Im sick of people thinking my car is fast - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-07-2004, 01:54 PM   #1
Road Trip!

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Tbird232ci
Im sick of people thinking my car is fast

no one will race me! my car is piss poor slow, runs 18's, 120 horsepower in a heavy car...

i had two incidents with my "girlfriend" in the car no less.

i was taking her home, and on the highway, i spotted a 93-97 V6 camaro, had dual exhaust, pillar gauges, lowered, sounded pretty burly for a V6, so i pull up next to him, floor it so the car downshifts, then get off the gas, makes the nose lift and the revs jump, he looks over, slows down to where his nose is at my rear bumper, so i try to slow down to get next to him, and he kept slowing down! so i just floor it and take off

later on that same highway i pass a C4 vette that was in the slow lane, and he dips right behind me, and follows me for a while, i make my exit and he was still behind me, we get onto mountain road, he pulles up next to me, and revs, so i buck the car at him, we pull up to a light, he looks over and revs, i return the rev, throw it in drive and powerbrake to bring the RPMS up, the light turns, i get a badass launch, then i look in the mirror and he just cruises away from the light, so i shut it down, then he gives me a dirty look as he passes me!

these are cars that should just devastate me...and they wont race me!!
Tbird232ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2004, 01:58 PM   #2
Regular

Region: Tennessee
The strangest people will race me....

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 02:08 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Well you dont have to worry about me because I dont think your car is fast at all

J/K

Old 10-07-2004, 02:10 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
I get children who race me.

They all have done either JUST a bodykit to their car or they race in their stock POS import.

Oh, except for my very first race against a camaro. Couldn't see the guy/girl inside of there because the windows were tinted SO black and it was at night. Pretty sweet car though, I'm VERY sure it was a V6 now that I remember how the race went.

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 02:15 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to V6STANG007 Send a message via Yahoo to V6STANG007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbird232ci
these are cars that should just devastate me...and they wont race me!!
That's good, you should not street race. Too dangerous

3 killed in apparent drag racing crash in Miami Beach

The Associated Press
Posted October 2 2004, 5:49 PM EDT

MIAMI BEACH -- Three teens, including two brothers, were killed after their car crashed into a tree during an apparent drag race, police said.

The brothers, ages 19 and 14, died Friday after the elder boy lost control of the Camaro. A female passenger believed to be the driver's girlfriend died late Friday at Ryder Trauma Center. A fourth passenger, also 14, suffered serious injuries but they were not life-threatening, according to police and family members.

Police were would not release the names of those killed, but family members said the 19-year-old driver, Yirian Alonso was killed, along with his brother, Yurian, who died in surgery.

Aileen Lombera said her brother, 14-year-old Joel Lombera, suffered a fractured skull but was expected to recover. The 14-year-olds were freshmen at Miami Beach Senior High.

The female victim, believed to be in her early 20s, sat in the passenger seat, police said.

``She took the brunt of the impact. The right tire was in her lap,'' said Miami Beach fire-rescue Lt. Charles Brown.

A motorcycle officer saw the Camaro speeding alongside a white Mitsubishi Eclipse on the winding, tree-lined road, police said.

Police said speed was ``definitely a factor'' as the car's mangled aluminum frame wrapped around a pine tree.

``It's not worth it,'' said police spokesman Bobby Hernandez. ``These streets aren't made for that kind of speed. This isn't a NASCAR track. These trees are solid and they show no mercy on any vehicle.''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
OK you are right!!! Maybe I am the Old Crazy One
V6STANG007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 02:45 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Yep odd people race. Had a 4wheel drive 98 ranger revving his 3.0 v6 at me the other day. Granted I'm driving a stock v6 but smoked him til we got to 55 (45mph speed limit) and slowed down, not need in getting a ticket just to rub it in. When he gets beside me he looks over and leers at me and floors it like he won.

So I caught and passed him again until I had to turn into work
elijah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 02:52 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

i've only had a couple things rev on me. a new ram with a hemi and 23" spinners, a prelude while i was in stop and go traffic, and a crotch rocket, and the one race was maserati.
Old 10-07-2004, 03:29 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to whipster24 Send a message via Yahoo to whipster24
I always get big chevy trucks that want to race me from stop lights

I had some chick in a dodge durango try to race me and show off her "hemi" :p

I would have destroyed her but didn't wanna waste the gas

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
-Adolf Hitler, 1935
whipster24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 06:25 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
I always have people revving at me around here. Eventhough I have to say today was cool. A cop gave me a thumbs up while I was driving by him running radar. Had a great big grin on his face.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 06:27 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Falcon Send a message via MSN to Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon
maybe they consider you no competition? and dont wanna embarrass you?
Full Stainless Magnaflow Exhaust, Stainless Longtubes/Off Road Y-Pipe, QTP E-Cutout, HP Tuners, Super Sucker Ram Air Kit, BMR Tunnel Brace/Driveshaft Safety Loop, Hotchkis Panhard Bar, Hypertech 160 Thermostat, CF Whisper Air Lid, Corvette FRCs, K&N, !AIR, !EGR
Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 07:26 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Bane-
i rev my lil 3.0 at my friend all the time (he has a 00 v6 5spd) its all in fun we played around and raced one night my 31" tires and open rear just suck for accelration :p i have 3:73's but with the big tire I found a thing that told u your ratio and mines down in like the 3:20's or less in the rear. So yea I dont launch for ****

but he usually gets me in trouble, we were driving down a road and had a bunch of yuppies goin for bike rides, he would downshift and punch it to chirp and they would all look at me cuz of my exhaust

I can beat those pesky 4banger s10s though from a roll
'89 Gt Hatchback H/C/I, 1.6 rockers, 75mm maf, 24lb, 70mm tb, cai, udp, full exhaust, msd ignition, 373s, Eibach Springs, Lakewood 50/50 rears, Adj Rear Control arms, A/C Delete, Smog Delete, EGR Delete,
Bane- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 07:40 PM   #12
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Swing down through baton rouge some time and I will race you...cause I can't get anyone to even try with me yet either. If someone does, it is only to see what my car can do expecting to get burried so they can hear the whine and the exhaust.
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 08:16 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

I really dont think its because they think your fast....they most likely think your car is just some POS tunderbird and the possibility of getting pulled over isnt worth raping you.

hell I would.

1999 V6 5-speed
14.6 @ 95 w/ 2.22 60'
Wrecked
stangin99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 08:16 PM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan
I get lots of cars trying to race me, I don't get it.. why would I want to race the average hyundai, kia, or FWD chevy? .. :\
MonteCitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 08:30 PM   #15
Road Trip!

I have the opposite. Everytime my wife drives some kid in an import wants to race. Case in point.

1. It's a Saturday night. about 930 pm (21:30) and Stacy and I are going home from eating at Shoguns. Stacy is driving since I won't even drive if I have had even one beer. So, we are pulled up to a stop light and someone in an import starts revving and I tell Stacy "Hey this guy wants to race!" I told her to be cool and not do anything to get him to race. So what does he do, he revvs and launches off the light. Too bad there was a Montgomery Police Officer right there who pulled him over!!

2. There's an import with a fart can next to us. He revvs, etc. and takes off. We kept driving like normal people.

There are places to race, not endangering the public. I will not endanger the public. Even though I travel to home at some speeds some poeple consider fast, I have a keen sense of situational awareness from driving so long on the German Autobahns. I don't trust a 18 year old to have the same skill.

I have 2 challenges from friends. We can have fun at the track in the near future. Like one said "I want a piece of that American Muscle!" You can try. You might beat me too. But guess what? We did it safely
ComputerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 08:57 PM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

Speed was a factor in their death? no ****

Also in the post I made back a couple months ago this camaro driver lost control during a race and went head on into an F-150 on the opposite side of the street.

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Old 10-07-2004, 09:28 PM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Bane-
monte i like racing those lil cars, lol besides i only got like 160hp anyway

I like to call them confidence cars, you know u can beat them but u race anyway just to boost ur confidence
'89 Gt Hatchback H/C/I, 1.6 rockers, 75mm maf, 24lb, 70mm tb, cai, udp, full exhaust, msd ignition, 373s, Eibach Springs, Lakewood 50/50 rears, Adj Rear Control arms, A/C Delete, Smog Delete, EGR Delete,
Bane- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 09:48 PM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane-
monte i like racing those lil cars, lol besides i only got like 160hp anyway

I like to call them confidence cars, you know u can beat them but u race anyway just to boost ur confidence

haha when I had my FWD chevy (98 monte carlo) I felt the same way... with 260 HP and a best 1/4 mile of about 14.3@98 some MPH I don't feel so empowered anymore... lol Now any cars I challenge, because I think it might be a fair race, I lose to - and that happens a LOT

hahaha out of over 30 runs at the track now in my '02 I've only won ONE race (vs a mid 90's camaro, and then barely, by like 1 tenth) so I must be special
MonteCitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 12:55 AM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
i get alot of hondas that will make their way from far back in traffic just to get next to me, then as soon i give them a little psst they back the fvck off. one time i noticed it so i hit the brakes and backed down to his speed, thinking he wanted to slow and run from a slower roll, and he gave me an angry look like "nooo its not fair" and made a really sharp turn into the first side street. other times i get honda kids asking if i have vtec. then i tell them no and they say then i have nothing, then i tell them its way better than vtec, its turbo and they give a thumbs down like to say "all motor is god" or something, very strange. especially since that same honduh lost to a kia spectra 2 minutes earlier.

i remember a time where i used to look for hondas to race cause in my tbird it was an actual challenge to take on a LS teg and win. but now i look for srt4's and GT's and such, something thats in the mid to low 14's that will give me a run. that way when i stay right with them i know that when i finally get my settlement and get my "big setup" theyre bantha fodder.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 12:58 AM   #20
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Send a message via AIM to Dom
Had a guy in a '92 Gand Am wanna race me. He downshifted and he wasn't going any faster.
Old 10-08-2004, 12:26 PM   #21
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to V6STANG007 Send a message via Yahoo to V6STANG007
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComputerGuy
There are places to race, not endangering the public. I will not endanger the public. Even though I travel to home at some speeds some poeple consider fast, I have a keen sense of situational awareness from driving so long on the German Autobahns. I don't trust a 18 year old to have the same skill.
:yup: :thumbs2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
OK you are right!!! Maybe I am the Old Crazy One
V6STANG007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 12:41 PM   #22
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangin99
I really dont think its because they think your fast....they most likely think your car is just some POS tunderbird and the possibility of getting pulled over isnt worth raping you.

hell I would.
hold up, you saying you would race me, or you would think my car is a POS?
Old 10-08-2004, 01:26 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

reading comprehension works

I'd think your car is a pos.

1999 V6 5-speed
14.6 @ 95 w/ 2.22 60'
Wrecked
stangin99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 12:09 AM   #24
Legacy Member
Legacy

Get ready to race the new 05 GT's! 0-60 in 5 seconds! What?? SRT-4... 0-60 5.3?

I guess the 05 GT is now the fastest car on the internet period.

(It'll be the fastest off the net too once it's released )

Old 10-09-2004, 12:34 AM   #25
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangin99
reading comprehension works

I'd think your car is a pos.
typing more clearly also works...

wow, if my cars a POS, i guess yours is too, seeing as its based on the same chassis, and 90% of our parts are interchangable eh? so go fvck off with your ignorant ***
Old 10-09-2004, 10:54 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
people think my car is fast but i dont i want a GT 5spd

In Texas? check out www.lonestarstangs.com
timpryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 12:34 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to drummerstang98 Send a message via Yahoo to drummerstang98
there is this dick intown with a 97 GT with pretty much straight pipes, that always pulls up next to me, and revs then peels off the line...and I'm just waiting for the day when a cop is around, so I can drive pass and laugh at him
Mods - BBK O/R H-Pipe, 2 Chamber Flowmasters, BBK CAI, 4:30 Gears, FR500, Koni Adjustable's, C-Springs w/dead coil cut...more to come
drummerstang98 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar