Ford lightning dead... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-21-2004, 10:38 PM   #1
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Ford lightning dead...

I know there have been some reports about the lightning being postponed. Well, I just came upon a couple of articles that were quite disheartning. Seems the bean counters at Ford don't understand the L...It looks like the soonest us power truck junkies can expect a new L is around 2008....Maybe.

http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=101065

And a little info as to how to be a pain in SVT/Fords ***. Just like when they wanted to ditch the mustang, it might take some pressure to get Ford to keep a legend alive. So, if y'all get bored, check out this link and help out a legend.
http://www.nloc.net/forum/showthread...threadid=81310
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2004, 10:43 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Send a message via AIM to Hoover
The lady I work with, her brother is the lead engineer on the ford lightening project, I will ask her tomorrow what the story is or if she can find out. Her brother also was part of the test engineers on the Ford GT, she has photo's with him and her in the GT. I also know it is her brother because I met him at a wedding she invited me to. So hopefully I find something out tomorrow (10/22)

and by the way GO CARDS, WORLD SERIES HERE WE COME!
Hoover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 10:52 PM   #3
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoover
The lady I work with, her brother is the lead engineer on the ford lightening project, I will ask her tomorrow what the story is or if she can find out. Her brother also was part of the test engineers on the Ford GT, she has photo's with him and her in the GT. I also know it is her brother because I met him at a wedding she invited me to. So hopefully I find something out tomorrow (10/22)

and by the way GO CARDS, WORLD SERIES HERE WE COME!
That would be cool. I have read about 10 articles about the cancelation of the L and it would be great to hear it from an "official" source. Needless to say, the second link about how to bug them is still a good idea just in case it is true, or if it is about to be true.
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2004, 11:03 PM   #4
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Send a message via AIM to Dom
Someone is falling asleep behind the wheel at Ford. The canceled the new Shelby Cobra Roadster, the SVT Focus, and now the Lightning?

The Lightning inspired all the other super-trucks right now. Just when Ford gets some competition they cut bait and pull out.
Old 10-22-2004, 12:08 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

yeah ford is more moody then my girlfriend j/k thank goodness she wont see this
I will see if I can get the lady I work with to let me scan the photo's she has so i can post them up.
Old 10-22-2004, 08:45 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Ok so I talked with my coworker today and She is going ot ask her brother what is up witht he lightening, but she doesnt think that they are scrapping it, since he just got moved to work on that project. Also she is going to grab the photo's she has of the GT with her and her bro so i can upload them.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar