Dumb kids and their civics.. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-28-2004, 08:13 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Cool Dumb kids and their civics..

Do they really think a lowered civic, black rims, and an exhaust pipe the size of a jet engine would really beat my stock mustang?

Haaaaaaaa no. Both at a red, he just pulled a U-turn like an *** and did it all fast like he was driving a real car. It goes green and I casually go forward, he's already behind at this point. So I figure he isn't going to be stupid and try anything on me. I look in my mirror and he starts coming up on me very quickly. He gets ahead of me slightly...... then I press my foot down on the gas and fly by him. After I proved my point, I let go of the gas and slowed down. He zooms by me thinking I'm still racing and his civic could really catch up to me. We both get at the red light, I look over at him and it's this dumb white kid with his hat on side ways listening to loud rap. I couldn't help but have this huge grin on my face knowing I whooped him without trying... oh, and a stock mustang too.

When I got home I pulled out the silencer on the intake, now I'm going outside to do touch ups on my car with this paint stuff I got. Anyone have recommendations for this btw? It's a Dupli-Color.. Scratch Fix 2 in 1. Got it from Autozone, I got the exact color, L2.. Suggestions please? I wanna do this while there is still light out.

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2004, 08:37 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

toooooooooo late, put it on. It's decent, but nothing like an original paint job without the small hints of scratches. LEss of an eye sore.

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Old 08-28-2004, 08:43 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Indiana
Send a message via AIM to Fishers Stang
what kind of scratch? could you feel it with your finger nail? the best way would be wet sand it down, touch up let it dry for atleast 30min, then re wet sand light over it, then buff out. if you can take pics..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2004, 11:36 PM   #4
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Send a message via AIM to Dom
Quote:
When I got home I pulled out the silencer on the intake,
Waste of time.
Old 08-28-2004, 11:56 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

uh........

and installed a super charger that runs on love.

Old 08-29-2004, 12:05 AM   #6
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph
uh........

and installed a super charger that runs on love.
Thats like 200hp right?

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 12:05 AM   #7
Regular

Removing it really doesnt make a difference but it doesnt really hurt either so if ya got it off then its no big deal just leave it

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 12:07 AM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

for a V6 yes

on Cobras it jumps it to over 900hp

I'm throwing it back on, I vaguely remember what the V6stangs comments on it were. I thought it raised it or at least made the engine sound louder or something good. Now I see it kills 5hp? Bah! X_x

Old 08-29-2004, 01:31 AM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
isnt the air silencer the dohickey that goes from the stock air box to the inner fenderwell?

wouldnt you want that to draw in the cooler air? a bunch of tbird guys do it as their first mods too, i never saw the point. though im not into fake mods, i bought me a K&N filter and a ebay integra CAI and made my own cold air intake system for the tbird. worked hella good too.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 02:22 AM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Eh, I read it wrong so oh well. How's the parts going for your Eclipse? You get your guages and everything?

Old 08-29-2004, 03:08 AM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

got the pod still waiting on the guages though. its been about 2 weeks, i might call the place monday(landspeedracing.com)and see whats up. i wanna say im in no hurry but then i look at this bare spot where these badass guages used to be and it just gets me anxious to get better ones.

besides, i will be starting my new project tuesday more than likely. im taking out the back seat and making a custom fiberglass enclosure to hold 2 12" subs, a component set, 2 6x9's, 2 amps(1 for subs and 1 for speakers). the tricky part will be making it form to the inside and still be able to take it out for the track if need be. im reading all the sites on how to custom do fiberglass boxes and it looks pretty straighforward. make the form of where the box is going to fit into by putting down aluminum foil. then paint on some fiberglass resin and some glass strands, peel that mold off. make some mdf sub and speaker rings and suspend them by dowels. take a piece of cloth and stretch it over the rings so it looks all formed. paint more fiberglass stuff on that cloth. after it hardens add a good 7 layers of fiberglass to it. then use a body filler and sand it smooth. primer, paint, clear and install.

i have 4 days off in a row and i hope to have her finished by friday. dont know about the subs that i will be using, more than likely audiobahn with the flames, reverse mounted so the coils show. audiobahn flamer amps, and another infinity component set, along with 2 6x9's that i will gaffle from the tbird.

sounds fun huh.

Old 08-29-2004, 03:30 AM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

sounds fun? Well.. actually yeah I bet it's going to look awsome.

Old 08-29-2004, 03:52 AM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

its gonna look a little like this

http://hem.bredband.net/perlii/galle...s-stereo/4.jpg

http://hem.bredband.net/perlii/galle...s-stereo/5.jpg

http://hem.bredband.net/perlii/galle...s-stereo/6.jpg

http://hem.bredband.net/perlii/galle...s-stereo/7.jpg

http://hem.bredband.net/perlii/galle...wpics/p2/8.jpg

Old 08-29-2004, 04:25 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Send a message via AIM to tealstangman
Damn that looks badass
Show:18x10 & 18x9 Bullitt Deep Dish Chrome Wheel's
295/35/18 & 265/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport PS2's
tinted windows, billet grill
tealstangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 05:06 AM   #15
Road Trip!

Send a message via AIM to kaper232 Send a message via Yahoo to kaper232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph
When I got home I pulled out the silencer on the intake,
I removed my silencer before I got my CAI.. Seemed like it hurt it more than it did any good...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseGSTdude
im taking out the back seat and making a custom fiberglass enclosure
That is a nice looking install... good luck with the fiberglass, I hate that stuff. You pretty much have a good understanding of it.. A LOT OF SANDING to get it smooth!! Just be patient and take your time and it will turn out nice.

Nice sig pic FISH, that dude does some cool artwork...
kaper232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 10:40 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseGSTdude
got the pod still waiting on the guages though. its been about 2 weeks, i might call the place monday(landspeedracing.com)and see whats up. i wanna say im in no hurry but then i look at this bare spot where these badass guages used to be and it just gets me anxious to get better ones.

besides, i will be starting my new project tuesday more than likely. im taking out the back seat and making a custom fiberglass enclosure to hold 2 12" subs, a component set, 2 6x9's, 2 amps(1 for subs and 1 for speakers). the tricky part will be making it form to the inside and still be able to take it out for the track if need be. im reading all the sites on how to custom do fiberglass boxes and it looks pretty straighforward. make the form of where the box is going to fit into by putting down aluminum foil. then paint on some fiberglass resin and some glass strands, peel that mold off. make some mdf sub and speaker rings and suspend them by dowels. take a piece of cloth and stretch it over the rings so it looks all formed. paint more fiberglass stuff on that cloth. after it hardens add a good 7 layers of fiberglass to it. then use a body filler and sand it smooth. primer, paint, clear and install.

i have 4 days off in a row and i hope to have her finished by friday. dont know about the subs that i will be using, more than likely audiobahn with the flames, reverse mounted so the coils show. audiobahn flamer amps, and another infinity component set, along with 2 6x9's that i will gaffle from the tbird.

sounds fun huh.
go to www.selectproducts.com and you will find every thing you need to do your custom enclosure and its all high quality stuff
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 04:44 PM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
a better mod is to do the following, take a knife, a large sharp one, and mark on your air silencer where the fenderwell hole is, and cut the silencer almost in half, but so it still sucks are from the fenderwell... what this does is give you a larger area to suck air through... yet it's still 'cold air'

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar