Ricer gets owned thread on OrlandoForums.com - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-04-2009, 03:19 PM   #36

Region: Florida
Send a message via Yahoo to rugedraw
Re: Ricer gets owned thread on OrlandoForums.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaWill View Post
That isn't at all the same, that guy was pulled over for breaking the law, and the video was used as supplemental evidence to verify his top speed, and I'd assume it was confiscated at the time of his traffic stop. He also freely admitted in the article to being the guy that made the video.

The cops didn't just see the video on youtube and go out and arrest the guy. He was already stopped by the police breaking the law at the time he was making the video, and even without the video he still would have been fined/whatever.
I gotta agree with you on the above.

Quote:
At any rate, I'm going to end this tangent. I'm still not convinced you guys don't find it funny only because the guy apparently drives a honda. Minus the street racing chest-beating in the post, I could see you guys trying to help out a fellow mustanger that posted the same exact thing.
Not here, though. If a Mustanger posted this, I would still laugh at him. What I find amusing is the small-world-ness of the incident; how the cops just happened to be a member of the site, and less than a half-hour from the OP's post, the same cop was there to say something. The fact that it's a Ricer makes it that much easier to swallow, from a Mustanger point of view. If the OP felt like he would've been in the right, I would think he would have kept on posting. The fact that he did the duck-&-hide after that tells me he got spooked, making him a moron, and making the whole thing very laughable to me!
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2009, 03:23 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Might want to read this thread: http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/t90873/
I posted more of my wisdom in that very thread.

(a lot of the first part of that thread is telling him how to get out of it and to fight it *even me*, it's not until PV starts questioning his honestly that everyone starts in on him. I started to post the very same thing PV did in that thread, but I just wasn't up to a good debate that day.)
ThaWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 03:26 PM   #38
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Quote:

(a lot of the first part of that thread is telling him how to get out of it and to fight it *even me*, it's not until PV starts questioning his honestly that everyone starts in on him. I started to post the very same thing PV did in that thread, but I just wasn't up to a good debate that day.)
That's my point. Once someone raised a question to it people were no longer on 'the bandwagon' of help. If someone ever posted up something like on that ricer board it wouldn't take nearly as long for it to become the same thing.

People get screwed over by cops everyday. It's hard to decipher who has and who was being a dumbass on the internet.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2009, 03:26 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugedraw View Post
Not here, though. If a Mustanger posted this, I would still laugh at him. What I find amusing is the small-world-ness of the incident; how the cops just happened to be a member of the site, and less than a half-hour from the OP's post, the same cop was there to say something. The fact that it's a Ricer makes it that much easier to swallow, from a Mustanger point of view. If the OP felt like he would've been in the right, I would think he would have kept on posting. The fact that he did the duck-&-hide after that tells me he got spooked, making him a moron, and making the whole thing very laughable to me!
I just enjoy playing devil's advocate, some people might even call me a troll :will:, but the fact is that I really just like to make sure both sides of the story are represented instead of just jumping on the bandwagon.
Old 02-04-2009, 03:29 PM   #40
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:

I actually held out my opinion for a while for the same reason...but then couldn't take all the nut swinging trying to get dude out of it. You don't leave out details saying "I won't get into that" unless there is something big you're hiding.

Diving Ms. Daisy up a parking garage will not get the cops on your ***.
Old 02-04-2009, 03:29 PM   #41
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Quote:
That isn't at all the same, that guy was pulled over for breaking the law, and the video was used as supplemental evidence to verify his top speed, and I'd assume it was confiscated at the time of his traffic stop. He also freely admitted in the article to being the guy that made the video.

The cops didn't just see the video on youtube and go out and arrest the guy. He was already stopped by the police breaking the law at the time he was making the video, and even without the video he still would have been fined/whatever.
The cop that wrote the guy a ticket for 40 in a 55 didn't just read it on the internet either. He clocked him doing whatever he was doing and then gave him a break. After reading that on the internet the cop probably feels like he shouldn't have given him a break. If the guy takes it to court all the cop really has to do is tell the judge that he was actually doing 90 and he gave the kid a break. The show him the thread for humor. Whether or not the judge bases his/her decision on the internet posting, it will certainly play a role.

Just sayin. Judges take character into factor all the time

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 03:29 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That's my point. Once someone raised a question to it people were no longer on 'the bandwagon' of help. If someone ever posted up something like on that ricer board it wouldn't take nearly as long for it to become the same thing.

People get screwed over by cops everyday. It's hard to decipher who has and who was being a dumbass on the internet.
But in this case everyone immediately flipped from the bandwagon of help to the bandwagon of hate, which is just as bad. I never accused the guy of not being a terrible person, just that his actually post wasn't really that bad, it was just a "guys I was dumb and got a ticket but it looks like the cop messed it up, can i get out of it?"
Old 02-04-2009, 03:40 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The cop that wrote the guy a ticket for 40 in a 55 didn't just read it on the internet either. He clocked him doing whatever he was doing and then gave him a break. After reading that on the internet the cop probably feels like he shouldn't have given him a break. If the guy takes it to court all the cop really has to do is tell the judge that he was actually doing 90 and he gave the kid a break. The show him the thread for humor. Whether or not the judge bases his/her decision on the internet posting, it will certainly play a role.

Just sayin.
I see your point. The only thing I'm saying is that if going 40 in a 55 is not an actual crime on that street, which I'm assuming it isn't, the guy might be able to get out of the ticket on a technicality. It seemed like a legitimate question to post. (ignoring the obvious stupidity and bragging about street racing, which makes me imagine the guy as some fast n furious 16yr old dork) I mean the cop can show up and say he gave him a break, but they aren't going to break out the white-out and change it to 90 in a 55. The cop showing up in the thread to say he gave the ticket was unexpected, but it didn't really seem funny to me especially given the cops attitude in his post.
Old 02-04-2009, 03:42 PM   #44

Region: Florida
Send a message via Yahoo to rugedraw

Quote:
just that his actually post wasn't really that bad, it was just a "guys I was dumb and got a ticket but it looks like the cop messed it up, can i get out of it?"
You could be right about this; I can see it. Except for the "I was dumb" part, because he didn't show any remorse for what he did. Seemed to me, he got away 90% scratch-free from the incident and that wasn't enough. He wanted 100% freebie.

I also agree with Brent's previous post. In court, I think the judge would favor the cop if this were brought up. When I was 17, I had a '90 hatchback; an original Steeda. I raced a Camaro (and spanked him) out of a toll booth, and a State Trooper pulled me over. He didn't clock me, so he didn't give me a speeding ticket for x amount over the limit: He gave me a ticket called "unlawful speed" which can be any speed that office sees as over the limit. He also gave me wreckless driving. Oh, and my tag was expired by one day, because my b-day is 5/30, and this was a Memorial Day Weekend where Monday was a holiday, so I wasn't able to go get my tag until Tuesday.

If instead of all those tickets, he would have given me a ticket for driving too slow, I woulda been the happiest teenager in the world.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:00 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugedraw View Post
You could be right about this; I can see it. Except for the "I was dumb" part, because he didn't show any remorse for what he did. Seemed to me, he got away 90% scratch-free from the incident and that wasn't enough. He wanted 100% freebie.

I also agree with Brent's previous post. In court, I think the judge would favor the cop if this were brought up. When I was 17, I had a '90 hatchback; an original Steeda. I raced a Camaro (and spanked him) out of a toll booth, and a State Trooper pulled me over. He didn't clock me, so he didn't give me a speeding ticket for x amount over the limit: He gave me a ticket called "unlawful speed" which can be any speed that office sees as over the limit. He also gave me wreckless driving. Oh, and my tag was expired by one day, because my b-day is 5/30, and this was a Memorial Day Weekend where Monday was a holiday, so I wasn't able to go get my tag until Tuesday.

If instead of all those tickets, he would have given me a ticket for driving too slow, I woulda been the happiest teenager in the world.
Haha, I hear ya, it just seemed unfair to hate the guy for trying to get out of it when he saw an opportunity. Most any of us would have done the same, even if we knew we were guilty.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar