repeated bodily injury - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-14-2004, 09:28 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
repeated bodily injury

will someone please take anything away from me that can cause myself to injure... myself. Every project I do, I have a scar from... I did that little gas pedal mod.. used a Bic pen, had to cut it, cut my finger with my brand new knife... didn't even feel it, but I shaved off the back of a knuckle, bled everywhere... last mod, reverse glow gauges... literally, burnt a line in the back of my ring finger... it only was on my skin for 1/4 of a second. Let's see, dual exhaust, shavings in the eyes... and yeah, I was wearing goggles. K&N, no tools involved really... oil changes... mild discomfort from hot oil... but now that I've worked with the hot plastic at work, that won't be a problem... let's see. I guess that's about it... wait until I get into more mods for the injury updates....

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2004, 09:41 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
You sound like a guy I used to work with..If he wasn't bleeding, he hasn't worked yet lol. When I started catching his little problem myself I started working with someone else lol. Last time I worked around him I fell off an 8 foot scaffold and dented an outside air conditioning unit with my head...then moved the concrete form with my hip. I already have a huge crack in my skull and screws in my hip so yeh...let's just say it wasn't very fun spending the next 8 hours at the hospital
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 09:42 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
you might kill yourself if you put a super charger in there lol

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2004, 09:44 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
good thing I don't trust myself to do that. I'm really not very accident prone. I went through two months of work, using tools for 8 hours every night and only hurt myself once with a scraper two days before I left

Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
Old 08-14-2004, 09:45 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Falcon Send a message via MSN to Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph
you might kill yourself if you put a super charger in there lol
lmao, maybe you just gotta be more cautious and use more common sense, like hey this oil is hot maybe i shouldnt touch it, or maybe i should aim the knife away from body parts? just an idea, gl on the rest of your mods hopefully nothing further happens
Full Stainless Magnaflow Exhaust, Stainless Longtubes/Off Road Y-Pipe, QTP E-Cutout, HP Tuners, Super Sucker Ram Air Kit, BMR Tunnel Brace/Driveshaft Safety Loop, Hotchkis Panhard Bar, Hypertech 160 Thermostat, CF Whisper Air Lid, Corvette FRCs, K&N, !AIR, !EGR
Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 10:04 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

I was aiming away from my body... but my hand was also away from my body... which is where the problem came in. Also the knife is WAY to sharp. Any of you ever cut through a Bic with one motion? I did... and I didn't have to try THAT hard. VERY sharp knife.

Old 08-14-2004, 11:37 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to drummerstang98 Send a message via Yahoo to drummerstang98
the same thing...every time I help my friend with his car or his truck. I get hurt, even if its hitting my arm or leg. It sucks lol
Mods - BBK O/R H-Pipe, 2 Chamber Flowmasters, BBK CAI, 4:30 Gears, FR500, Koni Adjustable's, C-Springs w/dead coil cut...more to come
drummerstang98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 04:51 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Send a message via Yahoo to Dragon_Lady
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner
will someone please take anything away from me that can cause myself to injure... myself. Every project I do, I have a scar from... I did that little gas pedal mod.. used a Bic pen, had to cut it, cut my finger with my brand new knife... didn't even feel it, but I shaved off the back of a knuckle, bled everywhere... last mod, reverse glow gauges... literally, burnt a line in the back of my ring finger... it only was on my skin for 1/4 of a second. Let's see, dual exhaust, shavings in the eyes... and yeah, I was wearing goggles. K&N, no tools involved really... oil changes... mild discomfort from hot oil... but now that I've worked with the hot plastic at work, that won't be a problem... let's see. I guess that's about it... wait until I get into more mods for the injury updates....
All I can say is "Dude Take it to a shop, get yerself a bresky and wait for the mechanic to call ya back"

o.k. at least that's what I'd do.
All Stock! getting ready for some minor mods: tinting, new bumper and/or bodykit, 3:73 gears, underdrive pullies, tires (they're getting bad) considering new rims. Oh ya- gonna chip it. Thanks for all your suggestions and time answering my questions guys!
Dragon_Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 11:38 AM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Indiana
Send a message via AIM to Fishers Stang
hhaha no blood no fun... hope your luck will change..
Old 08-15-2004, 07:46 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
it wouldnt be fun if it was easy. looking down at my hands, i have about 10 different gouges/scrapes in them from installing hard IC piping(chrome and better than the crappy stock flex hoses). that was a pita bout it wouldnt have been worth it if it was easy.

and i love bleeding while working on my cars, its a way to really get in touch with your inner man.say youre working under the car bolting/unbolting something, and youre using a big wrench to get some rusted *** bolt off, and it finally gives, sending the wrench and youre hand into the engine block, tearing skin and exposing raw flesh. if youre a puss youll get out from under the car, wash it off and apply a bandage. a man would say "fvck it" and keep wrenching till that step of the job is finished.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 07:48 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseGSTdude
it wouldnt be fun if it was easy. looking down at my hands, i have about 10 different gouges/scrapes in them from installing hard IC piping(chrome and better than the crappy stock flex hoses). that was a pita bout it wouldnt have been worth it if it was easy.

and i love bleeding while working on my cars, its a way to really get in touch with your inner man.say youre working under the car bolting/unbolting something, and youre using a big wrench to get some rusted *** bolt off, and it finally gives, sending the wrench and youre hand into the engine block, tearing skin and exposing raw flesh. if youre a puss youll get out from under the car, wash it off and apply a bandage. a man would say "fvck it" and keep wrenching till that step of the job is finished.
i like your attitude
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 08:10 PM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

yeah, I cut myself BEFORE I get to the car usually... plus, tearing a crap load of skin off my hand would make me stop... finish after the bleeding stopped, because I don't like blood to get everywhere. I would still call myself a man, as I finish the job after I get it to stop.... that usually entails washing it off, maybe peroxide so it doesn't get infected, and throwing on a bandaide... and then back outside. I have three fresh cuts/gouges on my left hand as of right now.... waiting for a fourth one. Three fingers so far... two left to go.

Old 08-16-2004, 08:39 AM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to V6STANG007 Send a message via Yahoo to V6STANG007
Ha! I thought It was just me, everytime I am going to do something that involves tools I considered it a given that I will be bleeding by the time I am done. I don't even feel the pain as much as I used to, I think I have developed a tolerance for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
OK you are right!!! Maybe I am the Old Crazy One
V6STANG007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 09:04 AM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Falcon Send a message via MSN to Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6STANG007
Ha! I thought It was just me, everytime I am going to do something that involves tools I considered it a given that I will be bleeding by the time I am done. I don't even feel the pain as much as I used to, I think I have developed a tolerance for it.
have you ever checked a mechanics hands? they are battered to crap, that is if they are like my dad and like to be hand to part not hand to glove to part. Every day is seems he comes in with another cut, and after 25 years his hands are covered in scars and cuts, its part of working on cars. There is just too many sharp things under there to not cut yourself sometime or another.
Full Stainless Magnaflow Exhaust, Stainless Longtubes/Off Road Y-Pipe, QTP E-Cutout, HP Tuners, Super Sucker Ram Air Kit, BMR Tunnel Brace/Driveshaft Safety Loop, Hotchkis Panhard Bar, Hypertech 160 Thermostat, CF Whisper Air Lid, Corvette FRCs, K&N, !AIR, !EGR
Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 10:53 AM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan
I have scars all over my hands from working on cars.. oddly enough its usually simple jobs like spark plugs/wires that cause the most damage, haha
MonteCitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 11:26 AM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64
I have so many little white marks (scars) on my knuckles from workin on my cars. I don't even think I could count them all.
Old 08-16-2004, 01:31 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

i tend to use mechanics gloves when i work on cars
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar