help me - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-12-2004, 01:01 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
help me

i1 need to summarize this poem
2 discuss any literary elements ietone diction similie metaphor symbolysm imagery

1. The Road Not Taken
TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,And sorry I could not travel bothAnd be one traveler, long I stoodAnd looked down one as far as I couldTo where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair,And having perhaps the better claim,Because it was grassy and wanted wear;Though as for that the passing thereHad worn them really about the same, And both that morning equally layIn leaves no step had trodden black.Oh, I kept the first for another day!Yet knowing how way leads on to way,I doubted if I should ever come back. I shall be telling this with a sighSomewhere ages and ages hence:Two roads diverged in a wood, and II took the one less traveled by,And that has made all the difference.
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2004, 01:23 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

any one
Old 09-12-2004, 01:24 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

there has to be some smart people
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2004, 02:57 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to steedav6builder
i hate these type of assignments. I had to do one last week in my composition 2 class for a poem. The symbolism is obviosly that the road is life. It seems that the road less traveled is the way of good, "Then took the other, as just as fair,And having perhaps the better claim,Because it was grassy and wanted wear". They use imagery to make the other road seem dark, "I stood And looked down one as far as I could To where it bent in the undergrowth". They use imagery when they describe something so well that you can close your eyes and picture it "And both that morning equally layIn leaves no step had trodden black". Stuff like that. I dont see any similies, comparison using the word like or as. The tone seems to be that the author is grateful for taking the road less traveled, "II took the one less traveled by,And that has made all the difference". i cant grasp the diction thing yet myself so i cant say anything about that.
'99 Electric Green Cobra, #2517 of 4040 Built on 5/12/99
'00 Lazer Red V6-Gone but not forgotten

Central Jersey Mustangs and Fords Member #4121
Mid -Atlantic Cobra Association Member #207
steedav6builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 03:31 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Falcon Send a message via MSN to Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon
i did an assignment on this last year, forget what the exact answer was tho
Full Stainless Magnaflow Exhaust, Stainless Longtubes/Off Road Y-Pipe, QTP E-Cutout, HP Tuners, Super Sucker Ram Air Kit, BMR Tunnel Brace/Driveshaft Safety Loop, Hotchkis Panhard Bar, Hypertech 160 Thermostat, CF Whisper Air Lid, Corvette FRCs, K&N, !AIR, !EGR
Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 03:39 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Mach1Blondie
Try using the effects of Frost's rhyme scheme...
Also... the use of repetition in the poem. Extensive use of the word "and" in the first Stanza shows the Traveler's indecisiveness. The poem shifts and there is much less repetition showing the Traveler's decision and that he is happy with his choice
Mach1Blondie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 06:19 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

k thanks evry one now i just got to write when i had to make a dessicion like that

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar