Why Bush said Major Combat was over in Iraq - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-08-2004, 12:39 AM   #1
Region: Tennessee
Why Bush said Major Combat was over in Iraq

I thought this was a very interesting article:

Originally Posted by Some NY Time Tard
In attempting to assist the faltering Kerry campaign, Krugman writes:

"If I were running the Kerry campaign, I'd remind people frequently about Mr. Bush's flight-suit photo-op, when he declared the end of major combat. In fact, the war goes on unabated."
As we know from the book, “American Soldier” by General Tommy Franks, the reason George Bush said major combat operations were over was Franks asked him to do so, as a signal from Franks to a long list of potential American allies. These allies had said when they heard the president say major combat operations were over, they would send troops to help America in Iraq. As Franks points out in his book, the allies stiffed us much more than anyone imagined possible.

After all, when you promise the general in charge of the war, it's fair to expect the promises to be kept. But not in Iraq and not promises to America.

To Krugman a fact like that makes no difference. Bush said it, so Bush must have thought it up and Bush must be held to blame even if there were good reasons for doing what he did. And the fact that allies backed out doesn't work in Bush's favor, in Krugman's world. It's just another thing to blame Bush for.

That's how Bush-hating works: You can hate him for anything and everything.

Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 01:42 AM   #2
Legacy Member
Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
That's how Bush-hating works: You can hate him for anything and everything.
so true. one of my coworkers was talking one day bad **** about bush. when i asked her why she was going to vote against him it was "cause hes a dum**** and a stupid hick and hasnt done anything good for the us", i then proceeded to tell her what he has done not just for the u.s., but what he has done to make the world a better place. then it was "oh he just went after saddam cause his daddy couldnt", holy crap never have i heard such a stupid statement, i then cleared my thoughts of bashing her head in."you do now that saddam used to test his chemical weapons on his own people right? is there any reason why a person like him should be in charge of a country?"

she is starting to realize the more i talk to her about "real world things" she is forgetting all the crap the "media" has fused into her mind. to her bush is still a dumbass and a stupid hick, but i told her "yeah he knows it too, hes said many times hes not the sharpest tool in his shed, but thats what makes him an honest man, and thats exactly who we need to run the country. Not some person that cant make up their mind themselves and will always have to turn to some sort of comittee for his point of views, when he doesnt have the integrity to out his belief in his own."

ill make a believer out of her yet.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar