauge and crawl around on the ground or something insanely stupid like that. he needs to stop being so gay
jugador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 09:31 PM   #27
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jugador
i heard on the radio that somewhere kerry said he likes to go deer hunting with a 12 gauge and crawl around on the ground or something insanely stupid like that. he needs to stop being so gay
yea id liek to see his rich *** crawl on the ground, hes just tryin to get hunters votes i bet he doesnt know how to load a 12 guage let alone shoot one without jackin his shoulder up lol
Old 08-09-2004, 09:37 PM   #28
Regular

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,128462,00.html

A example of how the media twists things to make it seem like another

John Kerry's former commanding officer George Elliott, who joined a number of Vietnam swift boat veterans in criticizing Kerry's war record in a new campaign ad, was quoted in the Boston Globe as saying that his accusation that Kerry "has not been honest about what happened in Vietnam" was a mistake.

But later today, Elliot released an affidavit saying he was misquoted by the Globe and reaffirming his belief that Kerry has not been honest about what happened back then. Elliot had recommended Kerry for a Silver Star during the war ... but reaffirmed today that he didn't know all the facts ... and would never would have made the recommendation had he known Kerry only pursued and killed one wounded, fleeing enemy soldier.

Elliott told the Boston Globe that criticizing Kerry now, after recommending him for medals in 1969 and supporting him as recently as 1996, "makes me look kind of silly, to be perfectly honest." But he says he sided with Kerry's critics because he can't believe they would all lie in concert, adding that he, "absolutely does not know first hand" what happened.

Reddit
Old 08-10-2004, 01:44 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Send a message via AIM to tealstangman
Im not voting for bush or kerry. They always say how there for the working class and all this bs when in reality they've never worked a day in their lives and have had everthing handed to them.:yup:
Show:18x10 & 18x9 Bullitt Deep Dish Chrome Wheel's
295/35/18 & 265/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport PS2's
tinted windows, billet grill
tealstangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 04:12 AM   #30
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
god i hate kerry so much, if he wins i will be moving to canada or some ****, anything is better than being with some puss *** weenie boy thatll say anything to get a vote. i like a president who can take charge, kick *** when it needs to be kicked, fight the good fight. so far all the last guy could care about is getting his cack sucked. aint nothing wrong wit that, i wouldnt mind going down in history as the president who made bj's dinner conversation. but he did nothing to further the nation economically, he did nothing to protect it either. had he whooped *** when wtc was first attacked, it mightve not happened a second time. but anyways.

anybody remember when the dixie chicks(or the big fat one as larry the cable guy says) told the world that "they were embarrased bush was from texas"? well remember how the whole media was in a uproar because bush was the man, and these little hoes were talking ****. now it seems any band/group in the music industry has got something agains the man and its no big deal now? i was hugely offended when i went to warped tour this year, and 9 out of 10 bands i saw had something to say against bush. here it really pissed me off when yellowcard said that they need to vote for kerry to oust bush and his politics. but then it was kinda funny cause then he said "then 4 years from now get rid of that lying sack of poo kerry cause hes just as bad, if not worse". but anyways.

im bored. time for bed.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 10:04 AM   #31
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseGSTdude
god i hate kerry so much, if he wins i will be moving to canada or some ****, anything is better than being with some puss *** weenie boy thatll say anything to get a vote. i like a president who can take charge, kick *** when it needs to be kicked, fight the good fight. so far all the last guy could care about is getting his cack sucked. aint nothing wrong wit that, i wouldnt mind going down in history as the president who made bj's dinner conversation. but he did nothing to further the nation economically, he did nothing to protect it either. had he whooped *** when wtc was first attacked, it mightve not happened a second time. but anyways.

anybody remember when the dixie chicks(or the big fat one as larry the cable guy says) told the world that "they were embarrased bush was from texas"? well remember how the whole media was in a uproar because bush was the man, and these little hoes were talking ****. now it seems any band/group in the music industry has got something agains the man and its no big deal now? i was hugely offended when i went to warped tour this year, and 9 out of 10 bands i saw had something to say against bush. here it really pissed me off when yellowcard said that they need to vote for kerry to oust bush and his politics. but then it was kinda funny cause then he said "then 4 years from now get rid of that lying sack of poo kerry cause hes just as bad, if not worse". but anyways.

im bored. time for bed.
the reason they say that is because 9/10 moviestars/singers are democrats,take jessica simpson for example we all know how smart she is
Old 08-10-2004, 10:19 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
take jessica simpson for example we all know how smart she is
She's still hot though!
Old 08-10-2004, 10:21 AM   #33
I liek gramer
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
^ boo
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 10:22 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
i didnt say he didnt like them i meant he didnt participate in many extreme ones as far as I can tell
I dunno, seems mountain biking is an extreme sport for Gw.

Odds are pretty good if Kerry wins there will be no more extreme sports from him. If it ain't a put on the Secret Service won't let it happen.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvr2000stang
Holy crap he's right.
Ponycarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 12:57 PM   #35
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to V6STANG007 Send a message via Yahoo to V6STANG007
Quote:
Originally Posted by fast64
Who would you rather have running the country?
:no: *sigh* I don't even know anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
OK you are right!!! Maybe I am the Old Crazy One
V6STANG007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar