stupid racism... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-13-2004, 07:12 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Tennessee
Send a message via AIM to dark Send a message via Yahoo to dark
stupid racism...

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...al_profiling_3

stuff like this pisses me off
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2004, 07:16 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 07:18 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Falcon Send a message via MSN to Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon
i hate that too, its not really that common around here cuz people dont care too much but i can see where it would be a problem elsewhere, in another sense im sick of hearing some of the stuff because some of those that are claiming to be profiled are just out for easy money and were never treated that way in the first place
Full Stainless Magnaflow Exhaust, Stainless Longtubes/Off Road Y-Pipe, QTP E-Cutout, HP Tuners, Super Sucker Ram Air Kit, BMR Tunnel Brace/Driveshaft Safety Loop, Hotchkis Panhard Bar, Hypertech 160 Thermostat, CF Whisper Air Lid, Corvette FRCs, K&N, !AIR, !EGR
Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2004, 07:22 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to chips
ah yes, an article written by a liberal crybaby.

racial profiling isn't exactly a bad thing. if an officer see's a suspicious looking black or mexican person in a lilly white neighborhood, he's gunna ask questions. the same goes for a white guy in a business suit who is in the ghetto.
i see mexican guys wearing bandanas driving old beat up cars through my neighborhood at 2 am... i've had all 3 of my trucks broken into - so who do i suspect? take a guess.
of course arab people were racially profiled after 9/11 - a group of arab people killed 3000 Americans, and you expect for people not to be suspicious of arabs?
racial profiling is not about racism at all.

racism is a seperate thing, and it's wrong. it always will be. it is wrong for a black person to get a ticket just because they're black. that has to do with an officer abusing his power.
Old 09-13-2004, 07:45 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Indiana
Send a message via AIM to Fishers Stang
Quote:
Originally Posted by chips

racial profiling isn't exactly a bad thing. if an officer see's a suspicious looking black or mexican person in a lilly white neighborhood, he's gunna ask questions. the same goes for a white guy in a business suit who is in the ghetto.
i see mexican guys wearing bandanas driving old beat up cars through my neighborhood at 2 am... i've had all 3 of my trucks broken into - so who do i suspect? take a guess.
of course arab people were racially profiled after 9/11 - a group of arab people killed 3000 Americans, and you expect for people not to be suspicious of arabs?

racism is a seperate thing, and it's wrong. it always will be. it is wrong for a black person to get a ticket just because they're black. that has to do with an officer abusing his power.
............people say i am mean or selfish.. well around here, its 99.9% white, just south of here its a diff story, so when a old beat up car with 93 plates (the first 2 #'s on the plates on cars showes what county there from) comes up to my town, 98.9999% of the time they will get stoped, and guess what.. THEY HAVE DONE SOMETHING WRONG, ither drugs, or tail light, speeding, or look like someone. BUT like wiz, if a white boys in a old beater with 93 plates they will get stoped also. that does not mean our cops are bad, that means that the town is safe, and very little crime is around here. ask Kaper, or Drumminstang Fishers is very safe. people piss me off when they feel that I need to bend over for them when they have not done anything to help the city, state or the USA. like welfair and food stamps.. grrr how hard is it to get a job, stay in school and you wont get pulled over for "being black" :fu2:
Old 09-13-2004, 09:07 PM   #6
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark
:yank:
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 09:41 PM   #7

Send a message via AIM to 01mineralgrey6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishers Stang
............people say i am mean or selfish.. well around here, its 99.9% white, just south of here its a diff story, so when a old beat up car with 93 plates (the first 2 #'s on the plates on cars showes what county there from) comes up to my town, 98.9999% of the time they will get stoped, and guess what.. THEY HAVE DONE SOMETHING WRONG, ither drugs, or tail light, speeding, or look like someone. BUT like wiz, if a white boys in a old beater with 93 plates they will get stoped also. that does not mean our cops are bad, that means that the town is safe, and very little crime is around here. ask Kaper, or Drumminstang Fishers is very safe. people piss me off when they feel that I need to bend over for them when they have not done anything to help the city, state or the USA. like welfair and food stamps.. grrr how hard is it to get a job, stay in school and you wont get pulled over for "being black" :fu2:
Werd
Old 09-13-2004, 09:59 PM   #8
Regular

Since when was racism and racial profiling the same thing?

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 11:24 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

dude the only reason to get pulled over is if your doing something wrong not just cause you have a messed up car and are in a white neighbor hood
Old 09-13-2004, 11:28 PM   #10

Send a message via AIM to 01mineralgrey6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 232stang
dude the only reason to get pulled over is if your doing something wrong not just cause you have a messed up car and are in a white neighbor hood
Right, there needs to be "resonable suspicion" (can't spell tonight) in order to make a lawfull stop
Im learning stuff
Old 09-13-2004, 11:29 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
like I said, they have done something wrong, its unlawfull to make a stop just on skin color or car type. 2:
Old 09-13-2004, 11:30 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

racial profiling is a vert bad thing. and its not just the liberals that think this open your mind and relize that there are good people out there that are just poor.
Old 09-13-2004, 11:31 PM   #13
Regular

Quote:
um driving around with a broken tailight is enough to get you pulled over.

Thats what Fisher meant.

You dont just get pulled over for driving a crappy car.

Get real man.

This is where the common sense comes in. You take Fishers post and you look at it. Do you really think he meant people get peopled over for driving crappy cars?

If you think the world is out to get you I'm sorry but they are not. No matter what Yahoo says they arent out to get you.

Reddit
Old 09-13-2004, 11:32 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

i wasent talking about fishers post and yeah if your tail lights broken you should get pulled over but i was talking about chips post
Old 09-13-2004, 11:34 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
i see mexican guys wearing bandanas driving old beat up cars through my neighborhood at 2 am... i've had all 3 of my trucks broken into - so who do i suspect?
thats what im talking about
Old 09-13-2004, 11:34 PM   #16
Regular

Quote:
racial profiling is a vert bad thing. and its not just the liberals that think this open your mind and relize that there are good people out there that are just poor.
Wtf does poor have to do with racial profiling? White people are poor to!

Dude your not making any sense!

Open your mind and REALIZE the world is not out to get YOU just because your mexican, black, yellow, green or white.

Sure you have racist cops. Duh

Racial profiling and racism are not the same thing.

if two black guys rob a bank and the only description you have of them are two black guys wearing dark clothing driving a older style cadillac your going to be pulling alot of black guys over in cadillacs because they fit the description. Its not racism...

ITS COMMON SENSE

Reddit
Old 09-13-2004, 11:35 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Wtf does poor have to do with racial profiling? White people are poor to!

Dude your not making any sense!

Open your mind and REALIZE the world is not out to get YOU just because your mexican, black, yellow, green or white.

Sure you have racist cops. Duh

Racial profiling and racism are not the same thing.

if two black guys rob a bank and the only description you have of them are two black guys wearing dark clothing driving a older style cadillac your going to be pulling alot of black guys over in cadillacs because they fit the description. Its not racism...

ITS COMMON SENSE
dude did i mention any race at all. i meant poor cause they are driving piece of crap cars
Old 09-13-2004, 11:35 PM   #18
Regular

Quote:
thats what im talking about
What?

The fact that he made a valid point?

Reddit
Old 09-13-2004, 11:37 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

thats actually a reason to pull someone over. but thats not what were talking about. were talking about when people get pulled over simply for driving a piece of crap car and being of color in a rich neighborhood.
Old 09-13-2004, 11:38 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

jesus christ the minoritys need to quit whining about racial descretion and realize that most of the racist ARE minoritys and well in SA white people ARE a minority.

In Texas? check out www.lonestarstangs.com
timpryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 11:38 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
What?

The fact that he made a valid point?
no he didnt. yeah real good point because the mexican guy is wearing a bandana he is suspicious of getting his car stolen. real great point im a mexican guy that wears bandanas and i have never stolen a thing.
Old 09-13-2004, 11:39 PM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy

WOW.. ok guys... all i ment was that people need to get a life, and not whine about ooo I am black or pink or yellow or brown, U looked at me the wrong way oo and your a cop I am going to call the news. look at Ohio..
Old 09-13-2004, 11:40 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishers Stang
WOW.. ok guys... all i ment was that people need to get a life, and not whine about ooo I am black or pink or yellow or brown, U looked at me the wrong way oo and your a cop I am going to call the news. look at Ohio..
you made valid points its cool but chips just made very stupid comments
Old 09-13-2004, 11:41 PM   #24
Regular

Quote:
dude did i mention any race at all. i meant poor cause they are driving piece of crap cars
Ok well I still think my points are valid.

Racial profiling is not bad to a extent.

Yes it can be abused, thats when it crosses over to racism. When you pull someone over JUST because they are black.

But when 3000 people die because 19 people of middle eastern decent hijack planes, its only common sense to screen those guys alittle harder at airports.

If your arguing pulling over someone just because the color of their skin is wrong then I agree.

But if your saying racial profiling is wrong then I disagree

Reddit
Old 09-13-2004, 11:42 PM   #25
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
no he didnt. yeah real good point because the mexican guy is wearing a bandana he is suspicious of getting his car stolen. real great point im a mexican guy that wears bandanas and i have never stolen a thing.
.. we dont mess with mexicans here.. we only have 2 people that speek there lang. so we really dont "point them out" but when you drive down the street, in a Blue Crown vic with red and blue lights on the top and it reads POLICE on the side, and look over to the car next to you and see a guy light some weed up u have to ask your self WHY>???
Old 09-13-2004, 11:42 PM   #26
Regular

Quote:
THAT WAS NOT HIS POINT!!!!

Good grief

His point was that if he sees two Mexicans driving around outside his house at 2 int he morning and his car keeps getting broken into at night, in a neighborhood where he knows they do not live in,

HE IS GOING TO SUSPECT THEM

Reddit
Old 09-13-2004, 11:43 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
dude, i don't think you get it. my neighborhood is predominately white. we have numerous break-in's and thefts here. when i see a mexican guy driving around my neighborhood in an old beat up car at 2 am, im gunna be suspicious, and so are the cops.

im not saying mexicans are theives. my next door neighbor is hispanic, and he's a great upstanding guy, but when i see someone like i described driving around at 2 am, im pretty sure that they're just here to steal.
Old 09-13-2004, 11:43 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

jesus man this gets blown waaay out of proportion, especially the Arab thing your gonna hate all arabs because of a few extremist the you have to have all white people too because of the KKK.

Old 09-13-2004, 11:44 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ok well I still think my points are valid.

Racial profiling is not bad to a extent.
its very bad

Quote:
But when 3000 people die because 19 people of middle eastern decent hijack planes, its only common sense to screen those guys alittle harder at airports.
agree to an extent cause they are not all bad people. if they are gonna check arabs more then check evry one more

Quote:
If your arguing pulling over someone just because the color of their skin is wrong then I agree.
yep its wrong

Quote:
But if your saying racial profiling is wrong then I disagree
is a very bad thing
Old 09-13-2004, 11:45 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
i never said mexican people steal. im saying that it's very unusual to see someone like that in my neighborhood - especially at 2 am. why are they here at 2 am? are they just taking a little thursday night cruise around town?

your arguments make absolutely no sense.
Old 09-13-2004, 11:46 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

nice thing about being in the country there hasnt been a break in in my town for at least 6 years partially because everyone knows everyone and everyone has a 12ga next to thier bed lol

Old 09-13-2004, 11:47 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

is a very bad thing
please explain in detail why it's so bad. all you've done is make stupid little comments about it. i'd like to hear a good argument from you. dont just post an article someone else wrote, explain in your own words whats wrong with it.

i'll be back tommorow to see if you've come up with anything.
Old 09-13-2004, 11:50 PM   #33
Regular

Quote:
its very bad

agree to an extent cause they are not all bad people. if they are gonna check arabs more then check evry one more

yep its wrong

is a very bad thing
How the hell is racial profiling bad?

You do not believe that a cop has the right to pull a car over that has two black guys in it, in a say black Cavilier because 10 min ago two black guys robbed a bank in a black cavilier and thats the ONLY description they have?

So your basically saying that since that car has not broke ANY speedlaws and has everything working properly that the cop has to let him go, knowing that that could be the two guys that just shot a teller and took 40k dollars?

19 Middle Eastern guys hijack 4 planes and kill 3000 people.

You dont think that people coming over sees with names like Muhammad Jabbar need to be looked at extra carefully?

Its MY SAFETY and well being COMPARED TO SOMEONE BEING INCONVIENCED AT THE MOST IF THEY ARE NOT DOING ANYTHING WRONG

Reddit
Old 09-13-2004, 11:50 PM   #34
Legacy Member
Legacy

:argue:
Old 09-13-2004, 11:52 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
i never said mexican people steal. im saying that it's very unusual to see someone like that in my neighborhood - especially at 2 am. why are they here at 2 am? are they just taking a little thursday night cruise around town?

your arguments make absolutely no sense.
dude you said you would be suspicious of a mexican. and i said that its wrong just to be susp[icious of someone just cause they are mexican or any race

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar