And B.O.'s true color's begin to shine through - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-26-2009, 10:48 AM   #1
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
And B.O.'s true color's begin to shine through

Way to get off to a flying start.

American Legion Acknowledges That Obama Failed to Attend the Salute to Heroes Inaugural Ball | Cleveland Leader

Quote:
Barack Obama became the first U.S. president to skip out on the Salute to Heroes Inaugural Ball since its inception in 1953. The event recognizes recipients of the military's highest award - the Medal of Honor - and as The Cleveland Leader previously reported, over the past 56 years and 14 inaugurations, no President has failed to appear at this event until now.

Instead, Barack Obama chose to be in the company of Kanye West, Beyonce, Jay-Z, Kid Rock, Stevie Wonder, Mary. J. Blige, Usher, Faith Hill, Alicia Keys, Adam Levine, Shakira, will.i.am, Samuel L. Jackson, Sting, Mariah Carey, Leonardo DiCaprio, Sheryl Crow and Marc Anthony, amongst numerous other celebrities in attendance at the balls he did appear at.
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2009, 11:02 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Re: And B.O.'s true color's begin to shine through

From the same article:

President Obama was invited but did not attend. Vice-President Joe Biden did appear, however, and was very warmly received. The new President’s absence was understandable considering the unprecedented logistical challenges presented by the vastly increased number of visitors to this inauguration and the necessary attendant security measures. The American Legion, as an organization, does not feel offended or “snubbed.”

Obama did make appearances at 10 official balls on January 20, including the Neighborhood Ball, the Home State Ball for Illinois and Hawaii, the Commander-in-Chief Ball, the Youth Inaugural Ball, and the Home State Ball for Delaware and Pennsylvania. He and his wife Michelle finished up the evening with brief appearances at the Mid-Atlantic, Western, Midwest, Easter, and Southern Regional Balls.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I mean, I really don't give a flying **** where he partied at this weekend, and I'm not sure why anyone should, but If he did go to 10 different things in a single day, it probably just so happened he drew that one out of a hat as the one he didn't have time to go to. I'm sure the 47 people the ball was for are glad they didn't have to put up with 50,000 drooling obama fanatics crashing the party.
ThaWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:04 AM   #3
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Whether he went to 1 ball or 20 balls, the one honoring the troops should be #1 on the list to attend....
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2009, 11:10 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri

^^ +1
Old 01-26-2009, 11:12 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York

what did you guys excpect. this was how it was going to be no matter what.
oh and fyi everyone, obama wants to give every state their own right to chose their emmisions standards. undoing the federal law that bush created. somthing positive atleast. this was on the news about an hour ago.

lets pray he can help the economy. people are loseing jobs by the thousands.
The Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:13 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
Whether he went to 1 ball or 20 balls, the one honoring the troops should be #1 on the list to attend....
I suppose, though I have to wonder if the previous 14 presidents in attendance even remembered the guys names after they left or just used it as a baby kissing photo op. Not to mention that I have no idea what any of those other balls are and i'm not going to look it up, but its possible they were honoring soldiers at any of them as well. Just because there are celebrities in attendance doesn't automatically make it illegitimate.

Like I said, I don't really care either way, its just another piece of BS political journalism swayed to whichever guy is writing it.
ThaWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:34 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

he needs clones so he can do 1000 things at the same time
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:37 AM   #8

Region: Illinois

I dont care which balls he attended. Just stop wasting the taxpayers money having all the damn things in the first place. Stop playing around and get to work.
IceMizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:55 AM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

Quote:
I'm with you Rob !! Stop partying with the homies and honor the troops

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 01:44 PM   #10
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbstang View Post
I'm with you Rob !! Stop partying with the homies and honor the troops
I'm watching the thread where I snagged this story from on SVTP and I'm seeing a definite generation gap. The younger members, 25 and under, are all replying "Who cares" and things like that. The older members, upper 20s and up, seem to be replying in the same manner I did. It's an interesting study really.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:56 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

it's cause kids today don't know how good they have it. kids today don't grow up hard or poor. they think having a hard life is mom and dad won't buy them an Xbox or iphone. they don't know what the vets. did for them and they don't care. it's a sad day them you have a country that forgets that they are free and live the life they do because men and women died for that right.

I think the new chant is "God bless what's left of the USA"

2006 Mustang GT lots of mods ex wife has it
1979 corvette stingray #'s matching 47K org. miles
1970Chevelle SS 454 big block Old School 500hp Sold
hottcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 02:05 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

i agree with ya rob.

March 2010 Mustangevolution Mustang of the Month 1st eva biatch!
DarkShadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 04:23 PM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hottcobra View Post
it's cause kids today don't know how good they have it. kids today don't grow up hard or poor. they think having a hard life is mom and dad won't buy them an Xbox or iphone. they don't know what the vets. did for them and they don't care. it's a sad day them you have a country that forgets that they are free and live the life they do because men and women died for that right.

Very Well Said !!!! Our freedom to do all we do in this country was paid for in the lives of our Service men and women AND THEY SHOULD NEVER BE OVERLOOKED

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
Old 01-26-2009, 04:36 PM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to Aidan_04

got that right..

my poor old daddy is rolling in his grave cause of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGR View Post
^^^my fave V8 chick ^^^
Aidan_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 08:16 PM   #15
Regular

Region: Tennessee

George Bush pissed away 1 trillion dollars in Iraq that also cost over 4,000 soldiers. That's a great way to honor our military. But he made up for it by attending these balls I guess. Being a Republican sure helped too. Republicans will always ***** about Democrats and Democrats will always ***** about Republicans. It's an endless cycle that gets us nowhere.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 08:36 PM   #16
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

^^^ And obama is about to piss away 1 trillion in pork barrel bull**** of a stimulus package in his first month as pres...so...they are even.

The point is, who gives a **** who sent our boys somewhere, and who gives a **** why they were sent there....the point is, they answer the call of their president, went and fought for this nation, and fought valiantly...some paying with their lives. You don't blow the soldiers off just to go suck Jay Z's cock. You tell Jay Z to **** off and you go honor our soldiers. It is that simple...

But like I said, the under 25 group seem to mostly have the same opinion of how cares or "It's bush's fault". THere have been many more wars that Iraq, and many more actions where our men and women have fallen or earned the medal of honor....this was an honor of ALL winners, not just those from Iraq. WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Panama, Somalia, Iraq 1, Iraq 2, Afghanistan, Grenada, etc, etc. He basically spit in all their faces to be with his fellow celebs. I guarantee this will come up in 4 years during a debate....and he will have no answer for it.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:03 PM   #17
Regular

Quote:
^^^ And obama is about to piss away 1 trillion in pork barrel bull**** of a stimulus package in his first month as pres...so...they are even.
I agree. As it is again, just because I don't throw Obama to the wolves at every fleeting chance, does not somehow translate into me agreeing with him. I don't like the stimulus plan he has.

Quote:
The point is, who gives a **** who sent our boys somewhere, and who gives a **** why they were sent there....the point is, they answer the call of their president, went and fought for this nation, and fought valiantly...some paying with their lives. You don't blow the soldiers off just to go suck Jay Z's cock. You tell Jay Z to **** off and you go honor our soldiers. It is that simple...
Lots of people care when you needlessly deploy troops to war. I'm not quite sure how not attending a ball for a support the troops photo op is worse than sending our military to Iraq for reasons that were false. Our national security was not at risk.

Quote:
But like I said, the under 25 group seem to mostly have the same opinion of how cares or "It's bush's fault". THere have been many more wars that Iraq, and many more actions where our men and women have fallen or earned the medal of honor....this was an honor of ALL winners, not just those from Iraq. WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Panama, Somalia, Iraq 1, Iraq 2, Afghanistan, Grenada, etc, etc. He basically spit in all their faces to be with his fellow celebs. I guarantee this will come up in 4 years during a debate....and he will have no answer for it.
Yea, just like not saluting the flag cost him this election.....

Age doesn't have anything to do with whether or not you understand what the military is suppose to be used for. I don't think at any point I have been disrespectful to any troops serving. Questioning sending our troops to war is questioning politicians. Not troops.

My point is you send troops to war only as the last resort and only in cases where our national security is at risk. When you do it for any other reason, how are you somehow supporting the troops?

Republicans don't say anything when Republicans screw up but some of you on here are watching Democrats every move now and waiting for the chance to show us just how terrible they really are. Why not watch the Republicans with the same vigor and hold them to the same standard?

George Bush and every single Congressman that supported the Iraq war, knowing the shaky evidence and the lack of a national security risk, did more to undermine our troops and spit in their face than Barack Obama not attending a ball.

Reddit
Old 01-26-2009, 09:34 PM   #18
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Why not watch the Republicans with the same vigor and hold them to the same standard?
That is what the mainstream media is for.
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 09:39 PM   #19
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r View Post
That is what the mainstream media is for.
Republicans have an entire news channel devoted to kissing their ***.

Reddit
Old 01-26-2009, 09:49 PM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1

Quote:
Didn't W pass some bull**** stimulus package, too? Maybe that check I got wasn't real, after all...

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:07 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hottcobra View Post

that is so well put and just so you guys know i saw the stimulous package today. only 3 percent of that is to give money to the people and we will only see half of that before his first term is over. he wants to hold that to himself so this way inorder to receive the full amount well have to vote for him again. they are spending billions of dollars to fix the national parks, millions on changing gov..cars to hybirds and millions to change the computers in the social security office. i dont remember the rest but it just seems ridicoulous.

what he hell is is stimulating, what happened to the tax relief for the small buisnesses so we can create jobs. do you know over 70 thousand people lost their jobs today! now he saying that cuting taxes is not a good idea because it doesnt help the unemployed. dude thats not what you said when i voted for you!

sorry i went on for a bit, but its very disturbing. do you know that not us but BRAZIL has decided to spend alot of money to find oil and secure off shore drilling. what are we doing, making hybid cars. how willl that solve the problem, how we will become oil independent!?
Old 01-26-2009, 10:09 PM   #22
Regular

Building hybrid cars = greater MPG = less oil used. We don't need to be drilling for anymore oil, we need to start shutting down oil power plants and replacing them with Nuclear Power Plants. That'd be a good start.

Reddit
Old 01-26-2009, 10:17 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Building hybrid cars = greater MPG = less oil used. We don't need to be drilling for anymore oil, we need to start shutting down oil power plants and replacing them with Nuclear Power Plants. That'd be a good start.
they need to actualy learn to harness fusion power first. they put so little r and d into his in the past years that its years from being complete. till then your ok with realing on a russian dictator to decided when and if we can have oil? or your ok with paying terrorist conuntries *** loads of money for their oil when they would love to blow us up themselves?

why would it be bad to be independent. what happend to that america that was a powerful independent nation. we have become a nation that looks towards others. im not saying that a world ecomony is bad but shouldnt our number one priority be OURRRR country and its independence?? its just a thought. im personally sick of being at the mercy of other countries for oil and lets face it hybrid power, or fusion power isnt coming for a while.

lets get with the program america, lets actually help ourselfs and our people.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:23 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Republicans don't say anything when Republicans screw up but some of you on here are watching Democrats every move now and waiting for the chance to show us just how terrible they really are. Why not watch the Republicans with the same vigor and hold them to the same standard?

George Bush and every single Congressman that supported the Iraq war, knowing the shaky evidence and the lack of a national security risk, did more to undermine our troops and spit in their face than Barack Obama not attending a ball.[/QUOTE]

i agree and really who cares about the republican democate debate, all i want is a man to do the job. i dont care what party he belongs to or if he even belongs to one. lets face it, both parties have royally ****ed up in the past and that wont change. its not the parties that make a president be, its the president that makes the party. really its about the lesser of two evils always, because all politicians are just crooks in the end. the end game is about themselves, and if as a biproduct you get somthing out of it, then lucky us.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:27 PM   #25
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Cheema View Post
they need to actualy learn to harness fusion power first. they put so little r and d into his in the past years that its years from being complete. till then your ok with realing on a russian dictator to decided when and if we can have oil? or your ok with paying terrorist conuntries *** loads of money for their oil when they would love to blow us up themselves?
I'm not ok with any of that. I also know drilling for oil won't get us anywhere for at least 10 years. I'd rather the money spent on drilling for oil to be spent on finding more efficient ways to power our cars.

It's funny you talk about sending money to these terrorist countries when the reason people like Bin Laden, Sadaam Huessien and Iran's President are in power is because we either helped over throw one of their previous dictators or funded them against another enemy of ours.

Quote:
why would it be bad to be independent. what happend to that america that was a powerful independent nation. we have become a nation that looks towards others. im not saying that a world ecomony is bad but shouldnt our number one priority be OURRRR country and its independence?? its just a thought. im personally sick of being at the mercy of other countries for oil and lets face it hybrid power, or fusion power isnt coming for a while.
We can be independent from oil in more ways than just drilling for oil everywhere.

This country needs to embrace technology.

Quote:
lets get with the program america, lets actually help ourselfs and our people.
Let's.

Reddit
Old 01-26-2009, 10:34 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

It's funny you talk about sending money to these terrorist countries when the reason people like Bin Laden, Sadaam Huessien and Iran's President are in power is because we either helped over throw one of their previous dictators or funded them against another enemy of ours.

This country needs to embrace technology.

Let's.

i agree, ****ing bush man, the man was in league with the saudis and bin laden ISS saudi! why do you think they never caught him. come on im indian and we allllllll know where bin laden was, he was in karachi just chillen there. the rumor from that side of the world is that he died a while ago. but you think bush didnt know where he is. ofcourse he did, but because he wanted to invade iraq and then parts of afganastan just for the oil he needed pakistans air space and well if yah need their air space you cant declare them a terorist nation and you cant ask for them to give up bin laden! and any one who is informed knows that ALLLLLLL terorists are trained and actually come from pakistan!

and you know what obama is going to change all that. he made a point of it before he got elected and he said again yesterday. pakistan has alot of explaing to do with obama in power. and your right brent thats why all these bastards have the power they do today, because america put them there.

its a dam shame. though.....stil the best country on the earth!
Old 01-26-2009, 10:38 PM   #27
Regular

Republicans have a very bad habit of not embracing technology. This was made very very clear when Republicans nominated a guy that barely knew how to use a computer as their President.

Republicans still don't get it either. It sucks, cause Democrats will continue to keep winning until they do.

Reddit
Old 01-26-2009, 10:40 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Republicans have a very bad habit of not embracing technology. This was made very very clear when Republicans nominated a guy that barely knew how to use a computer as their President.

Republicans still don't get it either. It sucks, cause Democrats will continue to keep winning until they do.
its funny if i had to chose i would say im republican but i agree with you. they need to embrase that. the world is moving on man, get with it!! lol freaken we got gsm phones here 8 years after the rest of the world. what the hell!! lol
Old 01-27-2009, 08:22 AM   #29
Legacy Member
Legacy

Just to throw a wrench in the thread I heard a statement last night on a old Law & Order show " Democracic is the worest goverment in the world,Except for all the others "

Quote:
Old 01-27-2009, 11:23 PM   #30
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California

Quote:
oh and fyi everyone, obama wants to give every state their own right to chose their emmisions standards. undoing the federal law that bush created. somthing positive atleast. this was on the news about an hour ago.
BTW, this isn't necessarily a good thing. If every state has different emissions standards, it's going to cost automakers even more money because they would have to create vehicles to meet different standards. For some reason, I can't see them building a vehicle that would meet the toughest standards and then sell it everywhere. That would make too much sense.

95 GT- Sold
09 Hyundai Elantra Touring-new ride.
Looking for the next project car now
Scut95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 11:52 PM   #31
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scut95 View Post
BTW, this isn't necessarily a good thing. If every state has different emissions standards, it's going to cost automakers even more money because they would have to create vehicles to meet different standards. For some reason, I can't see them building a vehicle that would meet the toughest standards and then sell it everywhere. That would make too much sense.
State rights though. I do agree with giving states the right to choose their standards.

California does not have the same problems Alabama does.

Reddit
Old 01-28-2009, 07:07 AM   #32
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

isnt the general way things work is that the states get to be the guinea pigs and whatever works the best becomes federal law?

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 11:08 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina

as a Marine... that is ****ed up...
as some one who likes rap music and movies... id probably do the same. lol Shakira is smoking hot.

but first things first im a Marine so i would go there first lol.. then go get crunk

im getting there.
DaDant! is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar