Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Collector car?

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  SpectorV 
#1 ·
I recently spoke to someone who said the 07-up california special was a potential collector. Since the package wasn't really limited production and the changes are cosmetic, is there any truth to this?

#2 ·
Na, it wont be worth anything really over a normal GT, I mean a little but not very much. They simply made to many of them and they were not limited (I dont think they were, and to be limited they have to have made a specific number set before production was started, and a low number)

Same with the newer shelbys... nothing special they have flooded the market with them so they will continue to go down in value for quite a long time. At the 45th Anniversary event we had a bit back there were more newer shelbys than nearly anything else lol (2000+ cars where there, probably closer to 3000)

I do see much fewer CS/GT's than Shelby's though~ If you are willing to hold onto your car for 40 years you may get some money back on it, but when calculating inflation overtime vs investment of the same... its nearly always a loss.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.