F-16's Night Fly - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-25-2004, 12:51 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Send a message via AIM to Hoover
F-16's Night Fly

My friend works out at the Illinois national gaurd, and they were doing some night flying. He asked me to come and watch, it was pretty cool. I have been considering going into the military, just not sure what branch. I like planes and love to fly so of course the airforce would be my first choice. Anyone here in the military, and can give me some advice?
Hoover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2004, 01:12 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
there are a lot of guys here who have some military experience. You'll get a lot of feedback I'm sure. I've always wanted to be a pilot too, I've been in love with F-14's since I was a kid. I was told I have to be good at math, which I'm horrible at... I've got a friend who's dad works at Edward's Airforce Base though... He helped make the F-22, right now here's on standby because the F-22 is finished and they are looking to get him on another team to work on another jet.

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 06:39 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
i wanted to go into the air force and fly the F18's. i took the asvab(sp?) and scored hella high and every branch was calling me like 3 times a day for a week. i was talking to the air force recruiter telling him what i wanted to do, and he asked for my current GPA and i told him its like a 2.8 and he laughed and asked "how the hell does a 2.8gpa kid pull so high on the asvab?" i just told him its a easy test, multiple choice is the easiest cause the answer is right in front of you, staring you in the face, it doesnt get much easier than that. he said that people who actually do the flying have gotten 4.0's all through school, and have dreamed about it their whole life. i dreamed about it but i always figured it doesnt matter your school gpa cause theyre gonna train you in what they want you to be trained anyways. guess i was wrong.

so im into cars. figure if i cant hit the afterburner button i can at least hit the nitrous button and get next to the same effect. plus you cant race f18's.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2004, 08:26 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Missouri
Send a message via AIM to 97Stallion Send a message via MSN to 97Stallion
Don't join the NAVY, join a realy branch like the Air Force. I'll see about getting some vids of F-16's taking off at night, it's pretty cool.

60' ~ 2.1, 1/8 ~ 9.61 @ 73.4mph
Living one day at a time!

DAMN Those are some old *** numbers!!! I need updated ones!!
97Stallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 08:49 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

dude, I didnt know you had four strips, ****. and I plan on joining the Airforce not the Navy. I just saw the F-16's take off lastnight with my friend who go tme on base.
Old 08-25-2004, 08:50 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Well they're not really bars, they're stripes

Old 08-25-2004, 08:53 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

coo, check the edit. How long have you been in the Military? Anyting I should know, cuz it looks like I am going to be joining.
Old 08-25-2004, 08:56 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

I've been in a little over 7 years, their's alot you should know, I need questions

Old 08-25-2004, 08:59 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

ok, well first how long is boot? how long will i have to be at tech school, where the hel is boot? where the hell is tech school? Am I going to be a completely different person after I get out? will i have to go into active duty right after i get out, cuz I would like to go to school after i get out, I want to get my bachelors so I could possibly fly. what am I to expect, I dont want to get lied to and not have a job that someone promises me?
Old 08-25-2004, 09:50 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
here is some info on the REAL air force http://afsoapbox.com/downloads/airforce.asf and this came from some of my friends in the AF and i take pride in the AF since my dad was 20 years retired and i plan to go in after college so i can go OTS plus basic is in my home town

In Texas? check out www.lonestarstangs.com
timpryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 11:18 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpryor
here is some info on the REAL air force http://afsoapbox.com/downloads/airforce.asf and this came from some of my friends in the AF and i take pride in the AF since my dad was 20 years retired and i plan to go in after college so i can go OTS plus basic is in my home town
that was pretty good. however I just want to know that I wont be shipped off right away or anything only cuz I want to go to school first. I dont mind going through Boot and tech school, its just a matter of I want to start my education.
Old 08-26-2004, 12:16 AM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Hrm I don't think they'd ship you right away or anything because you'd be flying an expensive machine..

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 04:48 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to .:DarkEntity:.
I work at NASA, and we have an airbase right next door. They do their training flights everyday... it's a nice sight. I always get to check out a pack of F16s flying around while I smoke a cigarette outside. Even seen a stealth fighter once... Then also seen some other fighter jet, but couldn't tell WTF they were.
.:DarkEntity:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 07:43 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Send a message via MSN to Warfire80
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97Stallion
Don't join the NAVY, join a realy branch like the Air Force. I'll see about getting some vids of F-16's taking off at night, it's pretty cool.
whats wrong with the navy? I enjoy it.

Quote:
by Lawrence Bell
Show me a man who cannot bother to do little things and I'll show you a man who cannot be trusted to do big things
Warfire80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 07:55 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Send a message via MSN to Warfire80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoover
ok, well first how long is boot? how long will i have to be at tech school, where the hel is boot? where the hell is tech school? Am I going to be a completely different person after I get out? will i have to go into active duty right after i get out, cuz I would like to go to school after i get out, I want to get my bachelors so I could possibly fly. what am I to expect, I dont want to get lied to and not have a job that someone promises me?
If you go enlisted: Navy boot camp is a little over 2 months long, make sure you get an "A" school for whatever you want to do after you complete boot camp, I am an Avaiation Machinists Mate and I do minor and major repair on jet, prop and helo engines(but not at the same time, depends on what orders you get) currently right now I work on P-3C Orions, before I worked on EA-6B Prowlers in Whidbey Island, Washington. You can get a college degree as an enlisted person, I get 100% tuition assistance, we have 5 colleges on base available, plus G.I. bill, but that is the same as marines, army, air force etc.....

If you want to fly: Go officer, need to talk to a Navy Officer recruiter, go to Officer candidate school, but you have to have a college degree if you plan to do any flying. Now you dont need one right off the bat, but you need to be finishing a degree within a couple years, but to be certain call a navy recruiter, he will give you the number to a officer recruiter.

its all up to you which service you want to go into and what career path you want to go with. so good luck in whatever you choose and if you have any more questions feel free to ask.

Quote:
by Lawrence Bell
Show me a man who cannot bother to do little things and I'll show you a man who cannot be trusted to do big things
Warfire80 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar