Drag Racing in LA leads to 17 arrests - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-07-2004, 08:54 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Drag Racing in LA leads to 17 arrests

Yeah, my parents kept telling me about it. They finally got the LA Times and got the story on it so I could read it. I laughed and thought how stupid it was, a bunch of ricers doing a rip off of Fast and Furious. The report said the cars they got would be destroyed, nothing would be sparred. The people arrested go to jail for 10 days, a I think 10k or 1k I dunno I forgot what the bail was set at. I read on, I kept chuckling to myself how stupid these guys were for actually doing this whole set up. They loaded up some cars they said, but they made it clear which ones they saw.

2 Mustangs V6 or V8, who knows.. but the report goes into how they had nitrous and racing slicks. They didn't say anything else but those 2 things about the stangs, and now they are going to be destroyed.

Ah, and all the spectators there are going to be fined 50 bucks each.

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2004, 08:56 PM   #2
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Owned

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 09:14 PM   #3
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
haha. i wanna see links!
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2004, 09:30 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Bane-
cmon give us some links
'89 Gt Hatchback H/C/I, 1.6 rockers, 75mm maf, 24lb, 70mm tb, cai, udp, full exhaust, msd ignition, 373s, Eibach Springs, Lakewood 50/50 rears, Adj Rear Control arms, A/C Delete, Smog Delete, EGR Delete,
Bane- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 10:32 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Thats why I always say " take it to the track and keep it off the street " just plain stupid for numerous reason's this is only 1.
Old 10-07-2004, 10:39 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
drag racing can be fun if you do it properly, and safe. Only race to or near the speed limit for one.

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 10:49 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Illinois
As Jeff said. Only at the track.
2003 SVT Lightning #1059 of 4270
2000 Vert 4R70W
Only buy from vendors that test and stand behind their products
slvr2000stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 12:03 AM   #8
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Dom
$50? Dude, that's like 25 decals right there!

Quote:
The report said the cars they got would be destroyed, nothing would be sparred.
Can they do that? I've never heard of that?
Old 10-08-2004, 12:45 AM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
i dont think they can do that. unless someone proves otherwise with full evidence that the crushed cars are in fact the ones raced. otherwise its just a ploy that will waste yet more of our tax paying money that should go to finding drug dealers and crackhouses in the ghetto instead of fining some bored *** kids for being into a hobby like modding cars.

and saying take it to the track is the stupidest comment ever. you wanna know where my closest track is? 2 hours away, and i cant even race there cause im a converti that runs faster than 15's so i need a rollbar. and it costs 15 to race. f that, ill just drive around till i find some honda and make myself feel better when by 60 hes already 5 cars behind. even if there was a track i still wouldnt go, cause its extremely boring. you get to race about once every 2 hours, you dont get to choose who you want to run, and you have to use this stupid *** staging light. i want a redlight then a green to go, not a red, 3 yellows then a green that i have to time, i want it to be completely random like a stoplight. i also want to do it at night, cause heatsoak=teh lose.

everyones streetraced. if youve ever gunned it a little to put someone in their place you have streetraced. **** even my dad raced some guy the other night in his tahoe. my mom was driving my tbird once and raced another mustang and won. there are some things in life that you just will have to do no matter the legalities of it. whats the point of modding your car if you cant make the other guy cry to his momma?

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 12:53 AM   #10
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

races at my track start at 11pm. its an hour drive to the track. city curfew is 11. its not gonna happen for me either.
Old 10-08-2004, 01:00 AM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

city curfew? lol oh yeah sucks to be under 18.

Old 10-08-2004, 01:02 AM   #12
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

I can get around it. I look like I'm 19.
Old 10-08-2004, 07:12 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseGSTdude
and saying take it to the track is the stupidest comment ever. you wanna know where my closest track is? 2 hours away, and i cant even race there cause im a converti that runs faster than 15's so i need a rollbar. and it costs 15 to race. f that, ill just drive around till i find some honda and make myself feel better when by 60 hes already 5 cars behind. even if there was a track i still wouldnt go, cause its extremely boring. you get to race about once every 2 hours, you dont get to choose who you want to run, and you have to use this stupid *** staging light. i want a redlight then a green to go, not a red, 3 yellows then a green that i have to time, i want it to be completely random like a stoplight. i also want to do it at night, cause heatsoak=teh lose.

everyones streetraced. if youve ever gunned it a little to put someone in their place you have streetraced. **** even my dad raced some guy the other night in his tahoe. my mom was driving my tbird once and raced another mustang and won. there are some things in life that you just will have to do no matter the legalities of it. whats the point of modding your car if you cant make the other guy cry to his momma?
well spoken:approve: street:burnout: rules
Old 10-08-2004, 09:46 AM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Sorry guys, I'm looking for it and I can only find the most recent arrests/reports around here as of 10/5/04 with the kid who killed himself and his friends driving that camaro into an F-150

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 11:47 AM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to V6STANG007 Send a message via Yahoo to V6STANG007
Quote:
...and saying take it to the track is the stupidest comment ever...
risking your life and everybody elses around you is the stupidest thing to do. It is not about legality. you wanna kill yourself driving your car, go for it, but do it off the streets were u can't hurt anybody else. And if you have enough self confidence, you do not need to beat some poor kid in a Honda to make yourself feel superior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
OK you are right!!! Maybe I am the Old Crazy One
V6STANG007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 04:33 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Send a message via AIM to tealstangman
You keep talking about risking all these peoples lives. Im not risking anybodys lives. All the stories about people getting hurt from street racing our just from lack of driving skills by the driver. Racing from a stop light is not dangerous!
Show:18x10 & 18x9 Bullitt Deep Dish Chrome Wheel's
295/35/18 & 265/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport PS2's
tinted windows, billet grill
tealstangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 04:39 PM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to V6STANG007 Send a message via Yahoo to V6STANG007
not true, It does not matter how skilled you are, many things can go wrong at high speeds. otherwise professional race car drivers would never have accidents. you wanna race? more power to you,now go to the track!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
OK you are right!!! Maybe I am the Old Crazy One
V6STANG007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 04:50 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Mach1Blondie
I don't see how you guys can sit around and justify street racing...

Even if you are a good driver, you don't know anything about the other racer's ability or intentions. One mistake can be catastrophic at high speeds. And even if nothing goes wrong, you're setting this example for all of the other cocky kids out there that likely do not have as much driving experience or may not be capable to react appropriately in light of some accident. Plus, you create a dangerous situation for all of the other drivers out there. Every single thursday night there are kids that drag race down my street... and I mean, I go jogging down my street fairly often. Kids drag racing + joggers can't be good. As far as track rules are concerned... the rules they enforce are not created to make the driver's life miserable, merely to protect them... something I think some of you need to keep in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark
kerry = senile idiot
Mach1Blondie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 04:54 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tealstangman
You keep talking about risking all these peoples lives. Im not risking anybodys lives. All the stories about people getting hurt from street racing our just from lack of driving skills by the driver. Racing from a stop light is not dangerous!

grow up! someone pulls out from a parking lot because they weren't expecting some dumb kids to be drag racing and then gets hit because they were going far to fast to slow down and avoid the other driver.... now who's fault does that sound like? people DO get hurt from other people who are drag racing... not neccesarilly the people drag racing, but other drivers. watch the news, open up a newspaper... you'll quickly see that there are accidents fairly often involving drag racers. its impossible to predict everything, you never know what may happen..

Quote:
kerry = senile idiot
Old 10-08-2004, 05:26 PM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy

yeah but all the deaths are stupid honduh owners that want to be fast and furious. usually i race with drivers who i know and know their skills. anything can happen at anytime and everyone knows that. you can be at the track going 60 and have a blowout and skid sideways and clip the other car, so now drag racing is dangerous.

Old 10-08-2004, 06:59 PM   #21
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
How can you be for sure that someone isn't gonna pull out in front of you? Or run the other stop light? It's hard enough worrying about everyone and everything else going on at an intersection and now you're going to add that other guy next to you that your going to race.
Old 10-08-2004, 07:19 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

street racing is stupid **** like this happens when you streeet race (and no i wasent street racing when this happened

STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 08:05 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
so now drag racing is dangerous.

drag racing IS dangerous, has been dangerous, and always WILL be dangerous.

the point is, when you race at the track, you're in a controlled enviroment where every precaution is taken to prevent something really bad from happening... thus why they have rules/regulations. in addition, i know every track i have been to always has an ambulance ready in case something bad DOES happen. now lets look at the facts... street vs. track.. which do you think is a safer enviroment for both spectator and driver?

Quote:
kerry = senile idiot
Old 10-08-2004, 08:26 PM   #24
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
which do you think is a safer enviroment for both spectator and driver?
Neither cause all my track has is a fence and a 9" concrete barrier between you and that rail car.
Old 10-08-2004, 08:36 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom
Neither cause all my track has is a fence and a 9" concrete barrier between you and that rail car.
now of course we all realize that neither is 100% safe... but you honestly think that the street is as safe or safer than a track?

Quote:
kerry = senile idiot
Old 10-08-2004, 08:41 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Well said Mach1Blondie, this has been discussed over and over with mr turbo man, but he seased to believe it just because he has gone unscaithed and harmed during his triumphs and defeats from others.

I was watching recently a 20/20 episode recently that these kids were street racing and a young girl of only 16 that had her license for 2months ( yes not of expertise skills) had been racing in her eclipse with a few others doing 120 at night on a curvy stretch of road. And as she was approaching this 1 curve a mini-van with a family that coming home from dinner had come around the curve as she tried to pass one of the other racers that was familiar with the road and she collided directly into the van that killed her and the family of the van & left her girlfriend alive to witness it all that was slightly injurred too.

The 2 other racers that were involved were put up on man slaughter charges and reckless endangerment to others. ( the 1 boy received 10yrs prison time with a hefty fine, and the other received 6months probation being that he did plead guilty for reckless driving and showed remorse for his actions as the other did not being that he felt he was not responsible for the girl driving actions.)

these charges are put forward to who ever is normally caught in street racing. everytime...so think about it if you wanna be someones biotch the rest of your 10yrs of life and have a guilty consciounce (sp) knowing that you may have been responsible for someones lifes in danger.

A hefty price to pay for not wanting to drive and race someone at the track and be safe at the same time doing it!
Old 10-08-2004, 10:02 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to redrum Send a message via Yahoo to redrum
we in LSS already lost one member due to street racing.

street racing IS dangerous.
redrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 12:37 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

well that ur guys opinion on the matter. and I dont need to grow up. im going in an fing straight line. Wow you jog if you stay out of the street you wont get hit! Well enough said. I choose to street race so i will. who are you to tell me what I can and cannot do.
Old 10-09-2004, 01:15 AM   #29
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Street racing is extremely stupid..the older I get, the more I think about my actions and how they effect everyone else around me. Sure..I gun the car everyonce in a while. I got bored coming back from my gf's and did 110 down an empty stretch of 4 lane...but it still gives me the freaks to do it. I guess I'm just putting my personal experiences in here...but that's what ppl who've been there before are here for. I was nearly killed...actually died in a stupid speeding accident in a minivan of all things. Anyone who speeds excessively should be caught a few times just to show them what other people think about it all. I'd say everyone should go through my experience, but I don't wish that on anyone period. I had to go to wound therapy everyday and get a spot on my leg cut and picked at for about 3 hours a day to make sure it didn't scab over, and now I have a huge scar on the back of my leg that looks like ****. Everytime I stand up I'm in pain from my hip that was shattered, and every step is painful from the screws in my shattered ankle. Yeh it's fun, sure it's a rush, I'll agree with that every day of the week, but it's not worth the risks at all. Noone deserves to die or end someone else's life in a stupid driving accident. I think that anyone who kills someone else by stupid driving should be dealt with as if they shot the person. It's basically the same thing, just plain stupidity. Ok, I think I've posted enough now, just venting off some and letting people know what can happen to you. I guess you'll never understand till it personally happens to you...but it never happening and you not putting yourself in that postion is a much better thing.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 01:16 AM   #30
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
well that ur guys opinion on the matter. and I dont need to grow up. im going in an fing straight line. Wow you jog if you stay out of the street you wont get hit! Well enough said. I choose to street race so i will. who are you to tell me what I can and cannot do.
As far as this post goes...wow...how can you be this stupid...
Our's:
Old 10-09-2004, 02:12 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Dude sry you got in an accident but **** happens. dont go saying im stupid. im sick of about this just keep your opinions to your self.
Old 10-09-2004, 06:55 AM   #32
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Keep you opinions to yourself? Dude, this is an off-topic forum! Every post here is an opinion! I won't say that you are stupid, but I will say you are ignorant. And because of that, I pity you and am not upset about the posts you made bacause you don't know any better. I just pray you gain some wisdom and common sense befor its too late for you or anyone else who is affected by you ignorant ways.
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 09:36 AM   #33
Legacy Member
Legacy

Yeh..stupid was too strong of a word, ignorant is better. I'm not going to tell you to flat out not race because I do it too everyonce in a while. Just letting you know what can happen.
Our's:
Old 10-09-2004, 11:04 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r
Keep you opinions to yourself? Dude, this is an off-topic forum! Every post here is an opinion! I won't say that you are stupid, but I will say you are ignorant. And because of that, I pity you and am not upset about the posts you made bacause you don't know any better. I just pray you gain some wisdom and common sense befor its too late for you or anyone else who is affected by you ignorant ways.

amen!

Quote:
kerry = senile idiot

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar