curb check - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-10-2004, 04:15 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Send a message via AIM to charkelly9
curb check

Hey guys i was racing my friends 350 z and he made a sharp turn. I tryed to follow but didnt realize how much speed i was packin. My v6 slid into a big curb at like 40 to 50 mph. It was a huge jolt. I got out of the car and saw a large piece of my stock 16" rim in the grass. My tire however did not go flat. So i drove my car into the body shop today just to find out some hella bad news. This guys told me to get another stock 16 ford rim it would cost 300 to 400$.. is this riduclous.. i could buy aftermarket or replicas for much cheaper per wheel then jsut buy the set. (I was planning on gettin 17" wheels in the future anyway) then the bad news comes. He tells me my front left wheel is too far back inthe wheel well. He said something is probably bent (such as the axle or something) does anyone have an idea what this might cost to get fixed. I know i gave you limited info. but anyone had a similar experience. and should stock wheels cost 400$ thanks guys
charkelly9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2004, 04:32 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to whipster24 Send a message via Yahoo to whipster24
No they shouldn't just ask around for them. Or use the opportunity to get the 17s You can get GT take offs for a good price

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
-Adolf Hitler, 1935
whipster24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 04:48 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Virginia
Send a message via AIM to oaktonarcher
if you buy me a set of 17 tires for my rims ill give you my stockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
You still have a quote in your sig from a guy that hasn't signed in in almost 2 years
www.DeltaArmsCo.com
oaktonarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2004, 05:57 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
any one want to see his wheel
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wheel fu.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	3086  
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 06:04 PM   #5
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
OOOOOUUUCCCCH that really sucks!!
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 06:14 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Virginia
Send a message via AIM to oaktonarcher
oof dude, thats sucks but i dont think there worth 300 each

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
You still have a quote in your sig from a guy that hasn't signed in in almost 2 years
www.DeltaArmsCo.com
oaktonarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 06:16 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Here's an auction right here for what you need, just pull the center cap off your rim and put it on this one. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=43956
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 07:37 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
DUUUUDE, BUY THAT RIM.... AND I'LL TRADE YOU THE RIM I HAVE THAT DOESN'T MATCH MY OTHER 3, BUT MATCHES YOUR'S.... I'll trade you for the cost of shipping. I have your rim by accident from my accident. It was ordered, and the kid didn't check to make sure it was identical... so yeah, I have your rim, that one isn't the same as your's, but BUY it. I will trade you straight up man. You'll need to purchase a tire, but that's not much.

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 07:40 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
you have to buy a tire anyway. I wouldn't expect you to throw a new tire on that one for me, but if you'd get that rim, I will send you my rim for shipping costs. And I can promise you it matches your's.... I posted pics of my car on here, it's the passenger side front rim that doesn't match. The rim looks quite good to me. I don't believe there are any scratches on it, I can go look if you want me to. I'll even polish the ***** out of it before I send it .... I just want a matching set of rims, and don't wanna be stuck with one. If you make shipping free for me, I'll throw in 3 center caps that match your center caps... I paid $40 for them.

Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
Old 09-10-2004, 08:13 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Falcon Send a message via MSN to Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon
300 to 400 is way to steep
Full Stainless Magnaflow Exhaust, Stainless Longtubes/Off Road Y-Pipe, QTP E-Cutout, HP Tuners, Super Sucker Ram Air Kit, BMR Tunnel Brace/Driveshaft Safety Loop, Hotchkis Panhard Bar, Hypertech 160 Thermostat, CF Whisper Air Lid, Corvette FRCs, K&N, !AIR, !EGR
Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 08:38 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

yeah it is... buy that rim, and trade me, and it'll save you...

Old 09-11-2004, 09:55 AM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Pennsylvania
check http://www.stangparts.com if you don't see it on their website, call them. Thats what i did and I got 2 stock rims from them for around $80 each.

-Denver
2002 Mineral Grey GT, 5-speed: MGW short throw, JLT CAI: SOLD
2002 Electric Green V6, Auto: SOLD
greenpony02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 12:29 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Hey man anyone email me at charliekelly0504@hotmail.com if you can help or have ideas thanks
Old 09-12-2004, 12:46 AM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

right, but I don't wanna spend $80 if I don't have to, and then have a rim left over. It's the same rim the guy needs

Old 09-12-2004, 12:49 AM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

dude, buy the rim, I have the rim you need, that rim won't ever match your 3, but my 1 rim that doesn't match my other 3 matches your's, and that rim you're looking at matches my 3. All each of us would have to pay is shipping... and mounting, which you'd have to pay anyway. All you have to do is when the rim comes in, ship it my way... and when it comes to me, I'll mount the tire on it, get the other taken off, polish it up for you, and ship it your way. Hell if you wanna cut the cost of shipping on my side, I'll even give you some more center caps, which cost me $40 for the other 3

Old 09-12-2004, 12:52 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

hes going with gt take offs he told me
Old 09-12-2004, 12:53 AM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy

I thought he wanted a matching set?

Old 09-12-2004, 12:58 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

hes gonna buy all for duh
Old 09-12-2004, 01:05 AM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

I didn't know if he was going all 4, or just the 1 to match, and then 4 like later

Old 09-12-2004, 02:47 AM   #20
Road Trip!

Send a message via AIM to kaper232 Send a message via Yahoo to kaper232
My stockers are all effed up from rubbing curbs... but dude... your rim is EFFED UP BAD...

Could be worse though... Last night I was driving up and down the strip and seen this dude on a gixxer lift it up... seen his headlights come down and shake a bit... then I seen the dude go flyin off the bike into oncoming traffic... when the dude came down from the wheelie, he hit the median... now thats a sucky curb check... I stopped and called 911 for the dude, he was ok but a bit shook up, his bike on the other hand... got hit by a truck in the oncoming lane...
kaper232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 11:27 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

I'd rather get a set of gt take offs 17" wheels then buy another 16" wheel when i know im gonna upgrade my wheels sooner or later. Might as well do it now. What do you think is a fair price for gt take off wheels. and possibly the stock tires
Old 09-12-2004, 11:30 AM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy

another good example of why not to street race.

anyway, that is about the right price for Ford OEM new wheels. They are an aluminum alloy and thus they are fairly expensive. Just goto a junkyard and you'll be fine.

As for the bent axle, you may need a new tie rod, or ball joint, or worse... a new rack and pinion assy. If you sunk in the front tires, you're hosed. You're going to most likely need insurance to claim it as I can see it costing over $600 for the front end's damage.

Bottom line - Don't race a $30k car thru corners, you won't win without great suspension mods.
Old 09-12-2004, 03:16 PM   #23
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
At least you didn't do it with these on......
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 04:00 PM   #24
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Falcon Send a message via MSN to Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon
i would just look around sites or ebay or a junkyard for a used one it will look the same.
Full Stainless Magnaflow Exhaust, Stainless Longtubes/Off Road Y-Pipe, QTP E-Cutout, HP Tuners, Super Sucker Ram Air Kit, BMR Tunnel Brace/Driveshaft Safety Loop, Hotchkis Panhard Bar, Hypertech 160 Thermostat, CF Whisper Air Lid, Corvette FRCs, K&N, !AIR, !EGR
Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 05:14 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

hey guys i got my car back today and it was 1100$ he took 15 pecent off labor and parts fees cause hes my dads friends so the it was suppose to be 1300... the shock ,, control arm... and wheel.. 650.. labor 450.. yeah def. sucks.. i went with one stock 16 wheel.. cause cash is tight.. and i got a good deal on it.. 175... not bad.. it will work until i pay off the 1100.. and save for more.. hopefully this summer.. thanks for your imput guys
Old 09-15-2004, 06:03 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

all the mod cah you had is spent right there that sucks

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar