Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Well I hit a deer.... now I need to know a few things....

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  SpectorV 
#1 ·
I hit a deer on the way home from work.... it knocked the **** out of it... literally, its all down the side of the car.... and it took the hood, front bumper, driver side fender, head light, fog light, side mirror, and head light alignment panel at least with it.

I am gonna need to replace the hood, and bumper and I may go with 2003 cobra, what all do I need to make a 2003 cobra hood, front bumper work correctly?

#3 ·
If you buy both the 03 hood and bumper, I believe it will work with the stock mounting points. The 03 hood sticks out enough to make up for the bumper. But damn man..that sucks..I've almost done that several times in my stang...post some pics of the damage up

#6 ·
I didnt stop for the deer I drove on about a half mile the car drove fine so I didnt know the fender was hanging out there, the door didnt open since the fender was back a bit behind it so I got out of the passenger side... then smelled the **** all over the car....

#11 ·
yeah, I smoked a deer in my high school truck.... and I did stop to beat the **** out of it.... that's when I found out I split the deer in half with the truck... and put each half in separate ditches. I was movin' pretty fast I guess.... and I ran over part of it, I'm thinking that was the front half..... anyway, somehow the thing got split apart. Anything rib cage on up kept going across my truck, and landed in the right ditch.... and the rib cage on down bounced off the side of the truck, and skidded into the left ditch. There was guts and blood EVERYWHERE. I broke a headlight..... that was it. Got to love those steel front bumpers :).... now, if it had been my car, I would've had to stop and take a good cry before even thinking about driving. Plus, I would've had to remove the deer from my passenger seat, as it would've joined me inside my car. The truck's bumper for the most part, hit it square.. and the bumper sits about where the top of my hood sits. The headlight was actually broken out by the shoulder and part of the head of the deer... I guess the head really cracked my front plastic grill too, but that was it, other than a chip out of my bug shield.... when my mom hit the deer in the high school truck, she was movin' about 65, and did a bit more damage.... but both deer were DEAD. No possible way they could get up and move. The deer my mom hit bounced off the grill of the truck, grill and fender, and ended up with one of those gaurd rail things kinda slicing deeply into it.... yeah. Gory, I know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.