Stereo Stolen - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-20-2004, 07:54 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Rellik Send a message via Yahoo to Rellik
Unhappy Stereo Stolen

As you can probably imagine from the title, my entire system was stolen this morning while I was at my chick's house.

I woke up at 5am, went out to my car, unlocked it from the remote, and noticed when the light came on that my glovebox was open... I'm thinking .. wtf? I glance higher and see wires... all over the place. I reach down to open the door... it was already cracked open. Got in the car, the stereo is gone. Looked through the back seat, the trunk is cracked open and my subwoofer was gone.

CD's, radar detector, bowling balls/bag, que stick, CHECKBOOK were all still in the car.

Got to the drivers side, and the door lock is bent in, and it looks like a screwdriver was used to pry it open. So now my lock is trash, my door is dented, I have no stereo, but I still have the car

The car was parked out front of her house, in a place where I could look out the window and see my car no more than 30 feet away.

Moral of the story:
1) If they didnt steal the car, dont ***** too much
2) Invest in a car alarm!
3) Never put anything in your car that you can live without.

I am going to be getting an MP3 headunit so I can take out my 400 Original CD's, and buying a car alarm. Thank god my 1600 dollar laptop, or external HDD wasnt in the car... that would have reason for going nuts.

My girl thought I was going to go absolutly crazy... but she didnt do it, so why get all crazy on her? The stereo can be replaced. I'm dealing with Insurance claims at the moment. Fun Fun.

Ok, I'm done
Rellik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2004, 08:03 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Sorry to hear man, some people like that really need to be dragged out in the street and shot.

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 08:16 PM   #3
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
wow. that sucks man... i'm sorry.

let us know how it goes w/ insurance and whatnot.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2004, 08:36 PM   #4
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Sorry to hear about your car. That sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik
..., bowling balls/bag, ... were all still in the car.
It is weird. I don't think people realize the value of bowling balls. I had about $1500 (11 of em) worth in the back of my explorer when someone broke into it (ok the doors were all unlocked). Each was less than 10 games old and all were in rolling bags. The only thing the person took was my owner's manual and about 73 cents from the console. They could have made a killing on them.
Old 10-20-2004, 09:00 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to chips
sorry man, that ****in sucks. ive had all 3 of my trucks broken into in my own driveway. after the last time it happened, i bought an ak.
Old 10-20-2004, 09:49 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Rellik Send a message via Yahoo to Rellik
Total value of my blowking balls and equpiment (drilled, thumb plug and fingertip inserts on both) is roughly the same price as my system. So I am very happy they left them. They opened hte bowling bag and shoe compartment though... jsut to check I suppose.

I'll keep everyone up to date on the insurance crap... I have a feelling that my rates are going to go up
Rellik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 09:59 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
I hate people who do this crap, if it isnt yours to touch...leave it the hell alone!
Old 10-20-2004, 10:34 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
They'll do it all day long...that's why a Viper alarm was one of the first things I did to my car. Gotta love that patented chirp lol. But yeh, buy an alarm and put it all on insurance lol
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 12:22 AM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
alarms only scare the amateurs.

if they really want the car or its contents, theyll get it.

point of key, my cousins eclipse GS had a badass clifford(i think) security system, remote start, pagers, the works. i never knew this until i watched gone in 60 seconds, but do you know how easy it is for them to lock on to your transmitter frequency? well my cousin found that out, as the theives got the freq. and unlocked the car and spent all night on it. that car was gutted, worst thing i have ever seen. nothing ripped out though, more like the cleanest uninstall ive ever seen, definate pros. if they want it, theyll get it.

sucks to hear, i remember when i had my sytem and guages stolen. just be glad they didnt pop the hood and make life miserable for you, or steal the car completely.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 01:17 AM   #10
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I feel your pain

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 01:52 AM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Yeh, luckily noone's ever broken into my cars, they did break into my dad's truck, crawl over the laptop and get his wallet..no money and a 800 dollar fire dept radio with all police frequencies, talked on it till the battery died lol
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 06:15 AM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64
that sucks man, good luck
Old 10-21-2004, 11:33 AM   #13
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri
just for the record ill share my experience...

My freshman year at the dorms my car was broken into, they drilled out the trunk lock, pryed around my passenger door lock, stole my head unit, and one of my amps. They did 1600 dollars worth of damage to my car and stole about 600 bucks worth of equipment. I filed it with insurance, and they replaced all the stereo stuff with the current models of equal price, and fixed the whole car all for my 100 dollar deductible. Depending on your coverage, your rates might not go up... mine sure didnt. I have state farm full coverage, and they really were great through the whole process... so there is hope man

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 11:36 AM   #14
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
i think we've discussed ins before, but my state farm were ******** when i had problems. I hope you don't have any problems Rellik.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 12:30 PM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

Sorry to hear that Evin. I hate vandals. Your insurance premiums shouldn't go up though. I had someone smash a taillight and bend my trunk on my evo 2 weeks to the day after I bought it and my rates didn't go up. I also had something happen on my mustang and my rates didn't go up. I have state farm as well and have been so impressed with them (and still currently on how fast they are getting my check out to me for my wreck over the weekend)
Old 10-21-2004, 08:23 PM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Falcon Send a message via MSN to Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon
wow i love living in the country although the city is 15 minutes away they dont venture out here , the only thing thats bad that ive experienced is some kids who were pissed that their former gf was takin by the guy they were bout to prank, they covered his car in hay, and put a construction barrel on the top of the hay haha.
Full Stainless Magnaflow Exhaust, Stainless Longtubes/Off Road Y-Pipe, QTP E-Cutout, HP Tuners, Super Sucker Ram Air Kit, BMR Tunnel Brace/Driveshaft Safety Loop, Hotchkis Panhard Bar, Hypertech 160 Thermostat, CF Whisper Air Lid, Corvette FRCs, K&N, !AIR, !EGR
Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar