stupid racism... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-13-2004, 07:12 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
dark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 1,389
Send a message via AIM to dark Send a message via Yahoo to dark
stupid racism...

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...al_profiling_3

stuff like this pisses me off
__________________
I don't own a mustang at the moment
dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-13-2004, 07:16 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Region: California
Posts: 4,272
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 07:18 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Falcon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Region: Michigan
Posts: 1,438
Send a message via AIM to Falcon Send a message via MSN to Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon
i hate that too, its not really that common around here cuz people dont care too much but i can see where it would be a problem elsewhere, in another sense im sick of hearing some of the stuff because some of those that are claiming to be profiled are just out for easy money and were never treated that way in the first place
__________________
-Derek
1999 Trans Am WS6
Full Stainless Magnaflow Exhaust, Stainless Longtubes/Off Road Y-Pipe, QTP E-Cutout, HP Tuners, Super Sucker Ram Air Kit, BMR Tunnel Brace/Driveshaft Safety Loop, Hotchkis Panhard Bar, Hypertech 160 Thermostat, CF Whisper Air Lid, Corvette FRCs, K&N, !AIR, !EGR
Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-13-2004, 07:22 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
chips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 65
Send a message via AIM to chips
ah yes, an article written by a liberal crybaby.

racial profiling isn't exactly a bad thing. if an officer see's a suspicious looking black or mexican person in a lilly white neighborhood, he's gunna ask questions. the same goes for a white guy in a business suit who is in the ghetto.
i see mexican guys wearing bandanas driving old beat up cars through my neighborhood at 2 am... i've had all 3 of my trucks broken into - so who do i suspect? take a guess.
of course arab people were racially profiled after 9/11 - a group of arab people killed 3000 Americans, and you expect for people not to be suspicious of arabs?
racial profiling is not about racism at all.

racism is a seperate thing, and it's wrong. it always will be. it is wrong for a black person to get a ticket just because they're black. that has to do with an officer abusing his power.
__________________
Quote:
the only reason Dr. Dre produced "The Chronic" because the bible tells you to smoke lots of pot, and Oedipus used to blaze with the makers of Aqua Fresh tooth paste.
chips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 07:45 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Fishers Stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,507
Send a message via AIM to Fishers Stang
Quote:
Originally Posted by chips
ah yes, an article written by a liberal crybaby.

racial profiling isn't exactly a bad thing. if an officer see's a suspicious looking black or mexican person in a lilly white neighborhood, he's gunna ask questions. the same goes for a white guy in a business suit who is in the ghetto.
i see mexican guys wearing bandanas driving old beat up cars through my neighborhood at 2 am... i've had all 3 of my trucks broken into - so who do i suspect? take a guess.
of course arab people were racially profiled after 9/11 - a group of arab people killed 3000 Americans, and you expect for people not to be suspicious of arabs?
racial profiling is not about racism at all.

racism is a seperate thing, and it's wrong. it always will be. it is wrong for a black person to get a ticket just because they're black. that has to do with an officer abusing his power.
............people say i am mean or selfish.. well around here, its 99.9% white, just south of here its a diff story, so when a old beat up car with 93 plates (the first 2 #'s on the plates on cars showes what county there from) comes up to my town, 98.9999% of the time they will get stoped, and guess what.. THEY HAVE DONE SOMETHING WRONG, ither drugs, or tail light, speeding, or look like someone. BUT like wiz, if a white boys in a old beater with 93 plates they will get stoped also. that does not mean our cops are bad, that means that the town is safe, and very little crime is around here. ask Kaper, or Drumminstang Fishers is very safe. people piss me off when they feel that I need to bend over for them when they have not done anything to help the city, state or the USA. like welfair and food stamps.. grrr how hard is it to get a job, stay in school and you wont get pulled over for "being black" :fu2:
__________________
Charles
2006 F150 4x4 with the 5.4L V8
Fishers Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 09:07 PM   #6
I liek gramer
Legacy
 
WhiteStang99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Region: Florida
Posts: 8,537
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark
:yank:
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 09:41 PM   #7
Registered User
 
01mineralgrey6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,715
Send a message via AIM to 01mineralgrey6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishers Stang
............people say i am mean or selfish.. well around here, its 99.9% white, just south of here its a diff story, so when a old beat up car with 93 plates (the first 2 #'s on the plates on cars showes what county there from) comes up to my town, 98.9999% of the time they will get stoped, and guess what.. THEY HAVE DONE SOMETHING WRONG, ither drugs, or tail light, speeding, or look like someone. BUT like wiz, if a white boys in a old beater with 93 plates they will get stoped also. that does not mean our cops are bad, that means that the town is safe, and very little crime is around here. ask Kaper, or Drumminstang Fishers is very safe. people piss me off when they feel that I need to bend over for them when they have not done anything to help the city, state or the USA. like welfair and food stamps.. grrr how hard is it to get a job, stay in school and you wont get pulled over for "being black" :fu2:
Werd
__________________
-Tony
'99 cobra 'vert
01mineralgrey6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 09:59 PM   #8
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Since when was racism and racial profiling the same thing?
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 11:24 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Region: California
Posts: 4,272
dude the only reason to get pulled over is if your doing something wrong not just cause you have a messed up car and are in a white neighbor hood
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 11:28 PM   #10
Registered User
 
01mineralgrey6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,715
Send a message via AIM to 01mineralgrey6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 232stang
dude the only reason to get pulled over is if your doing something wrong not just cause you have a messed up car and are in a white neighbor hood
Right, there needs to be "resonable suspicion" (can't spell tonight) in order to make a lawfull stop
Im learning stuff
__________________
-Tony
'99 cobra 'vert
01mineralgrey6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 11:29 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Fishers Stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,507
Send a message via AIM to Fishers Stang
Quote:
Originally Posted by 232stang
dude the only reason to get pulled over is if your doing something wrong not just cause you have a messed up car and are in a white neighbor hood
like I said, they have done something wrong, its unlawfull to make a stop just on skin color or car type. 2:
__________________
Charles
2006 F150 4x4 with the 5.4L V8
Fishers Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 11:30 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Region: California
Posts: 4,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by chips
ah yes, an article written by a liberal crybaby.

racial profiling isn't exactly a bad thing. if an officer see's a suspicious looking black or mexican person in a lilly white neighborhood, he's gunna ask questions. the same goes for a white guy in a business suit who is in the ghetto.
i see mexican guys wearing bandanas driving old beat up cars through my neighborhood at 2 am... i've had all 3 of my trucks broken into - so who do i suspect? take a guess.
of course arab people were racially profiled after 9/11 - a group of arab people killed 3000 Americans, and you expect for people not to be suspicious of arabs?
racial profiling is not about racism at all.

racism is a seperate thing, and it's wrong. it always will be. it is wrong for a black person to get a ticket just because they're black. that has to do with an officer abusing his power.
racial profiling is a vert bad thing. and its not just the liberals that think this open your mind and relize that there are good people out there that are just poor.
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 11:31 PM   #13
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by 232stang
dude the only reason to get pulled over is if your doing something wrong not just cause you have a messed up car and are in a white neighbor hood
um driving around with a broken tailight is enough to get you pulled over.

Thats what Fisher meant.

You dont just get pulled over for driving a crappy car.

Get real man.

This is where the common sense comes in. You take Fishers post and you look at it. Do you really think he meant people get peopled over for driving crappy cars?

If you think the world is out to get you I'm sorry but they are not. No matter what Yahoo says they arent out to get you.
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 11:32 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Region: California
Posts: 4,272
i wasent talking about fishers post and yeah if your tail lights broken you should get pulled over but i was talking about chips post
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 11:34 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Region: California
Posts: 4,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by chips
i see mexican guys wearing bandanas driving old beat up cars through my neighborhood at 2 am... i've had all 3 of my trucks broken into - so who do i suspect?
thats what im talking about
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 11:34 PM   #16
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by 232stang
racial profiling is a vert bad thing. and its not just the liberals that think this open your mind and relize that there are good people out there that are just poor.
Wtf does poor have to do with racial profiling? White people are poor to!

Dude your not making any sense!

Open your mind and REALIZE the world is not out to get YOU just because your mexican, black, yellow, green or white.

Sure you have racist cops. Duh

Racial profiling and racism are not the same thing.

if two black guys rob a bank and the only description you have of them are two black guys wearing dark clothing driving a older style cadillac your going to be pulling alot of black guys over in cadillacs because they fit the description. Its not racism...

ITS COMMON SENSE
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 11:35 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Region: California
Posts: 4,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Wtf does poor have to do with racial profiling? White people are poor to!

Dude your not making any sense!

Open your mind and REALIZE the world is not out to get YOU just because your mexican, black, yellow, green or white.

Sure you have racist cops. Duh

Racial profiling and racism are not the same thing.

if two black guys rob a bank and the only description you have of them are two black guys wearing dark clothing driving a older style cadillac your going to be pulling alot of black guys over in cadillacs because they fit the description. Its not racism...

ITS COMMON SENSE
dude did i mention any race at all. i meant poor cause they are driving piece of crap cars
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 11:35 PM   #18
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by 232stang
thats what im talking about
What?

The fact that he made a valid point?
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 11:37 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Region: California
Posts: 4,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent

if two black guys rob a bank and the only description you have of them are two black guys wearing dark clothing driving a older style cadillac your going to be pulling alot of black guys over in cadillacs because they fit the description. Its not racism...
thats actually a reason to pull someone over. but thats not what were talking about. were talking about when people get pulled over simply for driving a piece of crap car and being of color in a rich neighborhood.
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 11:38 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
timpryor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 676
jesus christ the minoritys need to quit whining about racial descretion and realize that most of the racist ARE minoritys and well in SA white people ARE a minority.
__________________
"The LORD shall judge the people:judge me, O Lord, according to my righteousness, and according to mine integrity that is in me." PSALM 7:8

In Texas? check out www.lonestarstangs.com
timpryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 11:38 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Region: California
Posts: 4,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
What?

The fact that he made a valid point?
no he didnt. yeah real good point because the mexican guy is wearing a bandana he is suspicious of getting his car stolen. real great point im a mexican guy that wears bandanas and i have never stolen a thing.
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 11:39 PM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Fishers Stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,507
Send a message via AIM to Fishers Stang
WOW.. ok guys... all i ment was that people need to get a life, and not whine about ooo I am black or pink or yellow or brown, U looked at me the wrong way oo and your a cop I am going to call the news. look at Ohio..
__________________
Charles
2006 F150 4x4 with the 5.4L V8
Fishers Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 11:40 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Region: California
Posts: 4,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishers Stang
WOW.. ok guys... all i ment was that people need to get a life, and not whine about ooo I am black or pink or yellow or brown, U looked at me the wrong way oo and your a cop I am going to call the news. look at Ohio..
you made valid points its cool but chips just made very stupid comments
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 11:41 PM   #24
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by 232stang
dude did i mention any race at all. i meant poor cause they are driving piece of crap cars
Ok well I still think my points are valid.

Racial profiling is not bad to a extent.

Yes it can be abused, thats when it crosses over to racism. When you pull someone over JUST because they are black.

But when 3000 people die because 19 people of middle eastern decent hijack planes, its only common sense to screen those guys alittle harder at airports.

If your arguing pulling over someone just because the color of their skin is wrong then I agree.

But if your saying racial profiling is wrong then I disagree
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 11:42 PM   #25
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Fishers Stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,507
Send a message via AIM to Fishers Stang
Quote:
Originally Posted by 232stang
no he didnt. yeah real good point because the mexican guy is wearing a bandana he is suspicious of getting his car stolen. real great point im a mexican guy that wears bandanas and i have never stolen a thing.
.. we dont mess with mexicans here.. we only have 2 people that speek there lang. so we really dont "point them out" but when you drive down the street, in a Blue Crown vic with red and blue lights on the top and it reads POLICE on the side, and look over to the car next to you and see a guy light some weed up u have to ask your self WHY>???
__________________
Charles
2006 F150 4x4 with the 5.4L V8
Fishers Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 11:42 PM   #26
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by 232stang
no he didnt. yeah real good point because the mexican guy is wearing a bandana he is suspicious of getting his car stolen. real great point im a mexican guy that wears bandanas and i have never stolen a thing.
THAT WAS NOT HIS POINT!!!!

Good grief

His point was that if he sees two Mexicans driving around outside his house at 2 int he morning and his car keeps getting broken into at night, in a neighborhood where he knows they do not live in,

HE IS GOING TO SUSPECT THEM
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 11:43 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
chips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 65
Send a message via AIM to chips
Quote:
Originally Posted by 232stang
racial profiling is a vert bad thing. and its not just the liberals that think this open your mind and relize that there are good people out there that are just poor.
dude, i don't think you get it. my neighborhood is predominately white. we have numerous break-in's and thefts here. when i see a mexican guy driving around my neighborhood in an old beat up car at 2 am, im gunna be suspicious, and so are the cops.

im not saying mexicans are theives. my next door neighbor is hispanic, and he's a great upstanding guy, but when i see someone like i described driving around at 2 am, im pretty sure that they're just here to steal.
__________________
Quote:
the only reason Dr. Dre produced "The Chronic" because the bible tells you to smoke lots of pot, and Oedipus used to blaze with the makers of Aqua Fresh tooth paste.
chips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 11:43 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
timpryor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 676
jesus man this gets blown waaay out of proportion, especially the Arab thing your gonna hate all arabs because of a few extremist the you have to have all white people too because of the KKK.
__________________
"The LORD shall judge the people:judge me, O Lord, according to my righteousness, and according to mine integrity that is in me." PSALM 7:8

In Texas? check out www.lonestarstangs.com
timpryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 11:44 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Region: California
Posts: 4,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Ok well I still think my points are valid.

Racial profiling is not bad to a extent.
its very bad



Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
But when 3000 people die because 19 people of middle eastern decent hijack planes, its only common sense to screen those guys alittle harder at airports.
agree to an extent cause they are not all bad people. if they are gonna check arabs more then check evry one more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
If your arguing pulling over someone just because the color of their skin is wrong then I agree.
yep its wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
But if your saying racial profiling is wrong then I disagree
is a very bad thing
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 11:45 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
chips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 65
Send a message via AIM to chips
Quote:
Originally Posted by 232stang
no he didnt. yeah real good point because the mexican guy is wearing a bandana he is suspicious of getting his car stolen. real great point im a mexican guy that wears bandanas and i have never stolen a thing.
i never said mexican people steal. im saying that it's very unusual to see someone like that in my neighborhood - especially at 2 am. why are they here at 2 am? are they just taking a little thursday night cruise around town?

your arguments make absolutely no sense.
__________________
Quote:
the only reason Dr. Dre produced "The Chronic" because the bible tells you to smoke lots of pot, and Oedipus used to blaze with the makers of Aqua Fresh tooth paste.
chips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 11:46 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
timpryor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 676
nice thing about being in the country there hasnt been a break in in my town for at least 6 years partially because everyone knows everyone and everyone has a 12ga next to thier bed lol
__________________
"The LORD shall judge the people:judge me, O Lord, according to my righteousness, and according to mine integrity that is in me." PSALM 7:8

In Texas? check out www.lonestarstangs.com
timpryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 11:47 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
chips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 65
Send a message via AIM to chips
Quote:
Originally Posted by 232stang

is a very bad thing
please explain in detail why it's so bad. all you've done is make stupid little comments about it. i'd like to hear a good argument from you. dont just post an article someone else wrote, explain in your own words whats wrong with it.

i'll be back tommorow to see if you've come up with anything.
__________________
Quote:
the only reason Dr. Dre produced "The Chronic" because the bible tells you to smoke lots of pot, and Oedipus used to blaze with the makers of Aqua Fresh tooth paste.
chips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 11:50 PM   #33
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by 232stang
its very bad



agree to an extent cause they are not all bad people. if they are gonna check arabs more then check evry one more

yep its wrong

is a very bad thing
How the hell is racial profiling bad?

You do not believe that a cop has the right to pull a car over that has two black guys in it, in a say black Cavilier because 10 min ago two black guys robbed a bank in a black cavilier and thats the ONLY description they have?

So your basically saying that since that car has not broke ANY speedlaws and has everything working properly that the cop has to let him go, knowing that that could be the two guys that just shot a teller and took 40k dollars?

19 Middle Eastern guys hijack 4 planes and kill 3000 people.

You dont think that people coming over sees with names like Muhammad Jabbar need to be looked at extra carefully?

Its MY SAFETY and well being COMPARED TO SOMEONE BEING INCONVIENCED AT THE MOST IF THEY ARE NOT DOING ANYTHING WRONG
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 11:50 PM   #34
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Fishers Stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,507
Send a message via AIM to Fishers Stang
:argue:
__________________
Charles
2006 F150 4x4 with the 5.4L V8
Fishers Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 11:52 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Region: California
Posts: 4,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by chips
i never said mexican people steal. im saying that it's very unusual to see someone like that in my neighborhood - especially at 2 am. why are they here at 2 am? are they just taking a little thursday night cruise around town?

your arguments make absolutely no sense.
dude you said you would be suspicious of a mexican. and i said that its wrong just to be susp[icious of someone just cause they are mexican or any race
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
White Man Wins Racism Lawsuit Brent The Bar 5 08-23-2007 05:43 PM
Stupid Stupid Bonds bluemustang The Bar 8 02-07-2007 10:39 AM
does the humor outweigh the racism here? Kyle The Bar 15 07-15-2006 10:59 AM
Racism at its best Brent The Bar 11 01-05-2005 05:56 PM
Stupid stupid stupid!!!! lowflyn The Bar 10 10-23-2004 08:33 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



08:34 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.