On Iraq - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-23-2004, 04:22 PM   #1
Regular

Region: Tennessee
On Iraq

Food for thought

http://www.mustangevolution.com/videos/iraq.avi

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2004, 04:30 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to chips
that **** froze up my computer - twice
Old 09-23-2004, 04:46 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
I thought the first word he says was ****ting light on Iraq lol

ok yes, but it's very true though.

My one problem is this isn't a fight on terror at the moment, I wanna see more dead terrorists or handcuffed and being taken into a jail cell right now. All I'm kinda seeing right now is now we are in Iraq.. sitting around... getting killed while trying to settle things down

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2004, 05:00 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Virginia
Send a message via AIM to oaktonarcher
ill believe what i see. i see more and more americans dying eveyday, i see that 50% of the country is a no go zone for our troops, i see constant car bombings and innocent civilans dying. this situation is not getting any better. i dont get my info from Kerry, b/c i dont trust him nor do i trust Bush nor do i trust Fox news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
You still have a quote in your sig from a guy that hasn't signed in in almost 2 years
www.DeltaArmsCo.com
oaktonarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 05:20 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

no, you only see and hear about that bad stuff. no news ever reports on all the good stuff we accomplish.

if it's so bad, and if it's so pointless, why do all the troops that serve over there say that they are proud for what we did?
Old 09-23-2004, 07:44 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chips
if it's so bad, and if it's so pointless, why do all the troops that serve over there say that they are proud for what we did?
not all of them do, i know 3 personally. my dads old bosses, his son had been there twice,once during the invasion and again just a few months ago.He said the first one was ok but the last one was viscious, he was shot and sent out of the country and which time he company went back to the states, he ok but he will never go back and he is leaving the military as soon as his time is up. hes younger then i am. and im 18, its not a good situation at all, there is no exit plan and no one will help us. and im praying there is no draft.

BTW: today i did see a good thing, we finished rebuliding a bridge that we blew up during the invasion.

Quote:
You still have a quote in your sig from a guy that hasn't signed in in almost 2 years
www.DeltaArmsCo.com
Old 09-23-2004, 07:45 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Falcon Send a message via MSN to Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon
i got an error, didnt work
Full Stainless Magnaflow Exhaust, Stainless Longtubes/Off Road Y-Pipe, QTP E-Cutout, HP Tuners, Super Sucker Ram Air Kit, BMR Tunnel Brace/Driveshaft Safety Loop, Hotchkis Panhard Bar, Hypertech 160 Thermostat, CF Whisper Air Lid, Corvette FRCs, K&N, !AIR, !EGR
Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 07:58 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by chips
no, you only see and hear about that bad stuff. no news ever reports on all the good stuff we accomplish.

the government brainwashed them
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 08:04 PM   #9
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaktonarcher
ill believe what i see. i see more and more americans dying eveyday, i see that 50% of the country is a no go zone for our troops, i see constant car bombings and innocent civilans dying. this situation is not getting any better. i dont get my info from Kerry, b/c i dont trust him nor do i trust Bush nor do i trust Fox news.
lol you dont trust fox news?

Give me a break

Reddit
Old 09-23-2004, 08:05 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

fox republican news channel
nah i dont trust them
Old 09-23-2004, 08:06 PM   #11
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 232stang
fox republican news channel
nah i dont trust them
Cause the truth hurts

Fair and Balanced.. you just cant take it

Get real people. Fox News shows both sides. Its jsut that you dont like seeing the other side.

Reddit
Old 09-23-2004, 08:07 PM   #12
Regular

Its FNC not FRNC as well. That was a lame attempt at a joke

Reddit
Old 09-23-2004, 08:09 PM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Falcon Send a message via MSN to Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Its FNC not FRNC as well. That was a lame attempt at a joke
O.W.N.E.D
Full Stainless Magnaflow Exhaust, Stainless Longtubes/Off Road Y-Pipe, QTP E-Cutout, HP Tuners, Super Sucker Ram Air Kit, BMR Tunnel Brace/Driveshaft Safety Loop, Hotchkis Panhard Bar, Hypertech 160 Thermostat, CF Whisper Air Lid, Corvette FRCs, K&N, !AIR, !EGR
Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 08:23 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
the government brainwashed them
no one is brainwashed....i spent 356days in iraq during the war...i was a tank gunner on a m1a1 abrams battle tank....what we did was worth it...if you were there and able to see how the people reacted and how well we were treated by the majority of the population...i actually still correspond with some of the people that i met over there.....there are people who cause problems and kill people everywhere even here...it is just a matter of what is being broadcast on the news...plus a large problem that we are having over there now is that the majority of the force currently occupying iraq is national guard or reservist who really have no clue how to conduct themselves or what war is really like...they dont have the training....in about 90 days the 3rd infantry division will be going back over there though and it will probally make a big difference...other problems are caused by the news and the big publicity propaganda....soldiers are not allowed to do there job for fear of the news and how it will be spun.....sorry for the long reply but this is something that i feel strongly about..
Old 09-23-2004, 09:23 PM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to whipster24 Send a message via Yahoo to whipster24
And it seems that most of the people fighting against us over there aren't even Iraqis, they are imported terrorists that are afraid of what a free Iraq will mean to their oppressive dictatorships.

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
-Adolf Hitler, 1935
whipster24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 09:42 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dropdpony
no one is brainwashed....i spent 356days in iraq during the war...i was a tank gunner on a m1a1 abrams battle tank....what we did was worth it...if you were there and able to see how the people reacted and how well we were treated by the majority of the population...i actually still correspond with some of the people that i met over there.....there are people who cause problems and kill people everywhere even here...it is just a matter of what is being broadcast on the news...plus a large problem that we are having over there now is that the majority of the force currently occupying iraq is national guard or reservist who really have no clue how to conduct themselves or what war is really like...they dont have the training....in about 90 days the 3rd infantry division will be going back over there though and it will probally make a big difference...other problems are caused by the news and the big publicity propaganda....soldiers are not allowed to do there job for fear of the news and how it will be spun.....sorry for the long reply but this is something that i feel strongly about..
excellent post.

this is what im talking about. i really wish that cnn would show the photos of smiling iraqi children who are enthrilled to meet their American liberators.

but instead cnn and the other news stations choose to put a negative spin on the war. some news stations try to make our troops out to be monsters.
while the iraqis were cutting the heads off American prisoners, the news stations were throwing a fit about our soldiers humiliating a few captives.

i wish all the biased reporting would stop. it is absolute bull**** that the media will smear the image of our great army just to fill their political agenda.
Old 09-23-2004, 09:43 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

i wash playing about the brainwashed thing btw thus the smilie
Old 09-23-2004, 09:44 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Cause the truth hurts

Fair and Balanced.. you just cant take it

Get real people. Fox News shows both sides. Its jsut that you dont like seeing the other side.
its not fair and balanced all the host from every show in the fox republican news channelll are all very strong conservatives
Old 09-23-2004, 09:49 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
its not fair and balanced all the host from every show in the fox republican news channelll are all very strong conservatives
its a lot more fair and balanced than any other news channel.
Old 09-23-2004, 09:51 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

well me personally i dont worry to much about the news or what they say....the most important thing is to show support for our troops and all who are giving so much for this...regardless if we feel that we should be there or not......they need to know that we are backing them up and that they are giving their lives for something...
Old 09-23-2004, 10:02 PM   #21
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to whipster24 Send a message via Yahoo to whipster24
Quote:
Originally Posted by dropdpony
well me personally i dont worry to much about the news or what they say....the most important thing is to show support for our troops and all who are giving so much for this...regardless if we feel that we should be there or not......they need to know that we are backing them up and that they are giving their lives for something...
Yep, regardless of what your views are on the war. Gotta let em know that we are pulling for em

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
-Adolf Hitler, 1935
whipster24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 10:04 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

if any of you have any questions about anything that you may have questions on feel free to ask..i may be able to help considering i was there in the thick of it for a long time.....i may be able to give some of you a better idea than the news
Old 09-23-2004, 10:56 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

what's your take on the wmd situation?
Old 09-24-2004, 08:30 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

well for me i think that the war has been in the making since the last time and it was just an excuse to get the public to play along and once we got started people started focusing on it to much instead of looking at the fact that sadam was a ruthless dictator killing thousands of his people and needed to go.......now i am not saying that they were not there though becuase we found numerous underground storage facilities slap full of missles and what not but i think that the press was to busy focusing on wmd to see the fact that the people were being repressed.....the whole thing was just set to make bush look bad because he didnt provide any solid evidence for his reasoning to go to war.............
Old 09-24-2004, 10:21 AM   #25
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to KyleUSAF Send a message via MSN to KyleUSAF
yes, people are soooo concerned about "where are the WMD's," whenever Iraq is brought up and it pisses me off. I did a book report on saddam hussein when I was in like 8th grade, before any war discussions were brought up and I thought he was the most evil person on earth and should die. I don't know where any WMD's are or what saddam did with them but i see it this way...if a cop pulled you over and asked to search your car for drugs, with a warrent, would you say, I'll let you next week...lets think about his, the U.N. was not doing anything when Saddam refused to let them search sometimes and other times allowed them to search certain areas, that is just stupid...

By the way Fox news has a Allen Colmes who is very liberal (Hannity and Colmes)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkshadow
I could say nothing for my complete awe. He then. confidantly, purchased the gallon.
KyleUSAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 01:16 PM   #26
Regular

lol I still cant believe he siad he didnt trust Fox News

Reddit
Old 09-24-2004, 01:38 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

you really cant trust them though....they are baised...though they may not out right lie they are going to put whatever spin on it that better suits them and their ratings...no matter how you look at it it is still tv.........
Old 09-24-2004, 01:50 PM   #28
Regular

lol he singled out Foxnews though. Foxnews raises the questions that others dont. Questions people on the left dont want to hear. They press Bush and Kerry the same.

But Whatever

Reddit
Old 09-24-2004, 01:52 PM   #29
Regular

oaktonarcher:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,133464,00.html

Going to watch that? Watch it and tell me your thoughts on how well President Bush is interviewd by O'Rielly

Reddit
Old 09-24-2004, 01:53 PM   #30
Legacy Member
Legacy

its like trusting mike moore, there is a hugh spin on everything. i dont trust most of what the media says, but they dont out and out lie about any thing,that we know of. and why cant you believe that i said that, its not always the truth just because a republican said it u kno.

Quote:
www.DeltaArmsCo.com
Old 09-24-2004, 01:56 PM   #31
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaktonarcher
its like trusting mike moore, there is a hugh spin on everything. i dont trust most of what the media says, but they dont out and out lie about any thing,that we know of. and why cant you believe that i said that, its not always the truth just because a republican said it u kno.
I never said they were perfect. I trust them more than CNN thats for sure. You dont take everything the media says as the truth.

Thats where you use common sense and your own personal judgement

Reddit
Old 09-24-2004, 01:57 PM   #32
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
oaktonarcher:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,133464,00.html

Going to watch that? Watch it and tell me your thoughts on how well President Bush is interviewd by O'Rielly
we should tape it and see if there is a good quote for the daily show.

Quote:
www.DeltaArmsCo.com
Old 09-24-2004, 01:58 PM   #33
Regular

I hate the Daily Show......

Reddit

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar