political questions answered - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-29-2004, 03:02 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

political questions answered

ok i am making this post so that namely I can post my questions about either canadate. Ihave no power to delete any pointlesss posts, but im asking that unless you have facts , not what you heard your grandmother saying. that you dont reply to peoples questions. its a waste of time and all it does is spread false truths with is seriously plagueing this election. Also I am disgusted by both of these canadates, so i am inpartial to both.

my question is this: Bush has been accused by many many people of slwoly removing the first amendment. not litterally, but in the sense of fining broadcats companies that use words on the borderline, and sometimes over. you obviously know that i am talking about the howard stern show. Now, that brings up the other issue. Michael powell was moved into the fcc's door by Clinton, when clinton left office he was moved up to head, and his father then joined the republican party.interesting..... i am looking for FACTS on this matter, not half truths. this is what i have heard. back to the broadcast fines. I find it ironic that the radio show with the longest list of fines, is the show that daily talks bush and thier disgust with his performance in office. now everyone know how much howard has been fined, oprah winfrey did a segment on teenage rape, or molestation. her "on-air" dialog was writen down and compared to that of a show f wich howard was fined.. when complaints were filed to the fcc, michael powells responce was the oprah is a beloved woman and that clearly her intentions were not to offend anyone. michael powell ended up being cornered by howard on a readio show adn michael denies ever saying this. ok fine.... he says it is still in the commision and still being voted on . this happened a while ago, since then the fcc has come out with fines against howard stern thatdate to beyond three years ago. thats alot of digging. the point of all of this is to use the facts i have herd, to explain that i feel bush is using his powers, and peoples he knows to force the ones against him to be quiet.president bush almost every major political figure before they wil even consider an interview a paper must be signed saying that they can not be asked any questions stated before hand.. why in the world did we elect people into office that we cant ask questions to. or is there a legit reason for this. im done typing for now. again id ppreciate only serious replys from people who know what they are talking about
This is America, where every vote counts, unless it's a vote for a Democrat.
thirstymate is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2004, 04:29 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Your theory is riddled with errors. Colen Powell has always been a Republican he did not just turn into one. There are many radio and TV show that attack Bush but are on the air and dont get fines. Stern is a pioneer of shock radio and has been in trouble almost his whole career this is not new. What is new it the amount of the fines for Cussing or filthy behavior while on the air. Stearn problem are not politically motivated but he is using it to his advantage to get Democrates to rally behind him. It is nothing but more bull**** to deflect the problem Stearn is having with his vulgar mouth and people being offended.
The whole Oprah thing is bogus because she doen not use vulgar words so please dont use that stupid arguement. That is like a doctor talking with you about sexual problem and you sue him because you were embarrassed because he said vagina in front of you.

Please be real and there is no political conspracy to remove Stearn if they were would they not have fined Bill Maher on his HBO show

Old 10-30-2004, 02:20 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
The whole Oprah thing is bogus because she doen not use vulgar words so please dont use that stupid arguement. That is like a doctor talking with you about sexual problem and you sue him because you were embarrassed because he said vagina in front of you.
Please be real and there is no political conspracy to remove Stearn if they were would they not have fined Bill Maher on his HBO show
Yours is also riddled with mistakes. The powells WERE democrats at one point. There was a big article in Newsweek about the Fcc's.

Secondly have you ever honestly listen to the Stern show (been a listener for a very loooong time). Stern himself doesnt say the vulgar language. Its more along the lines of his guests and his wack pack members. (also not gonna say that a vulgar word such as ****** dick doesnt slip but it happens just like when Ryan Seacrest said the word F*CK and didnt get fined)
He used all the same sexual monologes as Oprah did. There is no differ cause he has done this for years.

Thirdly the fines all started up the very MOMENT stern attacked Bush that day is when the whooping quater mil. fines came. thats a FACT. Also stern doesnt want the democrats on his side because he isnt for any political side. Hes just one of the millions that go by the slogan ANYONE BUT BUSH

Look at what I quoted the same thing you said of would you be embrassed is all the same lines as what Oprah and Stern says theres no differ whats so ever.

As for the HBO thing hello you PAY to see HBO you DONT pay to listen to stern thats why the FCC is on his *** and same on reasonings on Bubba the love sponge and opie and whatever his name is.

So there you have it packo.
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2004, 02:50 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
I have watched Stern and listen to him for quite some time. I dont necessarily agree with FCC but if people log the complaints they will take action. several years ago a DJ friend of mine slipped up on a radio show and people complained even after he made numerous apologies on air but it did not matter and the station canned him. Stern has been pissing off the FCC for years well before Bush was around. Ever since the Janet Jackson Superbowl even the FCC has come down on everyone PERIOD . It has nothing to do with Bush. There are radio staions in liberal markets all over that attack Bush and they are not goin after him. My analogy using the HBO show was off the mark though. The FCC has gotten tougher on all you break the rules because of Janet and a host of others trying to press the rules past the limits allowed by the law and please dont mention Oprah again because nobody complained to the FCC on her and here shows are not confrontational or to shock people.

NO Powell was not a Democrat he was a Independent and had voted for some Democrates. Hell I am a registered republican but I voted for a Democrate Senator in the last elections. So the idea of a conspiracy againt Stern is laughable. When or why would Bush even worry about the average audience of Sterns. It is not likely they would vote for him anyway ..

So end this conspiracy crap Buckaroo!!!!
Old 10-31-2004, 01:48 AM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1
Haven't read every word...just wanted to add a little "insight":

The Republican party and the Democrat party haven't been on the same sides of the issues as they are now. The south was historically Democrat, as in totally opposite as they are now. Since those times, however, the parties have shifted. The south seems to agree with enforcement of morality...

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

« Hello | Guess what? »