gay marrige poll - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

View Poll Results: gay marrige
yes it should be legal 13 30.95%
no it should not 29 69.05%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-07-2004, 02:40 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
gay marrige poll

what do you guys think should it be legal or not. please dont post anything just vote.
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2004, 02:41 PM   #2
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I dont think it should be legal.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 02:42 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
I say no, should not be legal
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2004, 02:56 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1
I don't care who anybody marries.

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 02:56 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
NO but yes to civil unions
Old 09-07-2004, 02:59 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

I take that back, I'm with Danger Dude on that. No, but yes to civil unions.

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 02:59 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 232stang
please dont post anything just vote.
Old 09-07-2004, 03:00 PM   #8
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
NO but yes to civil unions
I'm down with that

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 03:12 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to V6STANG007 Send a message via Yahoo to V6STANG007
uh? I don't know what happened but I guess we are aloud to post now.
Civil Union=Marriage imo....so yes, let them get married white dress and all , lol

Civil union is recognizing their status as a couple so is marriage isn it?, what's the difference,just the name?. please correct me if I'm wrong. Now I am talikng about a civil marriage not a religiuos one. I don't think they should be aloud to marry thru the church, but taht has nothing to do with laws, that is just what the Bible says, no laws can change that.

Quote:
OK you are right!!! Maybe I am the Old Crazy One
V6STANG007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 03:15 PM   #10
I liek gramer
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
Quote:
so much for that. I say definite no to marriage. I'm undecided about civil unions, because I (imho, and i don't really care what you think about what i think ) think that a civil union makes it seem that it is ok, and imho, it isn't.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 03:16 PM   #11
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri
god created man and woman for a reason, its not right... so no.

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 03:16 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Old 09-07-2004, 03:18 PM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:

Quote:
Old 09-07-2004, 03:22 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6STANG007
YOU GUYS SUCK LOL
Old 09-07-2004, 03:23 PM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

How about someone just go through and delete all the posts...just leave the survey (brent) lol
Our's:
Old 09-07-2004, 03:27 PM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn
How about someone just go through and delete all the posts...just leave the survey (brent) lol
He shouldn't have to, unless someone decides to start bashing. let's prove we can have different opinions and not kill each other.

Quote:
Old 09-07-2004, 03:28 PM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1
If nobody posts, it'll slowly descend to the bottom...and be forever forgotten.

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 03:28 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6STANG007
He shouldn't have to, unless someone decides to start bashing. let's prove we can have different opinions and not kill each other.
yeah right thats what happens every time someone says somthing the everyone gets mad and then the thread gets locked
Old 09-07-2004, 03:29 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkuzLS1
If nobody posts, it'll slowly descend to the bottom...and be forever forgotten.
i would just bump it to the top
Old 09-07-2004, 03:39 PM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: North Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Rick0636 Send a message via Yahoo to Rick0636
I don't think it ever should be allowed under any circumstances. If they want some sort of paper work to give them legal rights, don't even call it or insinutate it is marriage at all. That is an insult to the institution of marriage.
Rick Kilpatrick, AAS Automotive Systems Tech, Alamance Community College, Class of 99. 06 5 speed manual Mustang with Pony pkg : GT Mac Mufflers, true duals with one custom pipe. 2.5" system. GT bumper cover, all installed March 7&8 2006. AFE Stage 1 CAI, Motoblue Underdrive pulley, GT aluminum shifter knob, honeycomb rear blackout panel,and dash kit installed. Roush hood scoop and side window louvers installed. SS taillight trim has been installed, new alum. GT steering wheel installed.
Rick0636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 04:58 PM   #21

Send a message via AIM to Md Boost
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkuzLS1
I don't care who anybody marries.
Md Boost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 05:05 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
The way I look at is like this. These are new times. WHat does it matter if they get married. There are gay priest out there so the religions itself have let it be. Why are people so uptight about it. How does two gay people have any affect in your lifes? None whats so ever so who cares let them be. Its there lives and there doing nothing differ then a man and women would do.
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 05:56 PM   #23
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Marriage is define as a Man and women joined in Holy Matrimony in the eyes of God

Civil Union is defined as a legal contract where a couple join in a legal union for the purpose of all rights a privledges as any union without prejudice of race, sex, creed or color.

Civil union brings all people into the benefits a married person has without the need of Religious justification
Old 09-07-2004, 06:03 PM   #24
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Falcon Send a message via MSN to Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon
no gay marraige
Full Stainless Magnaflow Exhaust, Stainless Longtubes/Off Road Y-Pipe, QTP E-Cutout, HP Tuners, Super Sucker Ram Air Kit, BMR Tunnel Brace/Driveshaft Safety Loop, Hotchkis Panhard Bar, Hypertech 160 Thermostat, CF Whisper Air Lid, Corvette FRCs, K&N, !AIR, !EGR
Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 06:19 PM   #25
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
and now we play the dictionary game ....

marriage

\Mar"riage\, n. [OE. mariage, F. mariage. See Marry, v. t.] 1. The act of marrying, or the state of being married; legal union of a man and a woman for life, as husband and wife; wedlock; matrimony.

Marriage is honorable in all. --Heb. xiii. 4.

2. The marriage vow or contract. [Obs.] --Chaucer.

3. A feast made on the occasion of a marriage.

The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king which made a marriage for his son. --Matt. xxii. 2.

4. Any intimate or close union.

notice carefully number 4. I wouldn't say I'm die-hard for gay marriages, but... you CAN'T have a gay marriage, why I say that is simple. If 'God' (for those who may not believe.... ' 's) says you can't marry a person of your same sex in His eyes, then how is it that our legal system can over-ride God?... I do, however, believe that those people should be allowed to show their union somehow. Be it a ''marriage'' certificate or not. If they need a peice of paper to prove how much they love each other, then why not let them have it? No self respecting church would marry them under the eyes of God.... and be able to not go to hell. I mean, we're all viewing marriage as a union under God, which defines itself as a man and woman. I doubt gay persons care if they're united under God. Most of them probably know the Bible doesn't agree. Most probably want legal marriage rights. And I agree with them. I don't think sexual orientation laws should stop you from getting the perks of being married, like a higher tax bracket... which helps the economy... this is another reason I think marijuana should be legalized. If the Government legalizes it, they can control/regulate it, AND tax it. You know how much tax profits would be off that? And think of how much we'd cut crime, (prostitution should be legal too ), back to the topic at hand... yeah, under the law's eyes, let them be married. God won't marry them, but they already knew that.... but why not just have them go to the courthouse, sign over the paper saying they're married, and be done with it?

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 08:05 PM   #26
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64
i dont think homosexuality is right for two reasons: 1. religion - I am a christian and it states in the Bible that homosexuality is wrong 2. common sense - you dont see male dogs screwing other male dogs in the butt, and humans have the same natural urges as dogs and other animals to reproduce with members of the opposite sex. homosexuality is suppressing natural urges and tendencies that everyone is born with (people are NOT born gay no matter how much they say they are). if nature intended men to stick there penises in other mens butts, there should be something to come out of homosexual intercourse (i.e. reproduction).
Old 09-07-2004, 08:47 PM   #27
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
this is true to some extent. And you do see male animals humping other male animals. The urge to have sex isn't just to have sex with females if you're a male... I was at my gf's house this weekend and saw her male dog humping her other male dog... that right there discounts your claim fast64. I'm not saying you're not right... of course mother nature eliminates those in our society that prefer to sleep with their own sex. That's called procreation of the species, or the species having more of the species. That's only possible with male/female interactions, so of course it's only natural we agree with that kind of set-up. male on male produces no new offspring, and neither does female-female, unless there's another male in there, in which case, you double your odds, hahaha. Maybe another reason three ways involving two girls and a guy appeal to most guys... deep down in their subconscious, their instincts are telling them it's better to ''get'' two females at once than just the one. We've come along way to stop this urge and realize that we're supposed to have ''one life partner'' but the urge to reproduce is still there. If it weren't, we wouldn't have so many people here. Survival of the species means we must reproduce at a high rate. That's not so true any more considering our technology and how long people are living, but when we were just starting out, and were still being hunted by lions and tigers, it would've been critical. That's how species go extinct.... they can't reproduce at the rate their population is falling... it's a logarhythmic effect... anyone that's had second semester of Calculus, Integral Calculus ending with differential equations (not differential Calculus which is Calc. 1, but rather set-up for Calc. 3) can tell you how a differential equation goes... if you don't have a minimum threashold to reproduce the species, it will go to 0 at t=infinity, but being as it's real life, that means extinction, since you can't have .00001 of a creature that's LIVING. But we've come to a stage in our species evolution where we can survive with gay people. We can have them reduced from our population and survive just fine.. it'd actually be GOOD for us as a species. We're running out of places to go. Countries are starting to dictate people can't have kids... only first born males are allowed to keep their testicles... many women are being forced to have tubal ligations so they can't have kids... this is most prevalant in China and other VERY over populated civilizations. What China needs is to stop having kids for awhile. If they had a generation that had no kids, they could drop from 1 billion + living there to probably 750 million. That may not sound like a lot, but it would relieve so many problems there. Death, famine, extreme starvation, disease all occur when over population sets in... and that's where we're heading as a world.

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 09:01 PM   #28
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to whipster24 Send a message via Yahoo to whipster24
I think that it is a state's rights issue but I don't think that it should be legal.

In other words, states should have laws against it but it the feds should keep out of things.

Marriage is between a man and a woman..

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
-Adolf Hitler, 1935
whipster24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 09:04 PM   #29
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to whipster24 Send a message via Yahoo to whipster24
and times may change, but right and wrong never do

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
-Adolf Hitler, 1935
whipster24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 10:26 PM   #30

I think they should be allowed to marry...EQUAL RIGHTS FOR EVERYONE.regardless of race, religion, or sexual preference...
sharong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 10:57 PM   #31
Legacy Member
Legacy

Marriage is supposed to be up to the states. I know in Alabama, it's 18 to be legally married, here in MS it's 21, in Arkansas it's like....4 maybe lol, no it's 15. But any law the government passes automatically overrides state laws.
\Mar"riage\, n. [OE. mariage, F. mariage. See Marry, v. t.] 1. The act of marrying, or the state of being married; legal union of a man and a woman for life, as husband and wife; wedlock; matrimony
That's how I believe...word for word...for life
Our's:
Old 09-07-2004, 11:07 PM   #32
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Indiana
Send a message via AIM to Fishers Stang
Quote:
Originally Posted by fast64
i dont think homosexuality is right for two reasons: 1. religion - I am a christian and it states in the Bible that homosexuality is wrong 2. common sense - you dont see male dogs screwing other male dogs in the butt, and humans have the same natural urges as dogs and other animals to reproduce with members of the opposite sex. homosexuality is suppressing natural urges and tendencies that everyone is born with (people are NOT born gay no matter how much they say they are). if nature intended men to stick there penises in other mens butts, there should be something to come out of homosexual intercourse (i.e. reproduction).
amen. I say No just because i am a good old kid form the land, u work your butt off for things you want, u find a girl, u get hitched, and have kids to farm the land that God has givin you, to help others. Sundays you go to Church the have a family dinner (thats at lunch time for you city kids) and NO work on sundays. its a day to thank God for your blessings and to have fun with your family. BUT I am who i am, u can be who you are. just dont make me mad, or try to make me who you are. http://www.cmt.com/artists/az/montgomery_gentry/artist.jhtml# that is a link to a new song go to the Vid about 1/2 way down and click on "you do your thing"
Old 09-08-2004, 12:00 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
They have the same rights in regards to marraige as everyone else. They can marry someone of the opposite sex.

If they don't want to do that then they can do what thousands of others do, not marry.

There is no right to marry someone of the same sex for anyone. So it's not like they are being denied a right. Oh wait, now you'll say they are being denied the "right" to marry who they want.

Well I want to marry Meg Ryan so frog march her *** to my house and make her do it.

Oh, wait, I can't do that? What about MY RIGHTS? boo f'ing who.

What if I want to marry my sister?

And my mother too?

Why can't I marry my dog?

Or my cat?

I thought faggotry was a private matter? Nope, now they wanna jam it down your throat with this attempt to pervert marraige. Yet another lie from the left.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvr2000stang
Holy crap he's right.
Ponycarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 12:29 AM   #34
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
i say let them get hitched. when theres 2 gay guys getting married, it just means somehwere theres 2 single chicks that arent getting any, leaving me a window of opportunity.

as for the marriage/religion deal, if it was truly horrible in gods eyes, wouldnt you think on their wedding day theyd get struck by lighning or something? besides, seeing on how ****ty the world is today, i really dont think if there was a god, that hes still hanging around waiting for us to blow the world up, hes long gone, prolly hangin with elvis on planet zoron or somethin.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 12:36 AM   #35

Send a message via AIM to 01mineralgrey6
Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseGSTdude
i say let them get hitched. when theres 2 gay guys getting married, it just means somehwere theres 2 single chicks that arent getting any, leaving me a window of opportunity.
:chin:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar