New Anti-Kerry email going around - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-12-2004, 08:19 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Post New Anti-Kerry email going around

This is an email I got from my uncle, thought I'd pass it along to you guys if you want to read.

subject:

John F. Kerry is one of the richest Senators in Government. If elected President he will be the second richest President ever....second only to George Washington. J.F. Kennedy would follow as the third richest. When someone is elected president, it means the Secret Service has to protect the President and his family as well as his property.

The Kerry's have five US properties not counting the several foreign properties they also own . The annual costs to run these homes are more than what the average American earns, even if the rent was free, and all you had to pay for was the water, gas &electric, grounds keepers, maintenance, pool, and house keepers. If Kerry were to be elected President the taxpayers would be required to pay for all that.

Another cost to the taxpayers would be a security staff 24 hours a day to survey the perimeters and to protect the properties. In addition to that we will have to pay for security improvements for each of their homes even if they never go to them all. This takes all the expense off Kerry and puts it on us.

Another major cost to American taxpayers is the protection for all their properties with Secret Service agents. This requires 5 agents per 6 hour shift......that means they shift 4 times a day, 365 days of the year . This will go on for the rest of their lives so long as they own those properties. The taxpayers are required to pay for all this as well as his annual salary and his retirements.

Five properties need to be protected. This means five Secret Service Agents per six hour shift, daily . Four times a day a new shift of five agents goes on duty. That is 20 Secret Service Agents per day per property including Holidays, etc. Holiday pay is probably double.

Assume that each secret service agent earns about $90K on average. Five properties...... so far, at 20 agents per property means
100 agents per day or $9,000,000 per year just for their salaries . That is if the Kerry's don't buy any more properties. Of course, if they buy more properties they will also be included. We would also have to provide the Agents with vehicles and cover the costs of repairs, gas, etc. We would have to pay for their meals, days off, paid vacations, and medical insurance coverage for each.

How on earth would Kerry pay for everyone to have Healthcare, two chickens in every pot and have us pay to protect his investments, all without raising our taxes?

It makes you wonder why anyone with his wealth, would take a salary of that of a U.S. Senator, or of a President?

Please pass the Mustard and if it is Heinz, check the label.....it was probably made in Mexico. I say keep Bush in the White House and let Kerry pay for his own houses.

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2004, 01:00 AM   #2
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I dont need some spam email to tell me that Kerry is worthless. I can tell that when he opens his mouth

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 09:32 AM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to V6STANG007 Send a message via Yahoo to V6STANG007
Try not to bite into all the bs that is out there

I am not trying to defend kerry but BS is BS

from snopes.com:
http://www.snopes.com/politics/kerry/secret.asp
John Kerry and his wife, Teresa Heinz Kerry, together own several homes, but since they signed a prenuptial agreement and have kept their premarital assets separate, a Boston townhouse (which John Kerry mortgaged in 2003 to finance his presidential bid) is the only one of these homes that they technically own as a couple. The government is obligated to provide Secret Service protection to the President and his immediate family, so if John Kerry were elected to that office, of course he and his family would be entitled to the same level of security detail that the Secret Service provides to every President. That protection might indeed include the use of public funds to pay the costs of installation and maintenance for security systems at some of the Kerrys' homes, because the protection of First Families is viewed as a right and proper charge upon the nation. Security measures of this level would not be specific to the Kerrys; the homes of all Presidents are treated this way, as (to a lesser extent) are the homes of all former Presidents.

It is not true, however, that every single residence owned by the either of the Kerrys (whether it be in America or abroad) would be staffed by five Secret Service agents around the clock, and that those agents would be guarding the Kerrys and all their properties for the rest of John Kerry's life. Secret Service staffing levels vary as the situation requires, and lifetime protection for former Presidents and their spouses was eliminated by Congressional legislation in 1997. President Clinton and his wife, Hillary, are the last First Couple who will receive such a benefit; President George W. Bush and all who succeed him in the White House will be limited to receiving Secret Service protection for a period of not more than 10 years from the time they leave office.

In any case, the idea that U.S. voters would have to pay higher taxes if John Kerry were elected President in order to "protect his investments" is just silly. The projected U.S. federal budget for 2005 is $2.4 trillion the amount of money spent to protect the President and his family (whoever that President might be) is but a teeny-tiny fraction of a drop in that vast bucket. The only thing sillier than that notion that taxes would have to be raised to protect a putative President Kerry is the suggestion that the cost of Secret Service protection should be a factor in voters' choosing who should serve as President of the United States.

For more information about the protection afforded former Presidents, see our article about a similar rumor that was attached to the previous First Couple when President Bill Clinton left office in 2001.

Last updated: 2 October 2004

The URL for this page is http://www.snopes.com/politics/kerry/secret.asp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
OK you are right!!! Maybe I am the Old Crazy One
V6STANG007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2004, 09:38 AM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to V6STANG007 Send a message via Yahoo to V6STANG007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph

Please pass the Mustard and if it is Heinz, check the label.....it was probably made in Mexico.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/kerry/heinz.asp

"... Teresa Heinz Kerry does not "own the Heinz Corporation" she has no involvement whatsoever with the management or operations of the H.J. Heinz Company, nor does she own anything close to a controlling interest of the company's stock. According to Heinz itself, the Heinz family trust which Mrs. Kerry inherited sold most of its shares of Heinz stock back in 1995 and currently holds less than a 4% interest in the company..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
OK you are right!!! Maybe I am the Old Crazy One
V6STANG007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 10:37 AM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: North Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Rick0636 Send a message via Yahoo to Rick0636
I heard that Kerry's first wife was also rich and that he divorced her after he had gone thru most of her fortune. He obviously latched on to a large REPUBLICAN fortune when he married Sen. Heinz's widow.
Rick Kilpatrick, AAS Automotive Systems Tech, Alamance Community College, Class of 99. 06 5 speed manual Mustang with Pony pkg : GT Mac Mufflers, true duals with one custom pipe. 2.5" system. GT bumper cover, all installed March 7&8 2006. AFE Stage 1 CAI, Motoblue Underdrive pulley, GT aluminum shifter knob, honeycomb rear blackout panel,and dash kit installed. Roush hood scoop and side window louvers installed. SS taillight trim has been installed, new alum. GT steering wheel installed.
Rick0636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 12:38 PM   #6
Regular

Its not helping anything to be posting emails that you can not verify as true.

Reddit
Old 10-13-2004, 12:48 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Well, excuse me, I am certain there is more truth to them than 95% of Kerry's campaign ads.
Rick Kilpatrick, AAS Automotive Systems Tech, Alamance Community College, Class of 99. 06 5 speed manual Mustang with Pony pkg : GT Mac Mufflers, true duals with one custom pipe. 2.5" system. GT bumper cover, all installed March 7&8 2006. AFE Stage 1 CAI, Motoblue Underdrive pulley, GT aluminum shifter knob, honeycomb rear blackout panel,and dash kit installed. Roush hood scoop and side window louvers installed. SS taillight trim has been installed, new alum. GT steering wheel installed.
Old 10-13-2004, 12:59 PM   #8
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick0636
Well, excuse me, I am certain there is more truth to them than 95% of Kerry's campaign ads.
I'm just saying I like to make sure stuff I am posting is 100% correct before i do it.

Reddit
Old 10-13-2004, 01:34 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
and I just post what I find, true or not

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 02:09 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

The ones I posted recently all came from Spiritprayerwarriors, I don't think they deliberately post a lot of lies!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar