Kerry's big F' up - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-13-2004, 11:59 PM   #36
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner
so why do we not have a Civil Union bill going through Congress Brent?... that is Bush's job.. to propose things, and to veto, and pass stuff... if he's not anti-civil union, why not put it in Congress?
For one its up to the states

(That is a main reason the Federal Ban on Gay Marriage fell through because Marriage is left up to the States)

Secondly John Kerry has just as much ability to propose civil union resolution to congress as George Bush has and you know what!!!! John Kerry has had 20 years to do it!!!!

The President is not the only one that can propose legislation you should know that.
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-14-2004, 12:00 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular
 
steedav6builder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Region: Maryland
Posts: 251
Send a message via AIM to steedav6builder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
The President is not the only one that can propose legislation you should know that.


...And im the idiot...
__________________
-Gary Pics of my car
'99 Electric Green Cobra, #2517 of 4040 Built on 5/12/99
'00 Lazer Red V6-Gone but not forgotten

Central Jersey Mustangs and Fords Member #4121
Mid -Atlantic Cobra Association Member #207
steedav6builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 12:02 AM   #38
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
jimmy_beaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Region: Iowa
Posts: 2,037
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
ok Brent, so why doesn't Bush simply state the Marriage is left up to the states, that way, no one gets pissed off.... secondly, you can be anti- a part of something... all I did was say if you're anti one thing, you're anti the entire thing... say it's like math... you can be anti a little, or anti a lot... I used the term biggot for anti-a lot.... keeping gays apart via no civil union is an anti-gay thing to do... so in a way, you would be anti-gay, if you didn't have a problem with gays... why would you not let him have civil unions? it doesn't make sense... Brent's point is more viable, yet, Bush never brought that point up.
__________________

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-14-2004, 12:06 AM   #39
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner
you're right, at the onset of war, he might have thought he had a decent reason... but you know what, they had an Iraqi doctor on TV the other day, completely unbiased... and she confirmed that Bush has killed more women and babies than the murderous Saddam.... now what? We've come to the end of the war, and Iraqi people are BEGGING us to please leave. Before we're done, there will be 3 nations out of Iraq.... you wait and see
Bush has killed more women and children than Saddam? Is this lady on Kerry's payroll or is she just an "unpaid advisor" like some cnn folks? What about all of the kurds in the north? How about the thousands of bodies we have found in mass graves? I would love to see this chicks numbers to back up that claim.

The Iraqis want us to leave? no, those are just the only folks you have seen on TV. Ever talk to someone that was in iraq? Ask them if anyone ever said they were glad we came in and that we are there? Yes, some say get out like the retards in felujah, but others say thank you. The media is really killing the efforts in iraq as they only report what they know will get viewers.

As for their will be 3 nations out of iraq...oh well, as long as they are happy. Personally, they should be flat and gone, but that is just my "no compassion ignorent redneck" statement.
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 12:11 AM   #40
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner
ok Brent, so why doesn't Bush simply state the Marriage is left up to the states, that way, no one gets pissed off.... secondly, you can be anti- a part of something... all I did was say if you're anti one thing, you're anti the entire thing... say it's like math... you can be anti a little, or anti a lot... I used the term biggot for anti-a lot.... keeping gays apart via no civil union is an anti-gay thing to do... so in a way, you would be anti-gay, if you didn't have a problem with gays... why would you not let him have civil unions? it doesn't make sense... Brent's point is more viable, yet, Bush never brought that point up.
I know you can be anti part of something...but being so does not put you in the same group that is anti everything. I am not in the same group as the KKK because I am anti reparations. I am just anti reparations. I am not in the same group as the gay bashing biggots just because I am anti gay marriage. Me, and W for that matter, are JUST anti gay marriage. You can't lump someone into a group because they dislike a small part of the whole.
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 12:12 AM   #41
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
jimmy_beaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Region: Iowa
Posts: 2,037
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
alright, the Iraqi doctor was a doctor in Iraq that had been on the news before the war, and they found her, and they interviewed her again... secondly, I'm just stating what she said... The Iraqis are most likely very happy to get rid of Saddam... however, we are now causing termoil. There are 3 main groups in Iraq... and what happens when a civil war breaks out? Who do we side with? As soon as we do, the other 2 are against us. THAT'S why Iraqis want us to leave... we are now causing termoil. some areas, like the Balkans, are really just going to be unhappy for a long time... I say let the Iraqis fight it out... let them pick someone... make sure they hold elections, fine.... but we can't appoint someone to lead there... we don't know who's best for that... we're not IRAQIS. If you want to promote democracy, let them vote... at first, don't give them a leader.. they don't need one, they're under our control. Let them elect local officials... let that cycle through a time or two, and then elect higher up officials, and so on until you get a leader, and then after the entire thing cycles through a few times, start pulling troops out... DON'T appoint leaders... that's bad news... but the US never learns from History
__________________

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 12:12 AM   #42
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
n8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner
you're 8 steps behind man.. we've moved past that into, if Bush isn't anti-gay unions.... why isn't he putting it in Congress or something... this is not so much about Cheney's daughter any more.. and I was using the fact that republicans are generally viewed as anti-gay to start my arguments up... sorry about the confusion... let's continue with the whole thing
oh there was no confusion, i was just stickin to the topic on hand rather than changeing it to some other argument,wich is a typical liberal tactic.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Nothing is ever official until its official
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 12:14 AM   #43
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
n8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner
alright, the Iraqi doctor was a doctor in Iraq that had been on the news before the war, and they found her, and they interviewed her again... secondly, I'm just stating what she said... The Iraqis are most likely very happy to get rid of Saddam... however, we are now causing termoil. There are 3 main groups in Iraq... and what happens when a civil war breaks out? Who do we side with? As soon as we do, the other 2 are against us. THAT'S why Iraqis want us to leave... we are now causing termoil. some areas, like the Balkans, are really just going to be unhappy for a long time... I say let the Iraqis fight it out... let them pick someone... make sure they hold elections, fine.... but we can't appoint someone to lead there... we don't know who's best for that... we're not IRAQIS. If you want to promote democracy, let them vote... at first, don't give them a leader.. they don't need one, they're under our control. Let them elect local officials... let that cycle through a time or two, and then elect higher up officials, and so on until you get a leader, and then after the entire thing cycles through a few times, start pulling troops out... DON'T appoint leaders... that's bad news... but the US never learns from History

So if the US appointed a leader, why are they trying so hard to get elections started up. The leader was an interem leader until the elections could be held, you can't just have a leaderless country, common man!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Nothing is ever official until its official
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 12:14 AM   #44
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner
ok Brent, so why doesn't Bush simply state the Marriage is left up to the states, that way, no one gets pissed off.... secondly, you can be anti- a part of something... all I did was say if you're anti one thing, you're anti the entire thing... say it's like math... you can be anti a little, or anti a lot... I used the term biggot for anti-a lot.... keeping gays apart via no civil union is an anti-gay thing to do... so in a way, you would be anti-gay, if you didn't have a problem with gays... why would you not let him have civil unions? it doesn't make sense... Brent's point is more viable, yet, Bush never brought that point up.
He put up the Legislation that he did for ONE reason.

George Bush is against Gay Marriage He wanted a Federal law banning gay marraige across the board. Then it would be up to the states to allow Civil Unions or not.

Simple as that he proposed it it was debated on and it didnt pass.
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 12:16 AM   #45
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Bush said tonight in the debates that marriage is left up to the states when he was asked. He then continued to respond by saying he is against gay marriage. But you know what? That means absolutely **** to the states, they can do whatever they want. You need to get your facts straight Jimmy and not just assume everything. I am anti gay marriage, but someone being gay means **** to me. I don't care if you want to be gay, if my teacher wants to be gay, or if anyone else in this world wants to be gay as long as they don't violate my personal views on marriage as a sacred union between a man and a woman. I think you need to sit back and reevalutate all that has been said in this thread and think about what you will be saying next. All I've seen in this thread tonight is you accusing bush of being a liar and kerry being a saint.
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 12:19 AM   #46
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
jimmy_beaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Region: Iowa
Posts: 2,037
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfin
I know you can be anti part of something...but being so does not put you in the same group that is anti everything. I am not in the same group as the KKK because I am anti reparations. I am just anti reparations. I am not in the same group as the gay bashing biggots just because I am anti gay marriage. Me, and W for that matter, are JUST anti gay marriage. You can't lump someone into a group because they dislike a small part of the whole.
the way I used "anti-gay" was to say if you're against something for gays that normal people have... then you're anti-gay. It's just a way of classifying that you don't want the gays to have some right. That right is "marriage".... even though we keep piss fighting over this stupid word "marriage"... in the eyes of law marriage=civil union... for the most part, right? except for the players are different... sure, man and man, man and woman.... but when it all comes down to it, someone's the b!tch of the relationship.... in the eyes of God or not.. one of them has to bend over and take it...

in summary, anti-gay doesn't mean you hate gays. anti means against. That's what it means. If I have a car starting to coast toward me, and I push against it, I'm anti-car moving toward me... however, the car is still going to move toward me if I want to only slow it down (depending on the speed and weight of the car of course... momentum basically) That means you're only partially anti-car moving toward me..... that's how you can be anti something, but not totally against it.
__________________

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 12:20 AM   #47
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Holy Hell would someone explain to me why John kerry is so much better than Bush? Please damnit I am waiting!

John Kerry has no plan!!! He will not get France and Germany to help out because France and Germany DONT WANT TO HELP OUT. THEY SHOULDNT HELP OUT. We dont help countries that aid the enemy right before war. SCREW FRANCE, SCREW GERMANY, SCREW RUSSIA. I dont care if they dont like us. They dont like us because we messed up their 10 Billion dollar oil for food scandal with Sadaam.

geez
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 12:20 AM   #48
Dom
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 2,391
Send a message via AIM to Dom
Does anyone else feel that they both really suck and why the hell is Nader even running?
__________________
- Matthew | matthew98@gmail.com
Dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 12:20 AM   #49
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Uh...yeh...not really lol
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 12:21 AM   #50
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
jimmy_beaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Region: Iowa
Posts: 2,037
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r
So if the US appointed a leader, why are they trying so hard to get elections started up. The leader was an interem leader until the elections could be held, you can't just have a leaderless country, common man!
you're right... almost... WE the United States are the leader of Iraq right now.. we tell it what to do... that's what victors of war get.... I hear... so yes, the US doesn't have to appoint a leader, he doesn't have any power anyway
__________________

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 12:22 AM   #51
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
jimmy_beaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Region: Iowa
Posts: 2,037
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
He put up the Legislation that he did for ONE reason.

George Bush is against Gay Marriage He wanted a Federal law banning gay marraige across the board. Then it would be up to the states to allow Civil Unions or not.

Simple as that he proposed it it was debated on and it didnt pass.
thought you just said that gay marriage/civil unions was already up to the states?... like in a previous post?
__________________

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 12:24 AM   #52
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
jimmy_beaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Region: Iowa
Posts: 2,037
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn
Bush said tonight in the debates that marriage is left up to the states when he was asked. He then continued to respond by saying he is against gay marriage. But you know what? That means absolutely **** to the states, they can do whatever they want. You need to get your facts straight Jimmy and not just assume everything. I am anti gay marriage, but someone being gay means **** to me. I don't care if you want to be gay, if my teacher wants to be gay, or if anyone else in this world wants to be gay as long as they don't violate my personal views on marriage as a sacred union between a man and a woman. I think you need to sit back and reevalutate all that has been said in this thread and think about what you will be saying next. All I've seen in this thread tonight is you accusing bush of being a liar and kerry being a saint.
read post of Brent's above your's... that says Bush was trying to pass legislation, but you're here saying it doesn't matter... so why wouldn't you just SAY THAT ON THE AIR?
__________________

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 12:24 AM   #53
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner
you're right... almost... WE the United States are the leader of Iraq right now.. we tell it what to do... that's what victors of war get.... I hear... so yes, the US doesn't have to appoint a leader, he doesn't have any power anyway
Well from this post I see you know that Bush led us to win this war. We won, he did his job, so now we're trying to finish the old government off so this country can be reborn as a better country. I would love to see Kerry try to do everything Bush has done his past 4 years. He has brought this country through the worst terrorists attacks ever seen. Bush all the way. Another 4 years and there's no telling how well this country will be going.
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 12:25 AM   #54
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner
you're right... almost... WE the United States are the leader of Iraq right now.. we tell it what to do... that's what victors of war get.... I hear... so yes, the US doesn't have to appoint a leader, he doesn't have any power anyway
Actually your wrong again.

We do not tell what Iraq does. Iraq's Prime Minister tells us what we can and cant do.

Remember that Mosque that was being held by Iraqi surgents? The Prime Minister of Iraq gave us permission to bomb it if we needed to. If he said no you cant bomb it, no you cant raid it then we could not do those things. We work with the Prime Minister. We update the Prime Minister the same way we update President Bush. The prime Miniseter then oks operations or does not ok them. We suggest what needs to be done to him and he approves it.
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 12:26 AM   #55
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner
thought you just said that gay marriage/civil unions was already up to the states?... like in a previous post?
Gay marriage is up to the states, but Bush was proposing Federal legislation, which would override any laws made by the states. He was trying to preserve what little good was still left in this country after Clinton's reign of terror.
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 12:27 AM   #56
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
jimmy_beaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Region: Iowa
Posts: 2,037
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
He will not get France and Germany to help out because France and Germany DONT WANT TO HELP OUT. THEY SHOULDNT HELP OUT. We dont help countries that aid the enemy right before war. SCREW FRANCE, SCREW GERMANY, SCREW RUSSIA. I dont care if they dont like us. They dont like us because we messed up their 10 Billion dollar oil for food scandal with Sadaam.

geez
agreed... but you're missing the point.. we don't need them, you said it. We're the most powerful country on the earth, and we don't need them. We don't need them, we don't need any body... but it's nice. When it's not just US guys dying, it's nice. We don't need to have anyone help us, but why not ask? If they agree with us GREAT.... they can die with us... less Americans dying out of America is a good thing
__________________

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 12:29 AM   #57
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner
the way I used "anti-gay" was to say if you're against something for gays that normal people have... then you're anti-gay. It's just a way of classifying that you don't want the gays to have some right. That right is "marriage".... even though we keep piss fighting over this stupid word "marriage"... in the eyes of law marriage=civil union... for the most part, right? except for the players are different... sure, man and man, man and woman.... but when it all comes down to it, someone's the b!tch of the relationship.... in the eyes of God or not.. one of them has to bend over and take it...

in summary, anti-gay doesn't mean you hate gays. anti means against. That's what it means. If I have a car starting to coast toward me, and I push against it, I'm anti-car moving toward me... however, the car is still going to move toward me if I want to only slow it down (depending on the speed and weight of the car of course... momentum basically) That means you're only partially anti-car moving toward me..... that's how you can be anti something, but not totally against it.
The part I have the issue with is the statement that if you are anti gay marriage, then you are anti gay. The problem I have with that statement is this. If the press were to use the general comment that "Bush is anti-gay", then people of this country would not know they really mean he is anti-gay marriage. They would immediately assume, correctly based on the statement, that it just means he is a biggot and hates gays. The press will print and report things out of context all the time. They print and report what will get a rise and get viewers, so, if someone were to dumb the statement down to anti-gay, then it would give the wrong impression. I know what you are saying, and can understand it, but I don't think it is a good thing to generalize something like that.

A lot of propiganda (sp?) comes out of generilized statements like that. It is a habbit a lot of us have at times, and it is a habbit that the media uses all the time. It is something we need to avoid.

So, with that said, let me just say, Kerry is anti-gay.
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 12:31 AM   #58
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
jimmy_beaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Region: Iowa
Posts: 2,037
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn
Well from this post I see you know that Bush led us to win this war. We won, he did his job, so now we're trying to finish the old government off so this country can be reborn as a better country. I would love to see Kerry try to do everything Bush has done his past 4 years. He has brought this country through the worst terrorists attacks ever seen. Bush all the way. Another 4 years and there's no telling how well this country will be going.
not quite... look at the man's economy... enough said. you can blame 9/11 all you want... how many years ago was that? you can only use an excuse so long before you have to start looking at the president... and not only that but we didn't HAVE to go to Iraq.... they weren't threatening us. We did it to "be nice" for a lack of a better term.
__________________

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 12:32 AM   #59
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
jimmy_beaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Region: Iowa
Posts: 2,037
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Actually your wrong again.

We do not tell what Iraq does. Iraq's Prime Minister tells us what we can and cant do.

Remember that Mosque that was being held by Iraqi surgents? The Prime Minister of Iraq gave us permission to bomb it if we needed to. If he said no you cant bomb it, no you cant raid it then we could not do those things. We work with the Prime Minister. We update the Prime Minister the same way we update President Bush. The prime Miniseter then oks operations or does not ok them. We suggest what needs to be done to him and he approves it.
then why do we get blamed for blowing it all to hell? it's his fault by that reasoning
__________________

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 12:32 AM   #60
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner
agreed... but you're missing the point.. we don't need them, you said it. We're the most powerful country on the earth, and we don't need them. We don't need them, we don't need any body... but it's nice. When it's not just US guys dying, it's nice. We don't need to have anyone help us, but why not ask? If they agree with us GREAT.... they can die with us... less Americans dying out of America is a good thing
uh we did ask..... 2;

Let me tell you something.

remember the mission accomplished speech that George Bush made on teh Aircraft carrier?

You know why he did that?

Anyone?

Ok here is why,

General Tommy Franks was told by France and Germany that if the President got on National Teleivision and made said all Major Combat was over in iraq that they would send in troops to aide them

General Tommy Franks told President Bush this and President Bush said this on the Carrier

What did Germany and France do? They screwed us over. They changed their mind and said no.

You know what it is nice when it isnt just OUR troops over there dying. It would be even better if none of them died.

But you know what? France and Germany arent/wasnt going to help us in Iraq. If we asked nicely they wouldnt have helped us. They didnt want to give up their oil for food money. President Bush screwed that up for them. They dont like us.

F them
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 12:34 AM   #61
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner
not quite... look at the man's economy... enough said. you can blame 9/11 all you want... how many years ago was that? you can only use an excuse so long before you have to start looking at the president... and not only that but we didn't HAVE to go to Iraq.... they weren't threatening us. We did it to "be nice" for a lack of a better term.
If you know anything about politics and the way government works, the current president gets blamed for the economy...but it was actually the previous president who did this to the economy and it simply gets blamed on the current president. The economy is mostly the fault of the previous president and his doings.
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 12:34 AM   #62
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner
then why do we get blamed for blowing it all to hell? it's his fault by that reasoning
Al Jazzera

The Arab nations dont care who said it was ok. We did it. You got to understand that people over there are brainwashed. News isnt fair. They only broadcast what they want the people to hear
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 12:34 AM   #63
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
jimmy_beaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Region: Iowa
Posts: 2,037
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfin
The part I have the issue with is the statement that if you are anti gay marriage, then you are anti gay. The problem I have with that statement is this. If the press were to use the general comment that "Bush is anti-gay", then people of this country would not know they really mean he is anti-gay marriage. They would immediately assume, correctly based on the statement, that it just means he is a biggot and hates gays. The press will print and report things out of context all the time. They print and report what will get a rise and get viewers, so, if someone were to dumb the statement down to anti-gay, then it would give the wrong impression. I know what you are saying, and can understand it, but I don't think it is a good thing to generalize something like that.

A lot of propiganda (sp?) comes out of generilized statements like that. It is a habbit a lot of us have at times, and it is a habbit that the media uses all the time. It is something we need to avoid.

So, with that said, let me just say, Kerry is anti-gay.
right, but I qualified my terms ... no confusion if you read the posts
__________________

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 12:34 AM   #64
I liek gramer
Legacy
 
WhiteStang99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Region: Florida
Posts: 8,537
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
another "excuse" (read: reason) that the economy is not as good as everybody hoped is the hurricanes and **** in FL
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 12:36 AM   #65
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner
not quite... look at the man's economy... enough said. you can blame 9/11 all you want... how many years ago was that? you can only use an excuse so long before you have to start looking at the president... and not only that but we didn't HAVE to go to Iraq.... they weren't threatening us. We did it to "be nice" for a lack of a better term.

Oh god... you just dont understand man


Fact: Economy going down before bush took office

Fact: 9/11 sent economy into recession Millions jobs lost

Fact: Economy recovering despite two wars and the looming threat of another terrorist attack.

The economy is growing.
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 12:37 AM   #66
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
jimmy_beaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Region: Iowa
Posts: 2,037
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Al Jazzera

The Arab nations dont care who said it was ok. We did it. You got to understand that people over there are brainwashed. News isnt fair. They only broadcast what they want the people to hear
well there you have it for that aspect. But still, the Prime Minister of Iraq, even if he's interum... or w/e.... is pointless... do the people of Iraq actually view him as their leader?... doubtful... if we were taken over, and Joe Blow was put on top a thrown as a King, would you feel loyalty to him?
__________________

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 12:37 AM   #67
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
I think I remember the economy starting to tank around the january 2001 time frame. Things start to level out, then boom, 9/11. 9/11 did set us back, and all of the bi-polorism policy that has been displayed by both sides of the debate since 2002 have not given the american people that fuzzy feeling they need.

There is way too much time spent on finger pointing and not enough spent on fixing the problem. As was stated earlier, the pres is not the only person that can come up with a solution and propose legislation. Everyone in the senate and the house are just as guilty as the pres as to why we have not done a good job of fixing the economy.

The country needs to come together as one, not only on the homefront, but also in washington. Specially in washington. Work together people...sheesh.
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 12:37 AM   #68
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Oh yea I forgot about Corporate Scandals!

(before you say it the scandals were going on before Bush took office )
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 12:39 AM   #69
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
n8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,216
good god this thread is fast moving!!!


on a side note i just took a huge satisfying dump while reading STUFF and I think I am going to go smoke a cig here in a bit. It was that good!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Nothing is ever official until its official
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 12:39 AM   #70
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
jimmy_beaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Region: Iowa
Posts: 2,037
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Oh god... you just dont understand man


Fact: Economy going down before bush took office

Fact: 9/11 sent economy into recession Millions jobs lost

Fact: Economy recovering despite two wars and the looming threat of another terrorist attack.

The economy is growing.
Fact: Clinton left US stock market: 14,000+
Fact: stock market now: roughly 10,000 and gaining I believe...

that's about 1/3 of the difference, so 30% less...
if you look into history, wars generally make economies rise... look at WWII, and WWI for that matter.
__________________

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
how big edross Mustang Wheels & Tires 15 01-06-2006 04:14 PM
John Kerry's New Cothes n8r The Bar 12 11-16-2004 01:53 PM
Kerry's Voting Record for all to see Brent The Bar 4 09-07-2004 09:39 PM
John Kerry's Resume sctalbott The Bar 2 09-02-2004 07:24 PM
Ted Kennedy is Kerry's "Secret Weapon" Brent The Bar 4 02-18-2004 11:24 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



04:29 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.