The Swift Boat Drama - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-22-2004, 01:11 PM   #1
Regular

Region: Tennessee
The Swift Boat Drama

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,129689,00.html

This is no different than the democrats attacking Bush claiming that he didnt serve in the Alabama National Guard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Kerry
In New York on Saturday night, Kerry appeared at a fund-raiser and said the Bush camp is trying to attack his credibility because Americans are coming to believe Kerry would fight a "smarter and more effective" War on Terror.

"That's why they're attacking my credibility. That's why they've personally gone after me. The president needs to stand up and stop that. The president needs to have the courage to talk about it," Kerry told about 750 supporters.

Yea a smarter war on terror.... give me a break man!

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2004, 01:13 PM   #2
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Lieberman
All the back-and-forth is disappointing Sen. Joe Lieberman (search), D-Conn., the 2000 Democratic vice presidential candidate. He told FOX News Sunday that Kerry's war record has consumed all the attention while more important issues in the presidential campaign are being ignored.

"What really infuriates me and amazes me is that we're spending this much time and energy debating what happened 35 years ago instead of talking more about the war on terrorism we're in today, about our health care, education, environment, economic problems, and what George Bush and John Kerry are going to do for the next four years. That's what we ought to be debating."

Lieberman is the man :patriot:

Reddit
Old 08-22-2004, 04:36 PM   #3
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
this is true. Though I still don't want a liar and someone who falsifies records/reports as my President.

good quote by Lieberman, but he still ain't the man
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2004, 06:38 PM   #4
Regular

I like Lieberman. I dont agree with some of his politics but he is a honest person who respects his country and the need to defend it.

Reddit
Old 08-22-2004, 06:49 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Virginia
Send a message via AIM to oaktonarcher
i hate this crap, it was 35 years ago as Lieberman said. i mean lets not even go in to bush`s military back ground and its not weather or not he showed its the fact that he joined the air guard to avoid the draft, but again it doesnt matter....... it just doesnt matter *sighs and thinks to himself* I want Clinton back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
You still have a quote in your sig from a guy that hasn't signed in in almost 2 years
www.DeltaArmsCo.com
oaktonarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 07:10 PM   #6
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaktonarcher
i hate this crap, it was 35 years ago as Lieberman said. i mean lets not even go in to bush`s military back ground and its not weather or not he showed its the fact that he joined the air guard to avoid the draft, but again it doesnt matter....... it just doesnt matter *sighs and thinks to himself* I want Clinton back
Give me a break atleast the guy served. More than we can say for Clinton. I still dont understand for the life of me how anyone could want Clinton back. It just blows my mind

By the way:

When the Democrats were attacking Bush it wasnt because he was doing it to avoid the draft. They were trying to prove he didnt serve when he said he did. Basically what The Swift Boat Group is doing now. So yea someone give me a double standard smilie

Reddit
Old 08-22-2004, 08:34 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to whipster24 Send a message via Yahoo to whipster24
Oh, and from what I heard is the plane that Bush flew was actually a very dangerous one to fly. A lot of them went down. and he was performing surveilance during the cold war. Not an insignificant job

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
-Adolf Hitler, 1935
whipster24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 08:42 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to whipster24 Send a message via Yahoo to whipster24
Oh, and John Kerry said to bring it on. I think it's interesting how Kerry has had 2 of his "band of brothers" actually talk about what happened back there compared to around 200 highly decorated veterans who say that Kerry has lied.

Oh, and Kerry made it an issue when HE brought up his service in Vietnam and made it central to his campaign. That is what brought the swift boat veterans to come forward with all of this. The way that Kerry went to Vietnam with an agenda and came back to the states and used it as a pawn in his political aspirations by accusing all of his fellow soldiers with war crimes. Amazing how Kerry now claims that his service was so honorable but back then he said that he even participated in the war crimes. (burned a villiage with his own zippo)

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
-Adolf Hitler, 1935
whipster24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 04:56 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Virginia
Send a message via AIM to oaktonarcher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
When the Democrats were attacking Bush it wasnt because he was doing it to avoid the draft.
i know exactly why they were attacking him, but its just an observation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
You still have a quote in your sig from a guy that hasn't signed in in almost 2 years
www.DeltaArmsCo.com
oaktonarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 06:00 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
One of the authors of unfit for command has been grinding his axe against Kerry for almost 30 years. His attitutde is "no Kerry, no way, no how" and not I want Bush.

Kerry has to stand on a 35+ year old "record" because his actions since the Siwft Boat days would likely get him laughed out of the country, if not the defendant's seat at a war crimes trial.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvr2000stang
Holy crap he's right.
Ponycarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 06:11 PM   #11

It is a double standard, but isn't that what Kerry is all about? I have yet to hear him explain his position on anything without changing his mind 2-3 days later when people tell him what is bad about his opinion. Some people may disagree with Bush's policies, but at least when he makes a decision, it stays.
juice300x3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar