17 year old killed in accident involving Mustang - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-11-2004, 08:21 AM   #1
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
17 year old killed in accident involving Mustang

I didn't see the whole story, but this morning when I turned on the news I saw the tail end of a story where a 99+ red Mustang had a head on collision with another vehicle. The 16 year old driver of the Mustang was not killed, but her 17 year old friend and passenger was. I didn't hear all of the story, so I don't know who was at fault or anything about the other vehicle.

I did see a picture of the Mustang though, and it was hardly recognizable.

Just a reminder to everybody out there, be safe.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2004, 09:07 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Why is it that every time a accident occurs like this, ironicly the driver hardly ever dies when they have passengers? its always them that survives...just kinda weird how that always plays out it seems.
Old 08-11-2004, 09:51 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

the drivers seat is the safest seat in a car because that is the seat that is designsed to be protected in everycrash. notice whenever you hear a car bragging on tv about its crash test ratings its hardly ever passenger and almost never REAR passenger crash test. everything is "5 star frontal crash test." thats a driver test. thats why the passenger seat is concidered the death seat. if you think about it there is always a driver in the car. and half the time a passenger.. that a big incentive you the huge corporations to provide the driver with alot of protection and the passengers with less and rear passengers with even less.. its all on percentages of travel. sucks alot but thats how it goes.
the only cars that are really protected for that stuff are minivans, becaseu those are for soccer moms, and the percentage of the time that people are in the passenger seat,and rear is much much much higher. get it?
This is America, where every vote counts, unless it's a vote for a Democrat.
thirstymate is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2004, 09:52 AM   #4
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
I know. I feel bad for the driver, even if the accident was not her fault (I still can't find anything about it on the net), she will have to live the rest of her life knowing she was the driver of a fatal accident that killed her friend.

Not related, but it usually seems like the drunk driver is able to walk away from the fatal accident too.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 09:59 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

simply because they are the driver. also alcohol lowers your blood pressure significantly the more you drink. true story: a man down the street from me gets HAMMERED with his buddy, the decide to take their truck out onto the lake, in the winter it freezes almost solid because the water level drops about 20 feet. when the come back they hit a jetty of rock at about 60-70 they both go flying trough the air. (the radio to their truck was found 30 feet up in a tree, the guy ripped his side open LITERALLY his intestine were hanging out he passed out in the snow and so did his friend, he survived 14 hours there becaseu the alcohol had lowered his blood pressure so much .. also the fact that the snow had basically frozen that part of his body. his friend woke up and went home and just figured they were outside when he passed out. a neighbor found him the next day ...
This is America, where every vote counts, unless it's a vote for a Democrat.
thirstymate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 10:13 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Send a message via Yahoo to Dragon_Lady
I knew there was a valid reason for being such a paranoid passenger. :pnoid:
All Stock! getting ready for some minor mods: tinting, new bumper and/or bodykit, 3:73 gears, underdrive pullies, tires (they're getting bad) considering new rims. Oh ya- gonna chip it. Thanks for all your suggestions and time answering my questions guys!
Dragon_Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 11:01 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Thirsty are you like a paramedic or what...
Old 08-11-2004, 12:17 PM   #8
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by thirstymate
simply because they are the driver. also alcohol lowers your blood pressure significantly the more you drink. true story: a man down the street from me gets HAMMERED with his buddy, the decide to take their truck out onto the lake, in the winter it freezes almost solid because the water level drops about 20 feet. when the come back they hit a jetty of rock at about 60-70 they both go flying trough the air. (the radio to their truck was found 30 feet up in a tree, the guy ripped his side open LITERALLY his intestine were hanging out he passed out in the snow and so did his friend, he survived 14 hours there becaseu the alcohol had lowered his blood pressure so much .. also the fact that the snow had basically frozen that part of his body. his friend woke up and went home and just figured they were outside when he passed out. a neighbor found him the next day ...
Also you will see that the person in a wreck that is intoxicated is usually the one that has less injuries. The sober person ssees the wreck about to happen and tenses up. When the collision happens the sober person has tight tense muscles which with the jolt of a car wreck can cause all kinds of inuries.

The drunk has his reaction time slowed down so he doesnt realize whats going on till after its happened.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 01:08 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Falcon Send a message via MSN to Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon
not always true, there is a country music thing here where basically everyone is drunk, this year a car full of three drunk people including the driver hit a family head on. family had no injuries everyone in the drunk car died. its a shame that people have to drink and drive. now because of them and other accidents in previous years they are considering cancelling the concert
Full Stainless Magnaflow Exhaust, Stainless Longtubes/Off Road Y-Pipe, QTP E-Cutout, HP Tuners, Super Sucker Ram Air Kit, BMR Tunnel Brace/Driveshaft Safety Loop, Hotchkis Panhard Bar, Hypertech 160 Thermostat, CF Whisper Air Lid, Corvette FRCs, K&N, !AIR, !EGR
Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 07:02 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Indiana
Send a message via AIM to Fishers Stang
be safe, this past week i lost 2 friends in car crash and also a 18year old died in a car wreck that was a volly firefighter that was in the next town over... both of my friends were under 18 also

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar