For Real This Time, Exhaust Clips - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-28-2004, 03:03 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
For Real This Time, Exhaust Clips

the ones that say "Good" in them are with the mic turned WAY down.. so you can actually hear what's going on... the other two give you an idea of just how damned loud this thing is in the back... I can't hear it at all unless I'm on the gas inside the car. I can feel it when it's on idle though.... plus, that's an actual authentic chicken in the back ground, actually, the chicken, to give you an idea, is about 3 feet from the mic... lol. (rooster to be technically correct)....

in other news, these things have an X over their icon, is that a bad thing?

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2004, 03:05 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Falcon Send a message via MSN to Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon
ssounds pretty sweet!
Full Stainless Magnaflow Exhaust, Stainless Longtubes/Off Road Y-Pipe, QTP E-Cutout, HP Tuners, Super Sucker Ram Air Kit, BMR Tunnel Brace/Driveshaft Safety Loop, Hotchkis Panhard Bar, Hypertech 160 Thermostat, CF Whisper Air Lid, Corvette FRCs, K&N, !AIR, !EGR
Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 03:10 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
ok, for people that like the sound of that exhaust, and don't already have duals, this is what I'm running.... 2.5'' pipe, true duals with a 2.5'' h-pipe... again custom, Magnapack mufflers (4'' diameter, 2.5'' inlet/outlet), under the rear axle, had a muffler shop custom bend me my tail pipes, and then 16'' long, 3.5'' tips 45 degree angle cut... that's about it. Basically a 100% custom set-up but easily reproducable... and if you like the way it sounds, I only spent $270 from stock to this. And it was all professionally done for me. I've got a CAI, but that goes without saying ... that's about it for the pipe I think. I should post a poll, GOOD or BAD? lol, vote now

Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2004, 03:42 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Virginia
Send a message via AIM to oaktonarcher
its nice, good job

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
You still have a quote in your sig from a guy that hasn't signed in in almost 2 years
www.DeltaArmsCo.com
oaktonarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 03:56 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

I can't stop listening to it... I went outside and started my car, got a chair, sat behind it, and just listened to it as it idled... my car finally rumbles

Old 08-28-2004, 04:08 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner
I can't stop listening to it... I went outside and started my car, got a chair, sat behind it, and just listened to it as it idled... my car finally rumbles
hahahaha thats funny , i did that when i first got my car actually

Quote:
You still have a quote in your sig from a guy that hasn't signed in in almost 2 years
www.DeltaArmsCo.com
Old 08-28-2004, 04:08 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

and a quick question, why do u have two diffrent stock v6 rims on your car?

Quote:
www.DeltaArmsCo.com
Old 08-28-2004, 04:17 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

lol, remember when it got fixed? Well I wanted my car back, and figured I was going to get a new set of rims anyway, so I just had him get one that fit and was the same size... I guess. We thought it was the right one until it got here, they never said it had that center cap... but yeah, it does... good job on the observation factor!!

Old 08-28-2004, 05:00 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

no more opinions?

Old 08-28-2004, 05:01 PM   #10
Road Trip!

Send a message via AIM to kaper232 Send a message via Yahoo to kaper232
YAY you did it!! You got the clips up... Good job!!
kaper232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 05:06 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

it wasn't my fault.... lol. The site wouldn't accept them the first time... after I remembered to actually try to upload them. I caught my mistake as soon as I hit post, and I was like MOTHER F_____ you can fill that in. And the rest of the time was waiting for the things to load. And then someone had already posted about me being stupid... and I was like, yes, I know this. But that's when it didn't accept them, but Brent fixed it, and now, you have them. I just want opinions from what other Mustang owners think. I know I like it, and I guess that's what really matters, but I take comfort in having other's opinions. My dad was like, that sounds means.... and then I floored it and he's like, ok, still damn loud too, lol.

Old 08-28-2004, 05:20 PM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

wow your dads cool, if i floored my car around my dad he would get kinda pissed off

Quote:
www.DeltaArmsCo.com
Old 08-28-2004, 05:27 PM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

he was happy it's quieter inside now... he doesn't care about outside really, especially since it's legal now... but he really likes it... I'm keeping my eye on him so he doesn't take my spare key and take it for a joy ride... watching my odometer too

Old 08-28-2004, 05:35 PM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

hahahaha yea my dad tends to "lose" his keys and take my car to work. but he helped me pay for it so its all good

Quote:
www.DeltaArmsCo.com
Old 08-28-2004, 05:37 PM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

my dad DID pay for my car

Old 08-28-2004, 05:45 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
same here
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 05:46 PM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Falcon Send a message via MSN to Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon
you all suck gotta pay for everything i want on my own
Full Stainless Magnaflow Exhaust, Stainless Longtubes/Off Road Y-Pipe, QTP E-Cutout, HP Tuners, Super Sucker Ram Air Kit, BMR Tunnel Brace/Driveshaft Safety Loop, Hotchkis Panhard Bar, Hypertech 160 Thermostat, CF Whisper Air Lid, Corvette FRCs, K&N, !AIR, !EGR
Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 05:55 PM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

I pay for all mods

Old 08-28-2004, 06:45 PM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

any more opinions on my exhaust?

Old 08-28-2004, 08:09 PM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy

Nice, I like the low tone to it. Friends along with my dad want me to go with flowmasters so it sounds like an old muscle car lol even though it's a V6 the flowmasters sound... I dunno what word I could describe it as. So we'll have to see, otherwise I'll just get the Magnaflows.

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 12:18 AM   #21
Legacy Member
Legacy

*chants* Magnapack... Magnapack... Magnapack....
seriously, as you can tell, a nice muffler, even though they don't do much. I do not have any back pressure really, but you've seen what it sounds like, and it sounds better in person. I've had 4 people today ask me how I liked my v-8 ... The guy at the muffler shop, after starting my car, and driving it up the ramps to the lift asked me if it was a 5.0 or a 4.6, and then proceeded to tell me he hasn't ever really liked Ford, but wouldn't mind owning a Mustang at all... that's when I told him it was just a 3.8, and he's like :O :O a v-6 is making that? hahaha, maybe he was just trying to boost my ego, but I think he was surprised at how ''jumpy'' the car can be when it's in gear and going up hill... It jumped up onto the ramp like it was no big deal at all and yeah, he enjoyed driving my car maybe a little too much. (this guy owns an older (50's) Chevy racecar that makes well over 600 HP)

Old 08-29-2004, 01:00 AM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy

lol sounds like he had fun, I can't wait to get my new computer so I can get the goods for my car.

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 05:22 AM   #23
Road Trip!

Send a message via AIM to kaper232 Send a message via Yahoo to kaper232
It sounds good Jimmy... and I was giving you **** bout not being able to post the files, I thought it was kinda and got a good laugh...

I am running a Flowmaster dual kit on my car, it sounds pretty good I suppose... I wish it was a bit louder though....
kaper232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 04:15 PM   #24
Legacy Member
Legacy

thanks... trust me, Magnapacks. VERY LOUD... lol.

Old 08-29-2004, 04:16 PM   #25
Legacy Member
Legacy

just so you guys know, the actual name is Brian

Old 09-09-2004, 10:04 PM   #26
Legacy Member
Legacy

bump for newbie.... he wanted exhaust clips.... this is mine

Old 09-10-2004, 03:46 AM   #27
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner
just so you guys know, the actual name is Brian
I don't get it. Why?
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 07:55 AM   #28
Legacy Member
Legacy

why what? do I have the name Brian?... lol. my sister's choice actually. My parents were thinking Ryan, so I can actually say my sister named me. Or ''jimmy_beaner"?... that came up in 8th grade, which was like 6 years ago. Maybe 7 now. And I was young, and foolish, and suddenly it popped into my head, and I really like that as a 'name' and e-mail address and all that. It's very easy to type quickly, people remember it, sure, maybe a little bit on the touchy side with the 'beaner' thing, but oh well.

Old 09-10-2004, 10:12 AM   #29
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
I was wondering why you had jimmy beaner as a name, when your name is brian.

But ok.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 10:25 AM   #30
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Missouri
Send a message via AIM to 97Stallion Send a message via MSN to 97Stallion
I think it sounds just ok. not bad though. It's better than having a fart cannon on your car or that sup'd up sewing machine sound!!!!

60' ~ 2.1, 1/8 ~ 9.61 @ 73.4mph
Living one day at a time!

DAMN Those are some old *** numbers!!! I need updated ones!!
97Stallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 02:59 PM   #31
Legacy Member
Legacy

yeah, I can't really get a good recording of it... but everyone loves it

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Tags
exhaust