Kerry's big F' up - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-13-2004, 09:54 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to steedav6builder
Kerry's big F' up

Kerry F'ed up big with the comment about Cheney's daughter. Hes gonna pay for that one. We can just sit back and let Kerry destroy himself from here pretty much.
'99 Electric Green Cobra, #2517 of 4040 Built on 5/12/99
'00 Lazer Red V6-Gone but not forgotten

Central Jersey Mustangs and Fords Member #4121
Mid -Atlantic Cobra Association Member #207
steedav6builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2004, 09:56 PM   #2
Ken
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Hampshire
I couldn't be bothered to watch.. what did he say?
Old 10-13-2004, 10:06 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,135380,00.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Kerry
We're all God's children, Bob. And I think if you were to talk to Dick Cheney's daughter, who is a lesbian, she would tell you that she's being who she was, she's being who she was born as.
He made a stab at Cheney with this comment and its gonna come back to bite him in the ***.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2004, 10:07 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to whipster24 Send a message via Yahoo to whipster24
Basically he brought up the fact that Cheney's daughter is a lesbian to counter what Bush had said about the gay marriage ammendment and try to show some sort of division in the republican ticket. That's kind of delving into the personal lives of the veep's family and it's not appropriate

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
-Adolf Hitler, 1935
whipster24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 10:13 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
you can't play both sides of an argument.. that's flip floppy.... hahaha, to borrow a republican quote... if you're against gays so much, why is your daughter one? it's a good question I think.... but I'm an ******* like that

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 10:14 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

i dont think that cheney ever said he was against gays so get your **** straight.

Old 10-13-2004, 10:51 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
excuse me... but republicans are anti-gay. Cheny is a Republican. Bush is anti-gay... he's very open about that. my **** is straight. democrats are those that are generally more tolerant of gays.

Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
Old 10-13-2004, 10:52 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

by running on the Republican ticket, you give up your option to ''allow'' gays the chance to marry... which is against gays. Sure, he doesn't have to not like them because he's republican... but politically, he's anti-gay.

Old 10-13-2004, 10:54 PM   #9
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Send a message via AIM to Dom
Quote:
Kerry F'ed up big with the comment about Cheney's daughter.
I do believe that was a fact.
Old 10-13-2004, 10:59 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

I do think it wasn't right of him to say... but it's still a good question. Republicans are traditionally anti-gay. And here, one of the top Republican representatives, has a gay daughter. It's just a little weird is all. Like Kerry being married to a lady that owns a big business.... and WAYY to much ketchup... just a little weird that you'd make your billions on ketchup.

Old 10-13-2004, 11:04 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner
excuse me... but republicans are anti-gay. Cheny is a Republican. Bush is anti-gay... he's very open about that. my **** is straight. democrats are those that are generally more tolerant of gays.
Republicans are not all anti-gay just anti gay marrage. And now your gonna take your opinions and call them fact. And I'm sorry but The President did not get into office by being a biggot. You are way out of line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by George W Bush
You know, Bob, I don't know. I just don't know. I do know that we have a choice to make in America and that is to treat people with tolerance and respect and dignity. It's important that we do that.

And I also know in a free society people, consenting adults can live the way they want to live.

And that's to be honored.

But as we respect someone's rights, and as we profess tolerance, we shouldn't change or have to change our basic views on the sanctity of marriage. I believe in the sanctity of marriage. I think it's very important that we protect marriage as an institution, between a man and a woman.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,135380,00.html
So once again get your **** straight.

Old 10-13-2004, 11:09 PM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

anti-gay rights, i.e. marraige, is anti-gay... if you're against someone getting a right, you oppose them somehow.. and opposition to something is "anti" "that something"... in this case, it's an opposition to gays being married, thus "anti" "gay".... which equals "anti-gay"... don't make me have to spell it out man. You can call me a biggot or whatever all you want. When I say anti-gay, I don't mean he's going to form the next KKK but for gays... I mean, he opposes gay rights... ither all of them, or one of them. That's all it takes to be anti-gay. If you're TOTALLY against it, then sure, give him biggot status... but anti-gay is someone who's against gays either partially or fully.... being against their union of marraige, is anti-gay.... has he given them chance for a civil union yet? no... anti-gay
so once again, get your **** straight... read your own stuff and infer about what it might mean to be anti-gay

Old 10-13-2004, 11:10 PM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

PS, I never said my opinion was fact...

Old 10-13-2004, 11:11 PM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

I do believe my post on ''if you run as a republican'' thing gives light to the fact I was taking anti-gay to mean anti-gay marriage... if you read a little closer

Old 10-13-2004, 11:12 PM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: North Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Rick0636 Send a message via Yahoo to Rick0636
If you watched the Edwards/Cheney debate you know that Edwards brought up the exact same thing to Cheney in that debate.
Rick Kilpatrick, AAS Automotive Systems Tech, Alamance Community College, Class of 99. 06 5 speed manual Mustang with Pony pkg : GT Mac Mufflers, true duals with one custom pipe. 2.5" system. GT bumper cover, all installed March 7&8 2006. AFE Stage 1 CAI, Motoblue Underdrive pulley, GT aluminum shifter knob, honeycomb rear blackout panel,and dash kit installed. Roush hood scoop and side window louvers installed. SS taillight trim has been installed, new alum. GT steering wheel installed.
Rick0636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 11:18 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
excuse me... but republicans are anti-gay. Cheny is a Republican. Bush is anti-gay... he's very open about that. my **** is straight.
I take that as you trying to portray your opinions as fact.

Quote:
anti-gay rights, i.e. marraige, is anti-gay... if you're against someone getting a right, you oppose them somehow.. and opposition to something is "anti" "that something"... in this case, it's an opposition to gays being married, thus "anti" "gay".... which equals "anti-gay"... don't make me have to spell it out man. You can call me a biggot or whatever all you want. When I say anti-gay, I don't mean he's going to form the next KKK but for gays... I mean, he opposes gay rights... ither all of them, or one of them. That's all it takes to be anti-gay. If you're TOTALLY against it, then sure, give him biggot status... but anti-gay is someone who's against gays either partially or fully.... being against their union of marraige, is anti-gay.... has he given them chance for a civil union yet? no... anti-gay
so once again, get your **** straight... read your own stuff and infer about what it might mean to be anti-gay
This right here is typical liberal propaganda. Mariage is a thing that has always been and is defined as the Union of a Man and a woman under the eyes of God. God does not approve of gay marraige therefore gay mariage is null. Second, there are many ppl that are against gay mariage but are not aposed to ppl being gay. If someone wants to be gay do whatever, but when they try to take something that is sacred to a man and a woman away that is wrong. Third, your cantidate is also opposed to gay marriage. So your argument is a waste of time.

Old 10-13-2004, 11:24 PM   #17
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Mariage is a thing that has always been and is defined as the Union of a Man and a woman under the eyes of God. God does not approve of gay marraige therefore gay mariage is null.
That's a view under a church and not the law.
Old 10-13-2004, 11:27 PM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by steedav6builder

This right here is typical liberal propaganda. Mariage is a thing that has always been and is defined as the Union of a Man and a woman under the eyes of God. God does not approve of gay marraige therefore gay mariage is null. Second, there are many ppl that are against gay mariage but are not aposed to ppl being gay. If someone wants to be gay do whatever, but when they try to take something that is sacred to a man and a woman away that is wrong. Third, your cantidate is also opposed to gay marriage. So your argument is a waste of time.
you're an idiot. typical liberal propaganda?... no. I'm sorry, but if you refuse them to be ''married'' you're ANTI-GAY... refer to above argument, as that's VALID. yes, marriage marriage is man and woman.... civil unions.... "marriages" if you will for lack of a better term, that's why I put it in quotes.... are for gays, yeah, that's fine.. so why don't we hear anything about Bush going for civil unions?.... that's right, he doesn't care, because he's anti-gay..... now, if you want to force Church and State to be back together again.. you're gonna have a hard time... considering there's a law better known as "Separation of Church and State" I do believe.... says we can't say the Lord's Prayer in school.... takes "under God" out of the Constitution.. all that ****ty stuff, but here, you bring it in to try to prove your point for the government to ban marriage to gays... but see, the government CAN'T use that as a reason, because there's a separation of church and state. How is it that we can remove under God from our Constitution, yet, we can use the Bible to force gays not to be married? One word, convienience..... Bush doesn't want gays to be unioned civily or "married".... so he brings in the Bible.. he kills many people in Iraq... under the shroud of peace, and then acts like God is at utmost importance. You can't have it both ways. I'm sorry, but Clinton's BJ was less in the eyes of God than MURDER. God says not to cheat on your wife, he also says not to kill... both are sins, but they can't be prosecuted for sins because of separation of church and state.

Old 10-13-2004, 11:30 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom
That's a view under a church and not the law.
Regardless of where, Marriage is defined as the union between a man and a woman. Gay marriage is a slap in the face to straight ppl.

Old 10-13-2004, 11:33 PM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy

I don't find it a slap in the face.. and I'm straight... (and yes, I have my **** straight... as in, that's a fact)

Old 10-13-2004, 11:34 PM   #21
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Regardless of where, Marriage is defined as the union between a man and a woman. Gay marriage is a slap in the face to straight ppl.
Hey, I believe in fair treatment for everyone, and special treatment for no one.
Old 10-13-2004, 11:37 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
you're an idiot. typical liberal propaganda?... no. I'm sorry, but if you refuse them to be ''married'' you're ANTI-GAY... refer to above argument, as that's VALID. yes, marriage marriage is man and woman.... civil unions.... "marriages" if you will for lack of a better term, that's why I put it in quotes.... are for gays, yeah, that's fine.. so why don't we hear anything about Bush going for civil unions?.... that's right, he doesn't care, because he's anti-gay..... now, if you want to force Church and State to be back together again.. you're gonna have a hard time... considering there's a law better known as "Separation of Church and State" I do believe.... says we can't say the Lord's Prayer in school.... takes "under God" out of the Constitution.. all that ****ty stuff, but here, you bring it in to try to prove your point for the government to ban marriage to gays... but see, the government CAN'T use that as a reason, because there's a separation of church and state. How is it that we can remove under God from our Constitution, yet, we can use the Bible to force gays not to be married? One word, convienience..... Bush doesn't want gays to be unioned civily or "married".... so he brings in the Bible.. he kills many people in Iraq... under the shroud of peace, and then acts like God is at utmost importance. You can't have it both ways. I'm sorry, but Clinton's BJ was less in the eyes of God than MURDER. God says not to cheat on your wife, he also says not to kill... both are sins, but they can't be prosecuted for sins because of separation of church and state.
You better chill with flaming buddy. As for your theory that gay-marriage is anti-gay i have tried to inform u as to ur ignorance about this but i guess we will just have to agree to disagree on that. I was not implying that i do not want seperation of church and state. I was giving my reason why i think it is wrong. I dont know how Bill Clinton came into this but w/e u say.

Old 10-13-2004, 11:41 PM   #23
Legacy Member
Legacy

I'm not trying to flame you.... you came out and said "you better get your **** straight" to me first.... I have my **** straight. I was comparing the two evils... Clinton's BJ to the murders of Bush.... let's see.. we spent 70-ish million dollars trying to impeach a president for a blow job.... and we don't even touch a man who's killing people almost without cause... blow job... killing.... yeah, blow job is definitely worse........ right

Old 10-13-2004, 11:41 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

aparently u are falling into the John Kerry Flip flop routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy_Beaner
excuse me... but republicans are anti-gay. Cheny is a Republican. Bush is anti-gay... he's very open about that. my **** is straight.
Quote:
PS, I never said my opinion was fact...
Quote:
(and yes, I have my **** straight... as in, that's a fact)

Old 10-13-2004, 11:43 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

I did not call u an idiot for having your opinions, i just told u to get your facts straight.

Saying that Bush is killing ppl without reason is just a completly ignorant statement!

Old 10-13-2004, 11:43 PM   #26
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by steedav6builder

This right here is typical liberal propaganda.
this is what got you the idiot comment... calling me a spreader of typical liberal propaganda... no propaganda... just definitions man. you tried using them on me... just not as well

Old 10-13-2004, 11:45 PM   #27
Legacy Member
Legacy

you're right, at the onset of war, he might have thought he had a decent reason... but you know what, they had an Iraqi doctor on TV the other day, completely unbiased... and she confirmed that Bush has killed more women and babies than the murderous Saddam.... now what? We've come to the end of the war, and Iraqi people are BEGGING us to please leave. Before we're done, there will be 3 nations out of Iraq.... you wait and see

Old 10-13-2004, 11:45 PM   #28
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
the thing you are missing jimmy is that Cheneys DAUGHTER is gay. Just because his daughter is gay, doesn't mean he has to support it and be pro gay marraige. He can't tell his daughter to not be gay, thats her choice, and yes it is a choice. So the argument that there is a difference in views between him and bush is null because his daughter being gay has nothing to do with his political view. For instance, I am pro death penalty, and if my brother whent out and killed someone, and he was sent to death row, I wouldn't suddenly be against it. It is something I believe in and even though my brother chose to kill someone, doesn't mean I am going to change my view.
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 11:46 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

im not sure what i tried "using" on you.

And the liberals trying to portray all republicans as gay bashers is liberal propaganda.

Old 10-13-2004, 11:47 PM   #30
Regular

Jimmy Beaner,

George Bush backs a Federal Ban on Gay Marriage... read that again Gay MArriage

Not civil unions but gay marriage

Can someone tell me the difference between the two? I can its called a word thats it. Civil Union gives gays the same rights as you and me minus the word Marriage

There you go, facts are straight now. No where in that legislation that Bush backed did it say ban Civil Unions

So you incorrectly assumed that Bush is anti-gay rights which he is not.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 11:52 PM   #31
Legacy Member
Legacy

so why do we not have a Civil Union bill going through Congress Brent?... that is Bush's job.. to propose things, and to veto, and pass stuff... if he's not anti-civil union, why not put it in Congress?

Old 10-13-2004, 11:54 PM   #32
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r
the thing you are missing jimmy is that Cheneys DAUGHTER is gay. Just because his daughter is gay, doesn't mean he has to support it and be pro gay marraige. He can't tell his daughter to not be gay, thats her choice, and yes it is a choice. So the argument that there is a difference in views between him and bush is null because his daughter being gay has nothing to do with his political view. For instance, I am pro death penalty, and if my brother whent out and killed someone, and he was sent to death row, I wouldn't suddenly be against it. It is something I believe in and even though my brother chose to kill someone, doesn't mean I am going to change my view.
you're 8 steps behind man.. we've moved past that into, if Bush isn't anti-gay unions.... why isn't he putting it in Congress or something... this is not so much about Cheney's daughter any more.. and I was using the fact that republicans are generally viewed as anti-gay to start my arguments up... sorry about the confusion... let's continue with the whole thing

Old 10-13-2004, 11:57 PM   #33
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
WARNING: This message really sucks compared to what I am thinking. There are major generalizations being made based in small pieces of an issue and my mind is going bezerk with what to say. Hopefully, the following doesn't come out as too confusing or mumbo jumbo. Now, on to my comments.
------------------------------

So, based on a couple of statements made, if you are against one item, that makes you anti everything related to that item. Example as stated "If you are anti gay mariage, then you are by default anti gay". Is that corrent? Using that logic, since I am anti reparations and anti affirmitive action, that must make me a racist person. Since we are making general assumtions, We can then say the following: Because I do not agree with those autonomous items, then I must be anti african american since that is the "group" typically associated with those terms. Well, that would be incorrect. I have date more than 1 african american in my life time. I am by no means, anti african american.

Just because you do not agree with a single item such as gay marriage, does not make you anti gay. There are gay folks that are anti gay marriage, I know 5 personally, so does that make them anti gay as well? That would be kind of funny. You can't make generalizations like that.

Finally, doesn't Mr. Kerry say he is against gay marriage as well? Well, I guess that makes him anti gay as well, wouldn't it? That would make him as much of a "low life" on this issue as W...
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 11:57 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

actually the post was started to talk about what he said about Cheneys daughter so id say hes right on track.

Old 10-13-2004, 11:59 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfin
WARNING: This message really sucks compared to what I am thinking. There are major generalizations being made based in small pieces of an issue and my mind is going bezerk with what to say. Hopefully, the following doesn't come out as too confusing or mumbo jumbo. Now, on to my comments.
------------------------------

So, based on a couple of statements made, if you are against one item, that makes you anti everything related to that item. Example as stated "If you are anti gay mariage, then you are by default anti gay". Is that corrent? Using that logic, since I am anti reparations and anti affirmitive action, that must make me a racist person. Since we are making general assumtions, We can then say the following: Because I do not agree with those autonomous items, then I must be anti african american since that is the "group" typically associated with those terms. Well, that would be incorrect. I have date more than 1 african american in my life time. I am by no means, anti african american.

Just because you do not agree with a single item such as gay marriage, does not make you anti gay. There are gay folks that are anti gay marriage, I know 5 personally, so does that make them anti gay as well? That would be kind of funny. You can't make generalizations like that.

Finally, doesn't Mr. Kerry say he is against gay marriage as well? Well, I guess that makes him anti gay as well, wouldn't it? That would make him as much of a "low life" on this issue as W...
Exactly

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar