gay marrige poll - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

View Poll Results: gay marrige
yes it should be legal 13 30.95%
no it should not 29 69.05%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-08-2004, 11:02 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
As a little side note alot of you gusy mention religion and how its bad in gods eyes. But do you guys truelly know that theres about 10% of priest out there that ARE gay and still left to continue being a priest. So if its so bad why wouldnt the Christian/Catholic community bann these gay priest for being just that.

Times have change. If it doesnt effect your everyday lives why does it matter its not your personal bussiness whether a guy or gal wants to be that way. And yes people ARE BORN gay theres no ifs or buts around that.

I dunno maybe its cause Im from city and more open-minded to these things unlike most of you whom are from the south and southwest. (i really do believe that where your from is the mind set in that area)

Just remember this it took many years to get color folks like myself to get the rights we deserve. WIthin time the gays will get there justice

oh BTW for that person who says your rights is being violated cause you cant marry Meg Ryan. Your an idiot thats in no way comparable to this thread.
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2004, 11:10 AM   #37
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
NO but yes to civil unions
Agreed.
2003 SVT Lightning #1059 of 4270
2000 Vert 4R70W
Only buy from vendors that test and stand behind their products
slvr2000stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 11:17 AM   #38
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemustang
As a little side note alot of you gusy mention religion and how its bad in gods eyes. But do you guys truelly know that theres about 10% of priest out there that ARE gay and still left to continue being a priest. So if its so bad why wouldnt the Christian/Catholic community bann these gay priest for being just that.

Times have change. If it doesnt effect your everyday lives why does it matter its not your personal bussiness whether a guy or gal wants to be that way. And yes people ARE BORN gay theres no ifs or buts around that.

I dunno maybe its cause Im from city and more open-minded to these things unlike most of you whom are from the south and southwest. (i really do believe that where your from is the mind set in that area)

Just remember this it took many years to get color folks like myself to get the rights we deserve. WIthin time the gays will get there justice

oh BTW for that person who says your rights is being violated cause you cant marry Meg Ryan. Your an idiot thats in no way comparable to this thread.
First off The catholic problem has deeper issues. There are not enough priest for all the churches already and you throw out 10% of them you have a catastrophic problem with thousands of Parishioners without a place to worship and churches all over would close. The turning a blind eye to the gay priest and pretending it did not exist has caused this problem to become much bigger.

The Gay marriage issue is not being carried by the Minority organizations. A overwhelming number of Blacks do not support gay mariage. I watch a show on BET last week on this issue and Blacks and whites feel about the same way on this issue. Hispanics feel much stronger with nearly 85% gay marriage.

The fact is when you put the civil union in the mix it is something everyone can for the most part agree on.

Old 09-08-2004, 12:19 PM   #39
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
The catholic religion and other Christian religions have some very different beliefs. I'm a Southern Baptist..and in our Baptist Faith and Message we have stated that gay marriages is wrong. That any gay union is wrong. I stand behind everything said in this Faith and Message and will defend anything said otherwise. Yes, I'm from the South, born and raised here, but I've looked around at everything going on and formulated my opinions and religious beliefs from that research, not from just my upbringing. So, as far as that goes, where you grow up is not that big of a deal. There are just as many gays in the south as there are in north. I know of several ppl who are publicly gay, a few are even my friends. I may not agree with what they think and do, but I can still be friends with them and not judge them soley on that and refuse to have anything to do with them.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 01:19 PM   #40
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
ok, first off, you can't force anyone to marry you, not even Meg Ryan... that's illegal. They both want to be married, that's why that point is invalid... this is America, where we have the RIGHT to life, liberty and the PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS... so yeah, they DO have the right... that's in the Constitution, which is a founding document. The pursuit of happiness clause states if two persons wish to be married, they shall not be kept apart by reasons of social status, economic status, or racial status, and soon, sexual status will be added to that... I honestly believe. The pursuit of happiness without government interferance is what makes the USA so great. We don't need biggots that hate gays to stop them from being together. You won't stop gays from having sex... at least this way, with civil unions as a minimum, you will make them happy. And the country will get more tax revenue from it.

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 01:31 PM   #41
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner
ok, first off, you can't force anyone to marry you, not even Meg Ryan... that's illegal. They both want to be married, that's why that point is invalid... this is America, where we have the RIGHT to life, liberty and the PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS... so yeah, they DO have the right... that's in the Constitution, which is a founding document. The pursuit of happiness clause states if two persons wish to be married, they shall not be kept apart by reasons of social status, economic status, or racial status, and soon, sexual status will be added to that... I honestly believe. The pursuit of happiness without government interferance is what makes the USA so great. We don't need biggots that hate gays to stop them from being together. You won't stop gays from having sex... at least this way, with civil unions as a minimum, you will make them happy. And the country will get more tax revenue from it.
I agree with most of what you said but the sexual preference will not be added to the Constitution Period. You open pandora's box when you add sex to the pursuit of happiness. Next thing you know You will give legal status to the Man Boy love associations or the Sheep lovers of America. Sorry Gays dont need special rights. They have the same rights as we have. Marriage is between a man and a women. A civil union can be between any 2 consenting adults of any sex.
Old 09-08-2004, 01:39 PM   #42
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
you're right, it won't go to the constitution, but I do believe we'll have ''marriages'' between gays. If that's just a ''union'' so be it, it's still a bringing together legally of two people. And no, we won't ever have sheep lovers marrying sheep because that's ILLEGAL, lol. And I think even gays would agree that's pretty gross. Having sex with another person of the same sex isn't exactly illegal, as long as it's two consenting adults. Animal sex is illegal in every state I believe.

Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
Old 09-08-2004, 01:44 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner
Animal sex is illegal in every state I believe.
what about alabama?

j/k
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 02:06 PM   #44
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to V6STANG007 Send a message via Yahoo to V6STANG007

Quote:
OK you are right!!! Maybe I am the Old Crazy One
V6STANG007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 02:14 PM   #45
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 232stang
what about alabama?
j/k
Sorry in Alabama there is no animal sex but in California there is Gerbil sex BY GOD !!!!!

Dont go messing with Alabama unless your back end is Gerbilless

Well is it????
Old 09-08-2004, 02:40 PM   #46
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6STANG007

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 03:45 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Send a message via Yahoo to Dragon_Lady
N/a

:yank:
All Stock! getting ready for some minor mods: tinting, new bumper and/or bodykit, 3:73 gears, underdrive pullies, tires (they're getting bad) considering new rims. Oh ya- gonna chip it. Thanks for all your suggestions and time answering my questions guys!
Dragon_Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 04:02 PM   #48
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Dom
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkuzLS1
I don't care who anybody marries.
Neither do I.
Old 09-08-2004, 04:10 PM   #49
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: North Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Rick0636 Send a message via Yahoo to Rick0636
Gay sex not illegal? Well, maybe now its not, who knows, but it used to be, it was called stuff like sodomy, crimes against nature, oh they had all sorts of neat names for it, LOL.
Rick Kilpatrick, AAS Automotive Systems Tech, Alamance Community College, Class of 99. 06 5 speed manual Mustang with Pony pkg : GT Mac Mufflers, true duals with one custom pipe. 2.5" system. GT bumper cover, all installed March 7&8 2006. AFE Stage 1 CAI, Motoblue Underdrive pulley, GT aluminum shifter knob, honeycomb rear blackout panel,and dash kit installed. Roush hood scoop and side window louvers installed. SS taillight trim has been installed, new alum. GT steering wheel installed.
Rick0636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 05:20 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

sodomy wasent legalized until very recently
Old 09-08-2004, 06:29 PM   #51
Legacy Member
Legacy

sweetness, one of my points stood up against criticism.... I'm on my way!!

Old 09-14-2004, 06:41 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Sorry in Alabama there is no animal sex but in California there is Gerbil sex BY GOD !!!!!

Well is it????
wtf lol i guess
Old 09-19-2004, 06:09 PM   #53
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to KyleUSAF Send a message via MSN to KyleUSAF
God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkshadow
I could say nothing for my complete awe. He then. confidantly, purchased the gallon.
KyleUSAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 06:19 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Well is it????
i still dont get this
Old 09-19-2004, 06:25 PM   #55
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to dark Send a message via Yahoo to dark
^who says?

the bible was written by men, not god. and now there are hundreds or thousands of PRIESTS molesting little boys all over the world, and i'm supposed to listen to these people? to hell with them

on topic, i say let them marry, or have civil union. let them be miserable like the rest of us. religion is not a legal reason for homosexuals not to have a union status. the constitution states that the government shall not promote or endorse ANY religion, or ANY of ANY religion's specific beliefs. it's called the "seperation of church and state" clause. whether or not homosexuality is wrong doesn't matter. what matters is that religious beliefs are prohibited in lawmaking. so, saying that homosexuals aren't entitled to a union of some sort is discrimination, plain and simple

and as far as homosexuality being a choice, yes, for some, it is, but also, for some, the choice is taken from them

and it's been scientifically proven that there are gay animals. if you with, i can provide links
Old 09-19-2004, 07:19 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

:agree:
Old 09-19-2004, 07:42 PM   #57
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64
Quote:

Well is it????
i bought a gerbil at the petting zoo, if richard geer can do it i can too......
Old 09-19-2004, 07:47 PM   #58
Legacy Member
Legacy

I'm sorry...but there just aren't gay animals and no way to tell...you're wrong on that one. Noone is born gay, it is in how they are raised and what they believe. God would not have said homosexuality was wrong and then created homosexuals..just not possible. This is something that has always been around..just been "in the closet". It's just now they are all trying to get attention and trying to invade what has made this country so great to begin with, it's foundation on God.
Our's:
Old 09-19-2004, 07:58 PM   #59
Legacy Member
Legacy

again, how do you know GOD said homosexuality is wrong? did he come down from on high and whisper it in your ear? the bible was written by MEN. men are corruptible. priests in the catholic church have been molesting little children for who knows how long? should i trust those men not to distort messages from above? cuz that sounds like idiocy to me

and as far as gay animals, here's a link that proves YOU wrong: http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...gayanimal.html

furthermore, this country wasn't founded on GOD, it was founded by people who were tired of taxation by the king and CHURCH of the time. hence the "seperation of church and state clause" in the constitution
Old 09-19-2004, 08:02 PM   #60
Regular

Yea and lets see how long they last... not being able to reproduce must be a *****

I'm for civil unions, I still think its wrong but whatever

Reddit
Old 09-19-2004, 08:10 PM   #61
Legacy Member
Legacy

Hey Dark..to begin with...look at a dollar bill..what does it say across the back? I know on a 50 and a 100 (all i have in my wallet at the moment) it says "In God
We Trust". This proves the fact that the founding fathers founded this nation on Christian principles. As far as the whole Catholic Priests thing goes. I'm not Catholic. I can't speak for the Catholics. I'm a southern Baptist who believes the Southern Baptist Ideology. That's all I can attest to.
As far as the whole link you gave me :
"She argues that female macaques may enhance their social position through homosexual intimacy which in turn influences breeding success. Parish says, "Taking something that's nonreproductive, like mounting another female—if it leads to control of a resource or acquisition of a resource or a good alliance partner, that could directly impact your reproductive success." "
And if you're gonna argue that since we're evolved from apes we get the same characteristics like this guy did:
So how far can we go in using animals to help us understand human homosexuality? Robin Dunbar is a professor of evolutionary psychology at the University of Liverpool, England. "The bottom line is that anything that happens in other primates, and particularly other apes, is likely to have strong evolutionary continuity with what happens in humans," he said
Then I believe that you are just wrong there again. We are not evolved from anything period.
And the church and state are separated because the people didn't want to be forced to attend a certain church and give money to certain ppl. Taxation by the king had absolutely nothing to do with the separation of church and state clause. Sorry, you're wrong on that one.
Next?
Our's:
Old 09-19-2004, 08:12 PM   #62
Legacy Member
Legacy

And I never said the Bible was written by God or that he "came down and whispered it in my ear" as you put it. Instead, the Bible is God-inspired and human-written. It is believed through faith. It takes more to put your trust into something you can't see than just follow the crowd and do what they do.
Our's:
Old 09-20-2004, 09:10 AM   #63
Legacy Member
Legacy

i don't follow the crowd. i question whether or not child molesting priests can be trusted with ANYTHING. and since homosexuality has been around since before the time of christ, i really doubt that this molestation is a new thing. so you'll never convince me that the people that wrote the bible were really writing god's will, as opposed to their own

and you said "there aren't gay animals" i provided a link that proved that animals have homosexual intercourse and enjoy it, thereby proving you wrong on that count. their motives may of course be as varied and out of our understanding as human homosexual behavior is to a human straight male

now, understand this. i'm not gay, i agree that it's not right, and the thought of the acts it involves makes me nauseous. BUT BUT BUT, to deny them equal rights is discrimination any way you slice it. and as i've said before, the constitution specifically says that the government can not promote or endorse any religion. they can't show any favor to any denomination. so by extension, to me that means that religion should be left at home by our lawmakers (and everyone for that matter) forcing a religion on other people never turns out good. ever heard of free will? cuz that's in the bible too
Old 09-20-2004, 02:34 PM   #64
I liek gramer
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
I could have sworn this was a dead thread...

Oh well. It's still no good.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 05:38 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

this is why i didnt want anyone to post but heh
Old 09-21-2004, 07:32 AM   #66
Legacy Member
Legacy

oh, and you know that dollar bill you mentioned? you knowon the back, the pyramid with the eye floating over top of it? ... that is the symbol for the all-seeing eye of satan. so tell me again about this country being founded on christian principles

:shahrum:
Old 09-21-2004, 01:17 PM   #67
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to V6STANG007 Send a message via Yahoo to V6STANG007
Hey 232stang u should've told people to just vote and not post anything

Quote:
OK you are right!!! Maybe I am the Old Crazy One
V6STANG007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 01:18 PM   #68
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6STANG007
Hey 232stang u should've told people to just vote and not post anything
That would have been the smart thing to do.......

Reddit
Old 09-21-2004, 02:28 PM   #69

Send a message via AIM to 01mineralgrey6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 232stang
what do you guys think should it be legal or not. please dont post anything just vote.
He did
Old 09-21-2004, 03:01 PM   #70
Legacy Member
Legacy

yeh he did...we just can't help ourselves..i'm done though, no more posting on this from me
Our's:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar