Kerry's big F' up - Page 4 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-14-2004, 01:09 AM   #106
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn
I not a quitter...it's just 1:10 AM and I have class at 9:30, and I just finished driving 3 hours round trip right before I got on here. So yeh..I guess I am a quitter lol. Talk to you guys tomorrow
lol, I have to get up at 6:30..... yeah .... just having fun arguing

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2004, 01:10 AM   #107
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner
it's been 3 years Brent. The usual routine should've set in.. ohhh, 2 and a quarter years ago.. giving a man a free ride is retarded. The man had his chance... trim the bush
lol you just dont understand. The effects of 9/11 just dont disappear one day. You still have airlines going bankrupt and travel angencies still struggling because no one wants to fly. 9/11 is in no way gone Jimmy. 3 years isnt enough time to fully get over something like that. I used its beginning to happen which it is

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 01:11 AM   #108
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfin
Wow, I got scared at that agreeing point. This is better. I am not rich by no means, and I remember getting more money each week in my check after the cuts. I got a big check, and then each week my check was a few dollars more. So, I make under 100k and I got more money each week, so therefore I received a tax cut too. The rich naturally got more of a cut because 5% of 50k will always be less than 5% of 200+k.
but why wouldn't you give a sliding scale tax cut? We have a sliding scale tax bracket... Of course 5% of a smaller number is a smaller number.... but those with smaller paychecks won't hardly notice a difference, while those making millions can send their kids to *cough* Yale *cough* for ''free'' based on 5%... eyeah...

Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2004, 01:13 AM   #109
Regular

wait did you just say that the usual routine should have set in 2 and a quarter years ago? If so then I am done with this thread, because that is the dumbest thing that has been said tonight.

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about or just can not see the effects of something like 9/11 and how it is continuing to impact us.

Bye

Reddit
Old 10-14-2004, 01:14 AM   #110
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
lol you just dont understand. The effects of 9/11 just dont disappear one day. You still have airlines going bankrupt and travel angencies still struggling because no one wants to fly. 9/11 is in no way gone Jimmy. 3 years isnt enough time to fully get over something like that. I used its beginning to happen which it is

usual routine as far as people buying things.. which is the majority of an economy... should set in pretty quickly for those things that are a necessity to live.... i.e. food. Then, clothes, TV's, cars, that stuff should follow within the 9 months I provided there... no, airlines, of course, will take longer. I didn't say 1 day, I gave 9 months for people to start getting back to normal. Of course those directly affected are still struggling. I didn't say 9/11 was gone. Normal routine around here refers to people, not businesses, not countries. Sorry for the misunderstanding, but yeah, both points are valid.

Old 10-14-2004, 01:15 AM   #111
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Quote:
but why wouldn't you give a sliding scale tax cut? We have a sliding scale tax bracket... Of course 5% of a smaller number is a smaller number.... but those with smaller paychecks won't hardly notice a difference, while those making millions can send their kids to *cough* Yale *cough* for ''free'' based on 5%... eyeah...
Which is correct. There should have been some sort of sliding scale. I just don't like the generalization of saying the middle class didn't get a cut, only the rich got the cut. That is inaccurate. Yeah I know, me and my not liking generalizations....

As for the comment about the world getting mad at us for not being nice. It wouldn't be too much to tell them to F#*@ off if we had the stance of charging for our policing services. I totally agree we should get some of iraqs oil for ousting that loser.
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 01:16 AM   #112
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
wait did you just say that the usual routine should have set in 2 and a quarter years ago? If so then I am done with this thread, because that is the dumbest thing that has been said tonight.

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about or just can not see the effects of something like 9/11 and how it is continuing to impact us.

Bye
or you don't get the difference of what I mean when I say "normal routine". I'm talking people, not business. 9 months for my area to recover... Iowa is kinda far from NY.... that shouldn't even take more than like 3 for PEOPLE to get to normal routine. If you wanna ignore me fine, but you can't say that 9/11 is going to haunt our economy forever.

Old 10-14-2004, 01:17 AM   #113
Legacy Member
Legacy

I say we should take it as we do stuff over there.... it's payment

Old 10-14-2004, 01:19 AM   #114
Regular

Quote:
usual routine as far as people buying things.. which is the majority of an economy... should set in pretty quickly for those things that are a necessity to live.... i.e. food. Then, clothes, TV's, cars, that stuff should follow within the 9 months I provided there... no, airlines, of course, will take longer. I didn't say 1 day, I gave 9 months for people to start getting back to normal. Of course those directly affected are still struggling. I didn't say 9/11 was gone. Normal routine around here refers to people, not businesses, not countries. Sorry for the misunderstanding, but yeah, both points are valid.
People are in their normal routine if your talking about it that way.

But a economy can not fully recover from something when you have things like Airlines going under and you continue to have some sort of coporate scandals. People lost alot of money in the stock market, you cant just recover from that in a few years.

The Bush doesnt need trimmed. You havent given Bush a chance. He hasnt had the chance. He has had to deal with everything else wrong in this world.

Reddit
Old 10-14-2004, 01:21 AM   #115
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
People are in their normal routine if your talking about it that way.

But a economy can not fully recover from something when you have things like Airlines going under and you continue to have some sort of coporate scandals. People lost alot of money in the stock market, you cant just recover from that in a few years.

The Bush doesnt need trimmed. You havent given Bush a chance. He hasnt had the chance. He has had to deal with everything else wrong in this world.
as you stated earlier, some Presidents just get lucky... why would we keep one that isn't?

Old 10-14-2004, 01:22 AM   #116
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Quote:
And he has done a pretty good job of it.
Old 10-14-2004, 01:22 AM   #117
Regular

Quote:
or you don't get the difference of what I mean when I say "normal routine". I'm talking people, not business. 9 months for my area to recover... Iowa is kinda far from NY.... that shouldn't even take more than like 3 for PEOPLE to get to normal routine. If you wanna ignore me fine, but you can't say that 9/11 is going to haunt our economy forever.
No where did I say 9/11 was going to haunt us forever.

What I am saying is that we are still fighting the war that was brought on by 9/11. Its not over, the economy is shaking becasue of the possibility of another attack. Oil Prices are sky high because of Hurricanes, strikes and this thing called OPEQ

Reddit
Old 10-14-2004, 01:22 AM   #118
Legacy Member
Legacy

the sad thing is, that seems as viable as any reason posted tonight to get rid of, or keep someone in office. lol

Old 10-14-2004, 01:23 AM   #119
Regular

Quote:
as you stated earlier, some Presidents just get lucky... why would we keep one that isn't?
Now thats just dumb

Reddit
Old 10-14-2004, 01:27 AM   #120
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:

What I am saying is that we are still fighting the war that was brought on by 9/11. Its not over, the economy is shaking becasue of the possibility of another attack. Oil Prices are sky high because of Hurricanes, strikes and this thing called OPEQ
first, I thought the Senate Committee something or other came out and said that Iraq had no connections to Iraq? How is that the war brought on by 9/11? I haven't heard anything about old Osama or Afghanistan for along time. There will always be the possibility of another attack, weak argument. I agree that now would be the time when we would have the most fear of it, being as it happened only 3 years ago. Oil prices are high because of OPEC... **** OPEC, how long would the US have to say screw you OPEC before they lowered oil? Aren't we the number 1 consumer of oil in the world?... we've got enough to last us awhile, not only that, look at all that oil in Iraq

Old 10-14-2004, 01:28 AM   #121
Regular

Quote:
first, I thought the Senate Committee something or other came out and said that Iraq had no connections to Iraq? How is that the war brought on by 9/11? I haven't heard anything about old Osama or Afghanistan for along time. There will always be the possibility of another attack, weak argument. I agree that now would be the time when we would have the most fear of it, being as it happened only 3 years ago. Oil prices are high because of OPEC... **** OPEC, how long would the US have to say screw you OPEC before they lowered oil? Aren't we the number 1 consumer of oil in the world?... we've got enough to last us awhile, not only that, look at all that oil in Iraq
I was talking about afghanastan

I dont care if Iraq had ties with Al Qida, they needed to go bye bye

Reddit
Old 10-14-2004, 01:30 AM   #122
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:

I actually question the validity of the statement about the hurricains affecting the cost of gas. They started stating that before the second 'cain. I don't trust big oil companies, and I don't trust OPEC. I kinda think that big oil is just using the 'cains as an excuse to make a few more bucks. But, that is a whole other debate.
Old 10-14-2004, 01:31 AM   #123
Legacy Member
Legacy

since when are we still FIGHTING in Afghanistan? We're kinda just occupying it now.... which isn't really a war is it? More like an occupation in war terms

Old 10-14-2004, 01:31 AM   #124
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfin
I actually question the validity of the statement about the hurricains affecting the cost of gas. They started stating that before the second 'cain. I don't trust big oil companies, and I don't trust OPEC. I kinda think that big oil is just using the 'cains as an excuse to make a few more bucks. But, that is a whole other debate.
Well the Hurricanes can be seen as a temporary cause for the sudden extremely high prices

But overall its OPEQ

Reddit
Old 10-14-2004, 01:32 AM   #125
Legacy Member
Legacy

just as milk companies are using gas prices to raise the cost of milk.... 50 cents a gallon here.... now come on

Old 10-14-2004, 01:32 AM   #126
Regular

Quote:
since when are we still FIGHTING in Afghanistan? We're kinda just occupying it now.... which isn't really a war is it? More like an occupation in war terms
We are still fighting over there.

Granted not as much as we were but we still carry out operations

You have to dig to find them because the media is 99.9% concerned about Iraq

Reddit
Old 10-14-2004, 01:33 AM   #127
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

I say we say screw you OPEC, and screw you to all the tree huggers, and let our refineries produce enough oil to support ourselves. There is oil in the gulf, alaska, and elsewhere within our boarders. Knock nancy out of her tree and let's get our own oil and tell OPEC to step off permantly...until we have to bail them out again, then they give us oil for free as payment for our services.
Old 10-14-2004, 01:34 AM   #128
Regular

All we really have to do is bluff

Just use our oil suppl ynad no one elses for a year

OPEQ would be crawling at our feet offering us 50 cent a gallon prices

Reddit
Old 10-14-2004, 01:34 AM   #129
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
We are still fighting. It is just more special forces type recon missions looking for the preverbial needle in a haystack.
Old 10-14-2004, 01:34 AM   #130
Legacy Member
Legacy

Ummmm, without a recognized army of hardly any kind.... does anyone know how nearly impossible catching Osama will be if he's somewhere in the hilly mountains of Afghanistan, or worse ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD... it's not like we know where the man is

Old 10-14-2004, 01:36 AM   #131
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Ummmm, without a recognized army of hardly any kind.... does anyone know how nearly impossible catching Osama will be if he's somewhere in the hilly mountains of Afghanistan, or worse ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD... it's not like we know where the man is
hence the needle in the haystack comment...that was prolly posted as you were typing your response.
Old 10-14-2004, 01:36 AM   #132
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
All we really have to do is bluff

Just use our oil suppl ynad no one elses for a year

OPEQ would be crawling at our feet offering us 50 cent a gallon prices
agreed, (hinted at something similar earlier).... but we definitely need to find a way to get these damn gas prices down. We don't need to make OPEC any richer

Old 10-14-2004, 01:37 AM   #133
Legacy Member
Legacy

actually, my internet went down quicklike, and I had that typed and just hit enter as soon as it opened up

Old 10-14-2004, 01:38 AM   #134
Legacy Member
Legacy

hey, in better news, not only did I pass up my 750th post tonight, I passed up 800 and 825 as well

Old 10-14-2004, 01:39 AM   #135
Regular

It seems to me that the only thing you disagree on is the economy? That the only reason why you are voting for Kerry?

It seems to me we are agreeing on alot dealing with National Security and Foreign Policy

Reddit
Old 10-14-2004, 01:40 AM   #136
Regular

jimmy_beaner 56
Brent 25
Smurfin 17
steedav6builder 13
lowflyn 12
n8r 4
Dom 4
Ken 1
WhiteStang99 1
Rick0636 1
whipster24

Reddit
Old 10-14-2004, 01:42 AM   #137
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
It seems to me that the only thing you disagree on is the economy? That the only reason why you are voting for Kerry?

It seems to me we are agreeing on alot dealing with National Security and Foreign Policy
we always have Brent... but I literally can't stand Bush... never could. I think what I'm paying for gas right now is WAY too high, what I'm paying for schooling is insane.. I'm 4.1 valedictorian for christ's sake, paying full tuition.... someone's cut some funding.... I don't wish to throw money away to money hungry companies ANY MORE. Someone get a handle on them, or I'm gonna lose it, lol.

Old 10-14-2004, 01:43 AM   #138
Legacy Member
Legacy

I also had other posts in other threads and rooms

Old 10-14-2004, 01:43 AM   #139
Legacy Member
Legacy

WOOT the victor by more than double, hahaha, wow, I should've been in bed 4 hours ago :O

Old 10-14-2004, 01:44 AM   #140
Regular

Quote:
we always have Brent... but I literally can't stand Bush... never could. I think what I'm paying for gas right now is WAY too high, what I'm paying for schooling is insane.. I'm 4.1 valedictorian for christ's sake, paying full tuition.... someone's cut some funding.... I don't wish to throw money away to money hungry companies ANY MORE. Someone get a handle on them, or I'm gonna lose it, lol.
Well I think your making a tremendou mistake by voting for John Kerry. I just couldnt give my vote to someone like him. He has proved nothing.

At the very least Bush has shown he can lead the country.

Reddit

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar