F'ing A, got broken into - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-18-2004, 02:13 AM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
F'ing A, got broken into

well it finally happened. someone got into my car and jacked a few things. they mustve used a slim to get inside, cause this was the one time i locked my doors(usually sets off the fake factory remote entry and i have to pull the batt to stop it, very embarrasing). i was at a ball game with my freinds, i parked in the overflow lot, across the street from the army reserve depot. had a good time at the game and as i walked to my car it was the only one in the lot. i got this funny feeling and i knew something was up. walk up to it my freind says "dude you dumass you forgot to close the fuel door" so he shuts it and i get inside the car and see this.

yeah they jacked the a-pillar pod completely, the screws and a little plastic from it is still there. more pics VVV

that white tube is from the boost guage. it hisses at me when the boost goes up. all those wires are the + and - for the lighting of the guages. at least they left me with enough to make it easy when i get more. thats not it though.

oh no, they popped the trunk and jacked my alpine type R sub and kenwood 600W amp setup i had. now i hear alpine doenst make type R 12's anymore, so if i hear someones selling them on the streets, its on. at least they left me with all the wires. still not the end.

as i was driving home i noticed that my tweets are gone also. jacked them clean off the mounts. not that it was hard to do, i mounted them on these nifty little L brackets that faced towards the interior, and mounted that straight to the stock grilles. they prolly took a good seconds each to jack.

couldve been worse, they couldve popped the hood, jacked the Greddy BOV, the brand new chrome IC piping, and my intake. guess they didnt bring any tools.

im not too pissed. i couldve spent 5 bucks and parked in the regular parking lot and nothing wouldve happened cause that lot has security, but a lot 10 feet away doesnt. i was thinking on a new system anyways, my freind has 4 12" audiobahn 8w-somethings and ill prolly take 2 now and make another box and get a 1200W audiobahn amp. thatll set me back a good 600. then i need new guages now, theres another 200. and tweeters will be like 20 bucks as my freind says. i also need a actual alarm system now, so theres a good 300 bucks. so im really hoping people pay me off and ill be fine, even though if this never happened ida had a new turbo and other ****.

oh well.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2004, 02:16 AM   #2
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I'm sorry man

I really do know how you feel.

People just suck

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 02:54 AM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

good thing i have a savings account for just this type of thing. sucks cause that money was gonna go towards something so much better than guages and subs i already had.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2004, 02:55 AM   #4
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
insurance wont cover any of it?
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 03:44 AM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

no i dont have aftermarket insurance. i called the police station and asked them "if you were to come out and fill out a report, how would i get the money to buy new stuff?" and the lady was like "unless you have it covered under your insurance youll never see it" so i told them to not waste their time.

besides i just bought new guages 10 minutes ago, but the place that i bought the custom a-pillar replacement(its a guage pod that replaces the whole a-pillar piece, looks clean as hell and isnt as ghey as those bolt on dual pods) are on backorder, so who knows when ill get them. hell ill get the guages and duct tape them in to place till i get the pod if i have to.

Old 08-18-2004, 04:42 AM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

:-/

I Really ****ing hate people.

My house was broken into 4 years ago, took everything I held dear to me. You really can trust nobody... And it's really that sad. But hell, you live in California................ you have to deal with it I guess -_-

If you were looking to buy a new system, now's a perfect time which is cool. I'm glad you aren't too upset over everything. I'm especially happy your performance pieces weren't jacked!

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 05:57 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to BruThru2002
sorry to hear that man... when i was doing my turbo ranger project a few years back, a guy broke into that and stole my a/f and boost guage, radio, speakers, subs, boost control, intake, intercooler pipes, my new three core that i had just put in like 2 days before, clear corners, tail lights, bed cover... even my floor mats, lol. I was up in baltimore visiting my sister at loyola and had parked it on the street. A day or two after I had reported it, I got a call from the cops that they had picked up a guy and found my debit card (an inactive one i had left in my console). So I got alot of my stuff back less the radio, speakers, and subs. I had to pay for the back window they broke to get into it though.

2000 Mustang....
~ Performance Red, New Mach 1 (Mag 500) rims, Dual Flowmaster Exhaust, Black Letters & Rocker stripes, Sony - Rockford Fosgate system
-Billy
BruThru2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 07:36 AM   #8
Road Trip!

Send a message via AIM to kaper232 Send a message via Yahoo to kaper232
That sucks man... I know the pain!!

In 2001 I had a GMC Jimmy, big rims, tv's, nice system... Well, I was on route back home from a night out at the bars with some friends, just dropped everyone off and decided to stop by the gas station before I went home. Well, I walked in, grabbed something to drink, bought a pack of cigs... I walked outside and low and behold... MY SUV WAS GONE!!! To make a long story short, it was found stripped and torched and my insurance wouldnt pay for it because I had left the keys in it.
kaper232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 09:02 AM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to V6STANG007 Send a message via Yahoo to V6STANG007
aaaggg!!! That sucks man. I hate thieves, u work so hard to get what u have, and then some lazy drug addict bastard comes and takes it, mother F%#$!!!! I'm sorry that happened to u. I would've still filed the police report. crime should be reported even if u are not getting any $$ from the insurance Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
OK you are right!!! Maybe I am the Old Crazy One
V6STANG007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 09:10 AM   #10
I liek gramer
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
Yeah, I still would have filed the report. That sucks man, sorry to hear that. GL on getting all ur shiat back to how you want it or better than you had it.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 09:19 AM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Indiana
Send a message via AIM to Fishers Stang
srry dude,
Old 08-18-2004, 12:14 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Send a message via Yahoo to Dragon_Lady
2 OUT OF 3 cars I've owned have been broken into and the stereos jacked 2:
All Stock! getting ready for some minor mods: tinting, new bumper and/or bodykit, 3:73 gears, underdrive pullies, tires (they're getting bad) considering new rims. Oh ya- gonna chip it. Thanks for all your suggestions and time answering my questions guys!
Dragon_Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 12:31 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

that sucks when i was younger i had a 95 nissan truck and i had worked so hard to get my little sytem which consisted of two sony subs and amps and it all got jacked even my stereo. so i know how it feels you might be able to put that in your income taxes if you filed it with the police
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 12:36 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Damn dude that honestly really bites. Im quite surprised your taking it rather well.
Back in 2001 I had a 3 grand system in the stang on Turkey Day I woke up to see my car having the passanger side windows smashed and everything pretty much stolen. I was so full of rage.
I really do wish you luck on getting your stuff back if not the upgrades will always be nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6STANG007
I hate thieves, u work so hard to get what u have, and then some lazy drug addict bastard comes and takes it, mother F%#$!!!!
I betcha it wasnt a drug addict. Do you not know how value-able these things that import owners put on their car. Im willing to bet it was a bunch of teens/20's who either know someone with an import or has one and either wanted it for themselves or can just sell it off to a bud of theirs. Seen it many of times around here with my buddies imports. Most of them has had their car stolen and had something taken whether it be wheels or a whole engine (i **** you not)
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 01:31 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to BruThru2002
i think if it was someone who really knew what they were braking into, they would have popped the hood to take the intake, bov and such.

2000 Mustang....
~ Performance Red, New Mach 1 (Mag 500) rims, Dual Flowmaster Exhaust, Black Letters & Rocker stripes, Sony - Rockford Fosgate system
-Billy
BruThru2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 10:03 PM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Virginia
Send a message via AIM to oaktonarcher
sorry man. i dont kno if any of u live/ have lived in NY, epically during the early 80s. but i will never forget this story my dad told me. his friend had this 1970 chevelle SS with the 396 with solid lifters. now on night he was out cruising to the city and on his way there the car broke down the BQE i beleve any ways he is really worried about it b/c there is alot of crime on this road and alot of cars get broken in to. well he literally runs to a poilce station 2 hours later they get back to the car. at this time the car had been stripped of anything valuable and torched. now heres the kicker, the car as i said before was a 1970 chevelle with a HO 396 with solid lifters, pertty rare as is but on top of that is was a convertible, my dads friend kept the vin number for future refrence it turns out that in 1970 there were 15 chevelles with the solid lifters and convertible options the car approx valus now ia bout 140,000 dollars. btw he only paid 1000 for it so dont feel to bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
You still have a quote in your sig from a guy that hasn't signed in in almost 2 years
www.DeltaArmsCo.com
oaktonarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 10:37 PM   #17
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Send a message via AIM to Dom
That blows. But what can you do? If they want it bad enough, they'll get it.
Old 08-19-2004, 12:02 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Send a message via AIM to tealstangman
Dont feel bad man my mustang was stolen out of a parkinglot and when the police finally found it and i went to drive it home it overheated and i realized the head gasket had been blown so i had to get a new engine installed. plus they stole my whole stereo system and everything else in the car. and they fu**ed up one of my rims. Some people
Show:18x10 & 18x9 Bullitt Deep Dish Chrome Wheel's
295/35/18 & 265/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport PS2's
tinted windows, billet grill
tealstangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 12:22 AM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

see im glad that they didnt rip the converti or bust the windows. and im sure it was some asian punk kids into hondas that jacked it, so ill be looking into the interiors of every riced out honda i see for those guages cause nobody had them except me. also that alpine typeR 12 isnt made anymore so theres another rarity that ill keep an eye out for.

i already bought new guages, i got S7 guages now. theyre almost the same with the blue, but at night they almost look 3D.

thanks for the feedback guys. it helps to know im not alone.

Old 08-22-2004, 06:28 PM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Falcon Send a message via MSN to Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon
thats why i love my area in michigan very little breakins probably do to it being mainly farmland/country, sucks man hope you have better luck in the future
Full Stainless Magnaflow Exhaust, Stainless Longtubes/Off Road Y-Pipe, QTP E-Cutout, HP Tuners, Super Sucker Ram Air Kit, BMR Tunnel Brace/Driveshaft Safety Loop, Hotchkis Panhard Bar, Hypertech 160 Thermostat, CF Whisper Air Lid, Corvette FRCs, K&N, !AIR, !EGR
Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 08:34 PM   #21

Send a message via AIM to 01mineralgrey6
Thta sucks to hear, need one of those james bond car alarms
Old 08-22-2004, 09:06 PM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64
sorry to hear that man, where are you getting the new a-pillar pods from? I want one that replaces the whole thing for the 1990
Old 08-22-2004, 09:49 PM   #23
Legacy Member
Legacy

it was a place called gaugepods.com or something. hopefully the **** gets in this week cause im sick of the dam tube from the boost guage hissing at me.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar