Why Kerry does not want his Military Records Released, Powerful stuff.. - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-13-2004, 08:12 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Most of the statements in the article posted are facts. Your beliefs change nothing.

Fact, Kerry was in the military when he testified in the senate. His testimony and the lies he told are documented in video and his own book and later statements.

Fact, Kerry was still a naval officer when he went to Paris. His own book and testimony claims he talked with the enemy in contravention to the law and the uniform code of military justice.

Facts are damnable things. They are not opinons and your beliefs cannot change them. Only a self deluded moron would think otherwise.

If you want a pdf of Kerry's book that he will not allow to be reprinted email me at sknickerbocker@cox.net and I will send it to you. Read it and if you believe his relevant statements made today, 30+ years after the fact are more truthful and accurate than the statenments he made in the book, at the time or shortly after the incendents in question, then you are a partisan liar.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvr2000stang
Holy crap he's right.
Ponycarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2004, 12:42 PM   #37
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Will someone on this forum PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME what John Kerry's Plan is?

Please? Anyone?

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 12:56 PM   #38
Regular

http://www.johnkerry.com/issues/national_security/

^ thats John Kerry's plan fpr National Security.

Quote:
Launch And Lead A New Era Of Alliances
The threat of terrorism demands alliances on a global scale - to utilize every available resource to get the terrorists before they can strike at us. As president, John Kerry will lead a coalition of the able - because no force on earth is more able than the United States and its allies.
No **** We already have a coailition of the willing. France and Germany are not going to help us John Kerry. I'm sorry give it up. I dont want a President thats going to suck up to those ********.

Quote:
Modernize The World's Most Powerful Military To Meet New Threats
John Kerry and John Edwards have a plan to transform the world's most powerful military to better address the modern threats of terrorism and proliferation, while ensuring that we have enough properly trained and equipped troops to meet our enduring strategic and regional missions.
Whats the plan? How are you going to do it? Whats it going to cost? Is it not already being done?

Quote:
Deploy All That Is In America's Arsenal
The war on terror cannot be won by military might alone. As president, John Kerry will deploy all the forces in America's arsenal - our diplomacy, our intelligence system, our economic power, and the appeal of our values and ideas - to make America more secure and prevent a new generation of terrorists from emerging.
Give me a break!

Quote:
Free America From Its Dangerous Dependence On Mideast Oil
To secure our full independence and freedom, we must free America from its dangerous dependence on Mideast oil. By tapping American ingenuity, we can achieve that goal while growing our economy and protecting our environment.
^So much for a plan!

Reddit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2004, 01:04 PM   #39
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
lmfao, did anybody happen to see the FoxNews recap of the debates w/ John Kerry? It was seriously "I have a plan." "we have a plan" "I want to talk about my plan." "I have a plan" for over 2 minutes.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 01:07 PM   #40
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteStang99
lmfao, did anybody happen to see the FoxNews recap of the debates w/ John Kerry? It was seriously "I have a plan." "we have a plan" "I want to talk about my plan." "I have a plan" for over 2 minutes.
How can anyone vote for him? You can see right through him. He has no plan! Dont waste your vote on him! There is always Nader

Reddit
Old 10-13-2004, 01:09 PM   #41
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to V6STANG007 Send a message via Yahoo to V6STANG007
Um

http://www.johnkerry.com/about/john_...y_records.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
OK you are right!!! Maybe I am the Old Crazy One
V6STANG007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 01:12 PM   #42
Regular

I am about tired of arguing about stuff that happened over 30 years ago anyway. John Kerry has a plan by god and I want to know wtf it is!

Reddit
Old 10-13-2004, 01:29 PM   #43
Legacy Member
Legacy

He plans to be president ....

Quote:
Old 10-13-2004, 01:37 PM   #44
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Dom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Prove it

and dom its called google
I just figured all the people bashing Kerry's record could show me what Bush actually did in the military.
Old 10-13-2004, 01:41 PM   #45
Legacy Member
Legacy

Hellooooooo

http://www.johnkerry.com/about/john...ry_records.html

I'm just getting in on this for the hell of it, thruthfully I don't care what either candidate did in the military. I just focus on what they do today and what they have done during their time in our Gov't. And also I don't see why everybody is getting all upset about. it is inevitable that Bush will win this one
ok bye

Quote:
Old 10-13-2004, 01:43 PM   #46
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6STANG007
He plans to be president ....

Reddit
Old 10-13-2004, 01:44 PM   #47
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom
I just figured all the people bashing Kerry's record could show me what Bush actually did in the military.
He served

Reddit
Old 10-13-2004, 01:51 PM   #48
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
He served
George W. Bush
February, 1968:
A senior at Yale, Bush takes an Air Force officers test. He scores in 25th percentile in the pilot aptitude portion, and declares that he does not wish to serve overseas.

May 27, 1968:
Bush enlists in Texas Air National Guard. Aided by Texas House Speaker Ben Barnes, he jumps over waiting list. He pledges two years of active duty and four years of reserve duty.

June 9, 1968:
Bush's student deferment expires.

September 1968:
After basic training, Bush pulls inactive duty to act as gopher on Florida Senator Edward J. Gurney's campaign.

November 1968:
After Gurney wins, Bush is reactivated and transferred to Georgia.

November 1969:
Bush is flown to the White House by President Nixon for a date with daughter Tricia.

December 1969:
Bush transfers to Houston and moves into Chateaux Dijon complex. Laura lives there too, but they don't meet till later.

March 1970:
Bush gets his wings.

June 1970:
Bush joins the Guard's "Champagne Unit," where he flies with sons of Texas' elite.

November 3, 1970:
George Bush Sr. loses Senate election to Lloyd Bentsen, whose son is also in the "Champagne Unit."

November 7, 1970:
Bush is promoted to first lieutenant. Rejected by University of Texas School of Law.

January 1971:
The Texas Air National Guard begins testing for drugs during physicals.

Spring 1971:
Bush is hired by a Texas agricultural importer. He uses a National Guard F-102 to shuttle tropical plants from Florida.

May 26, 1972:
Bush transfers to Alabama Guard unit so he can work on Senator William Blount's reelection campaign. According to his commanding officer, Bush never shows up for duty while in Alabama.

August 1972:
Bush is grounded for missing a mandatory physical.

November 1972:
Bush returns to Houston, but never reports for Guard duty.

December 1972:
In D.C. for the holidays, Bush takes 16-year-old brother Marvin drinking and driving. Confronted by father, Bush suggests they settle it "mano a mano."

October 1, 1973:
The Air National Guard relieves Bush from commitment eight months early, allowing him to attend Harvard Business School.
Old 10-13-2004, 02:17 PM   #49
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom
George W. Bush
February, 1968:
A senior at Yale, Bush takes an Air Force officers test. He scores in 25th percentile in the pilot aptitude portion, and declares that he does not wish to serve overseas.

May 27, 1968:
Bush enlists in Texas Air National Guard. Aided by Texas House Speaker Ben Barnes, he jumps over waiting list. He pledges two years of active duty and four years of reserve duty.

June 9, 1968:
Bush's student deferment expires.

September 1968:
After basic training, Bush pulls inactive duty to act as gopher on Florida Senator Edward J. Gurney's campaign.

November 1968:
After Gurney wins, Bush is reactivated and transferred to Georgia.

November 1969:
Bush is flown to the White House by President Nixon for a date with daughter Tricia.

December 1969:
Bush transfers to Houston and moves into Chateaux Dijon complex. Laura lives there too, but they don't meet till later.

March 1970:
Bush gets his wings.

June 1970:
Bush joins the Guard's "Champagne Unit," where he flies with sons of Texas' elite.

November 3, 1970:
George Bush Sr. loses Senate election to Lloyd Bentsen, whose son is also in the "Champagne Unit."

November 7, 1970:
Bush is promoted to first lieutenant. Rejected by University of Texas School of Law.

January 1971:
The Texas Air National Guard begins testing for drugs during physicals.

Spring 1971:
Bush is hired by a Texas agricultural importer. He uses a National Guard F-102 to shuttle tropical plants from Florida.

May 26, 1972:
Bush transfers to Alabama Guard unit so he can work on Senator William Blount's reelection campaign. According to his commanding officer, Bush never shows up for duty while in Alabama.

August 1972:
Bush is grounded for missing a mandatory physical.

November 1972:
Bush returns to Houston, but never reports for Guard duty.

December 1972:
In D.C. for the holidays, Bush takes 16-year-old brother Marvin drinking and driving. Confronted by father, Bush suggests they settle it "mano a mano."

October 1, 1973:
The Air National Guard relieves Bush from commitment eight months early, allowing him to attend Harvard Business School.
This looks like something from Michael Moores movie. Who would know some of this stuff. Looks like dirt plain and simple. Hey I worked on Winston (Red) Blount's election Senatorial campaign his name is not William. He was never a Senator he lost to Sen Noonan. Blount was the US Postmaster General under Nixon. So this crap is full of holes from the start
Old 10-13-2004, 02:36 PM   #50
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
Quote:
Originally Posted by whipster24
did you hear what he said when he was asked what his plan for Iraq was?

(paraphrasing somewhat)

I don't know what I will do when I become president because I don't know what the situation will be then.... But I have a plan

He has a plan but he doesn't know what he will do? If that isn't a contradiction (flip-flop) then I don't know what it is!
alright, this isn't a flip flop actually.... before you freak... just listen. I'll use an analogy. As of right now, you know what you would do to your car to mod it. However, next year, what are you going to do? Exactly what will you do whipster? Tell me your plan for next April for mods for your car.... you can't give me an ironclad plan for next April, because we're x number of days from April yet, and you don't have any idea what all you'll have done, or what all you will find that's a great deal or anything.... fact is, there are too many unknowns. Is John Kerry at the same level of intelligence as Bush? NO, that's another reason he can't list an exact plan....

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 02:40 PM   #51
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner
alright, this isn't a flip flop actually.... before you freak... just listen. I'll use an analogy. As of right now, you know what you would do to your car to mod it. However, next year, what are you going to do? Exactly what will you do whipster? Tell me your plan for next April for mods for your car.... you can't give me an ironclad plan for next April, because we're x number of days from April yet, and you don't have any idea what all you'll have done, or what all you will find that's a great deal or anything.... fact is, there are too many unknowns. Is John Kerry at the same level of intelligence as Bush? NO, that's another reason he can't list an exact plan....
WHAT???!!!! you wanna be responsible to make decisions that will affect the lives of millions of people you better have a plan!!!!

Quote:
Old 10-13-2004, 02:40 PM   #52
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Dude that is a bad analogy. If Kerry does not know what he has planned for the next 4 years I sure *** hell dont want him to be president. Damn I cannot believe you said this OH WAIT I can believe it
Old 10-13-2004, 02:47 PM   #53
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
Quote:
No **** We already have a coailition of the willing. France and Germany are not going to help us John Kerry. I'm sorry give it up. I dont want a President thats going to suck up to those ********.

Whats the plan? How are you going to do it? Whats it going to cost? Is it not already being done?

^So much for a plan!
first off, I don't know so much as though he was talking about a Coalition of the Willing as being France and Germany. Wouldn't the willing countries be those that are... for a lack of a better word.... willing.... to fight with us for our cause? If France and Germany aren't willing... then they aren't in the willing coalition, makes perfect sense.

Secondly..... you get upset with Kerry for not having a plan, not having a way to execute his plan, not knowing how much his plan will cost.... Bush can't even tell you how much his current bill on the war is. It'd be frightening. Anyone know how much we've spent already? Plus, we'll have to pull all our troops out, rebuild the country... ship all our guys back home, all our machinary, all our air planes.... everything... that's not cheap people. I bet you Bush doesn't know (or care) how much we've spent on the war as of this instant. I watched Baghdad go up under bombs at night, and it looked like fireworks hitting the ground... and then listening to the commentator say that each bomb was about a million dollars... there goes a million... followed by 10 million, and then another who knows how many bombs. I know we bombed them for a damn long time though. So you get mad at Kerry for not knowing how much a plan he hasn't set into action will cost, and you don't get mad at Bush for spending how many hundreds of billions?...

Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
Old 10-13-2004, 02:49 PM   #54
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Dude that is a bad analogy. If Kerry does not know what he has planned for the next 4 years I sure *** hell dont want him to be president. Damn I cannot believe you said this OH WAIT I can believe it
no, that's an excellent analogy... if you don't know what the conditions will be in the future, you can't make a perfect plan. You're asking Kerry for his plan when he gets in office... that's future tense

Old 10-13-2004, 02:51 PM   #55
I liek gramer
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
No, Kerry says he HAS a plan. and he says it quite often.

If he has one, let's hear it!

Since you started w/ the bad car analogies. I'm going to say that I have a cobra. I mean, I don't actually have one, but I want one, and maybe eventually I'll get one. But I shouldn't say I have it if I don't.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 02:53 PM   #56
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to whipster24 Send a message via Yahoo to whipster24
Kerry shouldn't say he has a plan for Iraq if he doesn't know what he is going to do about it. It isn't that complicated.

And saying that he will fight a smarter war isn't a plan

saying that he's going to bring in more allies (i.e. france, germany, russia) is not an option seeing that they were in bed with Saddam in the first place and have already flat out stated that they aren't going to help us out regardless of who is president.

Kerry has no plan, he just says he does and depends on people being too stupid to look into it.

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
-Adolf Hitler, 1935
whipster24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 02:54 PM   #57
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to whipster24 Send a message via Yahoo to whipster24
Quote:
no, that's an excellent analogy... if you don't know what the conditions will be in the future, you can't make a perfect plan. You're asking Kerry for his plan when he gets in office... that's future tense
I'm sorry but that is the dumbest thing I've ever seen....

a plan is by definition something that is future tense. You don't plan the past. If he doesn't know what he is going to do then he shouldn't say he has a plan

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
-Adolf Hitler, 1935
whipster24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 02:55 PM   #58
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: North Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Rick0636 Send a message via Yahoo to Rick0636
He has no plan, that is his plan.
Rick Kilpatrick, AAS Automotive Systems Tech, Alamance Community College, Class of 99. 06 5 speed manual Mustang with Pony pkg : GT Mac Mufflers, true duals with one custom pipe. 2.5" system. GT bumper cover, all installed March 7&8 2006. AFE Stage 1 CAI, Motoblue Underdrive pulley, GT aluminum shifter knob, honeycomb rear blackout panel,and dash kit installed. Roush hood scoop and side window louvers installed. SS taillight trim has been installed, new alum. GT steering wheel installed.
Rick0636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 02:56 PM   #59
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Yes you do make plans for the future!!!! Man you suck at logic. You forcast and plan for the future. Hell if you didn't we would be no where!!!! The fact is sometimes you have to deviate from your course but you always plan well ahead.

You might not plan your life for the future and go thru life without a plan BUT REST ASSURED THE LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD BETTER PLAN FOR THE FUTURE ARE WE ALL ARE DOOMED
Old 10-13-2004, 02:59 PM   #60
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
BAhahahahahahahahahaha ...dude shut it!!!!!
U might not now what the conditions will be the future, but you sure as hell know what the conditions are today, What the hell are u going to do about it??!!!!! based on our present what is your plan for our future??!! for the love of god man!!.

Quote:
Old 10-13-2004, 03:04 PM   #61
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: North Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Rick0636 Send a message via Yahoo to Rick0636
When Kerry gets in office, I would say that is a very weak IF he ever gets in office again, I hope what he is doing soon is looking for a new job, because he certainly does not deserve to be our President!
Rick Kilpatrick, AAS Automotive Systems Tech, Alamance Community College, Class of 99. 06 5 speed manual Mustang with Pony pkg : GT Mac Mufflers, true duals with one custom pipe. 2.5" system. GT bumper cover, all installed March 7&8 2006. AFE Stage 1 CAI, Motoblue Underdrive pulley, GT aluminum shifter knob, honeycomb rear blackout panel,and dash kit installed. Roush hood scoop and side window louvers installed. SS taillight trim has been installed, new alum. GT steering wheel installed.
Rick0636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 03:29 PM   #62
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
first off, I don't know so much as though he was talking about a Coalition of the Willing as being France and Germany. Wouldn't the willing countries be those that are... for a lack of a better word.... willing.... to fight with us for our cause? If France and Germany aren't willing... then they aren't in the willing coalition, makes perfect sense.
Whoa..whoa...whoa....if the words of Bush himself, "You forgot about Poland."
Old 10-13-2004, 06:19 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponycarman
Most of the statements in the article posted are facts. Your beliefs change nothing.

Fact, Kerry was in the military when he testified in the senate. His testimony and the lies he told are documented in video and his own book and later statements.

Fact, Kerry was still a naval officer when he went to Paris. His own book and testimony claims he talked with the enemy in contravention to the law and the uniform code of military justice.

Facts are damnable things. They are not opinons and your beliefs cannot change them. Only a self deluded moron would think otherwise.

If you want a pdf of Kerry's book that he will not allow to be reprinted email me at sknickerbocker@cox.net and I will send it to you. Read it and if you believe his relevant statements made today, 30+ years after the fact are more truthful and accurate than the statenments he made in the book, at the time or shortly after the incendents in question, then you are a partisan liar.

Steve

Plot thickens after checking records

August 27, 2004

BY THOMAS LIPSCOMB Advertisement
on error resume next plugin = ( IsObject(CreateObject("ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash.3")))if ( plugin Fake claims not uncommon

B.G. Burkett, a Vietnam veteran himself, received the highest award the Army gives to a civilian, the Distinguished Civilian Service Award, for his book Stolen Valor. Burkett pored through thousands of military service records, uncovering phony claims of awards and fake claims of military service. "I've run across several claims for Silver Stars with combat V's, but they were all in fake records," he said.

Burkett recently filed a complaint that led last month to the sentencing of Navy Capt. Roger D. Edwards to 115 days in the brig for falsification of his records.

Kerry's Web site also lists two different citations for the Silver Star. One was issued by the commander in chief of the Pacific Command (CINCPAC), Adm. John Hyland. The other, issued by Secretary of the Navy John Lehman during the Reagan administration, contained some revisions and additional language. "By his brave actions, bold initiative, and unwavering devotion to duty, Lieutenant (j.g.) Kerry reflected great credit upon himself... ."

One award, three citations

But a third citation exists that appears to be the earliest. And it is not on the Kerry campaign Web site. It was issued by Vice Adm. Elmo Zumwalt, commander of U.S. naval forces in Vietnam. This citation lacks the language in the Hyland citation or that added by the Lehman version, but includes another 170 words in a detailed description of Kerry's attack on a Viet Cong ambush, his killing of an enemy soldier carrying a loaded rocket launcher, as well as military equipment captured and a body count of dead enemy.

Maj. Anthony Milavic, a retired Marine Vietnam veteran, calls the issuance of three citations for the same medal "bizarre." Milavic hosts Milinet, an Internet forum popular with the military community that is intended "to provide a forum in military/political affairs."

Normally in the case of a lost citation, Milavec points out, the awardee simply asked for a copy to be sent to him from his service personnel records office where it remains on file. "I have never heard of multi-citations from three different people for the same medal award," he said. Nor has Burkett: "It is even stranger to have three different descriptions of the awardee's conduct in the citations for the same award."

So far, there are also two varying citations for Kerry's Bronze Star, one by Zumwalt and the other by Lehman as secretary of the Navy, both posted on johnkerry.com.

Kerry's Web site also carries a DD215 form revising his DD214, issued March 12, 2001, which adds four bronze campaign stars to his Vietnam service medal. The campaign stars are issued for participation in any of the 17 Department of Defense named campaigns that extended from 1962 to the cease-fire in 1973.

However, according to the Navy spokesman, Kerry should only have two campaign stars: one for "Counteroffensive, Phase VI," and one for "Tet69, Counteroffensive."

94 pages of records unreleased?

Reporting by the Washington Post's Michael Dobbs points out that although the Kerry campaign insists that it has released Kerry's full military records, the Post was only able to get six pages of records under its Freedom of Information Act request out of the "at least a hundred pages" a Naval Personnel Office spokesman called the "full file."

What could that more than 100 pages contain? Questions have been raised about President Bush's drill attendance in the reserves, but Bush received his honorable discharge on schedule. Kerry, who should have been discharged from the Navy about the same time -- July 1, 1972 -- wasn't given the discharge he has on his campaign Web site until July 13, 1978. What delayed the discharge for six years? This raises serious questions about Kerry's performance while in the reserves that are far more potentially damaging than those raised against Bush.

Experts point out that even the official military records get screwed up. Milavic is trying to get mistakes in his own DD214 file corrected. In his opinion, "these entries are not prima facie evidence of lying or unethical behavior on the part of Kerry or anyone else with screwed-up DD214s." Burkett, who has spent years working with the FBI, Department of Justice and all of the military services uncovering fraudulent files in the official records, is less charitable: "The multiple citations and variations in the official record are reason for suspicion in itself, even disregarding the current swift boat veterans' controversy."

sctalbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 07:06 PM   #64
Legacy Member
Legacy

ok, or you can completely miss what I was saying.... as you all did. You can't make a perfect plan... you can't get in there and say I WILL do this, because you don't have access to all the info the President does. You don't know everything he does, you don't get that kinda stuff. My point wasn't that you don't plan for the future. But something such as a war... you can't come in knowing little and spell out exactly what you wanna do. Put it this way... there is a garage... there are people in the garage that are mechanics... this would be similar to the President's Cabinet... the president must go into the garage, and build a car, from scratch. The President doesn't have much experience with cars... maybe he's only changed the oil. Now, before he gets into the garage, how is it fair to expect him to lay out every step to build this car? It isn't... that's my point. He can say stuff like.. well first I'll start with building the engine... sure, that's one step, but it's really MANY steps. That'd be like part of a plan. What do you plan on doing? I plan on getting more help for the war... how do you go about that?... that would be equal to saying... What do you plan on doing? I plan on building an engine. See, they're both goals. He may not know exactly how he wants to get there yet, just that that's where he wants to be. His 'plan' doesn't have to be 100% all thought out, with every t crossed, and every i dotted. His plan has to be something about what he wants to do, in the order he wants to do it. That'd be like... reform education, strengthen our hold in Iraq, rebuild Iraq, leave Iraq....... oh my, it's a plan!... but none of you recognize that as a plan, because the steps aren't detailed enough for you to call it a plan... but that part doesn't really matter as much as the main goals. When I said, you don't make a plan for that far in the future, I was talking a plan like you were talking plan for Kerry... then, when you wanted it to work for you, you switched the meaning of plan to include goals. You've gotta stick one way or the other or I'll just qualify everything, and all my posts will be this long. It's basically up to you. But what I'm saying is, you can't say I'm going to take this bolt that's 3" long, and place it in this exact hole, and tighten it to this exact torque at this exact hour 5 months in advance... that's not practical... as far as being logical, yeah, I am... analogies are logic based.. the fact you didn't get it is on you. The fact you switched your meaning of plan is on you.

Old 10-13-2004, 07:38 PM   #65
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
ok, or you can completely miss what I was saying.... as you all did. You can't make a perfect plan... you can't get in there and say I WILL do this, because you don't have access to all the info the President does. You don't know everything he does, you don't get that kinda stuff. My point wasn't that you don't plan for the future. But something such as a war... you can't come in knowing little and spell out exactly what you wanna do. Put it this way... there is a garage... there are people in the garage that are mechanics... this would be similar to the President's Cabinet... the president must go into the garage, and build a car, from scratch. The President doesn't have much experience with cars... maybe he's only changed the oil. Now, before he gets into the garage, how is it fair to expect him to lay out every step to build this car? It isn't... that's my point. He can say stuff like.. well first I'll start with building the engine... sure, that's one step, but it's really MANY steps. That'd be like part of a plan. What do you plan on doing? I plan on getting more help for the war... how do you go about that?... that would be equal to saying... What do you plan on doing? I plan on building an engine. See, they're both goals. He may not know exactly how he wants to get there yet, just that that's where he wants to be. His 'plan' doesn't have to be 100% all thought out, with every t crossed, and every i dotted. His plan has to be something about what he wants to do, in the order he wants to do it. That'd be like... reform education, strengthen our hold in Iraq, rebuild Iraq, leave Iraq....... oh my, it's a plan!... but none of you recognize that as a plan, because the steps aren't detailed enough for you to call it a plan... but that part doesn't really matter as much as the main goals. When I said, you don't make a plan for that far in the future, I was talking a plan like you were talking plan for Kerry... then, when you wanted it to work for you, you switched the meaning of plan to include goals. You've gotta stick one way or the other or I'll just qualify everything, and all my posts will be this long. It's basically up to you. But what I'm saying is, you can't say I'm going to take this bolt that's 3" long, and place it in this exact hole, and tighten it to this exact torque at this exact hour 5 months in advance... that's not practical... as far as being logical, yeah, I am... analogies are logic based.. the fact you didn't get it is on you. The fact you switched your meaning of plan is on you.

As a Senator and on the Intelligence committee Kerry has access to all the president does. There is where you dont understand the roles of Government and you buy into the big lie that Bush new something the Senate did not and that is a lie. The leaders of Senate intell committee is a part of every daily Intell brief the President is at. Just like the crap about the Draft , Democratic Senators put the draft bill up, not the president, in hopes of causing confusion.

No the President elect has a 4 year plan from the get go. Kerry Gets his own Intell briefings with the same info as the president. Period

Are you a Conspiracy nut that thinks the President has some secret plan and intell he keeps to himself. Only sensitive national security interest are held close but The Senate Intell committee has access also. In our system of Government we have checks and balances and each branch of the Gov oversees the other.
Old 10-13-2004, 07:41 PM   #66
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to dark Send a message via Yahoo to dark
personally, i think politicians look out for themselves first and the country second

look at the senate. they set their own paycheck at 6 figures a year
Old 10-13-2004, 07:43 PM   #67
Legacy Member
Legacy

you freaked out over my analogy man... Bush has been at this game for almost 4 years now.. Kerry just started... of course the man's plan isn't gonna be up to snuff right out of the gate. you attacked me over my analogy. Does the president know stuff Kerry doesn't? OF COURSE... he has to.. he's the President, if everyone knew everything in Washington, how would there be any national security? oh yeah, those politicians are sworn to an oath... as if anyone trusts all politicians. Think about it. It makes sense, and I'm not saying conspiracy.... I'm saying common sense.

Old 10-13-2004, 07:44 PM   #68
Legacy Member
Legacy

the President isn't the only one with that info, of course not... but would Kerry have ALL the info Bush has?.... no

Old 10-13-2004, 07:47 PM   #69
Legacy Member
Legacy

Yes he does Kerry is on the Senate Intelligence committee. You have bought into the lie that Kerry says he would not have gone along with the war in Iraq if he new what bush did, LIE LIE LIE OH WAIT Kerry was absent 70% of the time from his committee meetings so he might not have known

Daily Intell briefing roster

President
VP
Secetary of State
Secetary of Defense
Joint Chief of Staff from the Pentagon
National security Advisor
FBI Director
CIA Director
Homeland security Director
Senate Intell Chairman
Congressional Intell Chairman
Old 10-13-2004, 07:49 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
the President isn't the only one with that info, of course not... but would Kerry have ALL the info Bush has?.... no
jimmy_beaners news source
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	yoda2.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	3822  
sctalbott is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar