|Mustang Evolution Community Rules
There is no charge for joining this Forum! This is a community of individuals who share a common interest in Mustangs . Please think before you post and keep your comments limited to the topic at hand and above all be nice. If you come across any violations to these guidelines or have any problems navigating the site, do not hesitate to let us know through the Report Post function or the Contact Us link (bottom of the page); we'll be happy to address your concerns.
We aim to ensure that the forum is an enjoyable place that you want to visit time and time again. Please treat each other with respect just as you would on the road.
- Our rules extend to all sections of the website including private messaging.
- Personal attacks on others will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully. Excessive sarcasm, belligerence, insults, profanity, anger, offensive comments about race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, and national origin, are not acceptable.
- Do not post libelous remarks or directly misleading information.
- Stay on topic by keeping discussions relevant and on track.
- Participants may not post or bump threads to pad post counts. Bumping is posting useless information, posting one-liners or any other action to deliberately keep a thread hot.
- Do not take every opportunity to express your disagreement, incite argument, insult each other, or fan flames. Voice you opinion respectfully and then let it go.
- Do not post the same discussion more than once or in more than one forum.
- Posts containing rude, explicit, obscene or vulgar language or abbreviations, images or links to websites with adult content/images or punctuation marks designed to "trick" our obscenity filter may be removed.
- Public discussion about moderation or moderator decisions is not allowed. If a moderator deletes or edits one of your posts and you disagree with the action, contact the moderator concerned. Do not repost deleted material.
- NO SPAM! Our user base is not a resource to be "mined" by individuals, groups, or businesses, for profit or not for profit. Participants may not post affiliate links or links to direct others to any pages at their own commercial website or website in which they have a commercial interest.
- Trolling and cyberstalking are NOT allowed and are grounds for account restriction or banishment. Trolling on this board includes posting controversial and often irrelevant or off-topic messages with the intention of (or anticipated result of) baiting other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal, harmonious on-topic discussion, especially when a pattern of such posting is apparent.
- Classifieds are NOT to be used for off topic chatter or general discussions about a buyer or sellers ad but are intended for posts directly related to questions about the item for sale or trade.
- Fair Warning: Discussions about street racing or other types of illegal activity involving automobiles, public roads, or parking lots, as well as discussions about politics, religion and weaponry will be closed or removed.
- Be mindful of yourself and others. This forum is not a democracy; it is privately owned and we make the rules. If rules are violated we retain the right at our discretion to remove, edit or delete posts and if necessary ban or remove members. Any abuse toward our staff may/will result in immediate suspension of your account.
- We take the "be nice" rule VERY seriously!
Classifieds Use: Our classifieds system is offered as a benefit of membership, no commercial sales are permitted. We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum. Only members with 20 posts or more may post new ads.
- Forum members should use the standard fonts available on the forum. The use of bold, large or colored fonts should be used sparingly. Posts containing inappropriate formatting will be removed or modified at our discretion; e.g. all caps or excessive color.
- Posts and threads are to located in the appropriate topic area; moderators may move content that is inappropriately located.
- E-mail and web address are not appropriate forum user names.
- Posts should be well formatted. Use paragraphs, punctuation, and capital letters appropriately. Excessive use of Netspeak/LOLspeak (internet slang) and texting shortcuts (b4, str8, etc) is not permitted. Posts with violations may be edited or deleted without notification.
- The language of this forum is English. If you are not a native English speaker, do your best. We are glad to have you as a member and will be supportive and polite.
- Do not post protected or copyrighted material. Information copyrighted or owned by any individual or entity other than the member should not be posted on the discussion forums without the consent of the owner. If such an event occurs, the individual posting the information shall be held solely responsible. You cannot legally post entire articles or news in the forum without permission from the copyright holder. Even if you attribute the article correctly its still copyright infringement. Under Fair Use provisions you can legally post a small abstract of an article - or perhaps the opening paragraph. In either case please post a link to source. The exception to this rule is press releases; they are meant for distribution and can be copied and posted in their entirety. If you are not sure if you can copy something then always err on the side of caution and simply post a link to the material.
- Include the name of the item in the title of your post
- Ads must include following information: A detailed description including year, model number, selling price or terms of sale, item location and shipping or delivery options and pictures of item.
- EVERY For Sale ad must have at least one picture that includes the item displayed along with a piece of paper that includes your forum username and date clearly visible.
- Place only one ad per item - do not post or repost an ad in more than one section of the classifieds.
- Links to Ebay, Craigslist, or other sites is not permitted within a classified ad.
- Do not place posts disputing or questioning a price on an item listed by the OP of the classified ad; posting different prices from another source will be removed, unless provided by the OP of the ad.
- Member signatures are NOT ALLOWED to contain or describe an item for sale.
- Ads may be removed by our staff at any time for any reason.
Mustang-Related Commercial Posting
Our Community is intended for the exchange of thoughts, ideas, questions, experiences and knowledge related to Mustangs and sharing that information in a friendly, non-commercial atmosphere. We recognize, however, that many of the most experienced, informed members have a Mustang-related commercial interest and that their years of experience as industry professionals are the very foundation of their enhanced knowledge. We invite these members to participate in forum discussions but only Sponsoring Vendors may promote their products and services. Please remember:
- No member is exempt from any portion of our Community Rules and every member is invited to participate in all areas of the Forum.
- Members may not solicit our membership or advertise except as specifically allowed in these policies or by prior arrangements with SK network.
- Members will refrain from making direct, emotionally charged, posts to, or about competitors.
Dealer/Vendor and Customer Disputes
This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about vendors or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with the seller, manufacturer and dealer through other means but not through our community.
About the First Amendment, censorship and your "right to free speech"
We believe in public freedom of speech but that right does not infer that others have to publish your speech. Mustang Evolution is privately owned and we require members to abide by our rules and by the decisions of our staff. If you post outside these guidelines your post may be edited or deleted - any law or constitutional right your country may have regarding freedom of speech does not apply to this site.
Site Management, Member Concerns & Account Closure
If we feel site rules are violated we may remove, edit or delete posts and if necessary ban or restrict account access. If a moderator deletes or edits one of your posts and you disagree with the action, contact the moderator concerned or any other member of our site team. Do not repost deleted material. This forum is largely self-policing, which means that moderators will respond and react to problems reported through the REPORT POST option, via the CONTACT FORM at the bottom of each page, or via PM. Do not hesitate to use these tools to report any problems regarding the forum.
Requests for changes to your account should be made by using the Contact Us link at the bottom of every forum page.
Participants may only have one account. Moderators may consolidate or delete multiple accounts.
We may remove accounts that have no posts. If the account has many posts, completely deleting the account can significantly disrupt thread continuity. In that event, we may (at our discretion) disable your account in some or all of the following ways: change the user name, remove signature content, subscriptions, avatar and identifying information or replace it with fictitious info. We may change account options to refuse contact and/or ban the account. Where communication features were used to share information with other individuals (e.g., sending a personal message to another Forum user) we generally cannot remove content. If someone quoted your post, the original user name will be shown as having been quoted (which we cannot purge).
Registering and participating at MustangEvolution.com constitutes agreement to abide by the Social Knowledge Network Terms of Service (Social Knowledge is the company that owns this forum). We reserve the right to modify these rules at any time without prior notice.
Someone has to interpret the above guidelines and how they apply to this forum. Ultimately it's up to our site team to make this decision. If you have any questions about these guidelines, please feel free to contact us.