WOOOHOOO the AWB expired today - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-14-2004, 05:18 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
AK-47's arnt banned they just have to be semi auto

In Texas? check out www.lonestarstangs.com
timpryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2004, 05:49 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to chips
i think they might be banned. to be honest, ive never seen a true russian ak-47 in America except at the class 3 table at the gun show. i don't think any real ak-47's were made in semi-auto(don't quote me on this, because im not absolutely sure).

i do, however, see the semi-auto ak-47 clones all over the place. hungarian, and romanian ak's are quite common.
Old 09-14-2004, 05:52 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

true my uncle has an chineese SKS and he says he has an AK but who knows you may be right tim

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2004, 06:27 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

you can have ak's. im just saying that i think the actual ak-47 is banned. there are a lot of other versions and copies.
Old 09-14-2004, 07:01 PM   #40
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Bane-
yeh but armalite sold its rights to the ar15 to colt, toda ar15/m16 is born. I really think the US should adopt a new caliber yeh the .223 is nice and effective but we could use something with a lil more stopping power. all it is is a lil longer .22 with more powder.

I might save up some $ for a mini-14 want something decent and accurate enough i can pop some targets and/or groundhogs on my friends huntin property.
'89 Gt Hatchback H/C/I, 1.6 rockers, 75mm maf, 24lb, 70mm tb, cai, udp, full exhaust, msd ignition, 373s, Eibach Springs, Lakewood 50/50 rears, Adj Rear Control arms, A/C Delete, Smog Delete, EGR Delete,
Bane- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 07:07 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

i need to turn 21 or at least 18

Old 09-14-2004, 07:39 PM   #42
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Virginia
Send a message via AIM to oaktonarcher
i think im the only gun control activist here...:pnoid: i hope you dont shoot me:pnoid: :hippy: :beer: :drinkbud: have fun buying you own legal versions of WMD`s, and Bush is to worried about not gettin re-elected because of the NRA, which buy the way the nation head quarters is right down the street from me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
You still have a quote in your sig from a guy that hasn't signed in in almost 2 years
www.DeltaArmsCo.com
oaktonarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 07:41 PM   #43
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by oaktonarcher
i think im the only gun control activist here...:pnoid: i hope you dont shoot me:pnoid: :hippy: :beer: :drinkbud: have fun buying you own legal versions of WMD`s, and Bush is to worried about not gettin re-elected because of the NRA, which buy the way the nation head quarters is right down the street from me.
Do you have anyidea what the AWB restricted?

By the sound of your post you dont.

More Gun Laws arent the answer... enforcing the ones we have now is... duh

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 07:43 PM   #44
Regular

and Bush wouldnt renew the ban because he is afraid of not being re-elected... he wouldnt renew the ban because HE KNOWS IT DIDNT WORK

Reddit
Old 09-14-2004, 07:46 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

and its really not on bush's shoulders noone in congress voted to have it put back up.

Old 09-14-2004, 07:48 PM   #46
Legacy Member
Legacy

yea i know what it restriced, i did a whole debate on this last year and ended up #7 in my county. i know about the subject, i was mainly trying to rally things up. but it did make some things illegal which i think is important, 1)large clips (even though you ca buy then from b4 the ban) 2)a few guns were out lawed. i mean seriously when do you need a tec-9 in life or the or the tec-dc9? the are just bullet hoses, there not even accurate, but in close quarters they are hugh killers. theres just no need in my eyes.

Quote:
You still have a quote in your sig from a guy that hasn't signed in in almost 2 years
www.DeltaArmsCo.com
Old 09-14-2004, 07:49 PM   #47
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpryor
and its really not on bush's shoulders noone in congress voted to have it put back up.
he deff could have pushed it, he just didnt b/c of the NRA, he could have pushed it like his tax cut.

Quote:
www.DeltaArmsCo.com
Old 09-14-2004, 07:50 PM   #48
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
and Bush wouldnt renew the ban because he is afraid of not being re-elected... he wouldnt renew the ban because HE KNOWS IT DIDNT WORK
he said if it was brought to his desk he would renew it

Quote:
www.DeltaArmsCo.com
Old 09-14-2004, 07:53 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane-
yeh but armalite sold its rights to the ar15 to colt, toda ar15/m16 is born.
werd. i really didn't feel like going into that. they were still the original with the AR-10, though.

Quote:
I really think the US should adopt a new caliber yeh the .223 is nice and effective but we could use something with a lil more stopping power. all it is is a lil longer .22 with more powder.
i agree. .223 does do extensive damage to the human body when it tumbles around inside you, but if i were in a combat situation, i'd rather have a little more power. i'd really like to have something in .308 - like the AR-10 that i mentioned above.

the biggest plus to using .223 is that you can carry a lot of ammo without overloading yourself.
Old 09-14-2004, 07:54 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
he deff could have pushed it, he just didnt b/c of the NRA, he could have pushed it like his tax cut.
he could've, but he would've lost a lot of votes. he would've lost my vote if he pushed to renew it.
Old 09-14-2004, 07:56 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
i mean seriously when do you need a tec-9 in life or the or the tec-dc9? the are just bullet hoses, there not even accurate, but in close quarters they are hugh killers. theres just no need in my eyes.
actually they are quite accurate. a tec-9 is not a bullet hose. it functions the same as any other semi-auto pistol.
there is of course the full auto version, but not anybody is gunna be able to get it.
Old 09-14-2004, 08:02 PM   #52
Regular

Quote:
Why would he push something he doesnt agree with? The fact is it didnt work keeping the guns off the street in the first place so why waste time pushing for something that doesnt work?

Reddit
Old 09-14-2004, 08:04 PM   #53
Regular

Quote:
he said if it was brought to his desk he would renew it
News to me

Where did he say this?

Reddit
Old 09-14-2004, 08:05 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

he did say it.

of course neither he or congress did much to push for it being reinstated.
Old 09-14-2004, 08:07 PM   #55
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chips
actually they are quite accurate. a tec-9 is not a bullet hose. it functions the same as any other semi-auto pistol.
there is of course the full auto version, but not anybody is gunna be able to get it.
sorry i didnt mean the gun is a bullet hose but the trigger systems that can be had for it,legally will make it one. and some of those were banned in the act.

there was a case i used where a man bought two tec-dc9s and one 9mil went in to his lawyers office and killed 12 people and shot a few more before killing himself. i think , if i remeber it correctly, it was call a volcan trigger or a hell fire trigger or some thing running those lines. it was kinda like a R/T trigger for you paint ball people who use a Tippmann 98

Quote:
www.DeltaArmsCo.com
Old 09-14-2004, 08:12 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

yup, i know all about those trigger systems - the "gat", the "tac trigger", etc., etc...

they are rip offs. it is very rare to get one to work. you have to have an incredibly light trigger pull, and the trigger system has to be tweaked just right.
i read a story about the office killings. i didn't see any mention of a trigger system, but that doesn't mean he didn't have one.
Old 09-14-2004, 08:14 PM   #57
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Bane-
same thing goes for secondary weapons aswell chips, i wish they would bring back the colt m199a1 as the standard sidearm again or maybe the H&K USP or Mark23 socom. not to heavy and really good stopping power .45 ACP only down side to the 1911a1 only carries 7+1 shells. atleast the USP or mk23 holds 12+1. Yea the 9mm gets the job done but how many people are still on their feet after beeing shot by 1..2..3 slugs of one?
'89 Gt Hatchback H/C/I, 1.6 rockers, 75mm maf, 24lb, 70mm tb, cai, udp, full exhaust, msd ignition, 373s, Eibach Springs, Lakewood 50/50 rears, Adj Rear Control arms, A/C Delete, Smog Delete, EGR Delete,
Bane- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 08:18 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane-
same thing goes for secondary weapons aswell chips, i wish they would bring back the colt m199a1 as the standard sidearm again or maybe the H&K USP or Mark23 socom. not to heavy and really good stopping power .45 ACP only down side to the 1911a1 only carries 7+1 shells. atleast the USP or mk23 holds 12+1. Yea the 9mm gets the job done but how many people are still on their feet after beeing shot by 1..2..3 slugs of one?
yessir.

i dont have any experience with the barrettas they are issueing now, but i have used a few 1911's, and i think very highly of them. 45 has some balls to it.

my father used to have several of the colt 45's for his unit over in germany, and he hated them. he always told me that he would be better off throwing the gun at the enemy. he was very happy with the 9mm's they started using. he carried one in iraq, and he always spoke very highly of the barretta.

like i said, ive never used a barretta, but i really like the .45's ive used.
Old 09-14-2004, 08:24 PM   #59
Legacy Member
Legacy

i printed and read the whole case, i thnk i might try and post some of it, but anyways he used the tec to injure and the 9 mill to kill. and he did have these triggers systems on his gus ( the two tecs). i think im done debating this, i need to meet ppl in person to make it a good debate

Quote:
www.DeltaArmsCo.com
Old 09-14-2004, 08:39 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
i think im done debating this, i need to meet ppl in person to make it a good debate
i didn't know we were debating??? i thought we were just having a conversation.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar