I'm sorry but this is just stupid - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-22-2004, 10:01 PM   #1
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I'm sorry but this is just stupid

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,129702,00.html

:thumbsdow :angryfire

I am about sick of the ACLU. They interfere on the stupidest things.

They waste our tax money on stupid lawsuits. Suing a Georgia County because they had Christmas in their December Calendar for the "Christmas Break"

Now this.

Why dont you put that money toward something useful and constructive.

The ACLU is pathetic.

I mean good grief its for a good cause. Just leave it alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

* End of Rant

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2004, 10:16 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
ACLU is retarded. I hate everything about it. It is destoying America faster than Michael Moore with a microphone and a soap box

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 10:15 AM   #3
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
Anti-Christian Liberals Union, isn't that what that stands for?
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2004, 01:36 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Falcon Send a message via MSN to Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon
booo
Full Stainless Magnaflow Exhaust, Stainless Longtubes/Off Road Y-Pipe, QTP E-Cutout, HP Tuners, Super Sucker Ram Air Kit, BMR Tunnel Brace/Driveshaft Safety Loop, Hotchkis Panhard Bar, Hypertech 160 Thermostat, CF Whisper Air Lid, Corvette FRCs, K&N, !AIR, !EGR
Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 06:04 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to damustangfan14
Quote:
The main offender is the latest version of Grand Theft Auto, which is said to be set on the streets of gangland Los Angeles and to be infused with all sorts of insidious racial stereotypes that can damage the minds of young players.

The Times is also shocked that sports games include African-American players. NBA Ballers, for example, features stars of the National Basketball Association ("most of them black") in one-on-one matches and "encourages players to experience a millionaire lifestyle off the court -- accumulating virtual cash that can buy mansions, Cadillac Escalades, yachts and attractive ‘friends.’ The style of play emphasizes a street-edged aggression, sizzling with swagger and showboating moves on the court."

The paper tracked down one Joe Morgan, a telecom executive in New York, who called the games "nothing more than pixilated minstrel shows" that are "dangerously reinforcing stereotypes."
Idiots.
damustangfan14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 06:05 PM   #6

Good one white stang. Right now they are fighting a law in the FL legislature that says any girl under the age of 18 has to have parents notified before having an abortion. If I had to sign a paper for a doctor to treat my son for a fractured elbow, why is it that the ONLY medical procedure NOT required to have parental consent is an abortion?
juice300x3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 06:13 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to KyleUSAF Send a message via MSN to KyleUSAF
ACLU

Kyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkshadow
I could say nothing for my complete awe. He then. confidantly, purchased the gallon.
KyleUSAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 09:46 PM   #8
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by juice300x3
Good one white stang. Right now they are fighting a law in the FL legislature that says any girl under the age of 18 has to have parents notified before having an abortion. If I had to sign a paper for a doctor to treat my son for a fractured elbow, why is it that the ONLY medical procedure NOT required to have parental consent is an abortion?
My view on Abortion:

If you dont want to get pregenant dont let some dude stick it up you.

Its really that simple.

Before someone posts about how Rape victims have no choice and what not well rape victims make up about .2% of abortions so dont even try to use that argument

Reddit
Old 08-23-2004, 09:55 PM   #9
Regular

Quote:
Teen motherhood statistics, abortions, contraception usage, and more.
The teen pregnancy rate declined 28% from 1990 (its all time high) to 2000, and declined another 6% between 2001 and 2002. But it's still too common and affects way too many teens. Here are some more statistics involving teen pregnancy.
Teen Pregnancy Statistics - Teen Pregnancies

Over eight hundred thousand teens become pregnant each year.
10% of women aged 15-19 become pregnant each year.
19% of women who are sexually active between the ages of 15 and 19 become pregnant each year.
34% of women get pregnant at least once before the age of 20.
The United States teen pregnancy rate has delcined 28% between 1990 and 2000.
78% of teen pregnancies are unplanned.
60% of teen pregnancies are in 18 and 19 year olds.
Teen pregnancies are much higher in the United States than any other developed country - double that of Canada and at least four times France and Germany.
Teen Pregnancy Statistics - Teen Contraceptive Use

80% of the decrease in pregnancy rate among sexually active teens is due to effective contraceptive use.
If a teen does not use contraceptives, she has a 90% chance of becoming pregnant within one year of becoming sexually active.
Approximately one in sex teen women combine two methods of contraception.
Contraceptive use in teens is most often the pill (44%) or the condom (38%).
Teen Pregnancy Statistics - Teen Births

13% of all U.S. births are to teens.
78% of births to teens are to unmarried women.
25% of teen moms have another child within two years of their first.
Teen Pregnancy Statistics - Teen Mothers

41% of teen moms complete high school.
1.5% of teen moms get their college degree by the age of 30.
A 1990 study showed that almost 33% of all teen moms and 50% of unmarried teen moms go on welfare within the first year of the birth of their first child.
Teen Pregnancy Statistics - Children of Teen Mothers

Children born to teen moms are more likely to be born premature and with a low birth weight - which raises the chance of disabilities.
Children of teen moms are 50% more likely to repeat a grade. They perform worse on standardized tests and are less likely to complete high school.
Daughters of teen moms are 22% more likely to become teen moms.
Sons of teen moms are 13% more likely to go to prison.
Teen Pregnancy Statistics - Teen Abortion

Nearly 40% of teen pregnancies end in abortion.
In 1996 there were approximately 274,000 abortions among teens.
The abortion rate among teens has been declining since 1980.

The stats are amazing. Teens are the biggest percentage of people having abortions.

Its sad

Reddit
Old 08-25-2004, 11:01 PM   #10

I don't really want to start an abortion debate, just an example of the dumb stuff the ACLU does. By the way, I am against abortion and my wife and I had our first child when we were 18. She finished high school, has a college degree, and we have never taken a dime of money from the government (except the child tax credit, and we only qualified for that the first year). We waited another 5 years to have another child. I wish that I had gone to school as well, but I am making as much as anyone has a right to expect in our area. Just bragging a little about overcoming adversity.
Old 08-26-2004, 08:40 AM   #11

Hey Brent,

Thanks for the invite. Nice place ya got here.

I got in a little trouble in the Army in 1973. Long story, but suffice it to say I needed some legal help. The ACLU provided me with a lawyer for free and he got me out of the trouble I was in. When I went home in '74 I kinda figured I owed 'em so I looked up the local chapter and joined. Two months later I rescinded my membership after realizing how anti-2nd Amendment these people are. I'm no gun freak particularly, but as liberal as I might've been in my youth, I have always been in awe of how complete and righteous our Constitution is and I still don't understand how the ACLU can justify its stands in a constitutional sense against guns and free exercise of religion. Obviously, it didn't take me long to figure out that American liberlism was a joke. If we'd have had the internet back then, it wouldn't have taken me near as long to come to that conclusion. You younger folks have a huge advantage in the ability to get good and truthful information and analysis. Looks like you're taking good advantage of it.

BTW, my first car was a '66 Cobra Kit convertible 'Stang. Man I loved that car! Let a friend keep it when I went in the Army and he totalled it. Still want another one someday.

Take Care,

BluesStringer
BluesStringer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 09:00 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I don't think the ACLU is taxpayer funded.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvr2000stang
Holy crap he's right.
Ponycarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 08:12 PM   #13

ACLU gets some private monetary backing, but most of what it does is pro bono work from volunteers. Makes me wonder what they are teaching in the law schools. Can't help but wonder if they are bringing in liberals, or turning them while they are there.
Old 08-26-2004, 08:28 PM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
If you look up teen pregnacy rates...Greenville, MS has the highest percentage based on population percentages. If a teenage girl in the public high school in my hometown doesn't have at least one kid, she's a rare type....
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar