MTV and the elections - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-07-2004, 01:06 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrum
most colleges provide awesome scholarships for "underprivledged students"
Not that awesome. For around here if your not a star player or a good at music the most you could pull is about 3 gs from one specific scholarships. Thats the highest Ive seen. **** when I went for mine the most I got was about a little over a grand. and with college prices that doesnt get you that far
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2004, 01:07 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Here is a thought!!!!

Stop relying on the government to support you when you retire and start putting away money now!!

Thats exactly what Bush wants to do. Set up private accounts where you can put money into and it be tax free for when you retire.

Stop relying on the government to support you!
I dont care either way cause im gonna be in a trade but there are LOTS of people out there that do with social and welfare.
Old 10-07-2004, 01:09 PM   #38
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
thats true. according to my high school economics teacher a few years ago... the changes that presidents make, usually dont make an effect on the economy until atleast the next term... maybe even the term after that. economy is not super elastic. it takes time. its not like the economy will take a quantum leep or something.
That's exactly right. The slum in the economy we experienced was not caused by W, it was caused by Clinton and partially Bush Sr. These are things that people should research and learn instead of just saying that W has caused the economy to slump and caused attacks on the Twin Towers.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2004, 01:11 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn
Yeh that last comment was a little far, but he did have some good points. We, me included, were babied so much more than past generations. I didn't have to get a job until my senior year in high school, and at the moment I don't need a job to keep myself in college. This would have been unheard of years ago and it's something that needs to be factored into this election. We're used to things being handed to us on silver platters. This is what's going to drive our government to ultimately fail, the fact that we will have several million people that expect everything they want for nothing in return. This is what the whole welfare situation has caused. As long as you have kids, you can be supported by the government. Have more kids, you get more money. These are problems that should be looked at and solutions found for.
I grew up with old school parents I HAD to get a job at 16 which I didnt mind but you ar eright lots of parents out there are still young and go wit the whole lets baby our kids. All I gotta say for those type of people ar ethe ones who will get a bigger kick in the *** once their out in the realworld.

Welfare is garbage and should be gotten rid of. I hate people who are on it sporting name brand clothing cause they have everything else paid for. While I gotta bust my *** 50 hours a week just to be nice. Welfare pisses me off
Old 10-07-2004, 01:12 PM   #40
Road Trip!

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Tbird232ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97Stallion
I mostly agree with this statement. As I'm getting with the times, so to speak. I believe kids are babied more and more each and every year. about 100 years ago, 18 year old kids were actually considered adults, some of them incharge of families, comapnies, whatever. Now "kids" don't really understand the "big" picture until after college which is about 22. I'm not saying all, but most. And that's why kids have more of a liberal view of life, because they still have mommy and daddy paying for everything and haven't begun to understand much about how life really is. M-tv is using this ignorance to their advantage because they know how left-winged kids really are so they can try to get rid of ole George W. I think if you ain't voting for George you should be allowed to vote.
I agree with you 100%

more and more i see kids getting brand new cars bought for them, cell phones paid for, school paid for, all of their clothes, everything, and parents hide real issues from them, they sugercoat everything and make the real issues seem like just another little thing you see on the news, how can a kid grow up when the real world is hidden from them? i grew up in a bad part of baltimore city, living with family members that were heavy into drugs, living on welfare for a few years, going to thrift stores, scrapping to get by, i know what the real world is, it isnt this happy, "nothing bad can every happen" life most parents portray to their children, these kids have no idea whats really going on in the world, and how can they make decisions if they have no idea what theyre deciding?
Tbird232ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 01:12 PM   #41
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemustang
I dont care either way cause im gonna be in a trade but there are LOTS of people out there that do with social and welfare.
Well for those that want the goverment to support them then they should have Social Security and they can continue to struggle through life on that measely paycheck. For people like me who dont want to rely on someone else for their retirement then something like Social Security should be optional.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 01:12 PM   #42
Legacy Member
Legacy

I don't have a job right now, but that's just because I work my butt off all summer and all my christmas break, and all my spring break, and all other breaks I get from school to make money. That's the only reason I can do this. I think I'm going to get a job next semester to make this a little easier, it sucks to watch your money just go down the drain.
Our's:
Old 10-07-2004, 01:14 PM   #43
Regular

Quote:
That's exactly right. The slum in the economy we experienced was not caused by W, it was caused by Clinton and partially Bush Sr. These are things that people should research and learn instead of just saying that W has caused the economy to slump and caused attacks on the Twin Towers.
9/11 sent this economy into a recession and caused millions of jobs to be lost.

Since 9/11 we have created 2-3 Million jobs

Reddit
Old 10-07-2004, 01:15 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to redrum Send a message via Yahoo to redrum
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemustang
I grew up with old school parents I HAD to get a job at 16 which I didnt mind but you ar eright lots of parents out there are still young and go wit the whole lets baby our kids. All I gotta say for those type of people ar ethe ones who will get a bigger kick in the *** once their out in the realworld.

Welfare is garbage and should be gotten rid of. I hate people who are on it sporting name brand clothing cause they have everything else paid for. While I gotta bust my *** 50 hours a week just to be nice. Welfare pisses me off
werd. i worked 60-80 hour weeks during highschool. i was in the coop program. had to work that much to save for college and to pay for my car. i was not babied either. ive been working since i was 16 as well. i dont work right now, because i decided to take out huge student loans because i know that i need to concentrate on school.

also, this past summer, i moved back home to save rent money, worked my *** off, and paid to fix my car, only for it to be wrecked again. you arent the only one who works your *** off.

but still, even though ive worked so hard, and i beleive that im pretty smart of my age, and understand alot... i still dont think i understand enough to vote, and i definitely dont think that most other kids my age are either.
redrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 01:16 PM   #45
Legacy Member
Legacy

9/11 sent it to an extent, the economy also goes up and down regularly.
Our's:
Old 10-07-2004, 01:18 PM   #46
Regular

Quote:
9/11 sent it to an extent, the economy also goes up and down regularly.
9/11 was the straw that broke the camels back

Reddit
Old 10-07-2004, 01:18 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
9/11 sent this economy into a recession and caused millions of jobs to be lost.

Since 9/11 we have created 2-3 Million jobs
right. thats terrorism for you. the succeeded in slowing our economy by scaring the civilians to go out and go on vacation, etc etc.

however, they failed to realize that by further activating our military, we can create more jobs.. etc etc, which will increase economy etc etc...
Old 10-07-2004, 01:19 PM   #48
Legacy Member
Legacy

Ha I'm not arguing with ya Brent...I agree
Our's:
Old 10-07-2004, 01:19 PM   #49
Regular

Quote:
werd. i worked 60-80 hour weeks during highschool. i was in the coop program. had to work that much to save for college and to pay for my car. i was not babied either. ive been working since i was 16 as well. i dont work right now, because i decided to take out huge student loans because i know that i need to concentrate on school.

also, this past summer, i moved back home to save rent money, worked my *** off, and paid to fix my car, only for it to be wrecked again. you arent the only one who works your *** off.

but still, even though ive worked so hard, and i beleive that im pretty smart of my age, and understand alot... i still dont think i understand enough to vote, and i definitely dont think that most other kids my age are either.
I understand who shouldnt be the next President

Reddit
Old 10-07-2004, 01:21 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I understand who shouldnt be the next President
BWHAHAHA...

well, id also rather not vote for "the one who isnt as bad."
Old 10-07-2004, 02:02 PM   #51
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to V6STANG007 Send a message via Yahoo to V6STANG007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
Not to anger anyone that is young here but what do teenagers really know about life and why would anyone listen to them to make a decision about who they were going to vote for especially a teenage with a baby ?????????
dude u gotta watch how u word things, it always comes out as if you are putting young people down, you were younger once remember? I don't think you are saying you did not know anything about life when you were younger. people might get wiser with age but not smarter. Im just saying; don't underestimate young people.

Quote:
OK you are right!!! Maybe I am the Old Crazy One
V6STANG007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 02:05 PM   #52
Regular

I happen to think I am very educated on politics and the two people running for the President of the United States

Reddit
Old 10-07-2004, 02:21 PM   #53
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6STANG007
dude u gotta watch how u word things, it always comes out as if you are putting young people down, you were younger once remember? I don't think you are saying you did not know anything about life when you were younger. people might get wiser with age but not smarter. Im just saying; don't underestimate young people.
Hey I did not know crap either when i was young!!!!! See when you see the word young you immediately tune in. Then when you read what I said. But you didnt really read it. You saw negative words and made them fit you but I did not. I said from the start I was not trying to anger people but you chosed to take it personal. Not my fault.

The fact is when I was 16-20 I was stiil a conservative minded social issue person but most of my personal experiences with making my own mind up on certain subjects were dead wrong because I had not lived or traveled. Once I got out in the real world while in the AirForce I came to realization I did not know jack sh*t. I have spent my whole life since trying to learn as much as humanly possible about the subjects dear to me and help me grow as a human being.

Youth is not to be taken for granted but it also is not aalways stable. Youth often takes everything to extremes and as you become an older you realize the world is not black or white but dort of grey. The fact is you will become to realize your person opinions are based on your immediate enviroment and not on a golobal scale. Youth also is easy to steer with peer pressure. As you get older peer pressure means nothing.

So in a nutshell I still learn things from young people, I enjoy the company of young people because most people my age are just sit at home and drink beer and watch the TV. and come over to my house and watchme work on my car and say stuff like. "why do you waste your time on cars" and I say go inside back to your lazyboy, drink your beer, watch TV and let life pass you by.
Old 10-07-2004, 03:11 PM   #54
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to V6STANG007 Send a message via Yahoo to V6STANG007
I was not offended in any way, I am not in the age group you are refering to (16-20). I am just saying it sounded like you looked at younger people as less intelligent.

Quote:
OK you are right!!! Maybe I am the Old Crazy One
V6STANG007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 04:05 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

i think he is just saying that young people think they know everything and they really dont. which is true. us youngins tend to believe that we know everything about the world, but without being kicked into the wide open yet, you dont know ****.

i think thats what he's trying to say, and i whole-heartidly agree.
Old 10-07-2004, 04:13 PM   #56
I liek gramer
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
dude, redrum, vote. You need to. If you don't, I don't see how you could possible have anything to contribute to this site. Since all we talk about is politics anyways.

But seriously, vote. It's not that hard to find information on the candidates. I'm sure most everybody knows where I lie as far as politics go, but I hate to see someone not vote just because they don't feel they know enough.

And about Corey's comment. I didn't take it like he was putting down young people at all. You have to understand sometimes the way people mean stuff, and the internet can make that difficult sometimes.

ntopic: MTV has a horrible left lean. And I feel that they use it to take advantage of the youth of America. Or try to at least. Let's not forget that whole "Kerry daughters booed" fiasco.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 04:17 PM   #57
Regular

MTV sucks even without Politics throw into it

Reddit
Old 10-07-2004, 04:58 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I think everyone can agree on this
Old 10-07-2004, 05:02 PM   #59
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Missouri
Send a message via AIM to 97Stallion Send a message via MSN to 97Stallion
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6STANG007
I was not offended in any way, I am not in the age group you are refering to (16-20). I am just saying it sounded like you looked at younger people as less intelligent.
Not less intelligent, just not as wise. Wisdom is something you aquire over the years. Some get it quicker than others.

60' ~ 2.1, 1/8 ~ 9.61 @ 73.4mph
Living one day at a time!

DAMN Those are some old *** numbers!!! I need updated ones!!
97Stallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 06:14 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
B.E.T. rules
and yes mtv leans so far to the left that they fell on their side, but the pupose of those shows is to get young people to vote for what they belive in, not to brainwash them
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 08:09 PM   #61
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 232stang
B.E.T. rules
and yes mtv leans so far to the left that they fell on their side, but the pupose of those shows is to get young people to vote for what they belive in, not to brainwash them
Its cool to try to get people to vote. But they have it set up so that it influences people to vote for Kerry, which you can see just by the way they word their ads or whatever. If your going to do something be fair to both sides

Reddit
Old 10-08-2004, 01:06 AM   #62
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
lol if youre immature enough to even watch MTV and all its crap you probably are too immature to even know what youre voting about.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 01:41 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseGSTdude
lol if youre immature enough to even watch MTV and all its crap you probably are too immature to even know what youre voting about.
good point. haha

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar