94' gt/cobra - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-15-2004, 05:42 PM   #1

94' gt/cobra

kelley blue book value on a 94' mustang cobra with 90,000 miles on it in good condition private party value is bout $6500.....and the gt same condition and miles bout $4300....i'd like to be able to afford one of these by my senior year...currently bout to start my sophmore year....anyway....what mods u'd have to make to make it be on the same level of cobra for if u got the gt? would it be cheaper to upgrade parts till the same level as the cobra or be wiser just to save and get that extra cash and just get the cobra?
midnightmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2004, 05:54 PM   #2
Ken
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Hampshire
Not sure about the 94's, but the Cobra has a completely different engine from the GT.. not just a supercharger slapped onto the top.

I would rather have the 32V engine over the 16V engine
Old 08-15-2004, 05:56 PM   #3

i know the 03 and 04 cobras have the supercharger...but the 94's didnt im almost positive
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2004, 06:08 PM   #4

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to 01mineralgrey6
I think the 94/95 cobras had minor differances, like intakes and stuff. not sure though
Old 08-15-2004, 06:30 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Falcon Send a message via MSN to Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon
im not too educated on that year, in my opinion just get a 99 or newer GT and you will look better and just be as fast I believe? if not faster than a pre 99 cobra pre 99 gt had 215 hp 99 or newer had 260 and yes there was no Supercharger on cobras until 03
Full Stainless Magnaflow Exhaust, Stainless Longtubes/Off Road Y-Pipe, QTP E-Cutout, HP Tuners, Super Sucker Ram Air Kit, BMR Tunnel Brace/Driveshaft Safety Loop, Hotchkis Panhard Bar, Hypertech 160 Thermostat, CF Whisper Air Lid, Corvette FRCs, K&N, !AIR, !EGR
Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 06:49 PM   #6

well yea the 99'+ years on the mustang are nice lookin...brother had a 00' mustang gt, traded in and got 04' focus for cheaper insurance...but im just gonna get some crap car for my sophmore year.....get me a job....and by my senior year be able to afford a 94' mustang cobra.....and 3 years the blue book value will drop some so it'll be more affordable hopefully.....6 grand is alot of money to dish out for someone in highschool...and i'd rather have a cobra than a gt....even tho the 94' year there was only a 30hp difference between the gt and cobra....but still just to say...i got a mustang cobra...just seems ALOT better than saying i gotta mustang gt dressed up like a cobra
Old 08-15-2004, 07:00 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
cobra has waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more power potential since you have 16 extra valves and 2 extra cams.

In Texas? check out www.lonestarstangs.com
timpryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 07:03 PM   #8

so that extra 2 grand for the cobra would actualy be worth it in the long run? since i do plan to do mods to it after im out of highschool and on my way to college
Old 08-15-2004, 07:04 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64
Quote:
Originally Posted by timpryor
cobra has waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more power potential since you have 16 extra valves and 2 extra cams.
94's & 95's had 5.0's, the mod motors started in 96
Old 08-15-2004, 07:15 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightmustang
so that extra 2 grand for the cobra would actualy be worth it in the long run? since i do plan to do mods to it after im out of highschool and on my way to college
not if you get a 94 or 95, the 94 and 95 cobra and gt both have a OHV 5.0 engine. i vote get the gt.
Old 08-15-2004, 07:51 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
oh yeah sorry i forgot about that get a '96 then

In Texas? check out www.lonestarstangs.com
timpryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 08:06 PM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Falcon Send a message via MSN to Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightmustang
well yea the 99'+ years on the mustang are nice lookin...brother had a 00' mustang gt, traded in and got 04' focus for cheaper insurance...but im just gonna get some crap car for my sophmore year.....get me a job....and by my senior year be able to afford a 94' mustang cobra.....and 3 years the blue book value will drop some so it'll be more affordable hopefully.....6 grand is alot of money to dish out for someone in highschool...and i'd rather have a cobra than a gt....even tho the 94' year there was only a 30hp difference between the gt and cobra....but still just to say...i got a mustang cobra...just seems ALOT better than saying i gotta mustang gt dressed up like a cobra
i know the feeling im in high school and debating on whether or not to buy a 00 v6 supercharged cobra clone for 10,500 :drive:
Full Stainless Magnaflow Exhaust, Stainless Longtubes/Off Road Y-Pipe, QTP E-Cutout, HP Tuners, Super Sucker Ram Air Kit, BMR Tunnel Brace/Driveshaft Safety Loop, Hotchkis Panhard Bar, Hypertech 160 Thermostat, CF Whisper Air Lid, Corvette FRCs, K&N, !AIR, !EGR
Old 08-15-2004, 08:10 PM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

cobra clone = gay IMO
Old 08-16-2004, 01:01 AM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to Black95GT
If you are going to mod, get a GT, the cobra just has a little better suspension, it has a different intake, and Roller Rockers. If you plan on modding, you would change that anyway. So just get a GT and save 2g's for mods.
2003 DSG Cobra -2.2L KB, 60lbs Injectors, Single Blade TB, SCT2400 MAF, Kook's LT's, Kook's High-Flow Catted X-Pipe, Magnaflow CB, JLT RAI, MGW Short-Throw, H&R Race Springs, MM CC Plates, MM Bumpsteer, BF IRS Brace, BF Idlers, and AFS 18 Chrome Reps w/ R888s
Black95GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 08:12 AM   #15
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
Quote:
Originally Posted by fast64
cobra clone = gay IMO
V6 badged up like a cobra = gay IMO

cobra appearance stuff, like bumpers etc is ok. but NO BADGES!

i don't even like my cobra center caps.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 08:25 AM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast64
cobra clone = gay IMO
i totally agree thats why id rip off the cobra badges and leave the front bumper and wheels

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar