Pick'n fights with the big boys and the runts - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-12-2004, 12:28 AM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Pick'n fights with the big boys and the runts

On my way home today I picked on this riced out Ford Probe. You guys would have cried.. ugly alum wing, huge coffee can exhaust.. Long story short on that "race" at the green we jet off a bit, he wasn't biting so I didn't accel. He then accels to pass me like I was "off guard" but he couldn't even reach me. It was quite a sad sight.. I turned right and went side streets home.

On my way I passed these guys getting into their black Subaru WRX STi, it looks SICK. Anyhow, as I'm driving I notice this guy behind me has different headlights, like if it was from an infinity or something. I slowed down a little so he'd get in the next lane to pass me. I looked over and the first thing I noticed as he moved up was the -wing-. He pulled a bit more forward and I grined, a silver Evo 8. I'd love to get my *** owned by that car, so I tried pick'n a fight getting close and going forward type of deal.

Finally at the red we both kinda went, but he slowed down to like 20.. so I slowed down to 20.. I was right next to him ready to recieve my *** paddling. Then he makes a right hand turn on to another street.

Damn it. I went to the gas station, filled up and was heading home. I saw the god damn Evo 8 again on the other side of traffic going along the street. what the hell???? You buy these expensive *** cars to do something with them not to drive them around like your grandma.. grr..

Well, frustrated I didn't get my *** kicked, but alright cuz I put the Probe in his probing place in life. I mean come on, the thing looks like my friends Nissan 240SX :-/

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2004, 12:47 AM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
lol i had a run in with a supra this weekend. i was cruising around like i usually do, and up ahead i see a pack of 2 hatches and a integra, with a supra in the middle. all the honduhs keep trying to race him and i can tell hes just laughing at them shaking their heads, cause by that time im behind him now. we were slowing down to a light and he switched lanes so we were side by side and first at the light. "oh boy, here it comes". we both take off casually like we werent gonna do anything, but i heard him spool so i instantly hit it in 1st and he hits it too. bang im about a car ahead, shift 2nd. all of a sudden i hear it, sounds like a dam 747 is about to pass me, look over and WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA he flies by me making me look like im standing still. so we cruise for a bit, talk. he asks if i was stock and i tell him what i have and he says "yeah i remember those days" then tells me he did the twin to single turbo swap though i didnt get what turbo he was running, but he was pushing "20lbs....for now". its all good though, he said that hed love to run again when im better "equipped".

then the night after i raced a mid 90's caprice and for the life of me i couldnt pull ahead, we were dead even all the way to about 100, which is right now the fastest ive been in the car. we both gave eachother thumbs up after the race. i love it when its just about racing for the fun of it,for the thrill, and nobody gets their ego's involved, and nobody gets their feelings hurt and does stupid crap to try to prove something. though i shouldve known when a all white caprice with bondo fenders and hood prolly has some hidden secret.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 01:22 AM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

I feel that way when I race my friends, like we are coming home from work and we speed away and as I get off my exit to go home we give each other the thumbs up, I give them my peace sign and we go off our seperate ways. I dunno, there's that feeling you get like EclipseGSTdude said. It's just racing, no egos are hurt. When I lose I don't throw a fit, I laugh about it and wonder what mods would have at least given me an edge. But it's all ****s n giggles.

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2004, 01:24 AM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph
what the hell???? You buy these expensive *** cars to do something with them not to drive them around like your grandma.. grr..

what would be the point of him racing you? we drive like grannies because we don't have anything to prove to v6 mustangs (no offense). It's the same principle that a viper owner is driving the speed limit whenever you see him. cop magent and nothing to prove. think having a huge wing and HIDs doesnt attract cops at night? You think we should be driving all crazy when we attract cops just at the sight of our cars? If you were in a ferrari, porsche, vette, 03+ cobra, maserati etc, then you will see our cars driven like they are supposed to
Old 10-12-2004, 01:26 AM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Hey now I was asking for an *** kicking, and in my V6 all he had to do was reach the speed limit from the red light faster than me and trust me that Evo would have done it in a flash Not like we were going to fly down the road at 100 with me way in the back lol

Old 10-12-2004, 01:31 AM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

I know, but when I am driving and a car I know is slower than me looks like he is itching for a race, it is usually not even worth the gas to do it. He prolly knew he was going to win and was like "eh, not even worth blipping the throttle." if you would have rolled down your window and somehow told him you just wanted to see him take off, he prolly would have for ya.

know what i mean?
Old 10-12-2004, 01:40 AM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Yeah, he was on his cell phone too though. Oooooh well. That would have made my night lol I don't get many stories with "Oh and I raced an Evo 8 and got my *** kicked" I get a bunch of stupid stories.. oh this one I'll add even though I didn't race.

This kid at work has got this Altima, the 260hp one, or whatever one has that kinda horse power. His daddy and mommy bought it for him, it's automatic with that manual crap with it so it's semi-manual.. you know what I mean? He just put a new sound system in it from the discounts at work. He got this nice amp with subs and all. So he's driving along one day and these kinda in this maxima come up next to him playing loud music from their stock system. The kid kinda laughs and turns up his system, the booming from the sub shakes his car and makes the two kids in the Maxima stop grinning and look serious staring ahead.

It goes green, the kid beats the Maxima like no competition. Then this Infinity with about the same if not more horse power comes up next to all of them. They all gun it at the next green, and at the next red light a cop pulls him over. The kid is thinking "Oh **** Oh ****!" The cop comes over and says angerly, "Do you know WHY I pulled you over son??" The kid says to himself, "Please say not for racing...." The cop says, "I can hear your damn music a block away! You're going to make yourself go deaf along with everyone else for this noise pollution!" The cop was standing there lecturing as he was about to give him a ticket. Suddenly the Maxima and the Infinity speed by them when the cop freezes up what he was doing, tells him to keep the music down as he ran back to his car and went after those two.

Old 10-12-2004, 01:50 AM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

lol. that's why you turn your stereo up to prove a point, then turn it back down.
Old 10-12-2004, 03:30 AM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
lol or just make it so the shear sight of your subs and amp alone is enough to make them think twice about even trying to turn their **** up.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar