La County law says you race, we crush your cars - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-17-2004, 03:20 AM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
La County law says you race, we crush your cars

Well isn't that a bit more dangerous? Think about it.

These guys spend how much money into their car?

Ok $$$$$$$ cars meet up and race down this empty street at like 3 in the morning. The cops show up.

Either they..

A) Let the cops come over, arrest them, have their cars crushed
B) Try talking the cops out of it and pleed with them knowing their cars will still be crushed
C) Run knowing if they get caught their cars will get crushed regardless

I mean, like my folks were saying as I talked to them about this.. The cops in their time would show up, break it up and fine the people and leave. Now if you knew your car would be crushed, this car you put all this money into it, your urge to run would most likely come across your mind wouldn't it? I think it's more dangerous now to everyone to have something like this.

And if they think this is a good law then I suppose we should come up with "If you break into someone's car, we crush your hands so you can't do it anymore"

I mean how many handless car thieves do YOU know?

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2004, 07:00 AM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64
sounds like a very dumb law to me. It seems like there would be something illegal about crushing someones car.
Old 10-17-2004, 12:55 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to chips
all the better.

street racing is stupid, childish, inconsiderate, and dangerous. the law shouldn't affect you because you should just go to the track instead of putting innocent peoples lives in danger. i don't care if you do it at 3:00 am on a back road, people are still out driving. im sick of hearing kids whining about street racing laws - too ****ing bad! you race, your car is destroyed. its as simple as that. just go pay the $15 to race at the track.

people will try and run from cops no matter what. ive gone to watch the street races here in san antonio before. you know what happens when someone see's a cop? everybody runs. there's no law here saying your car will be crushed, but people will speed off to get away anyways.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2004, 12:59 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

here you go, just ask simeon's parents how they feel about the street racing laws. i had a chance to talk to some of his family members after it happened, and it was really sad.

http://www.lonestarstangs.com/forum/...t=lazerred99gt
Old 10-17-2004, 01:54 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Its a gay law. I feel bad for those Cali folks. And yep you I agree wit the person above that saaid everyone is def gonna be running now. Which in fact will cause even more drama cause all those little rice boys are gonna crash their civics together trying to get away.

Personally im all for street racing but safely but I feel that way cause my nearest track isnt 2 and half hours. and when you do go you only get 3 freakin runs in. Its gay. So is that law.

Sorry Cali watch your cars
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 02:02 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

its also dangerous to race at the track, its dangerous evry where, but i still do it

Now this is a crash
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 03:03 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64
Quote:
Originally Posted by chips
all the better.

street racing is stupid, childish, inconsiderate, and dangerous. the law shouldn't affect you because you should just go to the track instead of putting innocent peoples lives in danger. i don't care if you do it at 3:00 am on a back road, people are still out driving. im sick of hearing kids whining about street racing laws - too ****ing bad! you race, your car is destroyed. its as simple as that. just go pay the $15 to race at the track.

people will try and run from cops no matter what. ive gone to watch the street races here in san antonio before. you know what happens when someone see's a cop? everybody runs. there's no law here saying your car will be crushed, but people will speed off to get away anyways.
I agree with you 100% that racing should be done at the track, but its hard to resist some stop light to stop light action. But I think that the law should take your license and impound your car, not crush it, like i said before, it seems illegal to be crushing the cars (may be considered "cruel and unusual").
Old 10-17-2004, 04:43 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

I personally agree with EclipseGSTDude about street racing in this topic:

Drag Racing in LA leads to 17 arrests

You know how far the closest track is by me? A couple hours away, so I can waste gas when I drive there, buy more gas, buy a ticket, buy who knows what or I can do it right here right now with this guy next to me at a light. Granted, I'm not racing on a busy street, normally it's at night with no one anywhere and I don't bring like a ton of people with me or anything. I just bring myself, and my good buddy minding my own buisness.

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Old 10-17-2004, 06:26 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
nah its just a scare tactic. maybe if you own the car they can, but if youre financing its still the property of the bank, and i really dont think theyre gonna give away a car that easy.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 08:30 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 232stang
its also dangerous to race at the track
the track is under controlled conditions, and there is an emergancy crew standing by to help if something happens. this is the opposite of street racing, and i still think that if you street race, you deserve to have your car destroyed.
Old 10-17-2004, 08:37 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
the track is under controlled conditions, and there is an emergancy crew standing by to help if something happens. this is the opposite of street racing, and i still think that if you street race, you deserve to have your car destroyed.
c'mon u have to have raced your stang at a stoplight once or twice, are you gonna tell me you have never just raced from stop light to stop light in your stang
Old 10-17-2004, 08:46 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
c'mon u have to have raced your stang at a stoplight once or twice, are you gonna tell me you have never just raced from stop light to stop light in your stang
i drive a truck, and no, i have never raced.
Old 10-17-2004, 08:48 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
i drive a truck
WELL THAT EXPLAINS IT
Old 10-17-2004, 08:51 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
WELL THAT EXPLAINS IT
yeah, every kid with an f-150 or chevy 1500 tries to race me
Old 10-17-2004, 11:20 PM   #15
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Send a message via AIM to Dom
Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseGSTdude
nah its just a scare tactic. maybe if you own the car they can, but if youre financing its still the property of the bank, and i really dont think theyre gonna give away a car that easy.
Yea, I have a feeling they are not gonna crush your car.
Old 10-17-2004, 11:28 PM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

lol good point, think I'll buy me an 04 Cobra leasing from the bank and race it to hell and let the cops do something with me at the end of this mess

Old 10-18-2004, 12:19 AM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
^^^lol 03redfire just got a nice fine, 270 if im not mistaken. while they dont crush your car, youd prolly be in debt for a very long time, make your life a living hell, and by the time you were eligible to drive, we wouldnt even have cars, wed be flying around in little spaceships.

alot of people around here that are all-show, are that for a reason. they either used to be a all-go person till they got over it(the speed factor), or got busted so many times they decided it wasnt worth it in the end. sometimes i even wonder if its even worth it, then winning a 3 way with a typeR and a 98 GT and winning puts things in perspective.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 12:22 AM   #18
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I do stop light to stop light racing. Not going to lie. I dont go to all out street race meets or wahtever. Thats just lame. If someone pulls up next to me at a light and wants to mess around and I am comfortable with it (light traffic, plenty of road) then I will. I dont do stupid **** anymore

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 12:24 AM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseGSTdude

doesnt matter if they still own it. you owe them the money for it. so they crush it, you still make payments on it. It is like if you buy a car and total it. Insurance only gives you X amount, but if it is less than what you owe, that comes out of pocket at your expense.

anyway. street racing is not smart, but that might be a little extreme. They should have it as a second offense or something. I think it will deter people from racing if they make it pubilc they are actually crushing cars in the event of racing, but I think a first offense is not good. doesnt cali have the 3 strikes rule?
Old 10-18-2004, 01:01 AM   #20
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
I think it's a gay law, and street racing on the whole isn't smart, but people do it, people will always do it.

I will go at a red light, of course, only sometimes w/ my slomatic v6. I took out a 2004 v6 w/ 20s the other day.

I'd never race around curves, on a busy road, or a curvy one. But not everybody has selfcontrol.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar