On Iraq - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-23-2004, 04:22 PM   #1
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
On Iraq

Food for thought

http://www.mustangevolution.com/videos/iraq.avi
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-23-2004, 04:30 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
chips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 65
Send a message via AIM to chips
that **** froze up my computer - twice
__________________
Quote:
the only reason Dr. Dre produced "The Chronic" because the bible tells you to smoke lots of pot, and Oedipus used to blaze with the makers of Aqua Fresh tooth paste.
chips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 04:46 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Seph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: California
Region: California
Posts: 908
I thought the first word he says was ****ting light on Iraq lol

ok yes, but it's very true though.

My one problem is this isn't a fight on terror at the moment, I wanna see more dead terrorists or handcuffed and being taken into a jail cell right now. All I'm kinda seeing right now is now we are in Iraq.. sitting around... getting killed while trying to settle things down
__________________
-Patrick
http://home.socal.rr.com/sephiros/images/NewBan.jpg

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-23-2004, 05:00 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
oaktonarcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Virginia Beach
Region: Virginia
Posts: 1,177
Send a message via AIM to oaktonarcher
ill believe what i see. i see more and more americans dying eveyday, i see that 50% of the country is a no go zone for our troops, i see constant car bombings and innocent civilans dying. this situation is not getting any better. i dont get my info from Kerry, b/c i dont trust him nor do i trust Bush nor do i trust Fox news.
__________________
Delta Sigma Phi
building better men since 1899


Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
You still have a quote in your sig from a guy that hasn't signed in in almost 2 years
www.DeltaArmsCo.com
oaktonarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 05:20 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
chips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 65
Send a message via AIM to chips
no, you only see and hear about that bad stuff. no news ever reports on all the good stuff we accomplish.

if it's so bad, and if it's so pointless, why do all the troops that serve over there say that they are proud for what we did?
__________________
Quote:
the only reason Dr. Dre produced "The Chronic" because the bible tells you to smoke lots of pot, and Oedipus used to blaze with the makers of Aqua Fresh tooth paste.
chips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 07:44 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
oaktonarcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Virginia Beach
Region: Virginia
Posts: 1,177
Send a message via AIM to oaktonarcher
Quote:
Originally Posted by chips
if it's so bad, and if it's so pointless, why do all the troops that serve over there say that they are proud for what we did?
not all of them do, i know 3 personally. my dads old bosses, his son had been there twice,once during the invasion and again just a few months ago.He said the first one was ok but the last one was viscious, he was shot and sent out of the country and which time he company went back to the states, he ok but he will never go back and he is leaving the military as soon as his time is up. hes younger then i am. and im 18, its not a good situation at all, there is no exit plan and no one will help us. and im praying there is no draft.

BTW: today i did see a good thing, we finished rebuliding a bridge that we blew up during the invasion.
__________________
Delta Sigma Phi
building better men since 1899


Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
You still have a quote in your sig from a guy that hasn't signed in in almost 2 years
www.DeltaArmsCo.com
oaktonarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 07:45 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Falcon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Region: Michigan
Posts: 1,438
Send a message via AIM to Falcon Send a message via MSN to Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon
i got an error, didnt work
__________________
-Derek
1999 Trans Am WS6
Full Stainless Magnaflow Exhaust, Stainless Longtubes/Off Road Y-Pipe, QTP E-Cutout, HP Tuners, Super Sucker Ram Air Kit, BMR Tunnel Brace/Driveshaft Safety Loop, Hotchkis Panhard Bar, Hypertech 160 Thermostat, CF Whisper Air Lid, Corvette FRCs, K&N, !AIR, !EGR
Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 07:58 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Region: California
Posts: 4,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by chips
no, you only see and hear about that bad stuff. no news ever reports on all the good stuff we accomplish.

if it's so bad, and if it's so pointless, why do all the troops that serve over there say that they are proud for what we did?
the government brainwashed them
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 08:04 PM   #9
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by oaktonarcher
ill believe what i see. i see more and more americans dying eveyday, i see that 50% of the country is a no go zone for our troops, i see constant car bombings and innocent civilans dying. this situation is not getting any better. i dont get my info from Kerry, b/c i dont trust him nor do i trust Bush nor do i trust Fox news.
lol you dont trust fox news?

Give me a break
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 08:05 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Region: California
Posts: 4,272
fox republican news channel
nah i dont trust them
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 08:06 PM   #11
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by 232stang
fox republican news channel
nah i dont trust them
Cause the truth hurts

Fair and Balanced.. you just cant take it

Get real people. Fox News shows both sides. Its jsut that you dont like seeing the other side.
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 08:07 PM   #12
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Its FNC not FRNC as well. That was a lame attempt at a joke
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 08:09 PM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Falcon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Region: Michigan
Posts: 1,438
Send a message via AIM to Falcon Send a message via MSN to Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Its FNC not FRNC as well. That was a lame attempt at a joke
O.W.N.E.D
__________________
-Derek
1999 Trans Am WS6
Full Stainless Magnaflow Exhaust, Stainless Longtubes/Off Road Y-Pipe, QTP E-Cutout, HP Tuners, Super Sucker Ram Air Kit, BMR Tunnel Brace/Driveshaft Safety Loop, Hotchkis Panhard Bar, Hypertech 160 Thermostat, CF Whisper Air Lid, Corvette FRCs, K&N, !AIR, !EGR
Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 08:23 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by 232stang
the government brainwashed them
no one is brainwashed....i spent 356days in iraq during the war...i was a tank gunner on a m1a1 abrams battle tank....what we did was worth it...if you were there and able to see how the people reacted and how well we were treated by the majority of the population...i actually still correspond with some of the people that i met over there.....there are people who cause problems and kill people everywhere even here...it is just a matter of what is being broadcast on the news...plus a large problem that we are having over there now is that the majority of the force currently occupying iraq is national guard or reservist who really have no clue how to conduct themselves or what war is really like...they dont have the training....in about 90 days the 3rd infantry division will be going back over there though and it will probally make a big difference...other problems are caused by the news and the big publicity propaganda....soldiers are not allowed to do there job for fear of the news and how it will be spun.....sorry for the long reply but this is something that i feel strongly about..
__________________
just remember its only a pony
dropdpony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 09:23 PM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 529
Send a message via AIM to whipster24 Send a message via Yahoo to whipster24
And it seems that most of the people fighting against us over there aren't even Iraqis, they are imported terrorists that are afraid of what a free Iraq will mean to their oppressive dictatorships.
__________________


"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
-Adolf Hitler, 1935
whipster24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 09:42 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
chips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 65
Send a message via AIM to chips
Quote:
Originally Posted by dropdpony
no one is brainwashed....i spent 356days in iraq during the war...i was a tank gunner on a m1a1 abrams battle tank....what we did was worth it...if you were there and able to see how the people reacted and how well we were treated by the majority of the population...i actually still correspond with some of the people that i met over there.....there are people who cause problems and kill people everywhere even here...it is just a matter of what is being broadcast on the news...plus a large problem that we are having over there now is that the majority of the force currently occupying iraq is national guard or reservist who really have no clue how to conduct themselves or what war is really like...they dont have the training....in about 90 days the 3rd infantry division will be going back over there though and it will probally make a big difference...other problems are caused by the news and the big publicity propaganda....soldiers are not allowed to do there job for fear of the news and how it will be spun.....sorry for the long reply but this is something that i feel strongly about..
excellent post.

this is what im talking about. i really wish that cnn would show the photos of smiling iraqi children who are enthrilled to meet their American liberators.

but instead cnn and the other news stations choose to put a negative spin on the war. some news stations try to make our troops out to be monsters.
while the iraqis were cutting the heads off American prisoners, the news stations were throwing a fit about our soldiers humiliating a few captives.

i wish all the biased reporting would stop. it is absolute bull**** that the media will smear the image of our great army just to fill their political agenda.
__________________
Quote:
the only reason Dr. Dre produced "The Chronic" because the bible tells you to smoke lots of pot, and Oedipus used to blaze with the makers of Aqua Fresh tooth paste.
chips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 09:43 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Region: California
Posts: 4,272
i wash playing about the brainwashed thing btw thus the smilie
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 09:44 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Region: California
Posts: 4,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Cause the truth hurts

Fair and Balanced.. you just cant take it

Get real people. Fox News shows both sides. Its jsut that you dont like seeing the other side.
its not fair and balanced all the host from every show in the fox republican news channelll are all very strong conservatives
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 09:49 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
chips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 65
Send a message via AIM to chips
Quote:
Originally Posted by 232stang
its not fair and balanced all the host from every show in the fox republican news channelll are all very strong conservatives
its a lot more fair and balanced than any other news channel.
__________________
Quote:
the only reason Dr. Dre produced "The Chronic" because the bible tells you to smoke lots of pot, and Oedipus used to blaze with the makers of Aqua Fresh tooth paste.
chips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 09:51 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 35
well me personally i dont worry to much about the news or what they say....the most important thing is to show support for our troops and all who are giving so much for this...regardless if we feel that we should be there or not......they need to know that we are backing them up and that they are giving their lives for something...
__________________
just remember its only a pony
dropdpony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 10:02 PM   #21
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 529
Send a message via AIM to whipster24 Send a message via Yahoo to whipster24
Quote:
Originally Posted by dropdpony
well me personally i dont worry to much about the news or what they say....the most important thing is to show support for our troops and all who are giving so much for this...regardless if we feel that we should be there or not......they need to know that we are backing them up and that they are giving their lives for something...
Yep, regardless of what your views are on the war. Gotta let em know that we are pulling for em
__________________


"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
-Adolf Hitler, 1935
whipster24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 10:04 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 35
if any of you have any questions about anything that you may have questions on feel free to ask..i may be able to help considering i was there in the thick of it for a long time.....i may be able to give some of you a better idea than the news
__________________
just remember its only a pony
dropdpony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 10:56 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
chips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 65
Send a message via AIM to chips
what's your take on the wmd situation?
__________________
Quote:
the only reason Dr. Dre produced "The Chronic" because the bible tells you to smoke lots of pot, and Oedipus used to blaze with the makers of Aqua Fresh tooth paste.
chips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 08:30 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 35
well for me i think that the war has been in the making since the last time and it was just an excuse to get the public to play along and once we got started people started focusing on it to much instead of looking at the fact that sadam was a ruthless dictator killing thousands of his people and needed to go.......now i am not saying that they were not there though becuase we found numerous underground storage facilities slap full of missles and what not but i think that the press was to busy focusing on wmd to see the fact that the people were being repressed.....the whole thing was just set to make bush look bad because he didnt provide any solid evidence for his reasoning to go to war.............
__________________
just remember its only a pony
dropdpony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 10:21 AM   #25
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
KyleUSAF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Georgia
Posts: 802
Send a message via AIM to KyleUSAF Send a message via MSN to KyleUSAF
yes, people are soooo concerned about "where are the WMD's," whenever Iraq is brought up and it pisses me off. I did a book report on saddam hussein when I was in like 8th grade, before any war discussions were brought up and I thought he was the most evil person on earth and should die. I don't know where any WMD's are or what saddam did with them but i see it this way...if a cop pulled you over and asked to search your car for drugs, with a warrent, would you say, I'll let you next week...lets think about his, the U.N. was not doing anything when Saddam refused to let them search sometimes and other times allowed them to search certain areas, that is just stupid...

By the way Fox news has a Allen Colmes who is very liberal (Hannity and Colmes)
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkshadow
I could say nothing for my complete awe. He then. confidantly, purchased the gallon.
KyleUSAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 01:16 PM   #26
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
lol I still cant believe he siad he didnt trust Fox News
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 01:38 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 35
you really cant trust them though....they are baised...though they may not out right lie they are going to put whatever spin on it that better suits them and their ratings...no matter how you look at it it is still tv.........
__________________
just remember its only a pony
dropdpony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 01:50 PM   #28
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
lol he singled out Foxnews though. Foxnews raises the questions that others dont. Questions people on the left dont want to hear. They press Bush and Kerry the same.

But Whatever
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 01:52 PM   #29
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
oaktonarcher:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,133464,00.html

Going to watch that? Watch it and tell me your thoughts on how well President Bush is interviewd by O'Rielly
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 01:53 PM   #30
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
oaktonarcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Virginia Beach
Region: Virginia
Posts: 1,177
Send a message via AIM to oaktonarcher
its like trusting mike moore, there is a hugh spin on everything. i dont trust most of what the media says, but they dont out and out lie about any thing,that we know of. and why cant you believe that i said that, its not always the truth just because a republican said it u kno.
__________________
Delta Sigma Phi
building better men since 1899


Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
You still have a quote in your sig from a guy that hasn't signed in in almost 2 years
www.DeltaArmsCo.com
oaktonarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 01:56 PM   #31
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by oaktonarcher
its like trusting mike moore, there is a hugh spin on everything. i dont trust most of what the media says, but they dont out and out lie about any thing,that we know of. and why cant you believe that i said that, its not always the truth just because a republican said it u kno.
I never said they were perfect. I trust them more than CNN thats for sure. You dont take everything the media says as the truth.

Thats where you use common sense and your own personal judgement
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 01:57 PM   #32
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
oaktonarcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Virginia Beach
Region: Virginia
Posts: 1,177
Send a message via AIM to oaktonarcher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
oaktonarcher:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,133464,00.html

Going to watch that? Watch it and tell me your thoughts on how well President Bush is interviewd by O'Rielly
we should tape it and see if there is a good quote for the daily show.
__________________
Delta Sigma Phi
building better men since 1899


Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
You still have a quote in your sig from a guy that hasn't signed in in almost 2 years
www.DeltaArmsCo.com
oaktonarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 01:58 PM   #33
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
I hate the Daily Show......
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Greetings from Iraq stunner85 New Member Introductions & Greetings 6 09-17-2008 06:36 AM
4 more in iraq Dark02Pony The Bar 60 08-21-2005 03:30 PM
And we think Iraq is dangerous Danger Dude The Bar 12 02-04-2005 09:02 PM
The next Iraq Brent The Bar 4 11-18-2004 02:24 PM
New Iraq WhiteStang99 The Bar 8 11-18-2004 12:18 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



01:06 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.