Edwards sinks to new low in pandering - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-13-2004, 01:40 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to whipster24 Send a message via Yahoo to whipster24
Edwards sinks to new low in pandering

"Christopher Reeve just passed away, and America just lost a great champion for this cause, somebody who was a powerful voice for the need to do stem cell research and change the lives of people like him, who have gone through a tragedy. Well, if we do the work that we can do in this country, the work that we will do when John Kerry is president, people like Christopher Reeve are going to walk, get up out of that wheelchair and walk again."

According to Edwards anyway....

So now the 2 Johns will make the lame walk, the blind see, the deaf hear!!! amazing!!!

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
-Adolf Hitler, 1935
whipster24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2004, 01:42 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
It's a miracle! Where did Kerry get this guy, he's a ****ing loon, a slacker, and highly unexperienced for the job.

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 01:47 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

And the pathetic thing is that Edwards was saying that Reeves remained disabled because of Bush! (the first president to fund stem cell research by the way)

People act like stem cell research is the holy grail of medicine when if you look seriously at it and the research, it doesn't show so much promise for what many on the left are saying.

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
-Adolf Hitler, 1935
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2004, 01:47 PM   #4
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Yea does anyone else not want two lawyers leading this country? Both Johns are lawyers. Scary huh?

I cant stand John Edwards. You make fun of the way Bush talks but when John Kerry opens his mouth I want to slam my head against the wall

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 02:26 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by whipster24
People act like stem cell research is the holy grail of medicine when if you look seriously at it and the research, it doesn't show so much promise for what many on the left are saying.
Um if you done a little reading up on this stem cell research youd know that this is the future of medical science.
Reeve himself got off his wheel chair someone whom they told would never even get out that chair. Stem cell also has helped a great deal of people out already as of now.
Yes Bush helped funded but now he wants to take it away ever since this whole "im a jesus freak and cant mess with life" (one main reason why I hate Bush)
Worst Mistake Ever
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 02:26 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Someone keep up with the debate tonight, I gotta go visit my roommate's sis so we can talk to her husband bout cutting an engine out of a block of aluminum...
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 02:43 PM   #7
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
Quote:
ever since this whole "im a jesus freak and cant mess with life" (one main reason why I hate Bush)
Worst Mistake Ever
well guess you hate most of America then, huh?

oh, and I'm with lowflyn. I have a pass/fail calculus test tomorrow i have to study for.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 02:47 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Reeve never got up out of the wheelchair, that was c.g.i. in a commercial. He was just regaining some movement of one hand. It is far from the future of medicine.

-Adolf Hitler, 1935
Old 10-13-2004, 03:45 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan
Quote:
Originally Posted by whipster24
Reeve never got up out of the wheelchair, that was c.g.i. in a commercial. He was just regaining some movement of one hand. It is far from the future of medicine.

he was also supported upright in one of the bigger news shows (60 minutes, or 2020 something like that) and his legs ended up pedaling on their own as if he were walking... a study about how walking might be inbred into the muscles..
MonteCitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 03:56 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph
It's a miracle! Where did Kerry get this guy, he's a ****ing loon, a slacker, and highly unexperienced for the job.
if your life partner was running for president, wouldnt YOU want to be the VP too???
Old 10-13-2004, 04:45 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteStang99
well guess you hate most of America then, huh?
Have you ever left the south? Not everyone in this country are jesus lovers. I know around up here there LOTS of people vocal about how much religion is a joke and im quite sure that even on the western side its the same way
Old 10-13-2004, 04:46 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCitan
he was also supported upright in one of the bigger news shows (60 minutes, or 2020 something like that) and his legs ended up pedaling on their own as if he were walking... a study about how walking might be inbred into the muscles..
Guess im not the only one who knows that Reeve DID get off his chair whatta ya know.

Stem Cell is the future and unless you give me reasons why it isnt thats my opinion
Old 10-13-2004, 05:11 PM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

And what do you actually know about it to say that it is the future other then the line from the left saying so?

It is ridiculous for Edwards to say that if Kerry is elected president then people like Reeve will then be able to walk. Stem cell research is still happening and medical research has little to do with who is president.

-Adolf Hitler, 1935
Old 10-13-2004, 05:25 PM   #14
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemustang
Have you ever left the south? Not everyone in this country are jesus lovers. I know around up here there LOTS of people vocal about how much religion is a joke and im quite sure that even on the western side its the same way
well to get this out of the way, yes. I'm not quite as ignorant as you seem. oh, and

If he was "supported upright" that doesn't mean he could stand. If I can bungee jump, that doesn't mean i can jump off a bridge and just hang there. Besides, even if he did stand up and run in fing circles, it wasn't because of John Kerry, John Edwards, or stem cell research.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 05:51 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to blownsix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Yea does anyone else not want two lawyers leading this country? Both Johns are lawyers. Scary huh?

I cant stand John Edwards. You make fun of the way Bush talks but when John Kerry opens his mouth I want to slam my head against the wall
I am about the same way, But i would rather slam kerrys head into a wall .

Performance: Vortech V1, Mac Long Tube Headers, Mac O/R H pipe, 80MM Lightning MAF, GT Take offs Tuned By Doug at Bamachips, 4.10s

Interior: Autometer Phantom gauges Boost, Water Temp, A/F, Dual pillar gauge Pod, Gagueg Bezel,
Styling: Mach 1 Grill Delete Kit, GT hood scoop, Smoked Headlight and Taillight blackouts, taillight sequencers kit
blownsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 06:03 PM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to dark Send a message via Yahoo to dark
i'm not even gonna get into this
Old 10-13-2004, 06:09 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
i dont believe in any religion but thats what i belive, any person that is educated would tell you that religion is no joke, this country was made because of religion, some people belive in god so therefore it is not a joke it is just a belief. oh and jesus isnt the only god so dont go talking about religion as a whole then generalizing it as if jesus's religion is the only one.
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 06:09 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Have you ever thought about how mankind was created and how we got here! Unless you are one of those people who belive in evolution and you came from a
duckbill platipus. This country was founded by God Fearing People!!!
sctalbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 06:12 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sctalbott
Have you ever thought about how mankind was created and how we got here! Unless you are one of those people who belive in evolution and you came from a
duckbill platipus. This country was founded by God Fearing People!!!
muhahaha beat you to it.
Old 10-13-2004, 07:07 PM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy

no, this country was founded by people who were pissed off at the british monarchy and the roman catholic church and their taxation
Old 10-13-2004, 07:09 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark
no, this country was founded by people who were pissed off at the british monarchy and the roman catholic church and their taxation
they were not mad at british monorchy, there was no more easy to buy farm land so they had to come to the us. oh and u said they were mad at the roman catholic church, thats religion
Old 10-13-2004, 07:18 PM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
it's amazing how Bush can be so anti-abortion and yet fund stem cell research.... also murder... considering they usually get it from an unborn fetus... that's why Southpark made fun of Reeves.... he could walk again, but only if he ate fetus

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 07:38 PM   #23
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 232stang
they were not mad at british monorchy, there was no more easy to buy farm land so they had to come to the us. oh and u said they were mad at the roman catholic church, thats religion
no, that's a denomination

christianity is a religion
Old 10-13-2004, 07:44 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark
no, that's a denomination

christianity is a religion
i meant it like the roman catholic church has a lot to do with religion.
Old 10-13-2004, 07:44 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner
it's amazing how Bush can be so anti-abortion and yet fund stem cell research.... also murder... considering they usually get it from an unborn fetus... that's why Southpark made fun of Reeves.... he could walk again, but only if he ate fetus
Here is jimmy_beaners news source

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	yoda2.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	3821  
sctalbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 07:50 PM   #26
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
where are they..... :fu1: :fu2: :thumbsdow:liar: :*******: ahh yeah, that's what I was looking for

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 08:40 PM   #27
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner
He funded research of stem cells that ALREADY existed!! Meaning they were already destroyed. Do you EVER FING RESEARCH ANYTHING BEFORE YOU POST???????????

Reddit
Old 10-13-2004, 08:49 PM   #28
Regular

^ I'm sorry if I came off harsh I am extremely pissed right now :cussing:

Reddit
Old 10-13-2004, 08:51 PM   #29
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
why are you pissed
Old 10-13-2004, 11:52 PM   #30
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
why are you pissed
Frustrated pissed... sigh....

Reddit
Old 10-14-2004, 12:07 AM   #31
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
He did not fund any stem cells that were yet to be taken. He only funded those stem cells that have already been removed and already taken to be studied. He will not fund anymore stem cell research that will require the killing of helpless babies. He willl also never fund abortion of babies, no matter when this abortion takes place.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar