Legal advice? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-24-2009, 03:35 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas
Thumbs down Legal advice?

Okay, I need some legal advice... or if you want to read this story its probably worth the read since its kinda interesting and ****ed up. Sorry if the grammar and spelling is a bit ****ed up because I'm so furious I'm shaking.

Anyways, my fiancee has this HS friend who she grew up with and actually lived with for a year in an apartment as roommates. She now lives up in NJ and recently got engaged and had a baby. We met the guy once but he was a real deushbag and was a bit abusive mentally and physically.

So about a week ago we get a call from her saying that she was leaving her boyfriend and needed a place to stay before she went to Kentucky to stay with her parents for a bit. We said sure. However, because she recently gave birth and have been taking care of the kid (who is about 6 months or something), she was unemployed and had no money. So my fiancee sent her 80 dollars or something like that for a train ticket.

We get a call later that night saying that she got kicked off the train because she didn't have ID. They told her she could trade in the train ticket and she did for the one the next day. The next day comes and we get a call... she got an ID but she missed the train. She needed another train ticket for the day after and my girlfriend sent another 80 dollars.

We wait all day the next day and no call and she doesn't show up. The day after we get a phone call saying that her boyfriend and her got in a fight and she went to the hospital and he got a restraining order and he spent the night in jail. She said the good news is that she found a friend to drive her down to DC but she needs more money for gas. SO my fiancee sent her some more money (this time it was like 40 or something).

She doesn't show up again.

We investigate, call some friends, some family, etc and we find out that she has been doing this to everyone and has a heroin addiction. It completely blindsided my fiancee because she sounded legit on the phone and she never had a drug problem.

Basically, we want our money back. We were going to give her a month to get it back to us or else we will take her to court for the money we gave her plus some rent money and security deposits and then call child services.

So any advice, suggestions, etc is appreciated.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2009, 03:42 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Re: Legal advice?

I'm sorry to say but, if you take her to court it's just gonna cost you more money and time. She doesn't have a job, so she doesn't have any money to sue her for and she probly pawned off all her stuff already. I say just cut your losses and sever all ties with her. Your talking $280. It's gonna cost you more than that in time lost from work and legal fees

2006 Mustang GT lots of mods ex wife has it
1979 corvette stingray #'s matching 47K org. miles
1970Chevelle SS 454 big block Old School 500hp Sold
hottcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 03:43 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner

I hate to say it, but that was given as a gift... If it was a "loan" and she had given expectation to be paid back, you would have a case.

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2009, 04:01 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner View Post
I hate to say it, but that was given as a gift... If it was a "loan" and she had given expectation to be paid back, you would have a case.
she told us that her parents would reimburse us when they came to DC to pick her up.

anyways, my fiancee called up a friend who lived by her who is very large and intimidating. she scammed him too. one phone call later, she told him that he can come over and get his and our money back.

so i guess we might be getting our money back problem free, although I don't know if I should trust it since she doesn't have a very good track record.

Also, she scammed him because she told him that she needed money for baby medicine/shots or something. This ***** is ****ed up.

Old 01-24-2009, 04:08 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I feel you. it's the worst kind of betrail when it's your friend. I lent $700 to a former friend of mine. and never got it back. I ended up putting him in the hospital and still didn't get it back. I just cut my losses. plus it didn't feel right hurting him again.

Old 01-24-2009, 04:13 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hottcobra View Post
I feel you. it's the worst kind of betrail when it's your friend. I lent $700 to a former friend of mine. and never got it back. I ended up putting him in the hospital and still didn't get it back. I just cut my losses. plus it didn't feel right hurting him again.
Law by Louis.

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 04:14 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I'm a layed back guy, but you don't mess with my family or my money

Old 01-24-2009, 04:25 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hottcobra View Post
I'm a layed back guy, but you don't mess with my family or my money
x2

Old 01-26-2009, 10:46 AM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

Your pretty much ****ed !!!! Junkies will do whatever it takes and **** over ever friend and family member they can Like Louis said Cut your loses and remember

**** me once shame on you, **** me twice shame on me

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:36 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

your money is gone, add up all you lost and that sum is the amount it took to learn the lesson you did. Some pay far more and some pay far less to learn it. Be glad you learned it and you can move on. It is sad but you can not trust anyone...
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar