We Are Scared! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-30-2008, 03:17 AM   #1
Regular

Region: Tennessee
We Are Scared!

Mustang Fanatics SCARED and dissapointed with 2010 stang! Must read! - Camaro Forum - 2009 Camaro / 2010 Camaro / New Camaro SS Z28 Forums - Camaro5.com

I'd rather be scared about losing a race to a car that just came back from a hiatus caused by lack of sales than be scared of the entire automaker going bankrupt.

I guess they have to look for whatever positive they can find.

P.S. If you register on their site remember you are representing MustangEvolution so play nice and be respectful.....

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2008, 04:13 AM   #2
Regular

Re: We Are Scared!

Maybe they are just relieved that GMAC won't be filing for bankruptcy any time soon, thanks in part to a few Ford driving tax payers!

GMAC Gets Bailout Funds - Forbes.com

Reddit
Old 12-30-2008, 08:44 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to Mustang GT HO

I guess we're scared of a car that does not even exist yet......man we're sissy's.
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2008, 09:12 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama

If only GM had turned the camaro into a teenage girls 6-banger dream car... maybe then things would be different
ThaWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 09:44 AM   #5
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaWill View Post
If only GM had turned the camaro into a teenage girls 6-banger dream car... maybe then things would be different
Yep. But they didn't. They built the V6 so it wouldn't sell as well and down went the Camaro. History will repeat itself as well.

Reddit
Old 12-30-2008, 09:46 AM   #6
Registered Member

Regular

Region: New York
Send a message via AIM to Rocket 442

Like I've said. GM Builds fast cars that are meant to be fast. Ford builds cars that look fast, and sell to 18 year old girls who just graduated. This keeps Ford able to continue the Mustang, while GM had to drop the Camaro/Firebird.

Every one of you know that Mustangs aren't as fast as Camaros, its sorta a Taboo around Ford Forums to speak of such though

With that said, I do think Ford may be doing the right thing not dumping power into their car. They've got the weight advantage. If only they had some decent engines they'd easily be on par to continue to steal the pony-wars show.

The V6 Camaro could be a threat this time around. It's much more dramatic looking than the 2010 Mustang, and has more power as well. I can see tons of people buying the V6's and looking to race with them as well. Hell, plenty of guys do it for 4th Gen Camaros and 98+ Mustangs now. With the new V6 Camaro getting 300hp, it'll just make it more easy to do.
Edelbrock Performer RPM Heads & ARP Bolt Kit | Mondello JM 22-25-10 Cam - 274/280 .512/.523 | Harland Sharp 1.6 Ratio Full Roller Rockers | Trickflow Chromemoly 3/8" Pushrods | Edelbrock Modified Performer Intake | Pypes 2.5" X-Pipe | Dougs Ceramic Headers
Rocket 442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 09:54 AM   #7
Regular

Sorry but the GT Mustang is fast. It doesn't just 'look fast'. It might not have the horsepower of a new Camaro but just because the Camaro doesn't have the horsepower of a Z06 doesn't make it 'slow'.

Not everyone cares about the fastest car available either.

Reddit
Old 12-30-2008, 10:11 AM   #8
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Not to mention if you are buying either one to go fast, the odds of either one staying stock are slim to none.

The mustang might be considered a teenage girl car, however it survived. It didn't rot away and get canceled. The reason was solely because of V6 sales. It has been down on power since the 80s, yet still managed to outlive and outsell the almighty fbody. This is a reality that is going to repeat itself again. The marketing Ford uses on the mustang is just much more thought out than on the camaro. How many camaro commercials have you seen recently? I know I haven't seen any. I've seen a number of mustangs tho. Considering they are supposed to be having this amazing finger of god coming back into existence, there is little to no marketing for it.

Now...why won't it die again? Hmm....
Old 12-30-2008, 10:12 AM   #9
Regular

Yes, Ford's marketing team is leaps and bounds over GMC. Of course, that is one of the reasons GMC is in the shape it is now. It's too big and bloated.

Reddit
Old 12-30-2008, 10:22 AM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket 442 View Post
Like I've said. GM Builds fast cars that are meant to be fast. Ford builds cars that look fast, and sell to 18 year old girls who just graduated. This keeps Ford able to continue the Mustang, while GM had to drop the Camaro/Firebird.

Every one of you know that Mustangs aren't as fast as Camaros, its sorta a Taboo around Ford Forums to speak of such though
I wouldn't call it "taboo", more like a incredibly dumb statement to make. That kind of blanket statement makes no sense whatsoever.

As far as Ford building cars that "look fast", many would argue that Ford builds cars that "look good". Unfortunately, the same hasn't been true with GM and their Camaro since the 70's. Of course, looks are subjective... But the American auto market has agreed. That's why GM couldn't afford to make Camaros for the past several years.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 10:28 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

I am not 100% happy with the 2010 mustang especially in the performance department... but ford hasnt ever really had to compete there to be on top of their segment lol... the camaro had much more hp/tq than the mustang and the mustang still stomped it into the ground in sales and popularity so we shall see
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 10:38 AM   #12
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
I am not 100% happy with the 2010 mustang especially in the performance department...
I think the 2010 is a complete and utter disappointment...the rear end is just hideous...But, since there aren't a bunch of camaros running around on the streets at this point, it is still a much better option...

Ah, who am I kidding, even if there were a bunch of camaros running around, it would still be a better option. That thing is even more hideous than the 2010 rear end. lol
Old 12-30-2008, 10:49 AM   #13
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Here is a real life one spotted on the street...posted on another site. Be sure to notice the fake fog lights and an *** end that...well, just check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_GT View Post
Sorry for the crappy pics but there was a car on either side of it. The guy driving it was with his family so I didn't want to bother him too much or take up much of his time. I have to say I'm impressed! According to the guy, its the 4th one of the assembly line.

Old 12-30-2008, 11:05 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri

That THING is ugly as sin.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:07 AM   #15
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

^^^ That is the base V6 model that is supposed to compete with the base V6 mustang and keep the camaro in business.

With the challenger and mustang options, I don't see the camaro keeping up at all. They are going to need to hope the higher priced, lower production number, SS can keep the car alive...or the Z28 which I am hearing has been canceled before it even gets going.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:18 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

I dont think it will at all. The Challenger is 100 times better looking than the camaro. The Mustang fits somewhere in between them. But as stated before there is no marketing for them. Which will lead to its demise once again.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:34 AM   #17
Regular

I think the 2010 Mustang rear end looks 100000x better than the Camaros. Ew

Reddit
Old 12-30-2008, 11:38 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

^^Very true.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:57 AM   #19
Registered Member

Regular

I don't like the Challenger, and really don't like the Mustang Either.

The Camaro looks a bit bloated to me, but it does seem like the best designed one in my opinion. You can't say a car will fail because you dislike the looks of it. Its not just your opinion that makes cars sell, its the overall, and quite a few people like the camaro. I didn't like the looks of the 2005 Mustang and that made it somehow. The Challengers sideview it looks like nothing. The doors and lines of the car are just bland, and you can't even call it 'retro', something more along the lines of old car with new headlight bulbs is more appropriate.

We all know the Challenger will be the one with the most mechanical problems, because well... its a dodge.

Also, I would be nervous if you dislike the back end of the Camaros... because that's basically what you'll be seeing more often than not if you get the balls to race one. The only problem GM has is selling to normal people. There is a cult following for the 98-02 Camaros/Firebirds, but it wasn't enough. They can build an engine (LTX, LSX) but they don't market them as well.

Ford is also a bit more loyal to the Mustang as well, since its one of their icon cars. Hell, in the 70's the mustang was one ugly peice of **** and they almost shut it down many times.
Edelbrock Performer RPM Heads & ARP Bolt Kit | Mondello JM 22-25-10 Cam - 274/280 .512/.523 | Harland Sharp 1.6 Ratio Full Roller Rockers | Trickflow Chromemoly 3/8" Pushrods | Edelbrock Modified Performer Intake | Pypes 2.5" X-Pipe | Dougs Ceramic Headers
Old 12-30-2008, 12:01 PM   #20
Regular

Oh yea!?!?!?!

Catfish.

Reddit
Old 12-30-2008, 12:13 PM   #21
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

:cig:

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 12:14 PM   #22
Regular

I can't wait for Markuz to read this

Reddit
Old 12-30-2008, 12:15 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Brent can you make that my avatar?
Or is that possible.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:15 PM   #24
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Also, I would be nervous if you dislike the back end of the Camaros... because that's basically what you'll be seeing more often than not if you get the balls to race one.
See, I was hoping the front would look better...but then again, at the distance I expect to be seeing the front of one from it won't matter anyhow. Hard to see details from the length of a football field.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:16 PM   #25
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1234 View Post

Brent can you make that my avatar?
Or is that possible.
You'd have to find one that wasn't as wide

Reddit
Old 12-30-2008, 12:20 PM   #26
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I can't wait for Markuz to read this
Just don't call it the camarofish.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:32 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

So i shouldnt say Camarofish
Old 12-30-2008, 01:49 PM   #28
Registered Member

Regular

Don't pick on the catfish. They're beautiful creatures.

and if anyone thinks the 2010 Camaro looks like a catfish, they need to fall in a puddle of AIDS. 98-2002 yes, and the only car that looks more like one is the Aston Martins.
Old 12-30-2008, 01:50 PM   #29
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
See, I was hoping the front would look better...but then again, at the distance I expect to be seeing the front of one from it won't matter anyhow. Hard to see details from the length of a football field.
You don't count. Next year if you bring the Cobra you can take a look at my Olds' tail lights and check to make sure they work alright.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:16 PM   #30
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
You don't count. Next year if you bring the Cobra you can take a look at my Olds' tail lights and check to make sure they work alright.
Why, how many lengths are you going to ask for?

Oh, and I finally found my camarofish pic...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	camarofish.JPG
Views:	440
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	20100  
Old 12-30-2008, 03:26 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Thumbs down Re: We Are Scared!

Yeah, I'm a GM guy and I'm going to have to agree with some in that the reason camaros didn't sell is because they were ugly as ****. Somehow the newer T/As managed to pull it off but ugh camaros haven't looked awesome since 1969 (when they last had the spirits at hotel california btw)

I kinda like the new one though

oops this isn't it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sex.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	265.8 KB
ID:	20101  
ThaWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 03:29 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

oh snap sounds like we got a race on our hands

2006 Mustang GT lots of mods ex wife has it
1979 corvette stingray #'s matching 47K org. miles
1970Chevelle SS 454 big block Old School 500hp Sold
hottcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 03:45 PM   #33
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Why, how many lengths are you going to ask for?
I don't want to take too many negative lengths or I'm back in the burnout pit.

If you need lengths just let me know, and you can pick the 442 or the Cutlass, which ever one you'd rather go with.
Old 12-30-2008, 03:50 PM   #34
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
I don't want to take too many negative lengths or I'm back in the burnout pit.

If you need lengths just let me know, and you can pick the 442 or the Cutlass, which ever one you'd rather go with.
But if I'm going to see your tail lights you're going to have to be set out in front of me...unless we are doing this on a track and using bracket rules so you'll get to leave first.

I'll go with the 442 first, I like those better...

EDIT: Just noticed in your sig it's under maintenance, so I guess I'll go with the cutlass...

:swordfigh
Old 12-30-2008, 04:15 PM   #35
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
But if I'm going to see your tail lights you're going to have to be set out in front of me...unless we are doing this on a track and using bracket rules so you'll get to leave first.

I'll go with the 442 first, I like those better...

EDIT: Just noticed in your sig it's under maintenance, so I guess I'll go with the cutlass...

:swordfigh
The 442 will be done by September. It's just getting a hairdryer and a few other features.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar