Ricer gets owned thread on OrlandoForums.com - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-03-2009, 01:57 PM   #1
Registered User
Newbie
 
rugedraw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Region: Florida
Posts: 17
Send a message via Yahoo to rugedraw
Ricer gets owned thread on OrlandoForums.com

Ticket for going to slow..lol - OrlandoForums.com :: #1 Online Community for Central Florida

On page 1, read the first post, and then the 4th. This is the poster-boy for "owned".

P.S. I apologize if someone already posted this; I didn't see it.
rugedraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-03-2009, 02:04 PM   #2
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: Ricer gets owned thread on OrlandoForums.com

People post things on the internet not realizing that cops have internet access too.

Dumb people

Especially when you post it in the local... ASK A OFFICIER forum.
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 02:07 PM   #3
Registered User
Newbie
 
rugedraw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Region: Florida
Posts: 17
Send a message via Yahoo to rugedraw
Re: Ricer gets owned thread on OrlandoForums.com

The thread is by 43 pages and counting......it has gotten responses from people in every corner of the planet! lol AMAZING!
__________________
'05 Legend Lime Mustang GT (Steeda CAI, Steeda UDP's, BamaChips 93 tune Via Diablo, ceramic headers, o/r h-pipe, FlowMaster axle-backs, 3.73 gears, alum. f/w, CHE brace w/ torq. lmtrs, UCA & LCA's)
rugedraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-03-2009, 02:11 PM   #4
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: Ricer gets owned thread on OrlandoForums.com

It would probably be about 1/3 that length if they would stop posting up the "Now Viewing" stats every 5 minutes.

None the less, that's some funny ****
__________________
"When I know more, I'll be forthcoming. Or I won't be forthcoming, and I'll be honestly deceptive." - Les Miles
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 02:21 PM   #5
Registered User
Newbie
 
rugedraw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Region: Florida
Posts: 17
Send a message via Yahoo to rugedraw
Re: Ricer gets owned thread on OrlandoForums.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
It would probably be about 1/3 that length if they would stop posting up the "Now Viewing" stats every 5 minutes.

None the less, that's some funny ****
lol....yea, you're sure right about that. I don't think that site gets much traffic, so that's why they made such a big deal of it.

It's a small world, ladies & gents!
__________________
'05 Legend Lime Mustang GT (Steeda CAI, Steeda UDP's, BamaChips 93 tune Via Diablo, ceramic headers, o/r h-pipe, FlowMaster axle-backs, 3.73 gears, alum. f/w, CHE brace w/ torq. lmtrs, UCA & LCA's)
rugedraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 02:34 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Region: Missouri
Posts: 1,292
Re: Ricer gets owned thread on OrlandoForums.com

THats awesome.
__________________
03 GT Charcoal Silver Metallic - Stolen
1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 03:53 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: Ricer gets owned thread on OrlandoForums.com

funny, been out for about 3 weeks now
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 03:56 PM   #8
Registered User
Newbie
 
rugedraw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Region: Florida
Posts: 17
Send a message via Yahoo to rugedraw
Re: Ricer gets owned thread on OrlandoForums.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
funny, been out for about 3 weeks now
Yea, the thread was started a few weeks back, but I just saw it today. I don't remember anyone posting it on here, and I wanted to share it. Freakin' hilarious!
__________________
'05 Legend Lime Mustang GT (Steeda CAI, Steeda UDP's, BamaChips 93 tune Via Diablo, ceramic headers, o/r h-pipe, FlowMaster axle-backs, 3.73 gears, alum. f/w, CHE brace w/ torq. lmtrs, UCA & LCA's)
rugedraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 04:02 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
DaDant!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 329
Re: Ricer gets owned thread on OrlandoForums.com

that is pretty badass.. dumbass ricers... if something happened to me i would be like that cop hooked me up.
__________________
]
00 gt:u.d. pulleys, K&N CAI, UPR O/R X-pipe, Flowmaster 40 tips

im getting there.
.
DaDant! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 04:59 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Region: Alabama
Posts: 201
Re: Ricer gets owned thread on OrlandoForums.com

I don't really get it, how is writing someone a ticket for 40 in a 55 giving them a break. It sounds like the guy just screwed up writing the ticket. In any case I don't get the funny
ThaWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 05:01 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Scut95's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Region: California
Posts: 501
Re: Ricer gets owned thread on OrlandoForums.com

omg, what an idiot. That's funny.^^^ He gave the guy a ticket with no points but a big fine instead of the guy losing his license, having his car impounded and all the other good stuff that goes with street racing.
__________________

95 GT- Sold
09 Hyundai Elantra Touring-new ride.
Looking for the next project car now
Scut95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 05:10 PM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
wiarumas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Maryland
Posts: 1,738
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas
Re: Ricer gets owned thread on OrlandoForums.com



owned.
__________________

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 07:25 PM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
dark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 1,389
Send a message via AIM to dark Send a message via Yahoo to dark
Re: Ricer gets owned thread on OrlandoForums.com

Funny!
__________________
I don't own a mustang at the moment
dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 09:24 AM   #14
Registered User
Newbie
 
rugedraw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Region: Florida
Posts: 17
Send a message via Yahoo to rugedraw
Re: Ricer gets owned thread on OrlandoForums.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaWill View Post
I don't really get it, how is writing someone a ticket for 40 in a 55 giving them a break. It sounds like the guy just screwed up writing the ticket. In any case I don't get the funny
Well, the cop gave him a break in the sense that a ticket for going to slow is better than speeding tickets, drag racing tickets, your car being impounded, and possible jail time. Here in Florida, they recently passed a law that anything about 50mph over the speed limit is considered "felony speeding" and has a fine of $1000 on top of the ticket, plus I think you license gets suspended for a certain amount of time; I just can't remember how long.

A ticket for going to slow is like a slap on the wrist compared to what he could have gotten. Then, he goes into a public forum and trashes the cop that gave him a chance, and the cop happens to be a member of the same forum and calls him out? The funny is quite obvious to me! lol

The definition of "owned".
__________________
'05 Legend Lime Mustang GT (Steeda CAI, Steeda UDP's, BamaChips 93 tune Via Diablo, ceramic headers, o/r h-pipe, FlowMaster axle-backs, 3.73 gears, alum. f/w, CHE brace w/ torq. lmtrs, UCA & LCA's)
rugedraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 01:25 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
bobbyoooo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Region: New York
Posts: 155
Send a message via AIM to bobbyoooo
Re: Ricer gets owned thread on OrlandoForums.com

hahhah rofl that to fen funny.... in the ask a officer section lololol
__________________
<a href=http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo82/sicotickiller/mustang-2.jpg target=_blank>http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/o.../mustang-2.jpg</a> <--- click for exhaust clip
01 gt AUTO mods: MAC LT headers, O/R prochamber, borla mufflers, eiback pro kit 03 cobra rims still to come: K&N CAI, BBK 75mm TB, Steeda ud pulleys
"spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know who prolly don't even care...."
bobbyoooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 01:43 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Region: Alabama
Posts: 201
Re: Ricer gets owned thread on OrlandoForums.com

The point I was trying to make was that it didn't seem like he got a ticket for actually going too slow (like a minimum speed on an interstate), the guy was just saying that the speed on the ticket was lower than the posted speed limit. Do roads even exist where there is a maximum speed of 50 and a minimum of 40? The ownage cop even mentioned it being in front of a walmart, so it wasn't even a controlled access road. Are people turning into the wal-mart breaking the law if they slow down or do they have to whip it into the lot at 45?

Giving someone a break on a speeding ticket is writing them at 70 in a 55 when they were going 140 in a 55 and street racing, not writing a ticket that doesn't make logical sense. It seems like the ticket he got didn't even contain an infraction because it was filled out wrong, maybe he meant to put 55 in a 40 (which would be giving him a break) and just reversed it or something.


oh well lol ricers amirite own3d
ThaWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 02:07 PM   #17
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: Ricer gets owned thread on OrlandoForums.com

Actually, a lot of your interstates will have signs posted "Maximum Speed: XX" then under that "Minimum Speed 40". I-10 has that in several places here in baton rouge and I've seen it many times driving throughout the country.

Also, even without the minimum speed posted, driving too slow is just as dangerous as driving too fast as you are now becoming a hindrance to traffic. Therefore, there is actually a law for driving too far under the speed limit.
__________________
"When I know more, I'll be forthcoming. Or I won't be forthcoming, and I'll be honestly deceptive." - Les Miles
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 02:20 PM   #18
Registered User
Newbie
 
rugedraw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Region: Florida
Posts: 17
Send a message via Yahoo to rugedraw
Re: Ricer gets owned thread on OrlandoForums.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
Actually, a lot of your interstates will have signs posted "Maximum Speed: XX" then under that "Minimum Speed 40". I-10 has that in several places here in baton rouge and I've seen it many times driving throughout the country.

Also, even without the minimum speed posted, driving too slow is just as dangerous as driving too fast as you are now becoming a hindrance to traffic. Therefore, there is actually a law for driving too far under the speed limit.
Absolutely. I-75 here in south Florida has a maximum/minimum speed. Certain city streets will have parts that have max/min speeds, too.

Whether the cop did the right thing or not, what is funny (to me, anyway) is the fact that this guy came into the forum looking for kinda support from the members. Instead, the cop called him out and he had the entire planet calling him a tard in a matter of days. Starting that thread = :badidea:
__________________
'05 Legend Lime Mustang GT (Steeda CAI, Steeda UDP's, BamaChips 93 tune Via Diablo, ceramic headers, o/r h-pipe, FlowMaster axle-backs, 3.73 gears, alum. f/w, CHE brace w/ torq. lmtrs, UCA & LCA's)
rugedraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 02:21 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Region: Alabama
Posts: 201
Re: Ricer gets owned thread on OrlandoForums.com

I am aware of both of those facts (I even mentioned minimum interstate speeds?), but if he was in front of a wal-mart, he wasn't on an interstate. In fact, the cop mentions that it was the same place some girls were killed in an accident, which means it definitely wasn't a controlled access freeway. Secondly, driving 40 in a 50/55 doesn't seem very dangerous. Especially in what would seem to be a city road (I've never seen a walmart in the boonies) where traffic would normally change in speed somewhat frequently.

Sorry for playing devil's advocate here, but it really seems to me that the kid had a legitimate question given what the ticket actually says, and the only reason people find it funny is because "dumb ricer" is pasted on the story.
ThaWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 02:25 PM   #20
Registered User
Newbie
 
rugedraw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Region: Florida
Posts: 17
Send a message via Yahoo to rugedraw
Re: Ricer gets owned thread on OrlandoForums.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaWill View Post
I am aware of both of those facts (I even mentioned minimum interstate speeds?), but if he was in front of a wal-mart, he wasn't on an interstate. In fact, the cop mentions that it was the same place some girls were killed in an accident, which means it definitely wasn't a controlled access freeway. Secondly, driving 40 in a 50/55 doesn't seem very dangerous. Especially in what would seem to be a city road (I've never seen a walmart in the boonies) where traffic would normally change in speed somewhat frequently.
Yea, I get you. I'm thinking because of the fact the those girls got killed there, that the local cops are particularly sensitive about it. Maybe its an area known for those sort of things. Here in Miami, there are a few spots where "street racers" are known to hang out and initiate races. Usually they meet in parking lots of large store; like a Wal-Mart.

Also, we have a few highways here in Miami that run right through the middle of the city, and you will see Wal-Marts and several other major and minor stores from it. Maybe he got pulled over on an on-ramp of off-ramp?
__________________
'05 Legend Lime Mustang GT (Steeda CAI, Steeda UDP's, BamaChips 93 tune Via Diablo, ceramic headers, o/r h-pipe, FlowMaster axle-backs, 3.73 gears, alum. f/w, CHE brace w/ torq. lmtrs, UCA & LCA's)
rugedraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 02:25 PM   #21
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: Ricer gets owned thread on OrlandoForums.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaWill View Post
Especially in what would seem to be a city road (I've never seen a walmart in the boonies) where traffic would normally change in speed somewhat frequently.
You need to get out more often...a lot of times the only place to build is in the boonies because the city has used available space already.

40 in a 55 is dangerous to others in traffic as it not only mean you could quickly drive into the back of them if you happen to glance away from the road as well as being a complete PITA agitating the drivers behind you in turn instigating road rage and reckless decisions by the persons behind you.

The point is, the cop gave him a huge break and he wanted to get out of it...cop saw his attempt and is now daring him to try.
__________________
"When I know more, I'll be forthcoming. Or I won't be forthcoming, and I'll be honestly deceptive." - Les Miles
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 02:36 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Region: Alabama
Posts: 201
Re: Ricer gets owned thread on OrlandoForums.com

That's exactly what I'm saying, the cop gave him a huge break, and he's a huge dumbass for street racing, especially on a dangerous road, but I'm not really seeing the "ownage" part. It looks to me more like the ticket was incorrect and he's looking to get off on a technicality. That the "cop" showed up to gripe him out didn't even really do anything but say "hey i'm the one that gave you the ticket!"

Could you imagine going to court over it and having the supposed cop hand the judge a print screen of some random internet forum and thinking it counted as some kind of hard evidence? That's the most laughable thing about the whole story to me. "See here judge Hondaej2nr FREELY ADMITS to having a ticket that doesn't make sense!"


You aren't going to "quickly" run into someone driving 10 or 15 mph under the posted limit unless you really aren't paying attention, and you shouldn't punish other people because you are a poor driver. (this is theoretical you, not personal you)


(and I do live in the boonies, and we don't have any wal-marts, but we do have lots of tractors and stuff that shuffle up and down the roads at 10-20mph (posted maximums are 40-55). While it is annoying to get stuck behind them, I've somehow managed to not run over any of them because I wasn't paying attention to where I was going) *knock on wood*
ThaWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 02:39 PM   #23
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: Ricer gets owned thread on OrlandoForums.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaWill View Post
That's exactly what I'm saying, the cop gave him a huge break, and he's a huge dumbass for street racing, especially on a dangerous road, but I'm not really seeing the "ownage" part. It looks to me more like the ticket was incorrect and he's looking to get off on a technicality. That the "cop" showed up to gripe him out didn't even really do anything but say "hey i'm the one that gave you the ticket!"

Could you imagine going to court over it and having the supposed cop hand the judge a print screen of some random internet forum and thinking it counted as some kind of hard evidence? That's the most laughable thing about the whole story to me. "See here judge Hondaej2nr FREELY ADMITS to having a ticket that doesn't make sense!"
What you post on the internet has been used against people in court successfully before. I know of one instance where the secret service print screened threads on a forum and used them to prosecute someone for a threat on Obama.
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 02:40 PM   #24
Registered User
Newbie
 
rugedraw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Region: Florida
Posts: 17
Send a message via Yahoo to rugedraw
Re: Ricer gets owned thread on OrlandoForums.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaWill View Post
Could you imagine going to court over it and having the supposed cop hand the judge a print screen of some random internet forum and thinking it counted as some kind of hard evidence? That's the most laughable thing about the whole story to me. "See here judge Hondaej2nr FREELY ADMITS to having a ticket that doesn't make sense!"
lol.....I see your point. However, I don't think the judge would take the defendants side on this one. The defendant would have to admit that it is impossible for him to be going 15mph under the limit because he was too busy going 50mph over the limit. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't walk into a courtroom if that was my argument!
__________________
'05 Legend Lime Mustang GT (Steeda CAI, Steeda UDP's, BamaChips 93 tune Via Diablo, ceramic headers, o/r h-pipe, FlowMaster axle-backs, 3.73 gears, alum. f/w, CHE brace w/ torq. lmtrs, UCA & LCA's)
rugedraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 02:43 PM   #25
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: Ricer gets owned thread on OrlandoForums.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugedraw View Post
lol.....I see your point.
Don't see his point as he has no point. Online postings are no different than voice recordings that can and will be used against people in court....as brent posted a couple msgs ago.
__________________
"When I know more, I'll be forthcoming. Or I won't be forthcoming, and I'll be honestly deceptive." - Les Miles
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 02:48 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Region: Alabama
Posts: 201
Re: Ricer gets owned thread on OrlandoForums.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
What you post on the internet has been used against people in court successfully before. I know of one instance where the secret service print screened threads on a forum and used them to prosecute someone for a threat on Obama.
That is a TINY BIT different considering the federal laws and there are against threatening the president and the governments capability (and leeway) to track people down.
I know its not impossible but can you imagine a city court breaking all into this websites IP records over a traffic violation, THEN proving that the defendant was the one to post from the IP? Its ludicrous to think that they would do any of this and not say "you are free to go, hondaej2nr. Johnny Cop, better luck next time." The fact that the cop gave him a break, in whatever form it actually happened, pretty much seals the deal that they wouldn't aggressively prosecute the guy.
ThaWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 02:50 PM   #27
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: Ricer gets owned thread on OrlandoForums.com

People have been written wreckless driving tickets over youtube videos. How is text on a web page any different? I see what your saying but in this instance where they guy was given a break and then was a complete idiot and decided he'd be cool and post about it on the internet.... I think the judge will give a big **** you to him. You don't need any of the ip stuff in traffic court. They already give cops the benefit of the doubt as it is.
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 02:51 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Region: Alabama
Posts: 201
Re: Ricer gets owned thread on OrlandoForums.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
Don't see his point as he has no point. Online postings are no different than voice recordings that can and will be used against people in court....as brent posted a couple msgs ago.
Voice recordings are allowed as evidence, but they aren't 100% bulletproof and you have to prove that the voice on the tape is the defendant. I just don't think they would go through that much trouble for a "you are driving two slow" ticket.


This is like the equivalent of posting "I downloaded the new brittany spears song!" and having the government kick in your door and arrest you.
ThaWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 02:53 PM   #29
Registered User
Newbie
 
rugedraw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Region: Florida
Posts: 17
Send a message via Yahoo to rugedraw
Re: Ricer gets owned thread on OrlandoForums.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
Don't see his point as he has no point. Online postings are no different than voice recordings that can and will be used against people in court....as brent posted a couple msgs ago.
Well, let me rephrase: I understand what he's trying to say. Anyone that has seen Dateline's "To Catch A Predator" knows that what you say online can and will be used against you in a court of law.

I think what ThaWill means is that the cop would have to go into court admitting to giving the defendant the wrong citation since his infraction was the complete opposite of what the citation was written for. If that is the case, he would have to be innocent of the citation he was written; and he can't be guilty of street racing/speeding because in order to be guilty of something, you have to be charged with it. If the OP were to hire a good lawyer, there may be some loop-hole that the lawyer can use to get him off.

Me, personally; I woulda left well enough alone. It would be interesting to find out if the OP actually took it to court or not, and what the outcome was.
__________________
'05 Legend Lime Mustang GT (Steeda CAI, Steeda UDP's, BamaChips 93 tune Via Diablo, ceramic headers, o/r h-pipe, FlowMaster axle-backs, 3.73 gears, alum. f/w, CHE brace w/ torq. lmtrs, UCA & LCA's)
rugedraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 02:54 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Region: Alabama
Posts: 201
Re: Ricer gets owned thread on OrlandoForums.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
People have been written wreckless driving tickets over youtube videos. How is text on a web page any different? I see what your saying but in this instance where they guy was given a break and then was a complete idiot and decided he'd be cool and post about it on the internet.... I think the judge will give a big **** you to him. You don't need any of the ip stuff in traffic court. They already give cops the benefit of the doubt as it is.
I'd have to see some of this. Whats stopping me from taking the tag off your car, putting it on mine, and going out and filming myself running over pedestrians. Cops are given the benefit of the doubt but that doesn't mean they can just produce easily fabricated evidence as absolute proof.
ThaWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 02:57 PM   #31
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: Ricer gets owned thread on OrlandoForums.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaWill View Post
I'd have to see some of this. Whats stopping me from taking the tag off your car, putting it on mine, and going out and filming myself running over pedestrians. Cops are given the benefit of the doubt but that doesn't mean they can just produce easily fabricated evidence as absolute proof.
YouTube video shows 164 mph ride on I-5 | KOMO News - Seattle, Washington | Local & Regional
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 03:03 PM   #32
Registered User
Newbie
 
rugedraw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Region: Florida
Posts: 17
Send a message via Yahoo to rugedraw
Re: Ricer gets owned thread on OrlandoForums.com

And there you go.

I just checked the thread again. On the last page (page 44 right now), some other guy that got word of this posted that he was t-boned on that same street by a speeding SUV. It totaled his car and broke his leg. Apparently, that street is problematic with speeders.
__________________
'05 Legend Lime Mustang GT (Steeda CAI, Steeda UDP's, BamaChips 93 tune Via Diablo, ceramic headers, o/r h-pipe, FlowMaster axle-backs, 3.73 gears, alum. f/w, CHE brace w/ torq. lmtrs, UCA & LCA's)
rugedraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 03:04 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Region: Alabama
Posts: 201
Re: Ricer gets owned thread on OrlandoForums.com

That isn't at all the same, that guy was pulled over for breaking the law, and the video was used as supplemental evidence to verify his top speed, and I'd assume it was confiscated at the time of his traffic stop. He also freely admitted in the article to being the guy that made the video.

The cops didn't just see the video on youtube and go out and arrest the guy. He was already stopped by the police breaking the law at the time he was making the video, and even without the video he still would have been fined/whatever.
ThaWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 03:11 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Region: Alabama
Posts: 201
Re: Ricer gets owned thread on OrlandoForums.com

At any rate, I'm going to end this tangent. I'm still not convinced you guys don't find it funny only because the guy apparently drives a honda. Minus the street racing chest-beating in the post, I could see you guys trying to help out a fellow mustanger that posted the same exact thing.


In other words,
Click image for larger version

Name:	humor-watchdog.gif
Views:	247
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	20259
ThaWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 03:16 PM   #35
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: Ricer gets owned thread on OrlandoForums.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaWill View Post
At any rate, I'm going to end this tangent. I'm still not convinced you guys don't find it funny only because the guy apparently drives a honda. Minus the street racing chest-beating in the post, I could see you guys trying to help out a fellow mustanger that posted the same exact thing.


In other words,
Attachment 20259
Might want to read this thread: http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/t90873/
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
If you had a ricer what would it be? Zebs5408 General Car Discussion 98 01-22-2011 10:54 AM
Ricer got owned; this thread had me cracking up MonteCitan The Bar 6 04-13-2007 04:50 PM
owned a ricer Tbird232ci Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 12 07-18-2005 02:13 PM
owned thread WhiteStang99 The Bar 7 09-27-2004 05:52 PM
lol after the thread was closed to that political thread the guy pmed me this Brent The Bar 7 05-18-2004 09:51 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



06:37 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.