2005 Mustang Info - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-14-2004, 09:54 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
2005 Mustang Info

2005 Ford Mustang Information

V6
The 2005 V6 Mustang will have a 4.0L SOHC V6 with 208 horsepower at 5250 RPM and 240 pound-feet of torque at 3500 RPM. They will come with standard 16" wheels. An Exterior Sport Appearance Package will be an option, and will include a rear spoiler and sport tape stripe on the lower rocker.

GT
The GT will have a 4.6L OHC 3V V-8 with 300 horsepower at 5750 RPM and 320 pound-feet of torque at 4500 RPM. They will come standard with a rear spoiler, but a spoiler delete option will be available. They'll have 17" wheels standard.

Cobra
There will be no SVT products in 2005. Cobra production is slated to begin in August 2006 as a 2007 model.

Shelby
There will be a Shelby Mustang in the future, but not in 2005. Ford has released no other information.

Tuners
The aftermarket tuners are currently developing their 2005 Mustangs.

Roush
The 2005 Roush Mustang was unveiled September 1, and program executives expect the Stage 1 and 2 models to arrive at Ford dealer showrooms this fall. With a new front bumper and a lower chin spoiler and splitter, the front end design of the new Roush Mustang is well connected to its racing heritage. Roush has created multiple options for the buyer on the functionality of the front fascia openings.

“The intent on these openings was to allow our customers to turn these openings into fog lamps, brake ducts, cold air intake outlet or simply black them out. We support all of these options through our aftermarket parts program,” said Larry Parker, President of Roush Performance.

To complete the front-end design, Roush added a hood scoop that was reminiscent of his days as a driver.

“I pulled the hood scoop from my collection of old Mustang hoods. I pulled one (hood) that I had stored away from a ’69 Mustang. I sat it next to the clay model as a constant reminder of what my favorite Mustang scoop looked like,” said Roush.

Lowered by 1-inch, the new Roush Mustang has an aggressive stance on its newly designed 19-inch wheels and performance tires.

Roush designed a side rocker molding to complete the lower design theme. Although a visual trademark of the Roush Mustang for years, the side exhaust option will not be available due to package envelop constraints.

“There were only a couple of inches of clearance for us to work with on the rocker panels. Instead of risking the design with functionality issues, we decided to enhance the rear bumper treatments,” said Roush.

From the standpoint of true Mustang tradition, the fastback rear design treatment from the factory plays more favorably into the Roush design theme than any other Mustang aftermarket designer.

For the Mustang’s rear design treatment, Roush adds: an aggressive rear wing, a nostalgic quarter window scoop, a rear bumper treatment with the Roush brand name embossed between the custom exhaust tips.

Roush will begin production on the 2005 Mustang in November 2004.

Shinoda
Shinoda will offer two models, one being a Stroker Edition with the engine stroked to 302 or 310ci. Roush will unveil theirs on September 1, and there will be 10 different 2005 Mustangs at the SEMA show, November 2-5, 2004 in Las Vegas.

Saleen
Saleen is expected to unveil their 2005 Mustang at the SEMA show in November, where there will be as many as 10 aftermarket Mustangs on display.

Convertible
The 2005 Mustang convertible will seat four, just as every Mustang convertible has. Production begins in February 2005. There are spy photos of pre-production models below. I believe the 2005 Mustang convertible will be unveiled at the 2005 North American International Auto Show.

Stripes
Rocker panel stripes will be available with the V-6 Sport Package just as they have for 10 years. Racing stripes on the hood, roof, and decklid will not be an option.

Transmission
A five-speed manual transmission is standard (T-5 for the V-6 and Tremec 3650 for the GT), but for the first time, a five-speed automatic transmission is available.

Interior
The all-new 2005 Ford Mustang will feature a Delphi-produced industry-first color-configurable instrument cluster so customers can light their gauges in any of 125 unique colors. Instrument gauges can be subtly or dramatically illuminated in the new 'Stang, using three light-emitting diodes (LEDs). But it's not just red, green and blue, like crayons from a box. The colors combine to provide six preset shades – green, blue, purple, white, orange and red. Innovative "light pipe" technology then steps in and allows '05 Mustang owners to mix and blend these six shades for up to 125 custom-colored backgrounds. The six-gauge cluster, with selectable-color backlighting, will be available as an option on the base and GT model of the 2005 Mustangs.

Interior Upgrade Package
The Interior Upgrade Package will include satin aluminum instrument panel trim, leather-wrapped steering wheel, satin aluminum-plated shift lever on cars equipped with automatic transmission, bright polished rings around A/C vents and gauges, leather-wrapped shift knob on cars equipped with manual transmission, satin aluminum-plated door handles, MyColor feature (see Interior section), message center, satin aluminum door sill scuff plate with bright Mustang lettering insert, and Dark Charcoal Aberdeen pattern front door panels.

Interior Color Accent Package
The Interior Color Accent Package includes red leather sport bucket seats, red interior door trim, and red floor mats. It will only be available with Dark Charcoal interior and Interior Upgrade Package.

Stereo
Delphi is also providing four other products on the new Mustang including the intrusion and inclination sensor module, smart electrical distribution center, 6 CD in-dash audiophile radio and the Delphi passive occupant detection system. Two Audiophile systems are available in the Mustang, a Shaker 500 with 500 watts of peak power and the Shaker 1000 with 1000 watts. On cars equipped with either system, each door has its own subwoofer in a ported enclosure. This allows the door-mounted woofers to produce more "thump" than if they were housed in the bare door. The 1000-watt version adds a mounted, ported enclosure in the trunk that includes two more subwoofers.

Both systems include an in-dash six-CD changer that has the capability to play discs with MP3 computer files. This allows customers to play as many as 200 compressed music files from one disc, making the Mustang’s six-disc changer capable of becoming its own jukebox with more than 1,200 songs, or 60 hours of music.

In the trunk, the subwoofer enclosure for the 1000-watt system takes up significantly less space than in the last Mustang. Computer-aided engineering enabled developers to keep its interior volume the same (to produce the same bass) while taking up less usable space in the trunk.

Safety
Side air bags will be an option. ABS with traction control will be optional on V6 and standard on GT.

Delivery Dates
The 2005 Mustang will be on dealer lots beginning September 29, 2004, but they won't be everywhere until November. Convertible production begins in February 2005.

Engines

4.0L SOHC V-6

202 hp

4.6L SOHC 3v V-8

300 hp

Prices

V6 Deluxe

$19,410

V6 Premium

$19,995

GT Deluxe

$24,995

GT Premium

$26,330

COLORS:

Black – Legend Lime – Mineral Gray – Performance White – Redfire – Satin Silver – Screaming Yellow – Sonic Blue – Torch Red – Windveil Blue

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/time...5/05/index.htm
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2004, 10:10 AM   #2
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
sounds awesome. I can't wait to see some of these in person. I hope I'm not driving the first time I see one, I'm liable to run off the road...
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 10:19 AM   #3
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteStang99
sounds awesome. I can't wait to see some of these in person. I hope I'm not driving the first time I see one, I'm liable to run off the road...
Yeah same here, I think I am gonna head up the the ford dealership and take a look at it, i might be able to get a test drive cause i got to know a guy up there pretty good back when i almost got the 99
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2004, 10:22 AM   #4

Send a message via AIM to 01mineralgrey6
ooooooh Mineral grey :leghump1:.... just might have to upgrade to a new GT when i get done with school
Old 09-14-2004, 01:56 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64
only a couple more days!!!
Old 09-14-2004, 04:16 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Tennessee
Send a message via AIM to dark Send a message via Yahoo to dark

i'm likin those prices too

Old 09-14-2004, 04:24 PM   #7
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Dom
They are getting there on the V6. The coolest thing so far is, it's gonna have the suspension to back it up. It's night and day compared to the Fox.
Old 09-15-2004, 07:26 AM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to dark Send a message via Yahoo to dark
did they switch to a modular v6? or are they still using the pushrod?
Old 09-15-2004, 08:23 AM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Man, I can't wait for a test drive...my 02 is paid off...I might have to look into a GT...
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 08:54 AM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Indiana
Send a message via AIM to Fishers Stang
Sweet...
Old 09-15-2004, 12:25 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Hey fishers, is that your wig wag system? Or are those strobes?
Our's:
Old 09-15-2004, 12:44 PM   #12
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark
did they switch to a modular v6? or are they still using the pushrod?
Modular

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 12:50 PM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Rellik Send a message via Yahoo to Rellik
The thing that really ticks me off, is why arent side Airbags standard equiplent in all cars by now? Of course they're helpful, why not make it a standard thing?
Rellik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 12:57 PM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

They may be helpful some of the time..but from a rescue/fire dept standpoint, and correct me if I'm just crazy here fishers, we can't stand them. If a car is rear ended, or a front collision takes place and occupants are trapped inside, the fear of the side airbags going off is one of the greatest fears approached. When you unhook the battery, there is still plenty of charge stored up to make those airbags go off, and when one of those go off into emergeny personel in the vehicle helping the victims, only bad things happen. I know a front air bag went off on one of the guys in my dept at a wreck and ended up hurting the victim because it threw the fireman onto the victim, who was already hurt and trapped in the car. That's what really concerns me about these new side airbag systems...
Our's:
Old 09-15-2004, 01:11 PM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn
They may be helpful some of the time..but from a rescue/fire dept standpoint, and correct me if I'm just crazy here fishers, we can't stand them. If a car is rear ended, or a front collision takes place and occupants are trapped inside, the fear of the side airbags going off is one of the greatest fears approached. When you unhook the battery, there is still plenty of charge stored up to make those airbags go off, and when one of those go off into emergeny personel in the vehicle helping the victims, only bad things happen. I know a front air bag went off on one of the guys in my dept at a wreck and ended up hurting the victim because it threw the fireman onto the victim, who was already hurt and trapped in the car. That's what really concerns me about these new side airbag systems...
Or if it was a side impact, you wouldnt have to worry about the corpses.

Yes, they are exploding pillows, and it adds one more thing to the list of things to go wrong in an emergency situation. But If that pillow will save a consumers life.

The thing is, until we come up with a better and safer method of collision protection, wouldnt you want your family, friend or spouse to have as much protection as possible?
Old 09-15-2004, 02:05 PM   #16
I liek gramer
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
i think we need to get the whole foam stuff like from that movie Judge Dredd.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 02:11 PM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteStang99
i think we need to get the whole foam stuff like from that movie Judge Dredd.
My exact thoughts Stop reading my mind
Old 09-15-2004, 04:05 PM   #18
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The thing is, until we come up with a better and safer method of collision protection, wouldnt you want your family, friend or spouse to have as much protection as possible?
I think you'll be seeing a 3-point seat belt in cars in another 10 years.
Old 09-15-2004, 04:15 PM   #19
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri
arent they 3 point right now?

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 04:22 PM   #20
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

Dammit! Four point. I was riding in a old car today.
Old 09-15-2004, 05:48 PM   #21
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
mmm mmm fresh meat............

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 07:26 PM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
very true, but side bags in a car does not realy help that much, there is little to no room. SUV's they should come no matter what... i hate my front 2 let along more then that. just my thought tho.
Old 09-15-2004, 07:30 PM   #23
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Hey fishers, is that your wig wag system? Or are those strobes?
strobes, but sence i cant have a .AVI as my sig, me and Kaper took some shots (tried to) of the strobes and flashed them. if you look in the backu can see diffrent cars. haha he did a hella good job tho. they are brighter and faster in life, here is a vid of them that night,
Old 09-15-2004, 09:32 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I was talking with one of the other father's at my daughter's soccer practice today. Found out he was the manager at the local Ford dealership. Asked him when the 05 Stangs were coming. You shoulda seen him, he knew the question was coming and I take it he gets asked alot.

He doesn't know. When to a demo drive session in San Antonio a bit ago, an 05 was supposed to be there, but it wasn't. Promised me a great deal if I wanted one.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvr2000stang
Holy crap he's right.
Ponycarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 11:42 PM   #25
Legacy Member
Legacy

The wreck I was in (pictured here) was a side impact of sorts. The front air bags never went off and it was too old to have side impact bags. I think that the addition of side impact bags would have done nothing but mess me up even more than I already was. BTW, I was the passenger in this. Just my .02 cents on this and my personal experience. The air bags in my stang went off on a minor fender bender and did me absolutely no good, just went off and made my car stink. I sat there and watched them inflate and deflate..end of story lol. I'm sure there are many many ppl with stories of how air bags saved them..but most wrecks I come up on, air bags either don't go off, or the ppl weren't wearing seat belt and ended up being ejected from the vehicle.
Our's:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Tags
2005 mustang