so there i was.... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-25-2004, 11:02 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Send a message via MSN to Warfire80
so there i was....

My wife and were coming back from shopping, I was on I-295(loops around jacksonville) coming over the buckman bridge and I spot a/an 04' Silver Cobra cruising about 65-70. Now me being a mustang enthusiast, just like all of you, I want to get a closer look. I slide right next to him and look over and there was a guy in about his 40's driving, looked like his dad in the passenger seat and the wife in the back, they look over and wave, so I wave back. My wife is like your a mustang nerd, so I said hush it or no nookey for you tonight. For the next few miles or so, we just cruised next to each other, exhaust sounds bouncing off the median walls, and when it came time for me to get off the Interstate, we both just waved and went our separate ways. Now the reason I told this story was because, the only time I have ever been driving a car and get respect from another person that owns the same car. I think I am a mustang owner for life now.

Quote:
by Lawrence Bell
Show me a man who cannot bother to do little things and I'll show you a man who cannot be trusted to do big things
Warfire80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2004, 11:25 AM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to Black95GT
cool, I dont see many 03+ Cobras around here
2003 DSG Cobra -2.2L KB, 60lbs Injectors, Single Blade TB, SCT2400 MAF, Kook's LT's, Kook's High-Flow Catted X-Pipe, Magnaflow CB, JLT RAI, MGW Short-Throw, H&R Race Springs, MM CC Plates, MM Bumpsteer, BF IRS Brace, BF Idlers, and AFS 18 Chrome Reps w/ R888s
Black95GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 11:27 AM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
I must live in mustang Central I see every time of Stang around here. We have a really riced out mothers also. I need to carry a camera and take pictures of these RICESTANGS

Old 08-25-2004, 11:53 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
I must live in mustang Central I see every time of Stang around here. We have a really riced out mothers also. I need to carry a camera and take pictures of these RICESTANGS
2: :lame:
CaptHowdy5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 12:29 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to LuvMyGT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warfire80
My wife and were coming back from shopping, I was on I-295(loops around jacksonville) coming over the buckman bridge and I spot a/an 04' Silver Cobra cruising about 65-70. Now me being a mustang enthusiast, just like all of you, I want to get a closer look. I slide right next to him and look over and there was a guy in about his 40's driving, looked like his dad in the passenger seat and the wife in the back, they look over and wave, so I wave back. My wife is like your a mustang nerd, so I said hush it or no nookey for you tonight. For the next few miles or so, we just cruised next to each other, exhaust sounds bouncing off the median walls, and when it came time for me to get off the Interstate, we both just waved and went our separate ways. Now the reason I told this story was because, the only time I have ever been driving a car and get respect from another person that owns the same car. I think I am a mustang owner for life now.
That's a cool story man. There is an older gentleman that drives a 94-98 black Cobra with crazy loud exhaust that drives the same route home from Downtown OKC that I drive after I get off work. It's pretty cool. He parks in the parking-garage across the street from mine, and we literally pull out on opposite sides of the street at the same time almost every day and we just cruise home on the highway next to eachother (it's a 30 minute drive from the heart of downtown OKC to the suburbs). He lives a few blocks from me in the neighborhood down the street. We even help eachother out if one of us is about to get cut off by some slow dumbass in rush hour. He's a nice fella. I too am a Mustang owner for life.
LuvMyGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 01:15 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to V6STANG007 Send a message via Yahoo to V6STANG007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warfire80
...My wife is like your a mustang nerd...
haha that's great! My wife calls me a Mustang Whore, she says if I was female I would be f*ing every guy that drives a mustang. lol...I like your story and I can relate, I guess when u drive a Mustang u feels like u are part of a special group of people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
OK you are right!!! Maybe I am the Old Crazy One
V6STANG007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 01:23 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Nice, seems like every Cobra owner I see is in their 40's+ and they treat their cars nice.

On my way home yesterday I was on the freeway with my brother. This car flies over into the left lane, no signals or anything. It's this red porsche with this body kit on it. I was stuck behind him, so I got in the car pool lane to see who was driving. Apparently, it was this 50-58 year old man, balding, very short, driving this thing. What's the deal with old people driving expensive cars and treating them like ****? A few months ago I'm going along the freeway and the same thing happens, this guy just goes across all the lanes in traffic to the right lane. It was a BRAND NEW 2004 Dodge Viper, I pass it up and there's this old fart there with the giant brown shades.

Just unfair ;(

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 01:50 PM   #8
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph
Nice, seems like every Cobra owner I see is in their 40's+ and they treat their cars nice.
I have had that same experience myself for the most part. Since I have moved to Louisiana I haven't seen many (I know there are tons from svtperformance.com) but I just haven't seen many. In fact, only 1 and it was an 04 mystichrome. I love to chase down every mustang I see in my...not so much to race, but just to cruise next to. New, old, doesn't matter. The only ones I try to punk are those that are driven by punks with the ricer attitude that thinks their V6 is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Now, there are those V6'ers that love their car and take pride in it, but the ones I am talking about are on the same level as all the civic, etc, drivers that take off like they are going to smoke you even when you aren't looking to run. I love how they always turn at the next light so they won't have to look at me....it is even better when their chic is in the car with them.

Anyhow...enough rambling...but mustang owners do seem to have a definite comraderie...and it is great....oh, and I am only 28 with a cobra.
Old 08-25-2004, 11:10 PM   #9

We must be hiding all of them here. We have a Ford dealer in the town where I work that has 10 mustangs on the lot, and 6 of them are Cobras.
juice300x3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 11:15 PM   #10
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
When I bought mine, I went through 6 dealerships ranging from ohio, pa, and ny trying to find someone that had an alotment left to sell. It took 2 weeks to find a place to buy one at. Now, it seems like they are for sale new, and used, everywhere. It also seems like everyone that bought an 03 has sold/is selling/or traded it in on an 04. I am constantly reading on svtperformance.com about them being for sale...with thousands in mods. Must be beating the hell out of them and dumping them. Me, never getting rid of mine by choice.
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar