Mustang Evolution

Mustang Evolution (http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/)
-   The Bar (http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f99/)
-   -   God is busy right now (http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f99/t252647/)

Herbstang 07-29-2010 01:58 PM

God is busy right now
 
A United States Marine was taking some college courses
between assignments. He had completed 20 missions in Iraq
and Afghanistan . One of the courses had a professor who
was an atheist

One day the professor shocked the class when he came in.
He looked to the ceiling and flatly stated, "GOD, if you are real, then
I want you to knock me off this platform... I'll give you exactly 15 min."
The lecture room fell silent. You could hear a pin drop. Ten minutes
went by and the professor proclaimed, "Here I am GOD, I'm still waiting."

It got down to the last couple of minutes when the Marine got
out of his chair, went up to the professor, and cold-cocked him;
knocking him off the platform. The professor was out cold.

The Marine went back to his seat and sat there, silently.
The other students were shocked and stunned, and sat there
looking on in silence. The professor eventually came to,
noticeably shaken, looked at the Marine and asked,
"What in the world is the matter with you? Why did you do that?"



The Marine calmly replied,
"GOD was too busy today protecting America's
soldiers who are protecting your right to say stupid
stuff and act like an idiot. So He sent me."

Brent 07-29-2010 02:03 PM

Re: God is busy right now
 
Repost

Herbstang 07-29-2010 02:10 PM

Re: God is busy right now
 
What your point !!!!! Its still a good one

Brent 07-29-2010 02:31 PM

Re: God is busy right now
 
My point was it was a repost :lol:

04TRV6 07-29-2010 02:36 PM

Re: God is busy right now
 
nice

SVTCOBRA 07-29-2010 04:48 PM

Re: God is busy right now
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Herbstang (Post 758349)


The Marine calmly replied,
"GOD was too busy today protecting America's
soldiers who are protecting your right to say stupid
stuff and act like an idiot. So He sent me."

Isn't that the truth.

Brent 07-29-2010 04:55 PM

Re: God is busy right now
 
I still fail to see the moral of the story. Is it:

1) All Atheists are loud and arrogant or
2) The solution to someone not believing in God is to punch them.

99ford 07-29-2010 05:54 PM

Re: God is busy right now
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brent (Post 758404)
I still fail to see the moral of the story. Is it:

1) All Atheists are loud and arrogant or
2) The solution to someone not believing in God is to punch them.

I see your point and that's not at all Christian like. It also kind of makes Christians look bad too.

I think what happened is the professor made a stupid comment ( happens a lot deal with it..) The marine got mad and over reacted.

I also think the person who typed this up had good intentions and made it sound like God sent the marine to do this, so the professor believes in God.

God doesn't send people around punching people for not believing in him. He doesn't magically appear either, his love is always there.

Getting back to my point the person meant well, but it just came out completely wrong. Or they are just cruising the internet waiting for threads of arguments about religion. Either way it sends a bad message to both parties and that's not the way to get people to become Christians. If anything it scares people off.

racefan966 07-29-2010 05:56 PM

Re: God is busy right now
 
As a Marine that there is funny. Oorah.

sonicpony03 07-29-2010 07:19 PM

Re: God is busy right now
 
I don't think it has any moral fiber at all, just a funny joke...hell I have pretty much the same views as the professor and I thought it was funny.

Anyone see the Book of Eli, that was a bible pushing movie and I thought it was awesome.

SVTCOBRA 07-29-2010 09:40 PM

Re: God is busy right now
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicpony03 (Post 758455)
Anyone see the Book of Eli, that was a bible pushing movie and I thought it was awesome.

I felt Legion tried to push the bible and it was good.
(Now this is coming from a Catholic if my opinion counts)

Brent 07-30-2010 12:57 AM

Re: God is busy right now
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicpony03 (Post 758455)
Anyone see the Book of Eli, that was a bible pushing movie and I thought it was awesome.

No wonder everyone in the southeast told me Book of Eli was a good movie.

Herbstang 07-30-2010 08:07 PM

Re: God is busy right now
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicpony03 (Post 758455)
I don't think it has any moral fiber at all, just a funny joke...hell I have pretty much the same views as the professor and I thought it was funny.

Anyone see the Book of Eli, that was a bible pushing movie and I thought it was awesome.

Exactly !! Nothing more then a joke !!!! Saw the Book of Eli thought it sucked IMHO

upton7 07-31-2010 12:24 AM

Re: God is busy right now
 
hmm

Tape 07-31-2010 06:07 PM

Re: God is busy right now
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Herbstang (Post 758349)
God is busy right now

he's always too busy, he must have been jacking off when the ragheads went for a plane ride sept 11th:rolleyes:

upton7 07-31-2010 06:57 PM

Re: God is busy right now
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tape (Post 758649)
he's always too busy, he must have been jacking off when the ragheads went for a plane ride sept 11th:rolleyes:

We'll all find out when we die.


(btw not cool dude)

Brent 08-01-2010 12:53 AM

Re: God is busy right now
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tape (Post 758649)
he's always too busy, he must have been jacking off when the ragheads went for a plane ride sept 11th:rolleyes:

I like you.

upton7 08-01-2010 01:19 AM

Re: God is busy right now
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brent (Post 758681)
I like you.

I believe it was a little to far.

SVTCOBRA 08-01-2010 02:18 PM

Re: God is busy right now
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by upton7 (Post 758683)
I believe it was a little to far.

+ Infinity

Brent 08-01-2010 09:45 PM

Re: God is busy right now
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by upton7 (Post 758683)
I believe it was a little to far.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVTCOBRA (Post 758744)
+ Infinity

Which is why I backed her up, because the majority of Americans rip apart people that don't believe in a God or are skeptical of one. Sick of that crap. We get tired of hearing everyone talk about God like its been scientifically proven he exists so its nice to hear someone step up and offer the other side of the argument.

Herbstang 08-02-2010 10:49 AM

Re: God is busy right now
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brent (Post 758785)
Which is why I backed her up, because the majority of Americans rip apart people that don't believe in a God or are skeptical of one. Sick of that crap. We get tired of hearing everyone talk about God like its been scientifically proven he exists so its nice to hear someone step up and offer the other side of the argument.

Damn one little repost caused all this !!!! Love it !!!! Here'something that spill forth from my mind during a mushroom adventure I wrote it down on the back of a album cover ( Jimmy Hendrix Best of)

god is a figment of mans imagination basic upon his need and insecrurity in life for a superior being to call upon in time of trouble or need

Brent 08-02-2010 10:51 AM

Re: God is busy right now
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Herbstang (Post 759173)
Damn one little repost caused all this !!!! Love it !!!! Here'something that spill forth from my mind during a mushroom adventure I wrote it down on the back of a album cover ( Jimmy Hendrix Best of)

god is a figment of mans imagination basic upon his need and insecrurity in life for a superior being to call upon in time of trouble or need

Great quote.

SVTCOBRA 08-02-2010 01:51 PM

Re: God is busy right now
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brent (Post 758785)
Which is why I backed her up, because the majority of Americans rip apart people that don't believe in a God or are skeptical of one. Sick of that crap. We get tired of hearing everyone talk about God like its been scientifically proven he exists so its nice to hear someone step up and offer the other side of the argument.

I didn't rip apart her or anyone for their view about GOD and I have no attention to. I just felt it cross the line a tad to much with the part about him wackin it. Ive had my fair share of God/Jesus jokes that Ive said.

upton7 08-02-2010 05:52 PM

Re: God is busy right now
 
I get ripped on for believing all the time. Get over it you little *****. You'll never make it in life if **** like that bothers you.

Brent 08-02-2010 05:59 PM

Re: God is busy right now
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by upton7 (Post 759607)
I get ripped on for believing all the time. Get over it you little *****. You'll never make it in life if **** like that bothers you.

Wow could you possibly over react to that **** anymore? Sounds like you are the one with something bothering you. :lmao:

Seriously, who the hell gives you **** all the time about your religion anyways?

upton7 08-02-2010 07:34 PM

Re: God is busy right now
 
lol i was just ****ing with ya just trying to rev up the thread.

1996v6stang 08-11-2010 08:00 AM

Re: God is busy right now
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tape (Post 758649)
he's always too busy, he must have been jacking off when the ragheads went for a plane ride sept 11th:rolleyes:

coulda been funny if so many people hadnt lost their lives that day

Herbstang 08-11-2010 01:34 PM

Re: God is busy right now
 
Your Right !! I do believe in a superior power I'm just not giving a name to it I had a situation where I should have died driving on black ice I hit it at 90 MPH car went into a spin right before I hit the guard rail, I felt the most unbelieve force I ever felt grab my right shoulder and at that exact monent the car stop spinning I pulled over and sat there for a good long time thanking everyone and anyone i could think of AND NO I WASN"T STONED but Im sure the hell lit up after that
Would'nt it be interesting if we all do good to a good place after death and everyone is saying **** we were all taking to the same Dude/dudette :lmao:

Tape 08-12-2010 01:29 AM

Re: God is busy right now
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1996v6stang (Post 763644)
coulda been funny if so many people hadnt lost their lives that day

I wasn't even trying to be funny, I was stating fact, maybe "god" wasn't jacking off but the "god" most people think of was busy doing something. If I was able to "desire by thinking" I would have stop those clowns by "thought" and they wouldn't have made it to the U.S. the first time.

1996v6stang 08-12-2010 09:40 AM

Re: God is busy right now
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tape (Post 764127)
I wasn't even trying to be funny, I was stating fact, maybe "god" wasn't jacking off but the "god" most people think of was busy doing something. If I was able to "desire by thinking" I would have stop those clowns by "thought" and they wouldn't have made it to the U.S. the first time.

yeah ok i get what you meant now.

upton7 08-13-2010 05:30 PM

Re: God is busy right now
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tape (Post 764127)
I wasn't even trying to be funny, I was stating fact, maybe "god" wasn't jacking off but the "god" most people think of was busy doing something. If I was able to "desire by thinking" I would have stop those clowns by "thought" and they wouldn't have made it to the U.S. the first time.

He can't interfere with free will just so you know.

Brent 08-13-2010 05:34 PM

Re: God is busy right now
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by upton7 (Post 765105)
He can't interfere with free will just so you know.

Yea he can, he is God.

n8r 08-13-2010 06:07 PM

Re: God is busy right now
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brent (Post 765109)
Yea he can, he is God.

Tis true. There is a big debate is predestination vs. free will, and I have heard good arguments for both, so I am undecided really. He can, but the question on whether he does or doesn't is something we may never know.

SaleenFiend 08-16-2010 03:22 AM

Re: God is busy right now
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tape (Post 758649)
he's always too busy, he must have been jacking off when the ragheads went for a plane ride sept 11th:rolleyes:

This is specifically written to insult believers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brent (Post 758785)
Which is why I backed her up, because the majority of Americans rip apart people that don't believe in a God or are skeptical of one. Sick of that crap. We get tired of hearing everyone talk about God like its been scientifically proven he exists so its nice to hear someone step up and offer the other side of the argument.

I agree Brent, on both sides though. We are all aloud to believe what we choose when we choose. While it hasn't been scientifically proven it has not been disapproved either. I say tomato you say tomato. Go spill your seed on someone and be done with this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by n8r (Post 765122)
Tis true. There is a big debate is predestination vs. free will, and I have heard good arguments for both, so I am undecided really. He can, but the question on whether he does or doesn't is something we may never know.

I feel that all of our choices in free will in our lives already each have a predestination in every possible instance.. Think about that.


I challenge anyone to actually read the entire Bible with an open mind. Take what you choose from it. I also make this offer for any book, The Q, Book of Mormon. If you then choose to, verify these books against historical facts and scientific research and base your own opinions of it.

Even if you choose not to believe or follow this or that God the bible has plenty of moral guides that we as humans should follow. It would make for a lot better place to live and spend my time on earth.

SaleenFiend 08-16-2010 03:24 AM

Re: God is busy right now
 
Also, Upton, you do nothing to help your argument about your Christianity with your words.


BTW guys, I don't believe in Religion, I believe in God. I have my own personal reasons and truths that have led me to this belief in my life. I'm no minister but if any of you guys ever want to talk about it, I love to talk about it. Even if it's just for the pure story of historical happenings and their relevance in today's world.


04:30 PM

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.