Who has had a accident over the last year and are we Jinxed - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

View Poll Results: Have you had a accident this year and do you believe in a Mustang Evolution Jinx
I have had an accident and I believe in the jinx 9 30.00%
I have had an accident but there is no jinx 9 30.00%
No accident this year but there is a jinx 2 6.67%
No accident this year and there is no jinx 10 33.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-29-2004, 07:58 AM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Who has had a accident over the last year and are we Jinxed

OK I dont believe in Jinxes but I have had 2 accident this year

First accident you all remember when I hit the concrete parking lot divider laying in the street.

Second accident was tuesday night. I was leaving Walmart at about 8:15pm when I cam up to a light to make a right turn as I came thru the light the back end of my car lost traction and spun me around, in trying to correct I turned the wheel the other way and got not response. It was if I had hit Ice. The car slid in a curb with my right front tire making contact damaging my $250 Michelin Tire. I saw up the street cop cars and a fire engine and wonder what was going on. I went and parked the car in a Baskin Robbins parking lot next to where I spun out. When I got to the road the whole right turn lane was covered in Transmission fluid ARGGGHHHH as I got back up on the curve a Ford Explorer hit the same spot and slid right across4 lanes of traffic hitting the curb across the street. I got in my car and went up the street ato nitify the police and realized they were putting cat litter on the street where the car responsible for the fluid on the street had died leaving a trail from where I had my accident all the way to the next light 300 yeards up.

Brent knows where this happened. when Brent, Nick and n8r came to track day they stayed at the Holiday express just around the corner from Baskin Robbins and Taco Bell where this happened

Old 10-29-2004, 08:05 AM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
I had an accident this summer...
I was leaving subway in my hometown headed back to work. Look at traffic, cuz I gotta jump across all lanes of traffic. See one car coming, blinker on..nose diving. So I punch it to get across intersection, I ended up hitting that car in the right front fender and tire..It sucked. Had to get a new front bumper after that one. Luckily it didn't go on insurance, I cut the guy a check the next day and worked 2 months to pay for my car...had to drive around with white duct tape on my front bumper.
But on a happy note..I haven't gotten a ticket in over a year
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 08:08 AM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Tennessee
Send a message via AIM to dark Send a message via Yahoo to dark
<~ 2 wrecks since joining 232stangs.com

but i wrecked 2 other cars before that, so who knows
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2004, 08:27 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Send a message via AIM to Crispy
Thank god it wasnt an accident, nor anything serious, but my car has been put through plain ****in hell. My front bumper is all rock chipped up from travelin to school, and has little parking scratches, from others, im extremely careful and considerate when parallel parking, I wont go into a spot unless I KNOW its big enough. My mom scratched my passenger side side-skirt parking when i first got the car. Some one smashed into my rear bumper about 4 months ago parking, cracked the driver side tail light lens and a nice crack in the bumper. The whole back of the bumper has just about every damn car in my neigborhoods paint on it, unless I removed it, then there are scratches. The passenger side of the back bumper was scraped by a taxi while drivin, I didnt wanna deal with it so I jus waved him off, this was after the first rear bumper incident.
Just the other day I had my car parked at my intersection and I guess there was a new bus driver on the route, so he decided to pull this pretty tight turn and cant, he miss judges and backs up to correct, a little too much though, his bumper goes through my passenger corner lamp and almost through my fender, theres a little scratch on my bumper in the general area that follows the pattern as well, I don't think he did it, but i'm gonna try to get money for a bumper from insurance as well.

Thats my sob story lol.
Crispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 09:35 AM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
<- Totalled my 98 Mustang on the freeway.

(I think I may have started it )

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 09:45 AM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: North Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Rick0636 Send a message via Yahoo to Rick0636
I have had 3 mustangs in a row now, since 97, an 86 vert, a 94 vert and the 99 GT, the closest thing to an accident I have had was when a woman hit my rear bumper in the 86, her insurance company wrote me a nice check and I polished off the "damage" with some polishing compound and wax.
Rick Kilpatrick, AAS Automotive Systems Tech, Alamance Community College, Class of 99. 06 5 speed manual Mustang with Pony pkg : GT Mac Mufflers, true duals with one custom pipe. 2.5" system. GT bumper cover, all installed March 7&8 2006. AFE Stage 1 CAI, Motoblue Underdrive pulley, GT aluminum shifter knob, honeycomb rear blackout panel,and dash kit installed. Roush hood scoop and side window louvers installed. SS taillight trim has been installed, new alum. GT steering wheel installed.
Rick0636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 10:01 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I had one this past summer. Was working 8-10hr days then gooing out with my friends till 2am everynight.

Was driving home at 2am and fell asleep. Went off the side of the road, hit a street sign that damaged my hood, fender and ripped my front bumper clena off. Curb chewed up my rims pretty bad too.

Could've been worse. I woke up as soon as I hit the curb, a gaurdrail began about 5-10ft in front of me, and there was a ditch/woods to the left had I gone that way.

My last one was 2 years ago...tryin to keep up with a WRX in the winter, spun out on the ice-covered on-ramp to a highway and hit the gaurdrail.

I haven't had any accidents involving another car/person tho...just **** that happens to me or my stupidity.

1999 V6 5-speed
14.6 @ 95 w/ 2.22 60'
Wrecked
stangin99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 10:12 AM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1
It's been better than a year since I had one. I don't believe in curses, jinxes, or other such superstition...Unless I'm watching football, in which case standing up and pacing around in front of the TV seems to help my teams in critical situations.

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 10:35 AM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to V6STANG007 Send a message via Yahoo to V6STANG007
This is important??!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
OK you are right!!! Maybe I am the Old Crazy One
V6STANG007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 11:15 AM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6STANG007
This is important??!!
Listen you BROTHER COREY FEELS THIS IS IMPORTANT, SO IT IS!!!!!
Old 10-29-2004, 11:59 AM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Listen you BROTHER COREY FEELS THIS IS IMPORTANT, SO IT IS!!!!!
Brother Corey is having a power hungry pshyco moment
It's ok Brother Corey. if you feel it is important, then it must be important :mrt:

On topic: no accidents. no jinx, not important, lol

Quote:
Old 10-29-2004, 12:01 PM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

DAMN STRAIGHT !!!! Now go find a statue of BUDAH and rub his belly !!!!!
Old 10-29-2004, 12:17 PM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
.. Now go find a statue of BUDAH and rub his belly !!!!!

Quote:
Old 10-29-2004, 12:28 PM   #14
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri
The only time ive ever had an accident was I was driving through a parking lot following some ***** that was driving about 2 mph... well i got impatient and decided to go through the parking spaces in the lot and veered off to the right to start doing just that. Well at that very moment the dumb ***** in front of me decides to pull into the parking space that i was driving in at that time and i nailed her front fender of that piece of **** probe and crunched it all in, screwed over her wheel cover, and all that happend to mine was a crack in the bumper, some of her paint, and an area of paint gone on my bumper along with a lil chipped plastic from my left turn signal (which ended up in me getting clear corners) We never filed it on insurance, just bought my saleen bumper instead and cut the ***** a check which never went to fixing her car anyway.

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 12:28 PM   #15
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

And then I hit a racoon with my new bumper

I like toys
Old 10-29-2004, 04:01 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

the week after i got my car somone backed into it, denting the right front fender up. a while after that i drifted around a corner, the same one i drift around all the time, except this time for some reason i went sliding up in some guys yard. bottom left part of my bumper smacked into an embankment. caved it in, but i popped it out with a hammer and you cant even notice it. there was a tree right behind the embankment, so i guess you could say i was lucky. tore up the guys yard pretty good. didnt stick around long enough to talk to him tho, was late at night and i hauled *** outta there. can still see the tire treads on the road. then about a week ago i got a ticket for reckless driving, and i gotta go to court for that on the 15th. so yeah, i'd say theres a good chance of a curse.
evilweirdo42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 04:07 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to chips
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilweirdo42
the week after i got my car somone backed into it, denting the right front fender up. a while after that i drifted around a corner, the same one i drift around all the time, except this time for some reason i went sliding up in some guys yard. bottom left part of my bumper smacked into an embankment. caved it in, but i popped it out with a hammer and you cant even notice it. there was a tree right behind the embankment, so i guess you could say i was lucky. tore up the guys yard pretty good. didnt stick around long enough to talk to him tho, was late at night and i hauled *** outta there. can still see the tire treads on the road. then about a week ago i got a ticket for reckless driving, and i gotta go to court for that on the 15th. so yeah, i'd say theres a good chance of a curse.
or a pretty good chance of you being a bad driver.
Old 10-29-2004, 05:17 PM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

I had an accident about 2 weeks ago
Old 10-29-2004, 05:24 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
i had an accident about a month ago
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 05:37 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

not a bad driver. wasnt even in my car when it was backed into, it was parked across the street. and i've drifted around that turn lots of times, wet and dry, at about 50-60 mph. i was doing 35 when i slid into the guys yard. still dont know why i did. tires are fine, still lots of grip, wasnt wet, and i executed it perfectly. ticket wasnt my fault either, cop was a major prick. should've just gotten a warning.
evilweirdo42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 05:57 PM   #21
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64
i believe in it and its happened to me!
Old 10-29-2004, 09:16 PM   #22

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to canman
I've joined recently...and gotten in an accident since I've joined. I've taken this turn in the rain at 30 mph, no problems. It was just barely drizzling outside (wipers didn't even have to be on) and I took the curve at 25 mph, and I started sliding into the left lane so I turned the other way to avoid the car coming the other way and fishtailed and hit the front of my car on a tree. Beat up the headlight and the bumper. Even worse, some lady asked me if I was alright, then called the cops. Police station is like 2 minutes down the street from where I had the accident so they got there, and gave me a ticket for careless driving. :ar15: cops :rockets:
canman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 11:53 PM   #23
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
I got hit by a semi... why he decided to join me in my lane, no idea... but surely sounds weird.. also, people like to just cut into my lane .. cut me off, for no reason, I think they're jealous... but sure

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 12:02 AM   #24
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Indiana
Send a message via AIM to Fishers Stang
Going to meet a lady friend for lunch, just had found bad news out.. stoped at a stoplight, light turned green and the lady the started to go, i let off the gas and then out of no where she slamed on the brakes and i roled into her, no damage on my car, my uncle had to repaint her rear bumper.
Old 10-30-2004, 08:38 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Send a message via AIM to Crispy
Just yesterday I'm drivin down a 1 way street when a Yukon decides to turn down that 1 way, the opposite way of course. He had his windows wide open, so how in the hell can you make an illegal turn, with out caution, let alone with a loud *** red mustang coming right at you, we both looked like deers in headlights, I slammed on my brakes, it didnt seem like he did though, I just missed him. After the fact, I kinda wished I would slammed into him, i was goin about 25-30 and it would've been completly his fault.

By the way, I dont think we are jinxed or theres a curse or any of that.

Except for the Cubs lol @ the Cubs.
Crispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 09:58 AM   #26
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilweirdo42
i executed it perfectly.
apparently not

I like toys
Old 10-30-2004, 04:13 PM   #27
I liek gramer
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
some old guy tried to get in my lane, with me next to him a few months back.

I believe...
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 12:57 AM   #28
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Virginia
Send a message via AIM to oaktonarcher
im lucky, in three and a half years of driving i have never been in an accident*knocks on wood*. had some really close calls. one time this guy cut me off doing about 55 i slammed the brakes and locked them up. the guy behind me swung around me at the last sec. and missed me. and i almost totalled my dads 69 cutlass by coming around a corner like i would in my car and then later trying to stop that thing .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
You still have a quote in your sig from a guy that hasn't signed in in almost 2 years
www.DeltaArmsCo.com
oaktonarcher is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar