*Rant*another cop case.... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-10-2004, 08:58 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to damustangfan14
*Rant*another cop case....

wow....in the same weekend too and ignorant. well, me and 2 of my homeboys were outside in the front yard playing catch with the football and decided to put some jams on. my grandpa had left his truck in our driveway and it has a system in it so we turned it up and left the windows open while we were playing. well this cop came by my street i geuss just patrolling or wutever. well he passed by like 10 minutes later this time with his passenger side right next to my yard and he stopped right there for like 5 seconds, and then turned on his car speaker thing and said "turn down the music" so i just go over to the truck and put it down. after he leaves im like " wtf....it wasnt so loud that it would disturb a neighboor or anything. where i live, a lot of ppl have their music on real loud, yes its a mostly hispanic neighborhood. i mean, i understand if its night time and ppl are trying to go to sleep but this. And it was like at 3:00pm too..so i after like 5 minutes i turn that b*tch back up. man i cant beleive this, again. man, screw the cops....not all but the ********.
damustangfan14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2004, 09:11 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to chips
once again, the cop was just doing his job. you'd be suprised at who music will bother. im willing to bet that one of your neighbors called the police about the music. you really can't bash the cop. all he did was tell you to turn it down. he didn't make any threats, he didn't issue a warning, he didn't get on you for disturbing the peace when he easily could've.

when i used to have subs, i'd listen to them all the time. i never turned it up very loud around my house, but it still pissed off my neighbors anyway.
Old 10-10-2004, 09:13 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Yup...nothing I can't stand more than one of my neighbors to have their music cranked up. It's an automatic 250 dollar fine here for the first offense. It doubles every time after that.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2004, 09:19 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to chips
also, keep in mind that bass will carry pretty far.

you mentioned that your grandpa has a system... im assuming that his system includes at least one subwoofer. when you are using subs, it may not sound loud when you are near it, but it might be loud in your neighbor's house. the sound waves will reverberate off the walls in a quiet room, and it can be very annoying.
Old 10-10-2004, 09:22 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to damustangfan14
My neighbors werent even outside and i doubt it could "Hurt their ears" from the inside. o well.....I take back the comments about the cops cuz sometimes they do protect and serve but most of the times they are ********. also, the nearest neighbors who are right next to us werent there at the time. and i doubt that the house on the other side of the street called on us cuz were really friendly with them.and fyi, im not really a bad person. before this weekend, ive never had any trouble with the law or anything.
damustangfan14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 09:27 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
I barely had my stereo on one day...walked across the road to my neighbor's house and was getting a headache from the constant bass. Those lows carry forever at distance...
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 01:13 AM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
yeah i can vouch for that, i went in the house across the street after tuning my subs yesterday and all the stuff in the kitchen was vibrating, but outside the house you could just hear the high pitched tweets, but i guess the walls act like a drum when bass hits them.

and yeah the cops just doing his job. hes prelly like "ugh another kid and his boom boom box" he couldve been a dick about it but he made his point pretty dam quick and i bet you ran over and turned it off pretty quick.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 05:59 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Falcon Send a message via MSN to Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon
cops used to get after me a ton when i was younger on my golf cart up at my cottage, i thought they just hated me, but one day the cop came up to my cottage when my golf cart was out and said someone complained about me driving wrecklessly that day, i was like wtf ive had my 3-6 year old cousins with me taking them around on nice slow rides to make them happy. Turns out some cranky old lady hated us because we owned a cottage better than her house cough trailer, so she decided to call the state troopers on me anytime she saw the gulf cart out. dang cranky old ladies with nothing to do but harass kids...:fu2:
Full Stainless Magnaflow Exhaust, Stainless Longtubes/Off Road Y-Pipe, QTP E-Cutout, HP Tuners, Super Sucker Ram Air Kit, BMR Tunnel Brace/Driveshaft Safety Loop, Hotchkis Panhard Bar, Hypertech 160 Thermostat, CF Whisper Air Lid, Corvette FRCs, K&N, !AIR, !EGR
Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar