Any 05 Mustang Sitings yet? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-15-2004, 04:03 PM   #1
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Any 05 Mustang Sitings yet?

Has anyone seen any 05's on their local dealer lots? I have called all around town today to see when they are expected to see the 05's, and they won't be here until Mid-Late November. Talk about taking your time. They starting shipping them out to lots on Oct 5th, I would expect to see something on one of the lots before december.

I really want to see and drive an 05 so I can decide if I want one for a daily driver. I can't stand the pics I have seen, and hope they look better in person.

Anyhow, was just wondering if anyone has seen them on their local lots.
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2004, 04:07 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Virginia
Send a message via AIM to oaktonarcher
i have never seen one at a lot but i did see and get next to one down at VA tech. ford was doing some talk to students down there. there was an 05, and 04 cobra, and a SVT focus. they do look much much better in person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
You still have a quote in your sig from a guy that hasn't signed in in almost 2 years
www.DeltaArmsCo.com
oaktonarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 04:08 PM   #3
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Send a message via AIM to Dom
Yep, a few have been shipped out to the big name dealerships for people to order off of. Mines pretty big, they are the dealer for Saleen and Roush, and said they aren't even thinking about them until after Thanksgiving.

Quote:
I really want to see and drive an 05 so I can decide if I want one for a daily driver. I can't stand the pics I have seen, and hope they look better in person.
It's gonna be a little more stiffer than the SN95s from what I read. So, if you like a soft ride, probally not for you. The do look good in person. The only thing I didn't like in the pictures was the mirrors, and they turned out to not be as big. But the ebrake handle is what's gonna get you. And that shifter, is short.
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2004, 04:12 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to whipster24 Send a message via Yahoo to whipster24
I saw 3 of them driving around in detroit, red, black, and yellow. A sharp lookin car!

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
-Adolf Hitler, 1935
whipster24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 04:15 PM   #5
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom
Yep, a few have been shipped out to the big name dealerships for people to order off of. Mines pretty big, they are the dealer for Saleen and Roush, and said they aren't even thinking about them until after Thanksgiving.

It's gonna be a little more stiffer than the SN95s from what I read. So, if you like a soft ride, probally not for you. The do look good in person. The only thing I didn't like in the pictures was the mirrors, and they turned out to not be as big. But the ebrake handle is what's gonna get you. And that shifter, is short.
We have a saleen/roush/svt dealer here too (total jerks) and they basically said the same thing...November.

I'm not worried about the ride too much or the shifter. The shifter in my cobra is pretty short as well, both in height and in throw. I am just pissed that it is going to take so long. I mean, 05 models of a lot of other vehicles are all over the lots already. With a remodel, you would think they would try and get them out quicker than 2 months. Just my .02 though.
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 04:26 PM   #6
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

Well, remember, it's a new plant. Two Mustangs will come off the line for every one Mazda 6. It'll be worth the wait, I promise.

But the GT is gonna have a little gurgle like the old Camaros do. It won't have that mellow agressive tone to it anymore.
Old 10-15-2004, 04:31 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Falcon Send a message via MSN to Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon
yea several dealers have them aroudn here including one my friends dad works at, i think im gonna go test drive it sometime, maybe its a michigan thing?
Full Stainless Magnaflow Exhaust, Stainless Longtubes/Off Road Y-Pipe, QTP E-Cutout, HP Tuners, Super Sucker Ram Air Kit, BMR Tunnel Brace/Driveshaft Safety Loop, Hotchkis Panhard Bar, Hypertech 160 Thermostat, CF Whisper Air Lid, Corvette FRCs, K&N, !AIR, !EGR
Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 04:34 PM   #8
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom
Well, remember, it's a new plant. Two Mustangs will come off the line for every one Mazda 6. It'll be worth the wait, I promise.

But the GT is gonna have a little gurgle like the old Camaros do. It won't have that mellow agressive tone to it anymore.
Mellow? Ah...who needs mellow. If I get a GT it wouldn't stay very mellow for very long anyhow. It would get some bassani pipes pretty quick....kind of like the cobra has some borla pipes ready to go in. I am no a very mellow person anyhow.

I will probably be getting a V6 since it will be my daily driver, but that is only if I can bring myself to get a V6. No offese guys, but I have a hard time accepting V6 stangs...I am a lot better than I used to be, but it is just my bull headedness.

I guess I will just have to sit back and wait...although patience is not my best quality.
Old 10-15-2004, 04:42 PM   #9
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

I was impressed of the new suspension setup. A true MacPherson setup. Plus, the new hydramount engine mounts.
Old 10-15-2004, 05:38 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64
Aaahhhh!!! I Want To Test Drive One!!!! Aaahhhh!!!!!!
Old 10-15-2004, 08:00 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Falcon Send a message via MSN to Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon
at first i hated them now when i see them more they look soooo sexy
Full Stainless Magnaflow Exhaust, Stainless Longtubes/Off Road Y-Pipe, QTP E-Cutout, HP Tuners, Super Sucker Ram Air Kit, BMR Tunnel Brace/Driveshaft Safety Loop, Hotchkis Panhard Bar, Hypertech 160 Thermostat, CF Whisper Air Lid, Corvette FRCs, K&N, !AIR, !EGR
Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 08:10 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Send a message via Yahoo to plstktnkr2
sightings

The parts guy at my local ford dealer had a red '05 in the showroom, get this :less than 4 hours! and it was gone . they said the rest will be coming in first 2 weeks of november.
1985 Lincoln Town Car Hearse
Local "10-hole Mafia" Don
member of the "Anti-Cowl" club
plstktnkr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 01:38 AM   #13
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
I haven't even seen one yet.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation